Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Is there a fitting tool for this game yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haize
Jun 13, 2008

rocketrobot posted:

There's this

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

Haize posted:

Just realized I have the scouts/blops lead, whose calls for intel & probing I would gladly take at 3am, still stored in my phone. Glorious times. zZzZ

Pretty sure you quit a game. I sold your dude for pennies

Oh wait there's more posts?! gently caress man!

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Yikes

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

Sub Rosa posted:

The very first game I played with goons was weird browser game MMA Tycoon, and it turned out two of the other goons that played are playing Echoes. We shared some stories today and I dug up some old threads on their forums. Highlight of my day.

One was me, and it was a good feeling to see someone else remembers that game. As I said in discord, its still around, but hard to get into as the player base is low and the training times for good fighters requires months and lots of money which puts people off.

Touchdown Boy fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Sep 29, 2020

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

A gööse once bit my sister.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

rocketrobot posted:

there was a fitting tool that was stil lbeing updated to modify based on your set skills, let me try and find the page and see what its currently updated to

edit: found it, i dont think its been updated yet to have the ship fitting take skills into account but i havent rechecked deeply atm

https://ieve.yiilib.com/#/ship-config

esto es malo fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Sep 29, 2020

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

They're...uh....they're flocking this way.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Beluga Snail posted:

They're...uh....they're flocking this way.

Are those... meat-eating... uh, meatasauruses?

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

esto es malo posted:

there was a fitting tool that was stil lbeing updated to modify based on your set skills, let me try and find the page and see what its currently updated to

edit: found it, i dont think its been updated yet to have the ship fitting take skills into account but i havent rechecked deeply atm

https://ieve.yiilib.com/#/ship-config

Not bad. Thanks!

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
Ran my first deadspace with this crew. GOOD TIMES . Super HONK good loot and PvP on the way home

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.
I relish my time in the salt mines.

Kungfu Trader fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 29, 2020

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Free retrievers again time?!

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Remember anyone with an account can read here.

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

Touchdown Boy posted:

Remember anyone with an account can read here.

Not even an account, this is viewable while logged out

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Oh no we found a deadspace 37 jumps away whatever will that do with that information?!

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

pixaal posted:

Oh no we found a deadspace 37 jumps away whatever will that do with that information?!

That deadspace certainly isn't in Deklein

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

OniPanda posted:

That deadspace certainly isn't in Deklein

Why are you giving out goose secrets! Don't reveal the secret base location that only premium geese get to know about

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Touchdown Boy posted:

One was me, and it was a good feeling to see someone else remembers that game. As I said in discord, its still around, but hard to get into as the player base is low and the training times for good fighters requires months and lots of money which puts people off.

Bit off topic, but I also played MMA tycoon with you guys. It was actually why I joined SA all those years ago, for the secret JavaScript scripts I think? The pubbie tears I harvested clinch loving them in the first round! Good times indeed!

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

Roid666 posted:

Bit off topic, but I also played MMA tycoon with you guys. It was actually why I joined SA all those years ago, for the secret JavaScript scripts I think? The pubbie tears I harvested clinch loving them in the first round! Good times indeed!

Clinch is still quite strong and you can make character to wreck most poorly built fighters and rack up easy wins. After coming back I was in the top 50 in like a month because of this. Sadly its not a great brag because there are barely 100 good players I reckon.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

pixaal posted:

Why are you giving out goose secrets! Don't reveal the secret base location that only premium geese get to know about

I will never reveal the goosetang secret

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

OniPanda posted:

I will never reveal the goosetang secret

I'll let you try my goosetang style!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Is this the follow-up to EVE Online? Is this where the goonswarm is at now?

I was just thinking of maybe giving EVE Online a go now that I have time on my hands, then I saw this thread.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

I was just thinking of maybe giving EVE Online a go now that I have time on my hands, then I saw this thread.

This is not where goonswarm is at now. Goonswarm is at the other thread, this is Goosefleet.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

Is this the follow-up to EVE Online?

Not really, they're totally separate games.

Phlegmish posted:

Is this where the goonswarm is at now?

No.

Phlegmish posted:

The culture of goons in this game is vastly different than Eve-Goons™️. If you want to shoot racists in free ships, check out the discord. I would suggest reading this entire thread though. Besides being highly informative, its also one of the most consistently entertaining threads on here right now.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

lol

Alright. I'm a little relieved, I thought everyone had jumped ship (heh) just as I was about to join.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The culture of goonwaffe is remarkably similar to goosefleet, but the other 28,000 pubbies are what determines the alliance culture, which is a bit poo poo. This game is better/more fun anyways, we've got better directors in goosefleet by far.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

https://wiki.goosefleet.cx/The_Gosling_Guide_to_Eve_Online

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Et tu, corgski?

I'll see what EVE Online is about, if it's not to my liking I'll check this out instead. Definitely looks better.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Phlegmish posted:

No, no, don’t.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

we've been (and still are) actively distancing ourselves from the whole "goonswarm" thing (and "goon" branding in general) because it's honestly more trouble than it's worth. back when we called ourselves goonswarm (1st, 2nd, and kinda 3rd iteration of the corp/thread) all the pubbies would flock to us thinking we were an Authentic Mittani-Approved Organization here to own all the space, Ruin Eve and all that bullshit. that, and like 90% of the shitheads we've kicked out have wound up being people (usually j4gs or not-SA pubbies) from goonswarm who think it's cool and good to banter about with slurs, call people retards, and get mad when we ask them to stop using "jewing" as slang for printing money. it's not, we like to shoot people who do that.

Radio Free Kobold fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 30, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Radio Free Kobold posted:

we've been (and still are) actively distancing ourselves from the whole "goonswarm" thing (and "goon" branding in general) because it's honestly more trouble than it's worth. back when we called ourselves goonswarm (1st, 2nd, and kinda 3rd iteration of the corp/thread) all the pubbies would flock to us thinking we were an Authentic Mittani-Approved Organization here to own all the space, Ruin Eve and all that bullshit. that, and like 90% of the shitheads we've kicked out have wound up being people (usually j4gs or not-SA pubbies) from goonswarm who think it's cool and good to banter about with slurs, call people retards, and get mad when we ask them to stop using "jewing" as slang for printing money. it's not, we like to shoot people who do that.

Goons affiliation carries a certain, flavor, as it were, due to the amount of poo poo surrounding the EVE Online space guild, and it's absolutely not worth it to associate yourself to that.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
The goon brand is totally ruined in EVE. Goose branding though? 📈

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Kaysette posted:

The goon brand is totally ruined in EVE. Goose branding though? 📈

I'm sad but also relieved that basically no one remembers the WOWGoons antics that got a lot of J4Gs here and vitriol from the wow community at large. At the height of WOWGoons and other MMOs coming out, we couldn't go 5 minutes into a new game without people aggressively hating goons because wow. I remember when warhammer online came out, I was there at the ground floor, we scraped the money together for a guild and named it goon squad, immediate hate. Same in Wildstar, rip that game. Now everyone hates us just because Eve Online.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Imagine telling people you played wildstar oof

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

A goon here got me a key for Wildstar while it was still paid sub and I still feel cheated :negative:

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I have no problem with goon branding, we used it to much success in games I've played. Eve Online branding tho is full of casual racism and I don't want anyone to do with it.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
Oh boy can’t wait to read two hundred something fresh toilet eve posts.

e:
buttbot for CEO.

Dukes Mayo Clinic fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 30, 2020

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

esto es malo posted:

Imagine telling people you played wildstar oof

Look, I said before, there's things I've done in my past that I'm not proud of but we must own up to it in order to positively move forward!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Don't worry though, we aren't racists but we still are going to ruin the game.