Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES
Anyone having an issue since the patch with people having hugely negative vassalization acceptance scores due to military differences? This one guy can raise, with allies, about 2000 troops to my 2000, but his military difference modifier is at like -15,000. Another person can raise about 4k with allies, and his modifier is -66,000. This is a save I continued from pre-patch, if it matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Anyone know what is the calculation for troop quality? Like "20% of MaA/Knights is 3 dots, 40% is 4 dots" or something like that - wish there was a tooltip for quality.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

bgreman posted:

Anyone having an issue since the patch with people having hugely negative vassalization acceptance scores due to military differences? This one guy can raise, with allies, about 2000 troops to my 2000, but his military difference modifier is at like -15,000. Another person can raise about 4k with allies, and his modifier is -66,000. This is a save I continued from pre-patch, if it matters.

It's always been that you have to overpower someone pretty heavily for them to even consider vassalization, it was like that in Ck2 as well.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Patch messed up letters with accents

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

strong bird posted:

wendish empire was also not very good as a name. theres really no very good names for that area of the map that makes sense for everything in the empire

It is infinitely better than "Southern Baltic Empire", and pissing off ethnonationalist Slavs on the internet is an excellent feature.

Otherwise, let me present to you a collection of screeds from proud Romanians about the hideous mistreatment of the proud ancestral Vlach peoples, the categorization of whom as 'south Slavs' is a grievous insult.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Patch messed up letters with accents

Is this continued from a 1.0 save? If so it's on our radar, if not it will be soon... Saves usually aren't cross-version compatible, but 1.0 to 1.1 works. Mostly.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

OctaMurk posted:

Thinking about starting an 867 game. How do you all feel about the norse border gore, is it a lot better now?

There's no more Norse West Africa, so, yeah a lot better.

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat
Held off on going feudal until the patch and really pleased with the random buildings I got. Heroes all the way down.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Huh, since the patch, my female vassals in my equal rights tribal kingdom doesn't marry at all, instead they just take consorts and get kids that way, which works out fine I guess.

Edit: Aww they hid the factors on discovered plots, you can no longer immediately see who is plotting if they are vengeful and your rival.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Sep 30, 2020

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

BrainMeats posted:

Held off on going feudal until the patch and really pleased with the random buildings I got. Heroes all the way down.

I missed that in the patch, do they not hang tribes out to dry anymore?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

Huh, since the patch, my female vassals in my equal rights tribal kingdom doesn't marry at all, instead they just take consorts and get kids that way, which works out fine I guess.

guess the AI is more interested in their dynasty continuing than the developers thought

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

strong bird posted:

guess the AI is more interested in their dynasty continuing than the developers thought

Yeah I honestly didn't get their response. Dynasties may be a game mechanic, but people were absolutely aware of - if not obsessed with - their lineage and who's in their family line. It may not have come out for women most of the time but it seems wrong to say that they wouldn't care or be aware of it.

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat

Azhais posted:

I missed that in the patch, do they not hang tribes out to dry anymore?

When you embrace feudalism tribal buildings get replaced by random improvements instead of empty ground.

I'm not sure a pile of hero halls is working as intended. Maybe some weirdness from continuing a pre-patch save.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

LordMune posted:

Is this continued from a 1.0 save? If so it's on our radar, if not it will be soon... Saves usually aren't cross-version compatible, but 1.0 to 1.1 works. Mostly.

Yeah it's my "old" save it works perfectly fine aside from loving up the names.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Uhhhhhh.... ok. What's the story with THIS insane 8 holding county in the mountains by Ragusa?

Like.... London is a five holding county :lol:

I mean... I figure places like this are the best because early game you can try to build a ton of castles there and have all your holdings go to your heir even with partition.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

BrainMeats posted:

:laffo:
They forgot to exclude Duchy/special buildings from the random pool?

So I decided to restart the Daura matrilineal playthrough rather than continue my old save - noticed they also put her up as a starter character which is cool.

My first two attempts were interrupted very early on by being murdered by her husband's concubine who is also her rival. So yeah, the AI definitely likes to :murder: more. Alliances also need to be thought about more - 750 Fame loss (unsure if this is variable) for declining to join a defensive war is a lot bigger of an issue compared to the old "oh they just won't like you as much" penalty. At least I can just accept, raise some levies, send them to die and ignore them I guess.

Also love some of the UI tweaks that make some things easier to see, though it feels like the "Surrender/White Peace/Enforce Demands" buttons are duller and almost look greyed out. I like that stress is easier to see.

Combat is now harder (when you're not overpowering the enemy) as the AI is less likely to do stupid things, and will keep their armies together. Then again, your own allies will be smarter about helping you too.

A God drat Ghost posted:

Yeah I honestly didn't get their response. Dynasties may be a game mechanic, but people were absolutely aware of - if not obsessed with - their lineage and who's in their family line. It may not have come out for women most of the time but it seems wrong to say that they wouldn't care or be aware of it.
If by "people" you mean players, of course they care. They meant that the AI shouldn't care about it as it does not care about an impending "game over". Would be nice if at least the AI controlling the player's Dynasty characters would try to avoid marrying out of it though. Then again, the renown capping at 100 members means I no longer have to spend the start of the game trying to spread it as much as possible - does anyone know if they fixed the Dynasty tree crashing/performance issues when you get to ~500 in it?

PancakeTransmission fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 30, 2020

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Hey, liege, let's modify my feudal contract. I'll pay you 0.2 a month instead of 0.1, but get guaranteed council rights so I can force you to make me a Steward and get 3 gold a month. :getin:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Am I handicapping myself by not creating Dutchy titles? I have the opportunity to create 39 of them. A have a zillion kingdoms to my name though. Byzantine Empire, if it matters.

Also, how in the world do I manage 60 vassal limit while not losing land when a vassal dies? Im not quite sure how I grant vassals to other vassals without shooting myself in the foot.

buglord fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 30, 2020

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

PancakeTransmission posted:

My first two attempts were interrupted very early on by being murdered by her husband's concubine who is also her rival. So yeah, the AI definitely likes to :murder: more.

The best way to destroy an enemy is to make them your friend

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
if there isn't a penalty for arranging marriages/alliances during a war, there definitely should be

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
I think there's a bug where I am unable to press any claims (fighting the Byzantines as Italia in about 1130). I have fabricated claims on about 6 counties in the Byzantine Empire but when I go to declare war there's no option to use them as a casus belli.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

buglord posted:

Am I handicapping myself by not creating Dutchy titles? I have the opportunity to create 39 of them. A have a zillion kingdoms to my name though. Byzantine Empire, if it matters.

Also, how in the world do I manage 60 vassal limit while not losing land when a vassal dies? Im not quite sure how I grant vassals to other vassals without shooting myself in the foot.

its much easier to make 5 dukes happy than 50 counts. also your vassal's vassals don't count to your vassal limit

Omar_Comin
Aug 20, 2004
Dark Jedi Carebear

buglord posted:

1) Yes.

2) Create 39 Duchy Titles, hand them out. De Jure vassals of a Duchy Title will be included if appropriate. If you are still hitting your Vassal cap, consider giving Kingdoms to Dynasty members.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Are the "starting as ruler X" achievements still broken? I did Re-conquista and Sibling rivalry in 1.0 and the update didn't recognize them retroactively. :(

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

sullat posted:

The best way to destroy an enemy is to make them your friend
Very true. Makes them let their guard down for the murder plot.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Why don't we just start shooting tar heroin instead?

wologar posted:

Are the "starting as ruler X" achievements still broken? I did Re-conquista and Sibling rivalry in 1.0 and the update didn't recognize them retroactively. :(

Havnt tested it out but patch notes do say they fixed it.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

My vassal, who is a motherfucker, imprisoned my daughter’s bethrothed. Is there any way I can get him out?

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
I found a way to switch from feudal to clan! If you become the temporal head of faith of a custom Islamic Religion it changes your government.You might have to be a duke or lower, not sure.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

PancakeTransmission posted:

If by "people" you mean players, of course they care. They meant that the AI shouldn't care about it as it does not care about an impending "game over". Would be nice if at least the AI controlling the player's Dynasty characters would try to avoid marrying out of it though. Then again, the renown capping at 100 members means I no longer have to spend the start of the game trying to spread it as much as possible - does anyone know if they fixed the Dynasty tree crashing/performance issues when you get to ~500 in it?

I meant people. Like people in reality at the time cared about their lineage and dynasty, and since Paradox seems to want to imitate history, maybe that should matter.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

wologar posted:

I think they said the save file doesn’t have enough information for them to detect the achievements, but I’m not 100% sure.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I'm having weird issues where my lands and titles just keep disappearing. I took Sardinia and then like 10 years later, I randomly lost all my lands there to a hostile religion that just came out of nowhere. There was no war going on. Just happened again with Tuscany and Pisa, just a random guy suddenly is duke without owning any of the provinces beforehand.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
So.... what would destroy an Empire title? I looked over and the Abassid's were just.... gone. Title history says 'destroyed' in 932.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

wologar posted:

Can't be done retroactively

Meneth posted:

If we could've fixed it retroactively, we would've. Problem is the necessary info for it quite simply does not exist in pre-1.1 saves.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

OctaMurk posted:

Thinking about starting an 867 game. How do you all feel about the norse border gore, is it a lot better now?

I've played the first decade or two with the new patch, it's way better.

Fintilgin posted:

So.... what would destroy an Empire title? I looked over and the Abassid's were just.... gone. Title history says 'destroyed' in 932.

With the default game rules titles will be destroyed if the holder owns no land in the de jure territory of that title (not sure how that works for titles with no de jure lands though). Maybe that, possibly coupled with some Exclave Independence shenanigans if you have that cranked up in the game rules.

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 30, 2020

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
As High King of Ireland I was able to conquer Wales. When I died my oldest son took the Irish lands while my two younger sons each got a Duchy in Wales. Shortly afterwards one of the lesser Welsh lords started a war for one of Duchys and managed to win despite my brother personally owning 4/5 counties.

After the war the new Duke imprisoned my brother and then executed him. Big mistake. I was able to arrest him and revoke all his titles. He was Duke for less than a month and now rots in my dungeon, his family forever landless.

Do not gently caress with Ireland.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

ulmont posted:

I think they said the save file doesn’t have enough information for them to detect the achievements, but I’m not 100% sure.

Thanks for the info. I guess it's time to do it again, this time as Navarra. Everyone will Basque in the glory of Lollard Hispania.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Trevor Hale posted:

My vassal, who is a motherfucker, imprisoned my daughter’s bethrothed. Is there any way I can get him out?

There should be something in the right-click menu if you're that persons liege or they're not permanently part of a court. I haven't run into that though so I'm not certain. A hook will guarantee it if you can make the request but they're reluctant.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Chakan posted:

There should be something in the right-click menu if you're that persons liege or they're not permanently part of a court. I haven't run into that though so I'm not certain. A hook will guarantee it if you can make the request but they're reluctant.

Turned out he was not a direct vassal, just a dude who hated me. I sent my imprisoned soon to be son in law a gift of money and the guy ignored it for months and then took 10 gold off of him. Now I will plot his murder

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

Broken Cog posted:

It's always been that you have to overpower someone pretty heavily for them to even consider vassalization, it was like that in Ck2 as well.

Yeah but like -60k? I'd expect -60 maybe, but not -60,000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

PittTheElder posted:

With the default game rules titles will be destroyed if the holder owns no land in the de jure territory of that title (not sure how that works for titles with no de jure lands though). Maybe that, possibly coupled with some Exclave Independence shenanigans if you have that cranked up in the game rules.

Hmm, yeah that might be it. I have Exclaves maxed because when I reform my religion I'm gonna call it Pretty Borders.