Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
"I think any women would see this and take offense!"

Lol dollars to donuts white women still lean trump

This cnn post debate is fantastic

"I think biden did uh uh fine he was great"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Faustian Bargain posted:

Even Rick Santorum isn't having this poo poo.

He tried to defend it briefly

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Aineris posted:

This is the poo poo that I'm talking about, folks. We're all quite biased here, but come the gently caress on. Anybody that was honestly impressed with Biden's performance would have been more impressed with literally anybody else on the planet.

You stay in there, ninety minutes in close proximity to the apparently endless fountain of poo poo, and let's see how you look and sound.

Couldn't pay me enough.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

smoobles posted:

A guy on NBC is saying it's not unreasonable that the rest of the debates could be canceled after that shitshow, is that even a thing that could happen? Surely ratings are too high

It certainly could happen. The CPD could choose to cancel them. I find it hard to believe they would, but I could also imagine the rest of the moderators refusing to do them, after seeing what a bad time Wallace had.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Roger Explosion posted:

Oh please. The whole goddamn world knows about the US electoral college or has access to something that can explain it easily.

Then the whole goddamn world knows that not voting for Joe Biden does not mean you're helping Trump, yet a lot of you can't seem to pull this one together...

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Daniel Dale is coming up for a fact check. I hope he had enough whiskey.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
CNN is literally saying Biden shouldn't agree to another debate jesus

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Biden was calm and measured, he got angry when he needed to.

When he talked about Beau and Trump attacked Hunter, was really bad. There shouldn’t be another debate.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Part of me wants to smoke a cigarette though I haven't in like 5 years

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Just Chamber posted:

The fabrication was in reference to Beau being dishonorably discharged (I dont know if that's true or not) not the drug use

Well good on Joe then for making some kind of sense.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

1glitch0 posted:

god that poor man

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Jerusalem posted:

CNN: We have gotten angry messages from circus workers who insist they actually work hard at their jobs and are professionals.

I was gonna say, calling Trump a clown is an insult to clowns.

Aineris
Oct 10, 2005
How dare these black people not want to get murdered!? Don't they know it could expose me to COVID!?

Xombie posted:

No one out in the normal world is coming out of that thinking about Biden at all.

Don't you see how that is a giant loving problem?

uninterrupted posted:

No loving duh... he's awful at this.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Agent Burt Macklin posted:

A lot of post-debate wrap up right now is very focused on how bad it is.

I bet this is the last debate.

I think VP debate will happen, but another presidential debate is 50/50 at best

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

uninterrupted posted:

I mean...

But he shouldn't back out. Trump wil first

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
Why don't they cut off the mics when the other person is speaking?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

ReidRansom posted:

Part of me wants to smoke a cigarette though I haven't in like 5 years

:hf:

Part of what helped me to quit was allowing myself the chance to have one every once in a while.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Roger Explosion posted:

Oh please. The whole goddamn world knows about the US electoral college or has access to something that can explain it easily.

You clearly didn't understand the point being made in that post.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

uninterrupted posted:

Not a bad idea, TBH.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

I think "will you just shut up man" is going to be the thing that has the most impact here. People are sick of the clown car. It's not entertaining anymore, just exhausting. These are the people who want Biden the most IMO.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

uninterrupted posted:

"I think any women would see this and take offense!"

Lol dollars to donuts white women still lean trump

This cnn post debate is fantastic

"I think biden did uh uh fine he was great"

Um per the latest polling Biden is winning white women by a sizable margin. There's like a 30+ point gap between his numbers with white women and white men (because white men continue to be The Worst)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I honestly don't even know what the next debate would cover. I felt like this one covered about as much as you could reasonably expect with Biden going "I'm gonna make things good, I promise! Cross my heart!" and Trump hitting every single talking point he could in every single sentence. Like what is a further debate going to be beyond a fistfight where neither candidate can raise their arms high enough to get a good blow in.

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009
wow america, why do you guys suck so hard, too much freedom or not enough?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

ReidRansom posted:

I mean...

But he shouldn't back out. Trump wil first

Lmao the hell Trump will.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Agent Burt Macklin posted:

A lot of post-debate wrap up right now is very focused on how bad it is.

I bet this is the last debate.

The problem with that is: who's gonna pull the plug? Who blinks first?

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

ratbert90 posted:

The one where he disparaged UHC, BLM, the GND, and refused to condemn police brutality?

The president just told, on national television, the Proud Boys and other white supremacists militias to stand. Yeah. Totally the same.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Trump needs the debates to go on because it’s much needed free airtime for his broke campaign. Biden should pull out and deny him that. This debate gives him all of the excuse needed, and I think most of the public would be thnakful to not sit through any more.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Aineris posted:

Don't you see how that is a giant loving problem?

Biden is the one currently winning the election. Again, who do you think was coming out of watching this debate and getting on the Trump train or feeling fine with Trump winning?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

the last signal... posted:

I blame our parents

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

uninterrupted posted:

Generally, this is a bad sign.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Trump bringing up drug use while Biden talked about Beau is not going to play well

Indeed, that was disgusting behavior by Trump and the kind of thing that could piss off moderate liberal voters.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

1glitch0 posted:

how much time does he have? I feel like a full and proper fact check would take until the next debate

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

I could see Trump backing out of future debates because he did awful tonight (Biden didnt do great but came across at least professional) and he'll claim he isn't being treated fairly because he was not allowed to be as much of a bully as he wanted to be even though Wallace let him get away with a ton, but how the hell do you even shut someone up that just outright refuses to let someone speak? There needs to be a new rule where the person who isnt speaking has their mic just cut and the camera is off them.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The only way the next debate can happen is if the moderator has the ability to mute mics and do immediate fact checks

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

the last signal... posted:

Thank you for your input.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

TyrantWD posted:

Trump needs the debates to go on because it’s much needed free airtime for his broke campaign. Biden should pull out and deny him that. This debate gives him all of the excuse needed, and I think most of the public would be thnakful to not sit through any more.

That'd be a weak move and give the right an easy dunk for calling biden "weak" or whatever. But then again facts don't matter and they will spew bullshit about him anyway.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
End of debate feelings:

I hope they both die of natural causes before the election because holy gently caress they both suck so loving god drat bad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Santorum trying to claim on CNN that Trump didn't tell the Proud Boys "stand by".

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Neurolimal posted:

Generally, this is a bad sign.

Not for the reasons you think because you hate Biden. There’s no reason for this type of show.

Trump literally told the proud boys to be on standby, imagine not voting against that 😳

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

volts5000 posted:

The president just told, on national television, the Proud Boys and other white supremacists militias to stand. Yeah. Totally the same.

Continuing the same course is clearly just as bad as handing the next 4 years to avowed white supremacists and extreme social conservatives