Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009

How are u posted:

Would you be willing to link a Presidential (or equivalent) debate from your country of origin?

????? what are you trying to prove here????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VRliFlrvfA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
What Biden did was pretty smart tonight. The "No Green New Deal" and "No Defunding the Police" stuff was 100% to counter Trump's crazy conspiracy theories he's selling to his base about Biden.

If Republican chuds hear from Biden's mouth that he doesn't want to defund the police or take away their guns, they might see a way out. Not all of Trump's base is made of raving lunatics who are only in it for the lols. Some of them want a life raft.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

ReidRansom posted:

I keep a few packs in my bugout bags and .....aahhhhh

My wife is in bed between me and those bags and I am grateful for that. I do not need a cigarette

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Aineris posted:

If people were going to be "sick of the clown car", it would have happened three years ago.

The United States does not have a mechanism to call for early elections. If they did, Trump would not have lasted the term.

The voters got sick of the clown car almost immediately when they quickly realized it wasn't all an act and that Trump really was that nuts and his popularity reflects that. The GOP was thrashed in 2018, and he's doing worse than any incumbent president in the entire modern history of polls.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GreatGreen posted:

What Biden did was pretty smart tonight. The "No Green New Deal" and "No Defunding the Police" stuff was 100% to counter Trump's crazy conspiracy theories he's selling to his base about Biden.

If Republican chuds hear from Biden's mouth that he doesn't want to defund the police or take away their guns, they might see a way out. Not all of Trump's base is made of raving lunatics who are only in it for the lols. Some of them want a life raft.

I believe you'll find Biden's base is nothing but Radical Leftists who also support him over Bernie Sanders???

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

DC Murderverse posted:

how much time does he have? I feel like a full and proper fact check would take until the next debate

lol we was given like a minute on CNN.

Also on CNN Van Jones is saying people are asking if they should buy a gun. We have fell down the rabbit hole.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Imagine watching that debate and thinking there is even a choice here. Joe Biden loving sucks but the alternative is, I don't even know what the hell that was.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

This was always going to be the result.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ReidRansom posted:

My wife is in bed between me and those bags and I am grateful for that. I do not need a cigarette

Catastrophizing is a serious mental health issue.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

ratbert90 posted:

Supporting Burning down police stations is quite the jump from “condemning police brutality.” Do go on with your reactionary horseshit though. :allears:

If you were actually paying attention to what Trump was saying he was specifically questioning how non-violent and how peaceful protesters are. Let me be clear, I wholly support BLM and think the police are out of control in this country. I also, at the same time, believe Biden is a far better candidate than Trump.

You want Biden to be baited into producing more sound bites for Trump, or at least you sure sound like you do. I'm not happy with what Biden said, but I can understand that a dog barking in your ear will throw you off.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

GreatGreen posted:

Wonder if that'll make up for the people he pissed off by explicitly denouncing the things they care about.

https://twitter.com/bmoreconnected/status/1311130475713495042

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

ratbert90 posted:

The one where he disparaged UHC, BLM, the GND, and refused to condemn police brutality?

Most voters are perfectly fine with Biden advancing healthcare and environmental policy away from the current burning tire fire they are in under Trump and don’t particularly give a poo poo that he doesn’t attach his name to existing proposals he didn’t craft himself. While he could have been more supportive of BLM, I don’t think anyone was expecting him to yell “gently caress the Police” and cede the rest of his time, while his opponent is actively calling for BLM to be wiped out and is openly endorsing white supremacist groups.

I’m not sure how anyone to the left of Nixon is having a hard time finding some motivation to vote after that debate...

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

the last signal... posted:

????? what are you trying to prove here????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VRliFlrvfA

I'm interested to see what your Presidential Debates look like. Thank you for responding.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

ImpAtom posted:

They are both scary racists and violent white supremacists. You're really stretching for something to be angry about here.

I just think she could have used stronger language imo

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Popete posted:

Imagine watching that debate and thinking there is even a choice here. Joe Biden loving sucks but the alternative is, I don't even know what the hell that was.

A man who hates us.

Please for the love of god help stop him.

Biden might not have the best ideas but Trump actively hates us and wants California to loving burn.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

GreatGreen posted:

What Biden did was pretty smart tonight. The "No Green New Deal" and "No Defunding the Police" stuff was 100% to counter "President" Trump's crazy conspiracy theories he's selling to his base about Biden.

If Republican chuds hear from Biden's mouth that he doesn't want to defund the police or take away their guns, they might see a way out. Not all of "President" Trump's base is made of raving lunatics who are only in it for the lols. Some of them want a life raft.

Exactly. But he did lose ratbert90, oh no

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

1glitch0 posted:

lol we was given like a minute on CNN.

wolf said they would have him back every 10 minutes for fact checks

DD prolly needs to look up stuff in between

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Kreeblah posted:

Wonder if that'll make up for the people he pissed off by explicitly denouncing the things they care about.

Their websites are hosted on godaddy bronze level accounts so it doesn't take much traffic to knock them out.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Popete posted:

People are mad that the life raft they're being thrown isn't bedazzled with diamonds and will willingly take a gulp of sea water out of spite.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

GreatGreen posted:

I feel like perhaps republican chuds might be able to conceive of joe biden lying?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Kreeblah posted:

Let's hit 5% people!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Not to be the CNN news alert, but Santorum has given up and we have "Undecided Voters!" coming up!

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Kreeblah posted:

This is probably just that they both forgot to pay the bill to the ISP.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Aineris posted:

If people were going to be "sick of the clown car", it would have happened three years ago.

On the other hand, Trump voters get a do-over with a white guy instead of a woman who has been poo poo on for two decades, which is good for at least a couple percentage points

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

ascii genitals posted:

If you were actually paying attention to what Trump was saying he was specifically questioning how non-violent and how peaceful protesters are. Let me be clear, I wholly support BLM and think the police are out of control in this country. I also, at the same time, believe Biden is a far better candidate than Trump.

You want Biden to be baited into producing more sound bites for Trump, or at least you sure sound like you do. I'm not happy with what Biden said, but I can understand that a dog barking in your ear will throw you off.

A pretty straight forward answer would have been something along the lines of: “Violent protests are bad, and I understand why people are angry. Police Brutality is a serious problem in this country and we need to address it on a national level.”

Instead we got “A few bad apples!” Out of him.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

nine-gear crow posted:

People are mad that the life raft they're being thrown isn't bedazzled with diamonds and will willingly take a gulp of sea water out of spite.

Seriously. This.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Kreeblah posted:

If polling shows a statistically significant Howie Bump then I'll be interested. Until then, well, it looks like they just have lovely webhosting.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

yeah, Santorum is now just flat-out exasperated at Trump not denouncing white supremacists. He's not really even trying very hard to talk up the GOP.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Xombie posted:

Again literally no one not already a Chud watched that, nodding, going "I'd like 4 more years of this, yes."

I can't imagine anyone watched that and wanted four years of either of them.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Romes128 posted:

wolf said they would have him back every 10 minutes for fact checks

DD prolly needs to look up stuff in between

It's probably the time to pray to whatever god he believes in to take him away from this terrible burden he has been given.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

nine-gear crow posted:

But it's full of holes and made of cardboard

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

I think perhaps a slightly more charitable characterization might be being mad that a bunch of people came by in a big yacht, torpedoed the nice life raft, then threw a shittier one down and drove off while yelling "you should be thankful!"

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Popete posted:

Don't worry, it does not know what it was either.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

31% "Entertained" is bewildering to me because that was horrifying to watch.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bootleg Trunks posted:

But it's full of holes and made of cardboard

And it will still kill everybody, except it won’t post about it on Twitter.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
God that was awful, and a perfect mirror to 2020 as a whole.

I doubt this will move the needle, and Trump really struck out when he supported white supremacists at the very end there. My FB is blowing up about that.

Trump needed a home run and he didn't get it.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I can't imagine anyone watched that and wanted four years of either of them.

pretty much this. Trump looked like Trump, Biden looked like a chump eagerly biting at every one of Trump's "this policy is radical and left, do you support this radical left plan?" baits.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The next debate should be conducted entirely through tweets. Moderator asks a question, each candidate gets 280 characters to make their case. I'm 99% sure that leads to a better debate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Who are the 17% of idiots that were informed by that?