Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ascii genitals posted:

A new coal or oil power plant would be unprofitable even under the current administration.

and what about natural gas plants from fracking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

ratbert90 posted:

Apparently “refinery” and “power plant” are the same words to you?

Well considering petroleum is also used to make things like pharmaceuticals, fibers, plastics, and other materials uh yeah I am against completely eliminating all refineries. I think burning it for fuel is very wasteful.

But again, you weren't paying attention for the debate you're just here to talk poo poo and prop up losing candidates. A bad idea all around.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

like, if I already decided that I wasn't voting for either, I sure as gently caress wouldn't watch this trainwreck of a debate. Go do something else!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

when’s the next debate

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Anyone who thinks Biden or any mainstream politician would actually champion the term "defund the police" is loving delusional.

Nobody said they should. Biden didn’t even acknowledge police brutality.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

that's "less polluting" you cracked the code

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

This is the worst post in awhile. Militia groups are growing because a segment of Americans are violent racists, you loving moron, and the President is giving them a loving platform and cheering them on. Stop going to bat to defend literal anti-Semites and Nazis you dipshit.

uh, did you even watch the debate? biden said that racism doesn't exist anymore

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

PerniciousKnid posted:

Militia groups are growing because Democrats have done nothing for most of the American people for decades, and this thread is really self-conscious about it.

Ahh yes, the famous “economic anxiety” argument being made by progressives, once again giving credence to horse shoe theory.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Minrad posted:

things don't seem that bad. mostly just looks like sand?

3.6 years. Not great, not terrible.

Stop catastrophizing!

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

PerniciousKnid posted:

Militia groups are growing because Democrats have done nothing for most of the American people for decades, and this thread is really self-conscious about it.

Highlighting this trainwreck of a post for a new page, by the way. Going to bat to defend literal loving Nazis here.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

like, if I already decided that I wasn't voting for either, I sure as gently caress wouldn't watch this trainwreck of a debate. Go do something else!

are you the mythical undecided voter?

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

if you are using the luxury of living in a deep blue state to vote third party, or you were never going to support Trump or Biden, why are you subjecting yourself to this discussion or participating in this thread?
You can ask the same of every poster in this thread mate.

GreatGreen posted:

Good idea, I was going to vote for Biden but let's show him who's boss by voting 3rd party and splitting the vote, handing Trump a landslide victory.

What the gently caress is wrong with you.
Your vote or even all SA's votes aren't going be the key one that swings the EC. That's catastrophizing.
The party will just ignore them like the rest of the third party candidates.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Space Gopher posted:

Yes, it is absolutely a problem. We should have candidates who will do better than "poorly" on immigration. That's why I protested at the local immigration prison under Obama, didn't vote for Biden in the primary, and will continue to support candidates who will do better than Biden.

It also doesn't change the fact that, if Trump wins, hundreds of thousands of people who have known nothing but the US and who have built stable lives here will be turned into unpersons and deported, and that if Biden wins, those people will be allowed to stay, study, and work in the United States.

You're willing to sacrifice those people for the sake of your purity. Good for you, you're very pure, much purer than I am. I happen to know and care about some of them, so I'm going to exert whatever meager scrap of power I've got to bend the outcome to the one where they don't get deported, even if it means I'm not as good a leftist as you are.

They’re misanthropes wanting everyone to be miserable and depressed like they are.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

PerniciousKnid posted:

Oh we're just posting qanon talking points in here now I guess

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

fart simpson posted:

that's "less polluting" you cracked the code

gently caress i should have considered that natural gas plants have cooked their emissions to be technically lower

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Minrad posted:

uh, did you even watch the debate? biden said that racism doesn't exist anymore

Biden said that systemic racism exists.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Space Gopher posted:

Yes, it is absolutely a problem. We should have candidates who will do better than "poorly" on immigration. That's why I protested at the local immigration prison under Obama, didn't vote for Biden in the primary, and will continue to support candidates who will do better than Biden.

It also doesn't change the fact that, if Trump wins, hundreds of thousands of people who have known nothing but the US and who have built stable lives here will be turned into unpersons and deported, and that if Biden wins, those people will be allowed to stay, study, and work in the United States.

You're willing to sacrifice those people for the sake of your purity. Good for you, you're very pure, much purer than I am. I happen to know and care about some of them, so I'm going to exert whatever meager scrap of power I've got to bend the outcome to the one where they don't get deported, even if it means I'm not as good a leftist as you are.

I'm asking because, like, do you not see a conflict between voting for crappy candidates and voting for not crappy ones? Like yeah you can vote left in the primary but if you vote right at the general anyway doesn't that send a much clearer message that nobody needs to tack left?

Like worldwide don't you think there's a story repeated over and over where left representation is utterly disenfranchised and taken for granted by center right types using the threat of the far right during elections and then pandering to them once they're in office?

How does that cycle break?

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Lets see, the topic is Biden vs. Trump yes? Then I pick Biden.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Biden said that systemic racism exists.

and he should know!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

ascii genitals posted:

Lets see, the topic is Biden vs. Trump yes? Then I pick Biden.

so the outcome is still massive amounts of carbon pollution that kills the planet regardless of who we vote for! hooray!

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Space Gopher posted:

I've seen quite a bit of catastrophizing in my day and this certainly is catastrophizing. My prescription is therapy.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Popete posted:

"Joe Biden would have vetoed the Green New Deal" I smugly reply as my ballot for the 2022 midterms is rejected under the new Trump Fair Voting Act.

I'm glad to hear that my vote will mean as much in 2 years as it does now. This sort of promise of stability is exactly why the dems keep losing to the right and why they need to become more conservative

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

So we're going to wake up to every poll saying Biden won and a bunch of people who spent the night saying Biden got trounced just disappear into the aether again? Is that about right?

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

fart simpson posted:

and he should know!

So you admit that you were wrong when you said Biden claimed racism was over?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

spunkshui posted:

I have no idea what the gently caress this means.

a banana republic, if that wasn't clear

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

This is the worst post in awhile. Militia groups are growing because a segment of Americans are violent racists, you loving moron, and the President is giving them a loving platform and cheering them on. Stop going to bat to defend literal anti-Semites and Nazis you dipshit.

I'm not going to bat for Nazis, I'm begging the Democrats to offer a counter-narrative while the planet burns.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

MakaVillian posted:

Oh so every no Joe is from NYC or California? Can you 100% confirm this?

I'm not just talking about SA either

Good news, you'll soon be able to tell which of us NoJoe is a swing state voter and which isn't. The ones that are will have a snazzy golden NoJoe tag and the rest of us, including myself, will look upon them with the sickest of envy.

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

JT Jag posted:

Oh we're just posting qanon talking points in here now I guess

"Right wing ideologies are enabled by class disparities" is an sensible take as long as it isn't reductionize to be the only thing behind right wing politics.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

PerniciousKnid posted:

I'm not going to bat for Nazis, I'm begging the Democrats to offer a counter-narrative while the planet burns.

democrats: natural gas?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

TyrantWD posted:

Ahh yes, the famous “economic anxiety” argument being made by progressives, once again giving credence to horse shoe theory.

Gangs are the natural reaction to an unsafe environment. They're affiliation groups that provide security and fraternity for members of the gang when the rest of the world is hostile. Many turn to crime because there are few legitimate options available, and as a response to crackdowns from whatever authority exists. When you don't protect or care for your people they will take steps to take care of themselves.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so the outcome is still massive amounts of carbon pollution that kills the planet regardless of who we vote for! hooray!

listen: are you gonna vote for the guy who doesn't believe in science? or the guy that believes in science but deliberately ignores what the scientists say?

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

PerniciousKnid posted:

You are justifying the beliefs of literal Nazis by blaming the Democratic party. How about the counter-narrative of "Jews shouldn't be gassed" you loving idiot.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Less is better than more, but hey, if you want to be an accelerationist, have at it.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

So you admit that you were wrong when you said Biden claimed racism was over?

i think you have me confused with someone else. i didnt say that.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Nix Panicus posted:

Gangs are the natural reaction to an unsafe environment. They're affiliation groups that provide security and fraternity for members of the gang when the rest of the world is hostile. Many turn to crime because there are few legitimate options available, and as a response to crackdowns from whatever authority exists. When you don't protect or care for your people they will take steps to take care of themselves.

The Proud Boys are not a "gang", they a white nationalist Neo-Nazi terrorist group.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

trying to remember which candidate tonight condemned white supremacy and which one told the nazis to stand by for orders -- can anyone help me out?

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017

You are justifying the beliefs of literal Nazis by blaming the Democratic party. How about the counter-narrative of "Jews shouldn't be gassed" you loving idiot.

If this applies to people from South America too someone should go back in time and tell Joe Biden!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

TyrantWD posted:

Less is better than more, but hey, if you want to be an accelerationist, have at it.

and less is worse than zero which is what it needs to be at for the human species to survive

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Rockit posted:

"Right wing ideologies are enabled by class disparities and the church"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

The Proud Boys are not a "gang", they a white nationalist Neo-Nazi terrorist group.
Keep calling them a 'gang' though, they love being portrayed as tough-as-nails street fighters who are simply fighting to defend their own turf. It's the sort of message that drives recruiting.