Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

I'm doing auto ant at 300s. Seems like a reasonable balance between pumping multiplier and getting fragments.

Yeah, I still haven't bothered with changing it, I just set auto-R to the same thing because :effort:, given it's all linear now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've kind of stalled out right now trying to progress far enough to finish this Cost++ challenge, I have just about every achievement before that done (except for the last tier of the previous two reincarnation challenges), all the upgrades, but still need ~2k more mythos shards when trying the challenge. All I'm doing now is letting it run and auto-reincarnate so I can buy a few upgrades for my Particle buildings then inching forward that way.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

explosivo posted:

I've kind of stalled out right now trying to progress far enough to finish this Cost++ challenge, I have just about every achievement before that done (except for the last tier of the previous two reincarnation challenges), all the upgrades, but still need ~2k more mythos shards when trying the challenge. All I'm doing now is letting it run and auto-reincarnate so I can buy a few upgrades for my Particle buildings then inching forward that way.

The main thing you'll need is particles (e800 is about when people beat Cost++; it might be lower now with the new patch), and the main way to get them is rune levels (and you can heavily de-prioritize prism).

Cobalt60 posted:

Regarding Synergism: **pokes anthill with a stick** Is this anthill supposed to feel very slow and not seem to be additive in any way to other stats? Or am I doing anthill wrong? Only bought a few items so far, but I was hoping the anthill would close the gap between e800 particles and the next upgrade at e1600... but it ain't (said hard to sound like "ant")

Ants start out very slow, yes. They eventually become a faster source of offerings and obtainium than reincarnating, not to mention giving benefits of their own. But they do start slowly.

If you haven't already done so, make sure you respec your quark shop purchases into maxing out (or at least highly leveling) the one that increases ant speed.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

explosivo posted:

That's what I just did, and I think it's the only way. Push up your Thrift rune and just keep resetting every 20-30 minutes. Upgrade particle buildings every reset.

I think the recommended tier is lvl 450 rune and e620 particles to ace that challenge.

Having just done it, I'll note that anthill has NOT YET dramatically increased the speed of progress, though :(

Vil posted:

Ants start out very slow, yes. They eventually become a faster source of offerings and obtainium than reincarnating, not to mention giving benefits of their own. But they do start slowly.

If you haven't already done so, make sure you respec your quark shop purchases into maxing out (or at least highly leveling) the one that increases ant speed.

Thanks, I didn't even know you could respec the shop. I just bought 8 levels of the ant shop item, and things do seem faster now, already...

Cobalt60 fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 28, 2020

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Vil posted:

The main thing you'll need is particles (e800 is about when people beat Cost++; it might be lower now with the new patch), and the main way to get them is rune levels (and you can heavily de-prioritize prism).

Cool, thanks. Prism levels are still pretty low so that makes sense then. I'm just now doing ~e500 particles right now so I have a ways to go.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, I still haven't bothered with changing it, I just set auto-R to the same thing because :effort:, given it's all linear now.

It's linear, but sacrifice bonus compounds. The actual ideal reset time purely from an ant speed perspective is now 10 seconds. The exception is if you're on the cusp of a major breakpoint (e100 or e300), at which it's more beneficial to delay until you hit that breakpoint.

When you factor fragment growth into it, it's a little bit less clear since longer sacrifice runs give you higher ELO. I've been playing with 150 vs 300 seconds and I'm having good luck with 300 -- I just had my first <1 hour ascension.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Cobalt60 posted:

UUG still has a mega-hit, which you need to time your block against. Also, IIRC, this is the first time in the game where you should Adv. Training your Block to be very high, to make life easier.

Regarding Synergism: **pokes anthill with a stick** Is this anthill supposed to feel very slow and not seem to be additive in any way to other stats? Or am I doing anthill wrong? Only bought a few items so far, but I was hoping the anthill would close the gap between e800 particles and the next upgrade at e1600... but it ain't (said hard to sound like "ant")

ah dang, ive just been leaving adventure mode on idle mode for the entire time ive been playing. is it worth buying adventure mode stats with xp, or does it not get multiplied by equipment the same way power and energy stuff does?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
There's no longer any good reason to buy Adv. stats (used to be, before some of the gap-filling features were added).

Learn to time blocks, you'll need it for more bosses in the future. You can use your keyboard the whole time (mouse-clicking all the buttons is hard). To manual a fight you essentially:

1) pre-click parry and charge, then wait for both timers to reset
2) constantly click the right-most attack available, all the way down to repeating Normal attack a few times in a row.
3) Only heal / block when you need to - otherwise you're wasting time you could be attaching.
4) For enemies with charged attacks, look at the text at the bottom. It'll give a warning line like "... is charging up an attack." Wait a couple of seconds after seeing that message, then press block. If you survive the attack, you should be fine through the whole fight.
4b) For this type of enemy, DO NOT block other attacks. Your Block charge is ONLY for charged attacks. Otherwise, you might get caught during a cooldown.
5) If the charged attack still hurts a lot, ensure your Adv.T stat is boosted - go as high as you can to ensure you're safe.

^^ This is true for a handful of bosses, as well as sniping zones in the future, if you choose to.

... which reminds me, did Gordon Ramsay have a charged attack??

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
How do i edit the Synergism save?

I would like to edit in the quarks i missed out on the 2 (?) months i was at the progress cap but didnt want to leave the game running 24/7 to collect quarks.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

I would like to edit in the quarks i missed out on the 2 (?) months i was at the progress cap but didnt want to leave the game running 24/7 to collect quarks.

1. Google a base64 encoder/decoder website.
2. Open your save's text file, copy/paste and decode.
3. I believe quarks are called something like "worlds" and are at or near the beginning of the data. The number should match regardless. Edit it to what you feel is appropriate.
4. Have the website re-encode. Paste into a (different) text file.
5. Import into the game. If it explodes on you, you've still got your original save as backup.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Is there a general synergism guide? It all feels a little overwhelming

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Is there a general synergism guide? It all feels a little overwhelming

I used this back when I was starting, but I can’t speak to its validity anymore with the changes that have been made to the game since then. Does seem like it is in the process of being updated, though.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14jtOwOq2S0RrwETBLdmbNmT3UOPRsXUfHoeEm1pzpwI/edit

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Ineptitude posted:

Open the javascript console and type 'player.worlds = 100000000' or whatever

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

any similar console commands I can dump into Trimps, by chance?

E: I found a save editor. Both minor cheats really make the dead zones a lot more acceptable to me, thanks for the post

Cobalt60 fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Sep 29, 2020

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Heya folks! Thanks to 4G (something) posting in here, I played a ton of NGU. Thanks to playing a ton of NGU, I decided to make my own idle incremental game!

Well... it wasn't quite that simple. The longer story involves getting laid off, learning Unity for a year, then learning Unity for another year as I built a game. And now here I am, advertising my game I solo dev'd (with a little art help from a couple friends) to you! It's called IncrediMarble. You build marble slides piece by piece, let the marbles roll through them, earn money, build more, and upgrade it all.

It's free to play, it's gonna come out on iPhone/iPad October 8th and other platforms at a later date (I'll repost when that happens.) The store page is at http://www.bit.ly/marbleios where you can pre-order and the website (which is mostly useless aside from a really old web demo) is at http://www.incredimarble.com

It's... fairly simplistic as far as idle incremental gaming goes. It's more tycoon in nature since it's a pure earn->build->upgrade->earn loop and there isn't any prestige stuff (yet) but you do gain offline earnings like your usual idle game. I blitzed social media a bit so if you go to facebook/twitter/instagram/tumblr/pinterest (yes even pinterest) and just find the IncrediMarble account name, you'll see the silly stuff I'm writing over the next few weeks. It's the best I can do without an actual marketing budget.

Let me know what you think!

Also I haven't been to the thread in a while because any time I look at an idle game I get the craving to start it and... it's... a really unhealthy habit I had to break. That said I've been playing Pincremental on Steam and I want so badly to make a better version of that now. :ohdear:

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Sep 29, 2020

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Vil posted:

1. Google a base64 encoder/decoder website.
2. Open your save's text file, copy/paste and decode.
3. I believe quarks are called something like "worlds" and are at or near the beginning of the data. The number should match regardless. Edit it to what you feel is appropriate.
4. Have the website re-encode. Paste into a (different) text file.
5. Import into the game. If it explodes on you, you've still got your original save as backup.

Thanks! It looks like the javascript console method is faster, since i don't have a base64 encoder/decoder. (Im guessing this is for making the gibberish in the save .txt files readable?)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks! It looks like the javascript console method is faster, since i don't have a base64 encoder/decoder. (Im guessing this is for making the gibberish in the save .txt files readable?)

http://www.saveeditonline.com

In case you decide you want to do the other method.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

DaveKap posted:

Heya folks! Thanks to 4G (something) posting in here, I played a ton of NGU. Thanks to playing a ton of NGU, I decided to make my own idle incremental game!

Well... it wasn't quite that simple. The longer story involves getting laid off, learning Unity for a year, then learning Unity for another year as I built a game. And now here I am, advertising my game I solo dev'd (with a little art help from a couple friends) to you! It's called IncrediMarble. You build marble slides piece by piece, let the marbles roll through them, earn money, build more, and upgrade it all.

It's free to play, it's gonna come out on iPhone/iPad October 8th and other platforms at a later date (I'll repost when that happens.) The store page is at http://www.bit.ly/marbleios where you can pre-order and the website (which is mostly useless aside from a really old web demo) is at http://www.incredimarble.com

It's... fairly simplistic as far as idle incremental gaming goes. It's more tycoon in nature since it's a pure earn->build->upgrade->earn loop and there isn't any prestige stuff (yet) but you do gain offline earnings like your usual idle game. I blitzed social media a bit so if you go to facebook/twitter/instagram/tumblr/pinterest (yes even pinterest) and just find the IncrediMarble account name, you'll see the silly stuff I'm writing over the next few weeks. It's the best I can do without an actual marketing budget.

Also I haven't been to the thread in a while because any time I look at an idle game I get the craving to start it and... it's... a really unhealthy habit I had to break. That said I've been playing Pincremental on Steam and I want so badly to make a better version of that now. :ohdear:

Duuude, awesome! So glad to see this get a full-on release!

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
Synergism chat: I managed to brute force C11 (it took a LONG time, probably not optimal to do it when I did it) and that speeds things up a lot more and opened up corruptions as an option. I can ascend in about 5 minutes now for around 3k cubes.

I'm trying to push for the challenge and ascension automators now so I can full automate ascensions and really start racking up the cubes. :hellyeah:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
HEre's some interesting idles that popped up

Tree Game
https://yhvr.gitlab.io/tree-game/
Fairly short and linear despite appearances

Omega Layers
https://cook1ee.github.io/omega-layers/
Looks mostly like an AD clone

Edit: Prestige Tree is out with v1.2 and I'm stuck on the Gear challenges

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Sep 30, 2020

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

A good new feature with Prestige Tree is nodes being highlighted in red when you have an available upgrade

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I recommend staying off Omega Layers for now, it has no automation as far as I could see (got to the third layer) so it's a lot of holding M, clicking the button to gain beta currency, switching to beta layer to buy max there, going back to alpha, clicking the button to buy some, and repeating.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Indeed.

I got to the last layer (took 20 mins?), e20 production, nothing new opens up.

It looks incredibly similar to Antimatter Dimensions, as mentioned, but has no more content past the first screen you see when you first start the game (and upgrades for this screen)

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
You wanna see what the button does? There better not be any sunlight anywhere near your screen, rear end in a top hat!

E: gaining roughly 2e24 per prestige (and 1% of that per second) and the next upgrade costs 500e24. No thanks.
Also, having a choice tree you have to respec to find out what gives the biggest boost without it telling you the numbers is goddamn ridiculous.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Sep 30, 2020

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

uhh of course there isn't, i'm playing an idle incremental game

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

Edit: Prestige Tree is out with v1.2 and I'm stuck on the Gear challenges

Im at 1-3-1-1 on Gear Challenges now. Increasing the other ones to 3 is really far away. Also Hindrance14 seems very far away. Im not seeing any obvious progress now, beyond waiting for a long rear end time, which would be weird for the game to expect since there has been very little waiting so far.
The next Machine requires 18 bricks, i have 16 and the 17th is hours of idling away.
The next Master Brick requires 61 Phantom, i have 58.

I suppose i need to spam Gears for a while to boost the bonuses from gear challenges. I get ~50 after a few seconds and it seems to cap at 53.

Edit: To complete hindrance 14, respec hyperspace and max the first building :doh:

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Sep 30, 2020

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

DaveKap posted:

Oh neat! I remember seeing you share in-progress clips of this somewhere (no idea where, you're somehow literally every single other place I hang out online lol) but I had no idea it was an idle-ish game. Definitely trying it out if my old-rear end phone can actually run it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ineptitude posted:

Im at 1-3-1-1 on Gear Challenges now. Increasing the other ones to 3 is really far away. Also Hindrance14 seems very far away. Im not seeing any obvious progress now, beyond waiting for a long rear end time, which would be weird for the game to expect since there has been very little waiting so far.
The next Machine requires 18 bricks, i have 16 and the 17th is hours of idling away.
The next Master Brick requires 61 Phantom, i have 58.

I suppose i need to spam Gears for a while to boost the bonuses from gear challenges. I get ~50 after a few seconds and it seems to cap at 53.

Edit: To complete hindrance 14, respec hyperspace and max the first building :doh:

Took me a bit to start making headway, but I eventually did it. I'd say it still fairly rough. Especially the last little trek from 1e1e10 to 1e1e11

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Synergism chat: I managed to brute force C11 (it took a LONG time, probably not optimal to do it when I did it) and that speeds things up a lot more and opened up corruptions as an option. I can ascend in about 5 minutes now for around 3k cubes.

I'm trying to push for the challenge and ascension automators now so I can full automate ascensions and really start racking up the cubes. :hellyeah:

Yeah, I brute forced it with an overnight run and now I'm in the same boat. Working towards the suggested requirements for c11x2 now!

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, I brute forced it with an overnight run and now I'm in the same boat. Working towards the suggested requirements for c11x2 now!

I'm getting about 165 cubes/second now with two corruptions active (challenge requirements, offering gain). Going to give it a few hours and fill out low-hanging fruit cube upgrades and hopefully get a T4 ascension building soon.

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

The Man is a harsh mistress.

Kyrosiris posted:

A little trick at this point in the game (before autochallenge/autoascend): you can do your afk runs inside C11 and get a extra 2x time multiplier from all the free Mortuus Est ants to speed up your tesseract buildings.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Dang, I thought I was doing pretty well just because I had managed to ascend four times so far for like 2500 cubes each.

I guess I’m missing something really obvious.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Pigbuster posted:

Oh neat! I remember seeing you share in-progress clips of this somewhere (no idea where, you're somehow literally every single other place I hang out online lol) but I had no idea it was an idle-ish game. Definitely trying it out if my old-rear end phone can actually run it.
My test device is an iPhone 6S so unless you've got something worse, you should be just fine.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Aerox posted:

Dang, I thought I was doing pretty well just because I had managed to ascend four times so far for like 2500 cubes each.

I guess I’m missing something really obvious.

Nah, your first few are pretty like that. They're like 8 hours to a day long, etc.

poo poo really gets wild when you max w2x2. That increase to building power is completely bonkers pre-ants and really turbo-charges the beginning of things.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Is there a recommended order of cube researches anywhere? I’ve almost filled out the first row except for the one on the far right but it sounds like cheapest to most expensive is probably not the way to go.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kyrosiris posted:

poo poo really gets wild when you max w2x2.

Is this something that will eventually make sense to me? I've been seeing some shorthand for stuff in the game I don't fully understand.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

explosivo posted:

Is this something that will eventually make sense to me? I've been seeing some shorthand for stuff in the game I don't fully understand.

Row x Column notation

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

explosivo posted:

Once you get into Ascension, you unlock a whole new tab of upgrades called Wow! Upgrades.

To keep the shorthand from being confusing compared to research, which uses a similar AxB notation (row x column), people started appending w for Wow! upgrades and r for researches, similar to c for challenges.

Thus, w2x2 is second row/second column of wow upgrades, r6x25 is sixth row, 25th column of research, and c11x2 is your second completion of Challenge 11.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Okay thanks, a combination of me not being there yet also not understanding the shorthand. Appreciate it :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

FYI: Don't be dumb like me and remember to cleanse your Corruptions before you attempt to run the Ascension Challenges.