Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

let's take a look at those trends again a few hours later

there's something worth tracking here, but again, let's see how it looks in a week or two. see what pops up and see how that dovetails along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Trump did everything he needed to do tonight:

(*)Start fights with the media to prove he's a maverick.
(*)Never get actually mad at any insult Biden throws at him and have something to throw back.
(*)Bring up every explosive story he could.

Biden needed to do a lot. What he did do was not poo poo himself on stage and not lose his temper except in a strategic way. But we don't have a great formula to beat Trump because he hasn't been beaten yet. Weirdly enough, Biden kinda pioneered what might work when he went full-on derisive against Paul Ryan, but that required a lot more than just calling the dude a clown, it required a lot of body language, a lot of reaction, a lot of engagement. Biden didn't look engaged enough tonight. He didn't look healthy, he didn't look strong, and he never had a true bon mot other than the ones the media will try to manufacture over the occasional swing he took.

Trump won. He didn't need to look good, he just needed to make Biden look bad. Biden needed to look good. He didn't. So he lost.

Will it matter? gently caress if I know. But in terms of expectations, Trump met his with ruthless precision and Biden did not.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
after tonight's debate, its clear, im voting for biden!

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
My rear end is forceful and confident thank you GOOD NIGHT.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
So here's the deal: I've been out of the house all evening and didn't see any of the debate. I just sat down but have to make a quesadilla real quick, too.

Gotta find out what happened. I bet it sucked.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Pyre-rrhea

(I like to spell it with an ‘o’ cuz it looks funnier. “Pyre-rrhoea”.)

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

I. M. Gei posted:

don’t have a stupid rear end ugly rear end “retro” 50’s sci-fi/fantasy trash-book avatar for olds and brokens.

lmfao i didnt even set this myself. still don't vote for joe biden, nerd

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

after tonight's debate, its clear, im voting for biden!

You’re voting for the guy backed by Bush’s flunkies?

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

GrimGypsy posted:

"look I often say I don't like trump's policies in a vague way, but I do approve of everything he does and says and see nothing wrong with anything and he definitely won tonight lol eat it libs. anyway I'm a leftist."

bless this mess

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

19 o'clock posted:

So here's the deal: I've been out of the house all evening and didn't see any of the debate. I just sat down but have to make a quesadilla real quick, too.

Gotta find out what happened. I bet it sucked.
i went to the hardware store to buy a leaf blower and i washed my car

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Radirot posted:

the lack of a reaction from wallace and biden was concerning. just a bit.

i liked how wallace didnt think the proud boys shoutout warranted a follow up but anytime trump and biden started really getting into it on a topic that wasnt the designated topic wallace had arbitrarily chosen for that fifteen minute chunk of the debate he would butt in and annoy the poo poo out of everybody by telling them to answer his dumb bullshit questions instead of debating

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

drat id been thinking about how everybody said hillary won the first debate too but i didnt realize it was literally the exact same numbers

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Some Guy TT posted:

drat id been thinking about how everybody said hillary won the first debate too but i didnt realize it was literally the exact same numbers

No, it’s marginally worse for Biden. Lost two points because he doesn’t have feminist appeal.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

MadJackal posted:

Trump didn't even win the Strong Leader question.

yeah either this poll is bullshit or strong leader has become yet another one of those phrases that has lost all actual meaning

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

MadJackal posted:

Trump didn't even win the Strong Leader question.

luv 2 have my fate decided by the stupidest motherfuckers in ohio

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
is the the next one featuring pence and harris?

looking it up appears to be October 7. ugh not a good day for me.

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 07:10 on Sep 30, 2020

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

TO BE CLEAR that was not an endorsement for biden. I will not vote biden and u shouldn’t either

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Radirot posted:

in the the next one featuring pence and harris?
Pence can debate Harris? I thought his religion meant that he couldn't since she's not his wife.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Radirot posted:

is the the next one featuring pence and harris?

looking it up appears to be October 7. ugh not a good day for me.

remember mike pence and tim kaine in the membrane? how much more of a boorish slog is this one going to be?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/townhallcom/status/1311132450697945088

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Now we just have to look forward to him denouncing the biden plan I guess.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

GrimGypsy posted:

"look I often say I don't like trump's policies in a vague way, but I do approve of everything he does and says and see nothing wrong with anything and he definitely won tonight lol eat it libs. anyway I'm a leftist."

shut up, moron

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

GrimGypsy posted:

This screed fits Nancy Pelosi more than leftists, lol

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i went to the hardware store to buy a leaf blower and i washed my car

leaf blower is a great tool to clear tear gas.

SOROS super soldier spotted.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
The biggest mask I've ever seen

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Everyday I am more validated in my realization that career chasing doesn’t matter and focusing on just writing and making lovely fiction stories while I can before everything falls apart was the right move. Like you can’t watch this debate and think “Yeah in two years shits gonna be stable”. gently caress it let me write and die penniless in the streets while drunk and high like the authors of old.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Plastic Pal posted:

This screed fits Nancy Pelosi more than leftists, lol

Yeah, all we want is for the Democrats to crumble so an actual progressive party can take their place.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

and thats the guy that won the debate?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

speak for yourself, I just want the Amerikkkan empire to crumble so the workers of the world have a chance

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Can't speak for the rest of you folks, but I feel like I got exactly what I wanted from this debate

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Mr. Lobe posted:

Can't speak for the rest of you folks, but I feel like I got exactly what I wanted from this debate

:same:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

CODChimera posted:

and thats the guy that won the debate?

:decorum: is all that matters in succland

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Everyday I am more validated in my realization that career chasing doesn’t matter and focusing on just writing and making lovely fiction stories while I can before everything falls apart was the right move. Like you can’t watch this debate and think “Yeah in two years shits gonna be stable”. gently caress it let me write and die penniless in the streets while drunk and high like the authors of old.

I'm doing the exact same thing right now. It's a goodness, comrade.

19 o'clock has issued a correction as of 07:58 on Sep 30, 2020

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

19 o'clock posted:

leaf blower is a great tool to clear tear gas.

SOROS super soldier spotted.
i tuned into the debate for a few minutes while in the car. it was amazing... like it has a different effect if you're not watching but pretending you're a foreign spy listening in on another government's communications. and i was like "man, these guys have had it." it's like fall of the soviet union level bickering as it all goes down

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
anyways these folks seem like they're on the up and up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZHvMztjRw

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

anyways these folks seem like they're on the up and up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZHvMztjRw

gently caress yes

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Lpzie posted:

i was watching hasan, was the chapo stream any good?

after years and millions of dollars they still haven't figured out how to record a stream that isn't an incoherent mess

also matt didnt get trashed :(

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Durf posted:

after years and millions of dollars they still haven't figured out how to record a stream that isn't an incoherent mess

so a perfectly appropriate tenor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

highlights were def Trump implying that

- Biden's pandemic response was worse than his own
- Biden's college grades was worse than his own
- Biden's son's military service was worse than his own (whilst also calling him a cokehead)

and escaping unscathed in each case