Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Tekopo posted:

What about Combo Fighter :v:

what about combo fighter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Ugh, sucks I bought the AEG version.
Aw well, probably still gonna back the all-in of the new KS.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Gutter Owl posted:

what about combo fighter
It's the first step up the staircase, GO

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

JazzFlight posted:

Ugh, sucks I bought the AEG version.
Aw well, probably still gonna back the all-in of the new KS.

thank you for being the ritual sacrifice this time

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

This looks fun, but I'm not sure how happy I am with it being one of the new kickstarters that's essentially delaying Seventh Cross. I'm worried about that game.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Thirsty Dog posted:

This looks fun, but I'm not sure how happy I am with it being one of the new kickstarters that's essentially delaying Seventh Cross. I'm worried about that game.

Localization is much less work than creating a game from nothing.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

djfooboo posted:

Localization is much less work than creating a game from nothing.

It doesn't even involve the same people.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

It doesn't even involve the same people.

Hmm no Brad has pretty explicitly said that Seventh Cross needs proper focused work and said that wouldn't happen until after the new kickstarters, of which this is one.

I just really would like to get SC before 2022 :(

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
As usual, I'd rather get the best possible version of Seventh Cross when I get it than shoot for a specific time. And frankly, I'm already dropping a few hundred bucks this October between Return to Planet Apocalypse and 7th Citadel. I wouldn't mind waiting a bit before I drop some cash on Seventh Cross.

Not that there's ever any guaranteed dry spell, honestly.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo

Thirsty Dog posted:

Hmm no Brad has pretty explicitly said that Seventh Cross needs proper focused work and said that wouldn't happen until after the new kickstarters, of which this is one.

I just really would like to get SC before 2022 :(

Seventh Cross is nowhere near ready and while I take no pleasure in shattering your dream...I would not expect that to come to pass.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

I got my Battlecon stuff in!

That's a big box.

EDIT: I already owned War and Fate, and I have an old copy of Trials on the way to upgrade with the KS stuff, so my collection is pretty much complete.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Tsilkani posted:

I got my Battlecon stuff in!
That's a big box.

A Gloomhaven worth of box, even.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

So, how compatible are the small box expansions (Strikers, Armory, Extended) with 4th edition rules? I'm thinking of grabbing Extended anyways for the two characters, but I don't know if any of the other stuff is useful.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

As far as I can remember, a lot of that stuf just doesn'[t work anymore with the new rules, but I haven't tried it to convert them myself.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Any of the old alt costumes that come with a new UA that trigger off an old UA are gonna be completely dependent on how much a character was changed. Strikers and armory can work if you squint at it funny, but all of the card templating isn't gonna line up any more.

Not much is completely 100% broken, but it'll just be a bit fiddly to make work.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 11, 2020

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Goddamn I must admit that Demitras is starting to become one of my favourite characters in BattleCON, along with Wardlaw. The new and improved speedy boi can do some work.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
man i remember drafting up preliminary plans to host a big battlecon tournament when my ultimate box arrived. how bittersweet this moment is

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I swear to god I'm not trying to overshare on main here--but one of the things I was looking forward to was the streamlined wording and whatnot to help get my wife more into battlecon...well....covid-times saw the end of that relationship. So I've got this giant-rear end box coming with nobody to play it with.

Thank god for TTS, but I guess I coulda just saved the pledge

DonnyTrump
Apr 24, 2010

jivjov posted:

I swear to god I'm not trying to overshare on main here--but one of the things I was looking forward to was the streamlined wording and whatnot to help get my wife more into battlecon...well....covid-times saw the end of that relationship. So I've got this giant-rear end box coming with nobody to play it with.

Thank god for TTS, but I guess I coulda just saved the pledge

That sucks dude, I知 sorry to hear that. Not fun to think about but I知 sure you could sell all the cardboard if you feel like it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

DonnyTrump posted:

That sucks dude, I知 sorry to hear that. Not fun to think about but I知 sure you could sell all the cardboard if you feel like it.

Eventually covid will be contained or a vaccine will be developed and I can take Unleashed to my FLGS or invite friends over again. In the long term the purchase isn't wasted.

This kickstarter campaign in particular is just hitting hard just due to HOW MUCH in my life changed since I backed it, and battlecon being a game that she and I were trying to learn together just stings a bit. I didn't want to become too good at it and just utterly wipe the floor with her, cause that was the quickest way to make sure she'd never play a game with me ever again haha

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

I'm done!

Well, not done. I'm waiting on an old copy of Trials to arrive for the boxes and bits, and technically I need a copy of Extended for the Borneo and Juto standees, but other than that, everything is taken care of. The loose cards second from the right are all the Trials stuff, while the ones on the far right are all extra and alternative bases. The top row is all Novice fighters, the middle Intermediate, and the bottom Advanced.

I need to figure out something better to do with all the chits, but I'm waiting until I get everything boxed to see what kind of space I have to work with. By my calculations, once I have Trials and pick up the 4 individual fighters I'm missing, I will fill everything but the far right column, with one tuckbox left over, so things are going to be a bit cramped. Still, now I will never need another two-player fighting game in my life ever again!

Although I am missing some of the Exceed seasons... :thunk:

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
When should we start to get concerned about not getting our Battlecon boxes?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I was worried but apparently EU distribution is happening later on.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

LeSquide posted:

With three thousand or so to ship out, id give it til the end of the month before getting too concerned about any one in particular

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I am pretty sure I have evvverything released besides the 1-offs. I知 screwed big box or not.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Also, some of the tiers are being held up by work on the lore book, I think? I had a straight New Game Plus order, so that might have been less work to prep and ship?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
The lore book is being finished and shipped separately, as to not hold up fulfillment

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

LeSquide posted:

When the KS gets an update saying shipping is over, and not before.

Right now only US shipping has started, and only pledges without sleeves. Pledges with sleeves are shipping at the end of the process, and EU fulfilment hasn't actually started yet.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
I didn't know that the sleeve shipping was at the end of the batch! I'll cool my jets for now; thanks!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's info that's only been shared on the L99 Discord so far, so you weren't supposed to know. :v:

But in general, fulfilment has only just started, so no reason to panic.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

DID SOMEONE SAY PANIC?!

:derp:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The sleeves deal was too good to pass up. I'll be splitting a set with a friend since we figured we don't need all the sleeves, but our components were placed in the same order since I only wanted the big box.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm curious why Sleeves in particular ended up being the add-on causing issues

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

jivjov posted:

I'm curious why Sleeves in particular ended up being the add-on causing issues

They don't come from the same factory as the games, at a guess.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Oh that tracks, if they're still literally just waiting on the sleeves to arrive.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
And now to panic because I forgot if I ever made sure it's being sent to my current address. I've lived here for over a year now, so I almost certainly did, but...

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Idk where people are situated, but it any of you thirsty for battlecon games after Covid dies down lives in the Chicago area, I壇 happily play with you.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

jivjov posted:

Eventually covid will be contained or a vaccine will be developed and I can take Unleashed to my FLGS or invite friends over again. In the long term the purchase isn't wasted.

This kickstarter campaign in particular is just hitting hard just due to HOW MUCH in my life changed since I backed it, and battlecon being a game that she and I were trying to learn together just stings a bit. I didn't want to become too good at it and just utterly wipe the floor with her, cause that was the quickest way to make sure she'd never play a game with me ever again haha
Well there is always that solo Quest mode they include in Devastation.
Also, someone was messing around with some basic ideas for an opponent AI on BGG:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1120794/solo-rules-i-opponent
It's not great, but something to practice against, I guess?

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

PMush Perfect posted:

And now to panic because I forgot if I ever made sure it's being sent to my current address. I've lived here for over a year now, so I almost certainly did, but...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrgh is there a place this can be checked because now I'm terrified that I didn't change mine either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The L99 pledge manager will have whatever address you locked in: https://level99.pledgemanager.com/projects/battlecon-unleashed-the-ultimate-battlecon-edition/summary/

If you asked their support to change your address, this won't be reflected there.