Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

FilthyImp posted:

The Avengers suit is such an enormous step down from the WW2 suit that I almost preferred him in the dumb USO Tour getup.
If it's any consolation, the guy who made that suit is dead :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SardonicTyrant posted:

If it's any consolation, the guy who made that suit is dead :v:

Sometimes the client's demands prevent an artist from showing their best work, Avengers and the 2014 Godzilla have the same cinematographer.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Would've loved an avengers movie where you only see them for 50 seconds out of a 2hr run time

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, Cap is my honest go to for the most fun to play. Nat is pretty good but she's so glass cannon that I just can't really enjoy her.

Some of her upgrades and unlocks seem real nice for alleviating that. The one that turns the Widow’s Bite into a super-punch seems fun.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

Would've loved an avengers movie where you only see them for 50 seconds out of a 2hr run time

That has absolutely nothing to do with the cinematographer.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FilthyImp posted:

Traditional Cap with the scale armor and bright blue colors and winged helmet was a tough sell. The Avengers suit is such an enormous step down from the WW2 suit that I almost preferred him in the dumb USO Tour getup.

For a movie, I agree. Before the pieces started coming together for the film I was only cautiously excited because even the character's name was something I thought could be laughed at or be a lightning rod for criticism.

But not for a game when the action can be a lot more inventive and exaggerated or when any costume can work. Before they did their research, sure, on paper he seems lame and limited but surely they would have remembered him in Capcom's Marvel fighting games at least.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I’ve unlocked a few Cap costumes in the new game and while they’re cool (Winter Soldier style suit and First Avenger style suit) it’s an extreme bummer there’s not a 616 suit.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Skwirl posted:

Sometimes the client's demands prevent an artist from showing their best work, Avengers and the 2014 Godzilla have the same cinematographer.
No no, I meant that Coulson was the one who made the suit in-universe, and then he dies in Avengers (and then again in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. this time for good)

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
stupid game gave me a name plate for Widow with loving greg land art instead of awesome phil noto art

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So now that more people are playing it, is the Avengers game worth getting?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Retro Futurist posted:

So now that more people are playing it, is the Avengers game worth getting?

Most people seem to dig the single player campaign and wish there was more of that, but everything else folks seem meh on.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like it a lot. Even the endgame content, because it doesn't feel empty and still has voice acting and is telling a story.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
It's a fine, average game. It's not going to get people gushing about like GoT, but the campaign is fun, the characters all feel distinct from each other and if you like superheroes and action games, you'll probably enjoy it. I wish you felt a bit more powerful at the begining of the game, because once you start unlocking more skills and have higher level gear refreshing your abilities, things get A LOT more fun. Right now, my Black Widow is rapid firing gamma bullets that stun the poo poo out everything in range, allowing her to grapple in and do a takedown move for massive damage that also heals her.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

I like it a lot. Even the endgame content, because it doesn't feel empty and still has voice acting and is telling a story.

Yeah, this is where I'm at.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is the deluxe edition seriously just $25 more for a set of black costumes and nameplates?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I think so now that early access and pre-orders have ended, don't waste your money.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pre-release it was the CAD$80 base game then $10 more for early access, then $15 more for the costumes.

That middle edition disappeared on release though since it had no extra content.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I think the middle version has some in-game currency, because it's still available in Australia.

I don't know, game versions give me a headache.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh, yeah looks like it came with 1k.

It's just not on Steam.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Weird bit of news is that in the remastered version of Spider-Man that they're putting out for PS5 they've completely changed Peter's face. You can see the new face in the latest trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i5tTKSbePI
Here's their reasoning:
https://twitter.com/bryanintihar/status/1311380880389099521

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/YuriLowenthal/status/1311367671129075712

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This seems like something that should have come up 3-4 years ago when they were originally making it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

muscles like this! posted:

This seems like something that should have come up 3-4 years ago when they were originally making it.

Might have been something they tolerated for PS4 but for the PS5, including the remaster and Miles' game and inevitably the Spider-Man 2 sequel, they made the change. We haven't seen Peter in Miles' game yet, only heard his voice, and this news update is likely a way to get people prepared for him to look different in that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lobok posted:

Might have been something they tolerated for PS4 but for the PS5, including the remaster and Miles' game and inevitably the Spider-Man 2 sequel, they made the change. We haven't seen Peter in Miles' game yet, only heard his voice, and this news update is likely a way to get people prepared for him to look different in that.

Yeah. The 'it needs to be a next-gen performance' is telling.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Good thing I didn’t buy the 1/6 head sculpt of game Peter I guess.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Peter and Mary Jane both looked like they were about to store nuts for the winter in the original.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah Peter's face looked like poo poo so I'm glad they are changing it.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

He looks SO much younger now and kind of a bit like Tom Holland

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
gently caress all this

When do we get Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 2 or something even close?

I loved the 1st one so much and need the stress relief it offered. I want to smash, god dammit.

I really dug how I could just gently caress around with it for 30-45 minutes after work without having to invest a ton of time dealing with a campaign and just gently caress poo poo up, somewhat similar to what the Arkham series offered with the combat challenge levels. And, man, even just a remake of the original H:UD with modern graphics and a somewhat more fleshed out world would suit me fine. loving thing came out 15 years ago before the MCU and Avengers were even a thing so it seems like a remake would sell :shrug:

Still not sure how they managed to gently caress up the sequel (TIH) so bad either. They stripped out most everything that made the original so much fun.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

BiggerBoat posted:

*snip*

Still not sure how they managed to gently caress up the sequel (TIH) so bad either. They stripped out most everything that made the original so much fun.

Very simple.

You take the first game, and add deadlines and subtract budget, while telling them they have to tie it into a movie and can't just reuse assets.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

gently caress all this

When do we get Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 2 or something even close?

I loved the 1st one so much and need the stress relief it offered. I want to smash, god dammit.

I really dug how I could just gently caress around with it for 30-45 minutes after work without having to invest a ton of time dealing with a campaign and just gently caress poo poo up, somewhat similar to what the Arkham series offered with the combat challenge levels. And, man, even just a remake of the original H:UD with modern graphics and a somewhat more fleshed out world would suit me fine. loving thing came out 15 years ago before the MCU and Avengers were even a thing so it seems like a remake would sell :shrug:

Different companies. The people who made H:UD went on to make Prototype. Then Prototype 2 bombed and they got massive layoffs and now all they do it help make Destiny content.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Different companies. The people who made H:UD went on to make Prototype. Then Prototype 2 bombed and they got massive layoffs and now all they do it help make Destiny content.

That dude in prototype 2 loving hated computers and that's the only thing I remember from that game despite playing it all when it came out, and that should tell you everything you need to know about it. I want to live in the world they got to do Hulk 2 instead.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I hate this new face, it's like Mark Zuckerberg was Tom Holland's dad. The original look had a Peter Parker vibe, this one really doesn't. Among other things he's distractingly pale.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Turn on your monitor

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The first face was just teenage Nathan Drake.

...Is Tom Holland still attached to the movie?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

I hate this new face, it's like Mark Zuckerberg was Tom Holland's dad. The original look had a Peter Parker vibe, this one really doesn't. Among other things he's distractingly pale.

In what loving universe does Peter Parker have a tan? If he's not in his apartment or a science lab he's wearing a full face mask.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

The first face was just teenage Nathan Drake.

...Is Tom Holland still attached to the movie?

Yeah

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The first face looked kinda like the animated series Peter just enough to bother me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Peter Parker is a dude who

A) Wears a full face mask most of the time
B) Works in an office when he does work
C) Spends the rest of his time indoors.

That is a dude who is going to be pasty white as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

In what loving universe does Peter Parker have a tan? If he's not in his apartment or a science lab he's wearing a full face mask.

I don't want him to look like he's been to the beach for 2 weeks you nutjob I just think he looks paler than any version of Peter Parker I've ever seen.

E: Wait was the MTV Spider-man show full of super pale people or am I thinking of a different CG show?

Waffleman_ posted:

Turn on your monitor

Someday I'm gonna be able to post an opinion about media on this forum without someone being a bitch about it.