Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

amigolupus posted:

Also, Chorps saying he spent the entire time playing Kingdom Hearts 2 and didn't learn a drat thing made me think of this:

its obvious that chorps has been blatantly disrespecting the game of kh2 and its clear that he should resign. i WILL be making a qcs thread about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

FutureFriend posted:

its obvious that chorps has been blatantly disrespecting the game of kh2 and its clear that he should resign. i WILL be making a qcs thread about this

Chorps knew

Too soon?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FutureFriend posted:

Dear Jeffrey,

Make me a mod again and I promise I will perma both Chorps and FutureFriend and then step down again.

Yours,
Crow

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

always knew the mods had a plan to get me. thats okay tho, i will accept my fate.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Not gonna lie, the idea of Jack Sparrow kicking open a door and demanding someone tell him where the hennesy is really put a smile on my face. Wonderful work on the LP as usual.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Not gonna lie, the idea of Jack Sparrow kicking open a door and demanding someone tell him where the hennesy is really put a smile on my face.

Or as Jack himself calls it, Tuesday.

Probably Johnny Depp as well for that matter.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
It's a shame that purchases made on this forum go to a woman abuser cause that skeleton jack would be great avatar material.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I'm disappointed that the heartless monster didn't turn into a skeleton when it took the gold.

Can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 3 where the big enemy is Jack Sparrow gunning for Sora with his bunch of 18th century psychos.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My uncle works at Square Enix and he says the bad guy of 3 is gonna be the Great Mouse Detective.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The boss fight involves 882 coins because that's how many were in the chest in the movie :eng101:

Waffleman_ posted:

My uncle works at Square Enix and he says the bad guy of 3 is gonna be the Great Mouse Detective.

God, don't play with my heart like that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

TwoPair posted:

I'm disappointed that the heartless monster didn't turn into a skeleton when it took the gold.

But it did? It was Luxord and the Gamblers that didn't.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Leal posted:

It's a shame that purchases made on this forum go to a woman abuser cause that skeleton jack would be great avatar material.

dw gamer, there's a qcs thread where ya can donate to RAINN (or ur country's version of it) and get upgrades https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3934042

TwoPair posted:

Can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 3 where the big enemy is Jack Sparrow gunning for Sora with his bunch of 18th century psychos.

bad news folks, beloved protagonist sora keyblade has been slain by black caesar's dastardly trick; the grand piano. lets all have a solemn update in his memory, amen.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, what a twist. I never would've expected Lexaeus to be the one behind the Underworld tournament. Solid boss fight, though I do wish that you were able to steal his power level for more than just a single hit.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Hades owns and its a shame he can't be a party member

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I love Lexaeus' sword-hammer-axe thing, it reminds me of something out of Monster Hunter.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I thought you guys were kidding about that FF novel but then I looked it up and man, what a trip. I love this part of the synopsis from the FF wiki

quote:

The novel in general is vague and leaves a lot up to the reader, as opposed to explaining why everything is the way it is

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

putting in a short little cup update with madi. bigger update will be out sunday-monday

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

"Fight these enemies in the dark" is kind of a weird handicap to put in a game where during normal combat the entire screen is saturated with special effects to the point where you're basically blinded and all the moves autotarget the nearest enemy unless you're deliberately turning away from them.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm catching up to this thread and I'm up to the Beast's Castle re-viist.

I really dig the way that each Organisation XIII boss has a Nobody type that uses their weapon.

Also, gently caress Xaldin.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FutureFriend posted:

putting in a short little cup update with madi. bigger update will be out sunday-monday

Hot drat, a mini-update forshadowing a second larger update in the future?

What the heck, is this automatically-scheduled or something?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm catching up to this thread and I'm up to the Beast's Castle re-viist.

I really dig the way that each Organisation XIII boss has a Nobody type that uses their weapon.

Also, gently caress Xaldin.

Xaldin is the fight where another LP I watched managed 4 Mickey saves in a single attempt.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Xaldin is the "did you learn how to use Guard?" boss. He's super easy if you Guard his attacks. If you try to Dodge Roll him like everything else he'll end you though.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I was a child who did not understand how to Guard decently. Also I played on Proud mode because even back then I had a case of video game difficulty hubris.

Xaldin was a monster to me. A really good boss fight, but rough as hell. Honestly pretty much any time I went up against an Org XIII member, I was in for receiving a beatdown.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Found Xaldin to be the hardest boss in the game. Demyx was 2nd.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
It was nice of them to give you unlimited Drive meter for that Cup. Drive Forms are fun.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Hot drat, a mini-update forshadowing a second larger update in the future?

What the heck, is this automatically-scheduled or something?

lol i wish, dont think i got this done until this morning. but the promise had been made and i will never let my fellow gamers down.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FutureFriend posted:

lol i wish, dont think i got this done until this morning. but the promise had been made and i will never let my fellow gamers down.

Well, you got it in before the deadline but, drat, gently caress, I was at work and couldn't watch it until now!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

But Simpsons IS Disney now!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

FutureFriend posted:

What kind of fake-rear end Dutch guy would bow down to a bunch of sea-dwellers? A real Dutchman would polder the gently caress out of their undersea city and then not really know what to do with the land so let's just put some wind farms and extremely boring highways on there!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Now that someone who isn't a wife beater owns the forums I'm gonna use that Jafar laugh as an avatar for one of my many posting enemies

Whats the max size for avatars again

Leal fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Oct 10, 2020

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Geemer posted:

What kind of fake-rear end Dutch guy would bow down to a bunch of sea-dwellers? A real Dutchman would polder the gently caress out of their undersea city and then not really know what to do with the land so let's just put some wind farms and extremely boring highways on there!

the realest dutchman; ill do it for money.

Leal posted:

Now that someone who isn't a wife beater owns the forums I'm gonna use that Jafar laugh as an avatar for one of my many posting enemies

Whats the max size for avatars again

180x180 and i think a 150 kb max at this point? defs gonna be destroying my enemies (chorps) with it when the store is back up

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

yeah ok fair enough

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

FutureFriend posted:

:toxx:: If I haven't finished the main story of this game by the end of march 2021, i will buy a keyblade and take a video of me swinging it around.

Just thinking about this for no particular reason :v:

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Just thinking about this for no particular reason :v:

lol yeah, sorry. ill have a new update out tomorrow, and the one after that we’re gonna try and commentate this weekend, so that shouldnt take as long as this gap.

and if not.... i guess ill have to buy some sweet hanzo.....

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That toxx really hits different in a Coronavirus world.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

That toxx really hits different in a Coronavirus world.

as soon as ive beaten the final boss in this game, all the eggheads of the world look at it and realize that the world might be beautiful enough for a vaccine

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 26, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This is Thanksgiving
This is Thanksgiving

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I thought Santa Claus didn't live in Finland so much as he is trapped there. More so than other Finnish people.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Man I know none of the keyblades are particularly great looking but that one has to be the ugliest to date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Man I know none of the keyblades are particularly great looking but that one has to be the ugliest to date.

Iirc the best one comes at the end of the game, followed by one from the sequel eventually. I saw pictures of it in egm so