Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Phlegmish posted:

Thanks for all the advice. I'm calling it a night after nearly dying against NPCs literally called 'Mordus Rookie'.

I just quickly sent off the e-mail to newbies@etc. saying that I want to join. No rush, I can dick around some more in the meantime.

OP, train corms. Just saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Phlegmish posted:

Thanks for all the advice. I'm calling it a night after nearly dying against NPCs literally called 'Mordus Rookie'.

I just quickly sent off the e-mail to newbies@etc. saying that I want to join. No rush, I can dick around some more in the meantime.

pm me your character name. I'll give you some money to get you started regardless of where you end up in the end. Just keep in mind that when you do missions in highsec, your first few days will not be rewarding. Lack of sp often means you can't kill stuff fast enough and end up with a repair bill. That will change shortly.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Don't do missions in high sec while in Goonwaffe. Or anything. You'll get murdered.

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

Highsec protections don't protect you against the 50 war decs we have at any one time that allow people to shoot you with impunity.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I wish god speed to the EU and Aussie goons who are going to make this timer. My rear end is going to bed.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Dalael posted:

pm me your character name. I'll give you some money to get you started regardless of where you end up in the end. Just keep in mind that when you do missions in highsec, your first few days will not be rewarding. Lack of sp often means you can't kill stuff fast enough and end up with a repair bill. That will change shortly.

Same here, PM me your character name and I'll hook you up with some cash.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Saul Kain posted:

OP, train corms. Just saying.

Be nice to the newbee.
Corms are Cormorants, a Caldari destroyer that uses railguns.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

orange juche posted:

Touching the poop in the mod forum iospace?

You know it

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Me and u are gonna kill some bads tonight, comrade

We just deleted a corm fleet that flew through :)

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
don't train projectile weapons because no one in goons really uses them except sabres I say looking at my fully trained up projectile skills

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Stereotype posted:

don't train projectile weapons because no one in goons really uses them except sabres I say looking at my fully trained up projectile skills

There’s a Muninn doctrine
Thrashers
Elite pvp craft
Sabres
Anti support svipuls
Windrunners

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Oh maneck all my guys are in ISRAD but I still show as goonfleet in the forums and I have a gewns ticker on comms

What do I do

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Ynglaur posted:

Eh, I'd still point true newbies to tackle. It gets new players comfortable with treating ships like ammunition, and a well-placed T1 frigate with tackle can still be really helpful on almost any type of fleet.

I think FCs get annoyed when half the fleet shows up to a Baltecfleet in Interceptors because nobody wants to get a battleship back home if they have to logoff mid-fight.

Flying tackle frigates is probably one of the more mechanically demanding things you can do in eve. I get it because slashers are cheap, but new players would be 1000% more useful in a maulus or some other form of gently caress-you-ewar. Shobon damps > babbys first lesson in “what happens when you approach a munin”

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Oh maneck all my guys are in ISRAD but I still show as goonfleet in the forums and I have a gewns ticker on comms

What do I do

I think you're hosed, considering that there are people who have been through a whole line of Goonswarm Federation and allies alliances who are still rocking the wrong tags, however if you have a nice single-malt scotch you can send to him, he might help.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Oct 1, 2020

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
Train corms please and come on my fleets. Let’s all get drunk and haze the D list FCs that they send on structure shoots. Tonight was fantastipotamous.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
It's important to point out that the best way to make money as a new bee is to lose doctrine ships in glorious combat.

For example, with everything factored in, you will make a profit of about 28m by losing a Cormorant or 48m losing a Harpy.

The snekmen don't understand this, but them loitering in the Querious Fight Club is really nice of them. If only they wouldn't pass this much, krabbing by death would be much more profitable. (Obligatory Soundcloud link https://soundcloud.com/the-neolithicaus/we-are-going-to-pass-pgl-mix-demo )

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

The amount of money you can possibly make mining/ratting in highsec as a brand new character is miniscule.

Echoing someone else's comment - PM me your in-game name and I'll send you more ISK than you'd likely make in a month doing what you're doing, but what is essentially chump change to me.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

today i learned if you
join friends of ascee
go on one of their gatecamps
fly a kiki (125mil ish)

you get
strategic payout (look it up) x 2
asceecare (50mil)

or a grand total of nearly half a bil

gently caress a ratting ship

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Oct 1, 2020

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
is this game good yet?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

ded posted:

is this game good yet?

yeah seems that way

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

Embarassing newbie story: When I first started playing (back when the tutorial was even more terrible) I didn't realize there was a warp drive on the ship. The game gave me a mission to fly to some beacon so I undocked, found the beacon and started slowboating towards it, several AU away. After I complained to a friend about how I had been flying for 30 minutes and not gotten noticeably closer he helpfully suggested I warp to it. :v:

GaussianCopula posted:

It's important to point out that the best way to make money as a new bee is to lose doctrine ships in glorious combat.

For example, with everything factored in, you will make a profit of about 28m by losing a Cormorant or 48m losing a Harpy.
Listen to this. Train into a doctrine ship so you can lose it for the benefit of the swarm and make money doing so. The Cormorant is probably the easiest to train into and leads directly to the Harpy, Ferox and Rokh. Until then you can fly a Maulus (Gallente electronic warfare frigate) which only needs a few hours of training from starting out as Gallente and is always welcome and useful on fleets.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Oct 1, 2020

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

today i learned if you
join friends of ascee
go on one of their gatecamps
fly a kiki (125mil ish)

you get
strategic payout (look it up) x 2
asceecare (50mil)

or a grand total of nearly half a bil

gently caress a ratting ship

Is friends of ascee a sig or Corp?

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

ded posted:

is this game good yet?
I dunno if I'd say good but better than it's ever been, at least.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Dirk Pitt posted:

Is friends of ascee a sig or Corp?
A sig, "Friends of Ascendance"

https://esi.goonfleet.com/Group/1055

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

DGC773 posted:

CAP AND SUB-CAP RATTING EMBARGO FOR EASTERN DELVE

EFFECTIVE: 1200 EVE TIME FRIDAY 3 OCTOBER

All ratting and mining in the highlighted systems is to cease. Anacondas will be policing the area to ensure compliance.

No Ratting.
No Mining.
Delve is Next.

Wait, the first offensive action in Delve is... anti-ratting fleets? Really?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ded posted:

is this game good yet?

the game is only as good as what's going on in it, it's as playable as it's ever been, and there is plenty of CONTENT available rn

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

these guys are very classy

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Collateral Damage posted:

Listen to this. Train into a doctrine ship so you can lose it for the benefit of the swarm and make money doing so. The Cormorant is probably the easiest to train into and leads directly to the Harpy, Ferox and Rokh. Until then you can fly a Maulus (Gallente electronic warfare frigate) which only needs a few hours of training from starting out as Gallente and is always welcome and useful on fleets.

This is better advice than I gave. Follow this advice.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Aesculus posted:

Weird that you're letting MOA into your coalition but I guess you need all the manpower you can get considering how many fights you have to pass since you only have a 2.5-1 advantage

They’ll throw Harry “How? Warp Stabs!” Forever an invite at this rate.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I'm starting to suspect that the average badguy in this war is actually a delusional weirdo.

Things I learned on tonight's trip through Paragon Soul: The Mind1 Conspiracy, goons ran out of SRP money a month ago and mittens is paying for it out of his personal RMT, and that living breathing fuel blocks has a TOP LEVEL DIRECTOR SPY.

Edit: [

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Wait they think our SRP is being funded by Mitten's multi - dollar media empire?

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!
Worst TZ for everyone
Over 1k dreads
The though of Mittani alarm clocking has awoken the snakes nest
Keepstar will be anchored
Ratting embargo will be enforced

DGC773 fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Oct 1, 2020

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
Querious George is just a bot that picks things off a list of stock phrases, isn't he?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine caring enough about winning an EVE war to pay real money. Oh these guys are the best

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

once this is all over i'll have to post my take on why hostiles can't seem to understand us at all despite us being easily spied upon and generally not clever at all as a people

I don't think it's any more complicated than brain damage on account of playing too much video games.

Charles 1998 posted:

Pick the one empire that gives the character appearance you want. For example, if you want to make a black person, you gotta choose Minimatar Brutar.

Not necessarily. You can also make a Khanid (Amarr) character and their skin can be made as black as midnight.

Jazzzzz posted:

not anymore - I have a Caldari Achura that looks like Wesley Snipes

Or that. :v:

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

orange juche posted:

Oof, snek coalition logistics taking the L.

i see you found my work :-)

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

TasogareNoKagi posted:

Be nice to the newbee.
Corms are Cormorants, a Caldari destroyer that uses railguns.

It is also sexy as gently caress because Caldari ships are sexy as gently caress.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

DGC773 posted:

Worst TZ for everyone
Over 1k dreads
The though of Mittani alarm clocking has awoken the snakes nest
Keepstar will be anchored
Ratting embargo will be enforced

Still doesn't say Delve.

Can someone please quote the earlier post of something along the lines that says "Invasion of Delve Day 1 begins tomorrow!"

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Stereotype posted:

these guys are very classy

hell, :same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Mods can you 6er Querious George (DCG)because he's about to be insufferable