Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I think the Astros are good actually and I don't care about sign stealing (things I also don't care about: Bonds juicing (really anyone), deflategate, Spygate, Lance Armstrong's RBC)

They will probably be tossed from the playoffs this time next week, for now I'm enjoying the ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

STAC Goat posted:

Now I'm genuinely tempted to buy a Mookie Betts Red Sox Funko Pop figure. I'm not sure why but for $4 I'm sure I can come up with something.

If you have a Red Sox fan friend, $4 is a pretty cheap troll gift

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Sab0921 posted:

I think the Astros are good actually and I don't care about sign stealing (things I also don't care about : Bonds juicing (really anyone), deflategate, Spygate, Lance Armstrong's RBC)

They will probably be tossed from the playoffs this time next week, for now I'm enjoying the ride.

So in other words you don't actually care about anything you just like staring at the box with the flashing lights coming out of it

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The fun part about the Astros is its barely even about the cheating. Its about the smugness, the misogyny, the rear end in a top hat behavior, the complete lack of consequences, the defamation of reporters, the celebration of domestic abuse, etc.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The Astros and Yankees already advancing makes me want the playoffs to just end right now.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

GalacticAcid posted:

I want the Yankees or Astros to win

I’m off to a good start

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Quick way to lose $20 imo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Yankees get a huge break playing the Rays at a neutral site.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

GalacticAcid posted:

I’m off to a good start

Why do you want the world to burn

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Do what must be done, Rays.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Baseball is only pain. Go Florida teams.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Go White Sox, I really don’t want to face the A’s. I’m amazed we even beat the Twins.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
You should all know that I would murder you without hesitation to protect Gio Urshela.

https://twitter.com/snyyankees/status/1311540980307329025

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Yankees get a huge break playing the Rays at a neutral site.
The AL is lucky to get Dodger Stadium and Petco.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

STAC Goat posted:

The fun part about the Astros is its barely even about the cheating. Its about the smugness, the misogyny, the rear end in a top hat behavior, the complete lack of consequences, the defamation of reporters, the celebration of domestic abuse, etc.

I do care about that! Brandon Taubman and signing Osuna were far worse than the sign stealing scandal to me.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

bees x1000 posted:

Not sure which bandwagons to jump on for dead fake pandemic playoffs, Twins/Padres/Indians I guess?

the wheels on my wagon are coming off rather quickly

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

STAC Goat posted:

100% the sign stealing is just the ornamentation. Everything else is what makes the Astros the loving worst.

And yet, God, I'm actually rooting for them because I believe the Astros going to or winning the world series is the only thing that might stop MLB adopting this playoff format for good. And as insufferable as the Astros are, expanded playoffs are worse.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/gfstarr1/status/1311490992491692033?s=21

:drat:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I really hated and despised David Ortiz and i feel like an idiot for it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Tiffany Ortiz go all the way the gently caress off hell yea

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m amazed we even beat the Twins.

Why? The Twins haven't won a playoff game since I became old enough to legally drink, which I suppose is lucky timing for me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Infidel Castro posted:

Why? The Twins haven't won a playoff game since I became old enough to legally drink, which I suppose is lucky timing for me.

lmao

I'm not sure why this tickled me so much but thank you

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
I've run the numbers and if the Yankees beat the Rays, they have a 87.6% chance of winning the World Series.

Then again, if they lose to the Rays, I still have them with a 1.2% chance, so maybe my math is suspect.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Infidel Castro posted:

Shiiiiiit. The M's last won a playoff series on my 30th birthday and I turn 49 in two weeks.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Marlins/Cubs game 2 apparently postponed to tomorrow.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Squall posted:

Marlins/Cubs game 2 apparently postponed to tomorrow.

Thank god, I didn't want a situation where Darvish got 1 inning and then a massive delay

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There's maybe a chance of brief showers in Chicago, maybe. :cmon:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it's likely not even gonna rain. Oh well, at least the Cubs made it to October 2nd.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How's JHey ever going to give them a WS winning pep-talk if they don't risk a rain delay?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

My dad texted me this morning that World Series tickets go on sale Tuesday. I told him as badly as I want to see the Dodgers win it all in person, I don't want to get myself or him (age 67!) infected for it.

11,000+ people in a stadium has to be the largest gathering in the US since all this poo poo started right? Drunk baseball fans yelling for 3+ hours while hvac recirculates the air sounds like a recipe for a superspreader event.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

NCAA has had fans in some of the college football stadiums.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Weren't there like 20K at that game where NFL fans booed civil rights

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Weren't there like 20K at that game where NFL fans booed civil rights

16k but 4 NFL teams have had averaged over 11,000 fans in their stands already this year

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Sturgis was a few months ago there was like a quarter million people there.

My bad there was half a million people there, it’s just been linked to a quarter million covid cases.:911:

A talking coyote fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 1, 2020

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
https://twitter.com/mlb/status/1311743949984464897?s=21

https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/1311745746371313666?s=21

"I would imagine as the Braves advance in the playoffs, that gathering outside the stadium will keep growing and growing" —announcer, somehow trying not to make that sound like a threat or a public health emergency

elentar fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 1, 2020

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Here lie the Reds, they never scored.

:rip:

The Braves have lost 8 straight Division Series. It's time to break that streak.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Squall posted:

Here lie the Reds, they never scored.

:rip:

The Braves have lost 8 straight Division Series. It's time to break that streak.

I was telling my nephew that if the Reds allowed two runs in these 2020 playoffs, even if they didn't score themselves, I could live with that. And then..

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I really enjoyed not watching that and just periodically checking Gameday to see that things were going OK, then good, then great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/PGHClothingCo/status/1311671820093882368
I feel so old and bitter; why can't we live in the universe where the Pens still won those 2 cups, but also the Pirates won at least 1 WS during that 3 year run :smith: