Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carillon
May 9, 2014

Panzeh posted:

You can pause and immediately put the siege engine in reserve and keep one of each type in reserve so eventually you can get your own four out to put them in the same spot but it's tedious.

LegoMan posted:

With enough Engineering you build them fast enough to outpace their building but you have to keep queuing up more every time yours die. Also I always make sure I have another army with mine because being alone it seems their siege weapons kill off my army fast. Eventually your trebuchets will be the ones ganking their siege and you can slowly pick at the walls.

Holy poo poo I had no idea, that does help a lot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Modding tools beta

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/399

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Oh poo poo, I had no idea the modding tools were coming! That's super exciting.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Carillon posted:

Holy poo poo I had no idea, that does help a lot!

gently caress me, i am also just finding out about this and goddamn it i still dont even know how to do it lol

Carillon
May 9, 2014

albany academy posted:

gently caress me, i am also just finding out about this and goddamn it i still dont even know how to do it lol

Once built, pause it and then click on the siege machine itself.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I know I am coming a little late to the party with this one, but disciplinarian is fantastic.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Mesadoram posted:

I know I am coming a little late to the party with this one, but disciplinarian is fantastic.

It honestly feels too good. Not that I think it should be excluded, just...why is it paired opposite anything else? It's going to get picked every time, at least as long as bandits are a reliable source of elite troops.

E: it's a great perk and I think most of the trees should have some kind of perk similarly valuable around 125, since it's kind of a mid-tier "capstone".

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Ravenfood posted:

It honestly feels too good. Not that I think it should be excluded, just...why is it paired opposite anything else? It's going to get picked every time, at least as long as bandits are a reliable source of elite troops.

E: it's a great perk and I think most of the trees should have some kind of perk similarly valuable around 125, since it's kind of a mid-tier "capstone".

It takes some work to get there or maybe I'm not great at leveling it since it was my first play through. Anyways, once I finally got it I had played so long the main quest was dead, and I couldn't create my own kingdom. But my troops were godly! 50 fians is pretty nice.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Ravenfood posted:

Maybe there should be a bunch of perks for recruiting bandits in the rogue tree, paired off against each other, so you have to pick forest bandits vs mountain bandits, steppe bandits vs desert bandits etc

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Enjoy posted:

Maybe there should be a bunch of perks for recruiting bandits in the rogue tree, paired off against each other, so you have to pick forest bandits vs mountain bandits, steppe bandits vs desert bandits etc

Is the bow thing fixed on fishbus' mod

Anyone have any other recommendations for mod. The mod community seems to be stalling out a bit, a lot of the more popular ones haven't been updated for months

terrorist ambulance fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 3, 2020

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Well poo poo. No mods, and now when I try to launch a siege attack on Talivel Castle it crashes. (most recent 1.5.3 beta). I can't tell if it only happens when I crack all the walls and have a ram and two siege towers up or what, but its frustrating regardless. I suppose I'll keep trying.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 3, 2020

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

terrorist ambulance posted:

Anyone have any other recommendations for mod. The mod community seems to be stalling out a bit, a lot of the more popular ones haven't been updated for months

I don't use mods anymore sorry, I got sick of compatibility issues

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is there a disadvantage to constantly buying horses and getting a bunch of carrying capacity?

Do my champions need ammo for their bows?

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Baron Porkface posted:

Is there a disadvantage to constantly buying horses and getting a bunch of carrying capacity?

Do my champions need ammo for their bows?

Not really unless you have a really huge number of horses, which can give you a herding penalty.

On the second part, by champions do you mean clan members who you can outfit? Because yeah, you're gonna need to give them some arrows if they have a bow.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Not really unless you have a really huge number of horses, which can give you a herding penalty.

On the second part, by champions do you mean clan members who you can outfit? Because yeah, you're gonna need to give them some arrows if they have a bow.

Why can my companions not take more than one arrow in a slot?

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

terrorist ambulance posted:

I'm fixing it now, it also looks like they've actually fixed the loot drop modifiers (including weapons! yay!), so I need to adjust my own modifiers to work with it, since it's generating armour with 300 AC

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

I've updated my mod for the latest beta.

Which fixes the ranged items not spawning in stores.
Also updated some of the troop wage economy since the last few versions of the base game have made it a little harder to accrue wealth naturally.

Updated Powerup Mod

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Fishbus posted:

I've updated my mod for the latest beta.

Which fixes the ranged items not spawning in stores.
Also updated some of the troop wage economy since the last few versions of the base game have made it a little harder to accrue wealth naturally.

Updated Powerup Mod

Any idea how the skill and xp changes will apply to a game in play?

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

Ravenfood posted:

Any idea how the skill and xp changes will apply to a game in play?

Once you gain xp in that skill it will level you up to equalize to the stats of the changes.

e.g. you might gain 20 levels in something at once, but that is the skill normalizing .

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

My weapons and shield keep going missing during siege battles!

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Been trying to level trade (because stuck in this lovely "war" where my faction has had a war target bottled up with no fiefs but refuses to make peace and refuses to go to war with anyone else).

It would be nice if there was some indication you actually got trade exp or how much you needed to profit to actually get any. I know bright green sales are best but it just seems so hit or miss.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Anything you buy in one city and sell for a profit in another counts toward it. Eventually you'll be able to get a perk that lets you see what your profit will be in the trading window.

I've burnt out on Bannerlord again myself. Joined southern empire and they just keep losing every battle. Finally said gently caress it and enabled cheats instead of banging my head against the wall. Ctrl+alt+F4 my way through taking 4 Vlandian cities in rapid succession, forced to stop sieging #5 because my faction unanimously (except me) voted to pay them 5k/month for peace. In the current state, I feel like I'm stuck between getting bored with beating my head against a wall or getting bored with cheating.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Baron Porkface posted:

My weapons and shield keep going missing during siege battles!

did you accidentally swap them out for quivers from dead archers?

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0FvghFs5EM

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

LegoMan posted:

Been trying to level trade (because stuck in this lovely "war" where my faction has had a war target bottled up with no fiefs but refuses to make peace and refuses to go to war with anyone else).

It would be nice if there was some indication you actually got trade exp or how much you needed to profit to actually get any. I know bright green sales are best but it just seems so hit or miss.

You can open the character screen and look at the xp bar for trade before and after selling. I believe it's 1 experience point per denar of profit.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
They really just need to let you buy lord gear but also make all gear wear over time.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

haha yeah. I remember there being a morale loss in Warband for retreating.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Third World Reagan posted:

They really just need to let you buy lord gear but also make all gear wear over time.

No that is incredibly dumb.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The Lord gear, OK.

The durability, no, there is already so much to keep track of if you want to be effective.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
I could see maybe one random piece of armour deteriorating by a step every time you get KO'd in real combat (not duels)

Being able to repair armour might then be a good idea

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Enjoy posted:

I could see maybe one random piece of armour deteriorating by a step every time you get KO'd in real combat (not duels)

Being able to repair armour might then be a good idea

yeah i'd only be into it if you could repair + get smithing exp. it was annoying to deal with in morrowind too

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013
Is there any way to level your family members skills up so they don't all start with 0 in every stat? Or is it just a case of getting them to do stuff?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Is there a way to declare independence from a faction while also keeping your existing fiefs? I'd love to just outright rebel but that doesn't seem like an option.

The "leave kingdom" button seems greyed out and talking to the king makes it seem like you just resign from their service.

e: Figured it out, needed to not be in an army and it worked. And since I was already t4 with a fief I could just form a kingdom without the banner anyway.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 10, 2020

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
Is the leveling system still completely broken? I haven't played since march

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

chippocrates posted:

Is there any way to level your family members skills up so they don't all start with 0 in every stat? Or is it just a case of getting them to do stuff?

I haven't gotten to that point but I'm just give them an army of high level units and have them patrol around.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Ravenfood posted:

Is there a way to declare independence from a faction while also keeping your existing fiefs? I'd love to just outright rebel but that doesn't seem like an option.

The "leave kingdom" button seems greyed out and talking to the king makes it seem like you just resign from their service.

I know I had the option to do it. Keeping your fiefs makes them automatically declare war on you for being so dishonorable.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

TropicalCoke posted:

Is the leveling system still completely broken? I haven't played since march

Levels now depend on xp gained instead of skill points gained, so you basically never run into a situation where you can't level up really.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

LegoMan posted:

I know I had the option to do it. Keeping your fiefs makes them automatically declare war on you for being so dishonorable.

Yeah, I just had to disband my army and it worked just fine.

So, if I found a kingdom and pick a culture, does that change what units my settlements produce or is that still fixed like it is when you conquer a town? Does it just change a few meaningless penalties?

Lastly, wooo boy am I regretting not starting as an Imperial. That bonus seems a hell of a lot better now compared to the rest. Vlandia's +troop xp might be ok but once you're rolling around with top tier troops it does nothing.

E: Khan guards seem like they're comically overpowered. I know Fians were the hotness earlier on, but these guys just seem like Fians with maybe a tiny bit weaker bow (maybe) and horses and glaives instead of two handed swords. They've got the same basic melee skills as Vlandian banner knights as far as I can tell.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Have the mod tools been released? Have been itching to get back into this after watching partyelite's aserai LP, but the task of going through nexus to get all the mods has been keeping me away.