Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Gaupo Guacho posted:

actually the CIA/NATO pretty much invented the concept of war itself and disseminated it throughout the developing world as a psyop. before the CIA existed humanity had coexisted for nearly 2000 years of uninterrupted peace. read Killing Hope by William Blum if u want to learn more

gently caress off Gaupo Guacho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animist
Aug 28, 2018

dangerous levels of bappin

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
more like Guapo Gusano

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I'm surprised Azerbaijan hasnt actually, you know, captured land yet considering they're the ones who had the initiative by starting this.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

gradenko_2000 posted:

more like Guapo Gusano
Guano Gusano

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Al-Saqr posted:

I'm surprised Azerbaijan hasnt actually, you know, captured land yet considering they're the ones who had the initiative by starting this.
It was hardly a surprise attack and the terrain looks like this:

Hopefully those mountains chew through a decent amount of Salafists who have decided to take a vacation from sawing off shia heads so they can kill christians for a bit. Variety is the spice of life after all.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

Ok so I decided to do my basic research, I though the disputed territory would be tiny but it looks like a fairly hefty chunk of land about a third the size of Armenia, apparently it’s internationally recognized as part of Azerbaijan but it declared it’s own Independence in 1991 and is mainly Armenian population. Lol talk about a wierd situation.

Does Azerbaijan even have army large enough to take and hold that much territory?!

lol N-K is about a third of the size of los angeles county

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Hopefully those mountains chew through a decent amount of Salafists who have decided to take a vacation from sawing off shia heads so they can kill christians for a bit. Variety is the spice of life after all.

Azerbaijan is Shiite so going by your metrics you ought to be hooting and hollering for them to win.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

They were fighting for weeks before we in the West started hearing about it so not that much of an element of surprise to what we think of as the initiation of hostilities.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gaupo Guacho posted:

actually the CIA/NATO pretty much invented the concept of war itself and disseminated it throughout the developing world as a psyop. before the CIA existed humanity had coexisted for nearly 2000 years of uninterrupted peace. read Killing Hope by William Blum if u want to learn more

lol what dipshit IK/mod gave this fascist a sci-fi avatar

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Al-Saqr posted:

Azerbaijan is Shiite so going by your metrics you ought to be hooting and hollering for them to win.
?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

You called the Azeris salafists in the post the guy's quoting! Come on bro!

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

i think he was referring to the turkish backed jihadis

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol what dipshit IK/mod gave this fascist a sci-fi avatar

give him the cover of starship troopers or something

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/MuradGazdiev/status/1311649048659742721?s=19

The two are journalists with Le Monde. One is reportedly in critical condition.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

mila kunis posted:

i think he was referring to the turkish backed jihadis

If they're jihadis and not just mercs, why would they be going to Nagorno-Karabakh to try and help Azeris out?

THS
Sep 15, 2017

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

If they're jihadis and not just mercs, why would they be going to Nagorno-Karabakh to try and help Azeris out?

they get to kill the hated armenian

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

THS posted:

they get to kill the hated armenian

I bet they're headed to LA and Moscow next.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

I bet they're headed to LA and Moscow next.

i mean probably not but the fact that turks were beating the poo poo out of protesters infront of their american embassy means whatever point you’re making is pretty weak

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

THS posted:

i mean probably not but the fact that turks were beating the poo poo out of protesters infront of their american embassy means whatever point you’re making is pretty weak

My point is that this war isn't about bloodthirsty salafist (lol) brutes coming to chop up Christian Armenians due to their ethnicity or religion. That might motivate some of the people fighting, but probably not most of them, and it's certainly not why Azerbaijan is attacking, or why they're being supported by Turkey, or whatever.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

yeah i agree its a pretty complex intersection of ethnic, territorial, and religious hatred mixed with some very bad history. there are a lot of different groups who want to shoot people and do ethnic cleansing for different reasons, and salafist mercenaries are just one group in play, they aren’t calling the shots. the southern caucuses are a land of contrasts

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

sorry is there a contradiction between being paid for war and also being a religious reactionary ? they're advancing that cause in syria and turkey finds them useful and is pulling some of them for use in the this war

THS
Sep 15, 2017

there is apparently some spicy salafism going on in azerbaijan tho. MEPC is a saudi funded think tank so i dunno how sus this stuff is

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

mila kunis posted:

sorry is there a contradiction between being paid for war and also being a religious reactionary ? they're advancing that cause in syria and turkey finds them useful and is pulling some of them for use in the this war

Sure, they can be jihadi mercs or salafist mercs or Chechen mercs or whatever. But the operative point, in this case, is that they're mercs. That's why they're there.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

ok

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Russia will make the Turks their son.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/oryxspioenkop/status/1311565933383688192?s=20
https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1282687389840945153?s=20

The Orbiter UAV is also Israeli made

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

It's pretty wild that war is now fought with the sky blotted out by various surveillance and missile drones. Between that and the ATGMs it looks like a total nightmare to advance a few hundred feet forward.

Looks like we are going back to WW1 trench warfare. Except the trenches all need to be covered or underground tunnels.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/ArmTrinity/status/1311681264668340226?s=20

animist
Aug 28, 2018
just deploy more drones to fight the other drones. beep boop problem solved

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Kazinsal posted:

Six months later we somehow own a chunk of Kyrgyzstan, and The Mittani is no longer just a *space* emperor

The Mittani couldn't even hold his marriage together, let alone a video game empire

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ace Combat 7 was a documentary

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

/sells military drones to a country

"hey, you shouldn't be using those in war. we just wanted to get paid!"

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Those are tweets from Rob Lee are from the July clashes btw.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/aydiniran/status/1311674161098567680?s=20

https://twitter.com/ZartonkMedia/status/1311482567787335680?s=20

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Let me tell you, if I had all the powers of the doomguy, this poo poo wouldn't be happening

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

No i called jihadis sent by Turkey to be canon fodder salafists. Because they are. I'm both shia and live in the region. I know what religion Azeri's follow(vodka).

uncop
Oct 23, 2010

Pryor on Fire posted:

It's pretty wild that war is now fought with the sky blotted out by various surveillance and missile drones. Between that and the ATGMs it looks like a total nightmare to advance a few hundred feet forward.

Looks like we are going back to WW1 trench warfare. Except the trenches all need to be covered or underground tunnels.

ATGMs? Think just basic artillery and a bit of high-speed number-crunching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Victory Position posted:

The Mittani couldn't even hold his marriage together, let alone a video game empire

funny how that happens as soon as a project loses their CIA backer