Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Took a Scalpel out with a fleet that ended up missing a Hel but dunked a shitfit Rorq, missed the message to fit AB instead of MWD and had to constantly manually manage my orbit, repped exactly one dude who got shot by rats on a gate b/c no one ever aggressed us. 8/10, would space priest again

:geoduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I gotta tell you fellas.
Feels a bit limp dicked at the moment

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
To be fair, that spy deserves a medal for what he or she did. Well played sir, well played. I was irritated and not understanding the plan (because there was a lack of communication) and I don't think it was going to work assuming 400 goons knowing what they were supposed to do with 2 minutes of instructions while were were in warp to the target, but finding out afterwards what we were attempting was somewhat impressive.

I didn't die, though got targeted and just moon walked out with a bit of shield damage.

There's reports of a LOT of supercapital's jumping in.
(Ominous music plays, as we end of this episode of Eve Online: The TV series).

Comstar fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Oct 1, 2020

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
if anyone needs a tutorial on ACL's I can give it.

Source: I catch jf's using ACL pulls and permissions.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Comstar posted:

To be fair, that spy deserves a medal for what he or she did. Well played sir, well played.

What happened?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

iospace posted:

What happened?

Bookmarks were created for the fleet to use but the person who made them also allowed everyone to delete them.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I was quite confused the whole time. I mean, pardon me for asking, but what good are starfighters going to be going up against that?

iospace posted:

What happened?

Imagine if the Dambusters were told to fly to the dam, and on the way on their bomb run, they get told what they are supposed to do, and how to drop their bouncing bomb to hit the target. While flak guns are firing at you.

But to do that, the FC has to give out bookmarks on your IP point and exit point to warp out to. To the entire fleet. And to a spy who notices he can delete them bomb run bookmarks.

Uh oh.

I think the only way the plan was going to work is if we had a space wizard with us who could target a 2 meter square target and make the bomb make a 90 degree turn and push through the exhaust of a reactor that can power a small moon. Go watch this and it'll tell you how likely it was going to work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agcRwGDKulw. Looking at it now, I do think attempting to re-create the battle of Yavin is awesome and we must do this again. Just don't give everyone in fleet admin access to the ACL. And please play John Williams through fleet comms as we do it.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Oct 1, 2020

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

iospace posted:

What happened?

Who would win: 400 goony bois or one spai with a Delete key?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Warmachine posted:

Who would win: 400 goony bois or one spai with a Delete key?

Yup, that deserves a well played (thanks all for the reports!)

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

iospace posted:

Yup, that deserves a well played (thanks all for the reports!)

The guys who got blown up on their attack runs were role playing being Biggs Darklighter. Though it was more like the Death Star plans get deleted by a spy a minute before the rebel's get their hands on it.

Instead of the DeathKeepStar blowing up, the episode ends with 1000 Titan's jumping into the station as the music from The Imperial March plays over the credits.

(So the entire episode is built up like it's going to be the attack on the death star, and instead our expectations are subverted like this episode was directed by Ryan Johnston and not George Lucas).

Will our hero's recover?? Will the bad guys win?!? See you next episode!

Comstar fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 1, 2020

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

DGC773 posted:

Worst TZ for everyone

Maybe ask your friends neutralblues(?) from Frat and Winter Co what TZ they prefer to fight in.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Comstar posted:

The guys who got blown up on their attack runs were role playing being Biggs Darklighter.

More like Porkins, let's be real here

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Jazzzzz posted:

More like Porkins, let's be real here

Now I really want to see someone do a meme of this battle. Reddit needs to get to it.

Ok, here's a somewhat semi-topical one!

Comstar fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Oct 1, 2020

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
ok well now i have to figure out what to do with the day since i'm awake at this unholy hour and too stimmed up to sleep :v:

for the at-work crew, we tried some hijinks and they didn't work and they didn't work very quickly, back to the drawing board :black101:

quote:

(7:50:17 AM) directorbot: Well this one is a bummer. We had a bunch of bookmarks made by me over the last night and because I don't really know how the new ACL system works the access list let everyone who had access not only use them but also delete them. We had a spy in fleet who realized that and deleted all the bookmarks from everyone. Fair play to him/her, I would have done the same thing too.

It was an interesting strategy and it was cool to see that it could have worked based on what happened we tried to salvage it but because we had to warp to the keepstar model and not the bookmarks we made they could put bubbles up in the center of the model and that pulled us. If we had the BMs I think there's a good chance it works but it was my lack of knowledge that let them delete it. I'm sorry about that. I appreciate all of you who alarm clocked or stayed up late, thank you so much. Sorry I let you down on this one. When fighting this many people I'm trying to come up with innovative ways for us to beat them, I'm going to keep trying to do that as long as you guys keep flying with me. I hope you all have a good day in spite of this not going as well as we wanted.

~~~ This was a broadcast from asher_elias to all at 2020-10-01

also we have 16,000 electron bombs and several thousand bomber hulls we're gonna find something to do with heh

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

DGC773 posted:

Worst TZ for everyone
Over 1k dreads
The though of Mittani alarm clocking has awoken the snakes nest
Keepstar will be anchored
Ratting embargo will be enforced

Hey, could you go to Post Your Favorite Space Ship thread and post your favorite space ship you use to do the invasion with?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i had a better idea :colbert:

edit: nvm im dumb :^)

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Oct 1, 2020

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Numismancer posted:

ok well now i have to figure out what to do with the day since i'm awake at this unholy hour and too stimmed up to sleep :v:

for the at-work crew, we tried some hijinks and they didn't work and they didn't work very quickly, back to the drawing board :black101:

also we have 16,000 electron bombs and several thousand bomber hulls we're gonna find something to do with heh

I'm sure Boat will find good uses for them.

If not welp them.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Dalael posted:

pm me your character name. I'll give you some money to get you started regardless of where you end up in the end. Just keep in mind that when you do missions in highsec, your first few days will not be rewarding. Lack of sp often means you can't kill stuff fast enough and end up with a repair bill. That will change shortly.

Thanks. I'll wait until I'm a proper member and safe in goonspace, then I'll come back here and beg for scraps.

I'm going to do the career missions first, they actually give you a decent chunk of ISK. I almost skipped them entirely.

e: they actually have pretty good support, this 'GM Star Lord' messaged me out of the blue to give me tips and even some gifts

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Phlegmish posted:

Thanks. I'll wait until I'm a proper member and safe in goonspace, then I'll come back here and beg for scraps.

I'm going to do the career missions first, they actually give you a decent chunk of ISK. I almost skipped them entirely.

e: they actually have pretty good support, this 'GM Star Lord' messaged me out of the blue to give me tips and even some gifts

running the Sisters of Eve Epic Arc (Blood Stained Stars https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/The_Blood-Stained_Stars) is pretty fun and you get the dime tour by going into each empire's space.

Rewards are ok and you can run it in a pretty simple ship like a catalyst.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Phlegmish posted:

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Career_Agents

quote:

"Rewards
The career agent missions reward a moderate amount of ISK (about 5-6M ISK in total), as well as a number of useful ships and modules"

I had to look this up because I've never done highsec missions. lol dude stop wasting your time, if you join Goonwaffe you can make that much isk in 5 min of ratting.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
So wait the plan was to bomb the poo poo out of the structure?

That owns.

Also what ever happened to the ol’ fleet warp to a cloaked covops trick?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

It’s not the end of the world if Phlegmish runs a few hisec missions. If nothing else, he’ll understand how good we’ve got it when he comes down to Delve.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

dialhforhero posted:

So wait the plan was to bomb the poo poo out of the structure?

That owns.

Also what ever happened to the ol’ fleet warp to a cloaked covops trick?

we were going to throw 16,000 bombs at it from a special bookmark sphere (which got deleted because acls are hard and we hosed up!!!) and kill it in the most unfair way possible yes

this is why we have 16,000 bombs and like 1000 purifier hulls now it's been a secret project for a little bit now and i think it might still work if we have the bookmarks + some lessons learned from this run :sun:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

so i guess what I'm hearing here is to avoid reddit today

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

so i guess what I'm hearing here is to avoid reddit today

Just today?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

I plan to send you 50M isk, and I'd bet I'm probably going to be the person that gives you the least.

If you're wanting to do it to check out the game then fair enough, but don't bother for the rewards.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

TBH I am very interested in getting my bomber skills finished to participate in the not-failed Keepstar Trench Run that will happen soon. That is exactly the amount of stupid I'm interested in.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

so i guess what I'm hearing here is to avoid reddit

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Bob Socko posted:

It’s not the end of the world if Phlegmish runs a few hisec missions. If nothing else, he’ll understand how good we’ve got it when he comes down to Delve.

Yeah, and hopefully I'll learn how to play.

I can skill up in the meantime. I already bought my Maulus, which related skills do I need to focus on?

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Numismancer posted:

we were going to throw 16,000 bombs at it from a special bookmark sphere (which got deleted because acls are hard and we hosed up!!!) and kill it in the most unfair way possible yes

this is why we have 16,000 bombs and like 1000 purifier hulls now it's been a secret project for a little bit now and i think it might still work if we have the bookmarks + some lessons learned from this run :sun:

That would've been a fun surprise! I'll have to make sure I get the skills to fly one of those

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

iospace posted:

Just today?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Perhaps it wouldn't be cost efficient nor work at all because they would kill themselves, but imagine 2000 battleships just lighting smartbombs continuously all over the structure.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

dialhforhero posted:

Perhaps it wouldn't be cost efficient nor work at all because they would kill themselves, but imagine 2000 battleships just lighting smartbombs continuously all over the structure.

A keepstar model size would surely be big enough to space out so that you don't smartbomb your freinds to death. Keeping the defenders from killing you would be the challenge

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

I can skill up in the meantime. I already bought my Maulus, which related skills do I need to focus on?
Don't buy anything in highsec that you plan to use in Delve, you're going to get to Delve by suiciding your clone and as they say you can't take it with you when you die. :)

Our local market is as well stocked as any highsec market outside of Jita (the biggest market hub in highsec), so there's no reason to personally move anything here.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Collateral Damage posted:

Don't buy anything in highsec that you plan to use in Delve, you're going to get to Delve by suiciding your clone and as they say you can't take it with you when you die. :)

Our local market is as well stocked as any highsec market outside of Jita (the biggest market hub in highsec), so there's no reason to personally move anything here.

Got it. I can get some practice in, at least - which type of weapon should I be putting on a Maulus?

e: what happens to your ISK when you die?

e2: can't I just jump to Delve?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Phlegmish posted:

Got it. I can get some practice in, at least - which type of weapon should I be putting on a Maulus?

I suck at fitting so I can't help you there. Your isk stays with you when you die. I believe there is a 10k cloning fee or something? As for jumping to delve, you'll set your home clone at our main keepstar in delve and then will explode your pod. A few seconds later you will be in delve. It is the easiest and fastest way to get here.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

Sure, if you want to travel 40+ jumps through space of varying degrees of hostility and probably die to a gatecamp along the way because everything surrounding Delve is an active warzone.

It would probably be fun to do in some kind of shitfrig/elite PVP ship designed for this, but I don't think it is something you want to seriously attempt as a newbie.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
Maybe a dumb question but wouldn't the Keepstar's damage cap prevent the bombing runs from being very effective? The amount of coordination required to bomb continuously for 15min or whatever seems pretty tough.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

Numismancer posted:

The great Purifier feed. I can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

DGC773 posted:

The great Purifier feed. I can't wait.

Tell your spies not to delete the bookmarks then :v: