Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Carbohydrates posted:

Just google "[set name/number] instructions" and you'll find a lot of sites that host them. Or, go to Brickset and look up the set there - they aggregate the places that host instructions for sets, too.

Brickset is great, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Dogen posted:

Lego itself has pdf instructions for most (all?) sets

Their instructions are often low quality. So if somewhere else has decent quality scans, go with that.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
Lego's site is also very incomplete for sets before about ten years ago, so if you're into older Lego it's almost useless

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I thought they might not be great with older sets availability, I didn’t realize their quality was also poor. Never really noticed on the rare occasion I use them to rebuild something.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
The official instructions on the Lego website only go back around 20 years.

If it's a new set, the official Lego instructions app is pretty good. Also very helpful if you're doing the build with others or don't want to unwrap/crease your books.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Olpainless posted:

They're literally standard hair so yes.

I don't know where you're buying from because they are standard hair!

What no they are not. The hairpieces for Friends minidolls, are made of a different plastic (i think it is rubber actually) than regular Lego. It is soft and matte and has zero clutch

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Good News: We’re finally getting a Nebulon-B set!

Bad News: It was apparently supposed to be an SDCC exclusive and will probably be stupidly limited!

Here’s another view. YakFace is reposting it, so it’s almost certainly a legit set.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tiny, but pretty cool.

Now I'm kind of mad it didn't get voted for the UCS.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Oxyclean posted:

I wouldn't be too surprised if the final model came with something like that.

Short of that, I'm sure many builders will have collection of varying colours of studs or other 1x1 bits that might make for makeshift pins.

*looks at his huge towers of extra trans red circular studs from numerous Star Wars sets*

Although at that scale it would be mostly useless for Europeans, the entire continent would be red with no discernible boundaries

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

This sounds like something I would want, but I live in Europe, so I guess no soup for me. Thanks Lego. I love how even after promising not to do regional limited sets, they still manage to find a way to do just the same amount of them as they always did. Nice.

Although, on a somewhat more positive note, the prices for Bespin duel seem to have gone down after the inital frenzy and now you need to pay only just under 2x the original price on Bricklink/eBay. Which is not too bad compared with some. E.g. the US exclusive Lego Movie 2 brickheadz still sell for 4x the original price, so there's that.

ivantod fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Oct 1, 2020

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Good News: We’re finally getting a Nebulon-B set!

gently caress yeah!

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Shiiiiit, that looks amazing.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Well aren't we fancy with our new thread title and poo poo

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Carbohydrates posted:

Well aren't we fancy with our new thread title and poo poo

As someone who is introducing their young one to lego there is no more apt title.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

There's not much Star Wars I want, but man I want that Nebulon-B set. I need to pay close attention to how to get one so I can grab it.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Ineptitude posted:

What no they are not. The hairpieces for Friends minidolls, are made of a different plastic (i think it is rubber actually) than regular Lego. It is soft and matte and has zero clutch
I can verify this other type is in use, the Bellatrix Lestrange minifig has this hair but it drapes around her head so clutch isn’t really an issue. It might be the same plastic they use in some of the rubberized plant leaf pieces which are similarly lacking in shine (and clutch).

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Literally A Person posted:

As someone who is introducing their young one to lego there is no more apt title.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Earth posted:

There's not much Star Wars I want, but man I want that Nebulon-B set. I need to pay close attention to how to get one so I can grab it.

I'm guessing it'll be like the Bespin Duel set? Since this was also supposed to be an event exclusive, hoping it'll just pop up on the LEGO.com store at some point.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Family photo

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Brawnfire posted:

Family photo

“Hope you enjoy the lifetime of pain you’re going to endure just so you can be part of a Pottery Barn ad on Facebook. Meanwhile, I get to travel, spend my money on video games, and get to sleep in and go out whenever I want. I’ve already got my axle remover snipped so I don’t even have to worry about other brick separators trapping me with their spawn.”

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Brickset is great, thanks!

Well, after cussing at the tutorial and cussing at a little polybag kit, I've moved on and made some progress with Studio (no hood for the cobra unfortunately):

I might start re-creating one of my things in there tonight.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Literally A Person posted:

I purged my home of carpet decades ago and I have no regrets. House slippers are a lot easier to check for gifts and are honestly cleaner than carpet.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Playing Star Wars squadrons in VR has been really cool for getting an idea of the scale of all of the Star Wars ships. I never realized it, but the UCS Y-Wing is pretty well scaled to the the regular sized X-Wings and A wings. maybe a hair too big but it's much closer than the normal one is.

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

Ikea and Lego launced their collaboration this week. At least in the Netherlands. Its a box of Lego and several storage containers: https://www.ikea.com/nl/nl/new/bygglek-collectie-ikea-x-lego-r-pubc6912e50 Seems decent.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That's actually awesome. That's going to be such a good way to pad out big builds with verticality. And the most expensive one costs as much as a base plate. it's too bad it only comes in white though.

Imagine you want to build a castle on top of a mountain or something. One of those boxes could save you like $100.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Or if you want to build an actual castle.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Did Lego ever make a mini Fiat 500? Like they did for the Volkswagen Camper, Mini Cooper and Beetle?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

obi_ant posted:

Did Lego ever make a mini Fiat 500? Like they did for the Volkswagen Camper, Mini Cooper and Beetle?

Yeah, it was literally this year's creator car.

e: Oh, I'm dumb, you mean like a poly bag mini to go alongside it. :doh:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Sesame Street has leaked. Priced at about $120 to $150. I'm personally really happy with how this looks.

https://imgur.com/a/RMIhPE1

Also in news about me getting old I no longer have any idea how to paste an image link for imgur.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oscar the grouch is now a dwarf living in a bathroom wastebin instead of a full trash can, apparently

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Captain Invictus posted:

oscar the grouch is now a dwarf living in a bathroom wastebin instead of a full trash can, apparently

Finally an excuse to refresh my AV.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I want all those minifigs

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
no Count minifig, no sale

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

no Count minifig, no sale

Holy poo poo you're right, the Count is my favorite

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
No Grover, either.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

loving *madness*

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I can only assume they'll be filling these egregious gaps in later sets.

Also need Super Grover, not just Grover.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Grover taught kids the difference between near and far.

Elmo taught kids how to not speak properly.

The fact that they picked Elmo over Grover is definitely not cool.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Chairchucker posted:

Also need Super Grover, not just Grover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

EvilJoven posted:

Grover taught kids the difference between near and far.

Elmo taught kids how to not speak properly.

The fact that they picked Elmo over Grover is definitely not cool.

Elmo just says his name instead of "I". You want bad grammar, Cookie monster's the real problem.