Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They made some really weird character decisions to be fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dacap posted:

I assume this means they’re continuing multiverse shenanigans from the Dr Strange sequel?

But this is scheduled for before that movie! Dr. Strange is still 2022 right?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Arist posted:

But this is scheduled for before that movie! Dr. Strange is still 2022 right?

Yeah but it could start in WandaVision

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I don't think Foxx is a bad actor, the script just sucked, so him playing the same character and putting in a much better performance would be hilarious if they can pull it off.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm still mad at ASM2 about Foxx's character. Dude clearly had mental issues and was portrayed sympathetically until whoops time for him to be a scary evil bad guy

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I swear I keep thinking "I ever saw that Spider-Man film" and then I remember I totally did burn through those films so I must have seen it but I don't remember it at all.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I also assume she was back and forth to earth at least a few times over the 5 year blip considering her familiarity with characters like Rhodey after the time jump.

Yeah, my read is that its entirely possible Carol was a known entity between Infinity War and Endgame and basically the ray of hope for a lot of people as the woman who showed up out of nowhere to save Stark, help kill Thanos, and do whatever else she did. Then she's the massive battle shifting force in the Endgame battle. I don't think its hard to imagine that she'd be a huge cultural icon to many or at least one teenage girl even barring any direct affect. They can change that and it seems like they will change Kamala's origin unless they plan to majorly rehaul the Inhumans before then but I don't think it takes much work to keep the Carol thing if they want to.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Arist posted:

I'm still mad at ASM2 about Foxx's character. Dude clearly had mental issues and was portrayed sympathetically until whoops time for him to be a scary evil bad guy

Exactly yeah. I think the MCU Spiderman films are much more capable of treating their villains sympathetically, so I feel a bit optimistic about this.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, my read is that its entirely possible Carol was a known entity between Infinity War and Endgame and basically the ray of hope for a lot of people as the woman who showed up out of nowhere to save Stark, help kill Thanos, and do whatever else she did. Then she's the massive battle shifting force in the Endgame battle. I don't think its hard to imagine that she'd be a huge cultural icon to many or at least one teenage girl even barring any direct affect. They can change that and it seems like they will change Kamala's origin unless they plan to majorly rehaul the Inhumans before then but I don't think it takes much work to keep the Carol thing if they want to.

I fully expect them to completely ignore the Inhumans TV show and pretend it never happened, using Ms Marvel as the jumping off point for a do-over. Although it sounds like Eternals is kinda positioned to fill the spot in the MCU the Inhumans would have.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dacap posted:

I fully expect them to completely ignore the Inhumans TV show and pretend it never happened, using Ms Marvel as the jumping off point for a do-over. Although it sounds like Eternals is kinda positioned to fill the spot in the MCU the Inhumans would have.

For sure. There's nothing worth salvaging from that show and even if they really wanted to redo the royal family I don't anyone would care about recasting.

Then again there's also the terigenesis/Inhuman stuff established in Agents of Shield they could work in or ignore. I know its unlikely but I'd love to see Chloe Bennett used as Kamala's hands on mentor/peer as a companion to Carol's distant idolized hero mentor status. I think a lot could be done with that.

But I also know it won't happen.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There's no source on that article and marvel wouldn't comment, sounds unlikely

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I’m pretty certain none of the MCU TV beyond the DisneyPlus stuff is going to be included in the movies beyond that one Jarvis cameo.

Even the good Netflix shows are probably going to be considered non-continuity as there rumors they might introduce some Iron Fist stuff in Shang Chi. I wouldn’t be shocked at all if they introduce a new Daredevil down the line.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'm gonna say it. I liked ASM2 way better than 1. Garfield's character was better in the sequel and Foxx is at least memorably absurdly bad instead of just bad. The electricity fixes the gap in his teeth, I mean come on!

Dacap posted:

I assume this means they’re continuing multiverse shenanigans from the Dr Strange sequel?

That avatar loving rules, please tell me you have a bigger version.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

There's no source on that article and marvel wouldn't comment, sounds unlikely

It’s the Hollywood Reporter, it’s a legit trade, not a fan blog.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
ASM2 is really bad, why would they ever want to tread back into that?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

SonicRulez posted:

I'm gonna say it. I liked ASM2 way better than 1. Garfield's character was better in the sequel and Foxx is at least memorably absurdly bad instead of just bad. The electricity fixes the gap in his teeth, I mean come on!

That avatar loving rules, please tell me you have a bigger version.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Tom Holland can dance. Jamie Foxx can dance. We know how the final battle is going to go get down.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dacap posted:

I’m pretty certain none of the MCU TV beyond the DisneyPlus stuff is going to be included in the movies beyond that one Jarvis cameo.

Even the good Netflix shows are probably going to be considered non-continuity as there rumors they might introduce some Iron Fist stuff in Shang Chi. I wouldn’t be shocked at all if they introduce a new Daredevil down the line.

My guess is there's a chance once the shows are done and Marvel might be able to have full ownership of the future of the character. So like I could see Daredevil or Luke Cage or Punisher or Robbie Reyes entering the mix with very little reference to their pasts assuming there's no contractual ties. Agents of Shield is odd since its ABC so its still the same big umbrella. And Coulson is a movie guy who has returned. So I dunno. I'm not holding my breath but I don't think its beyond the realm of possibility and I don't think the past stuff really is indicative of what the future stuff will be. The circumstances have changed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I mean, Marvel has said there's a multiverse, so it's also very probable that it's this reality's Electro. Plus I'm fine with Foxx getting a do-over since ASM2 was really bad.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think that beyond the reality shift of MCU tv and referential material pre-Disney+ and post-Disney+ the X-Men acquisition also potentially is a big game changer, especially with Deadpool/Ryan Reynolds. All of a sudden what to do with that has to be decided one way or another and it makes sense for the multiverse to be on the table to explain that stuff. Plus you've got something like Crisis on Infinite Earth happening. And while I'm sure MCU doesn't care that much what the CW is doing it does show that people had a lot of fun with a big mashup of a dozen continuities and deep reaches so hell, if you want to use X-Men Quicksilver in WandaVision or ASM Electro in the next Spidey movie why not? We're having fun.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

STAC Goat posted:

For sure. There's nothing worth salvaging from that show and even if they really wanted to redo the royal family I don't anyone would care about recasting.

Then again there's also the terigenesis/Inhuman stuff established in Agents of Shield they could work in or ignore. I know its unlikely but I'd love to see Chloe Bennett used as Kamala's hands on mentor/peer as a companion to Carol's distant idolized hero mentor status. I think a lot could be done with that.

But I also know it won't happen.

If Marvel decides that Jamie Foxx can be Electro again with no relation to the other movie, they can also decide to introduce a character called Quake into the Marvel universe. But who would they cast? I'd suggest Chloe Bennett. Imagine if they did Bring quake in there but decide to recast her.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

There have been rumors about them bringing back the actor who played Netflix Daredevil for a future Daredevil Hulu thing, but everything is so much in flux with Covid I don’t know if that is still a possibility or not

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I have still never seen either Amazing Spider-Man movie. So sure, fine, it'll be new to me!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I don't know if that kind of thing is gonna happen. I'm just saying that people should let go of the old way of thinking that it won't happen because "MCU TV and Film is separate." That was about the rights being all over the place and different studios and networks making stuff. So just like Marvel Studios made continuity between the films a real possibility Disney+ makes continuity between tv and films much more possible as well, including because they can do stuff like push back Falcon/Winter Soldier because it might follow Black Widow and that's been pushed back. If Falcon/Winter Soldier was on Netflix that would be a problem.

So I don't know that its any more likely that Charlie Cox or Chloe Bennett will find their way to MCU films. But I do think it makes a bit more sense now than it did a year ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FlamingLiberal posted:

There have been rumors about them bringing back the actor who played Netflix Daredevil for a future Daredevil Hulu thing, but everything is so much in flux with Covid I don’t know if that is still a possibility or not

Charlie Cox has himself said he has zero hope of this ever happening. Very recently even.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

Charlie Cox has himself said he has zero hope of this ever happening. Very recently even.

That must break his heart. I've seen few people as hype for a role as Cox was for ol' Hornhead.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

That must break his heart. I've seen few people as hype for a role as Cox was for ol' Hornhead.

Yeah it didn't seem to be a happy remark. I'm looking for the quote right now. All the bullshit clickbait sites keep putting out poo poo like "DAREDEVIL TO RETURN IN SPIDER-MAN 3" but there's no way Disney put DD's MCU debut in a Sony film.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The only important takeaway from this announcement for me is that the odds of Tom Hardy's Venom being in the MCU just went up. :slick:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

It's be funny if the Foxx casting means the disney+ shows are going to be hard in continuity with the raimi films only

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Rhyno posted:

That sucks, I hadn’t seen that

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Dawgstar posted:

He got three seasons and a spin-off, and he's certainly game enough for Marvel to give him something else. Heck he'd make a pretty good Cyclops.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Dacap posted:

Jamie Foxx has been cast for the third MCU Spider-Man movie as ... Electro again?!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-3-jolt-jamie-foxx-returning-as-electro-exclusive

no loving way

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Scaramouche posted:

It's be funny if the Foxx casting means the disney+ shows are going to be hard in continuity with the raimi films only

I have had representatives from Hollywood point out that the movie the Electro character appeared in was part of the Webb directed franchise, and not the Raimi one.

We apologize for any misunderstanding.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
I'm guessing that Foxx returning, bizarre as it is, is no more multiverse-related than JK Simmons returning as JJJ. could be wrong though

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The MCU already brought back JK Simmons as JJJ, so why not Electro?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Because one character was iconic and the other was so bad we wish we could forget it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Foxx’s Electro ruled.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

You know I thought people were joking when they said the electric eels fixed Electro's gap in his teeth but nope.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't think its too hard to believe after Endgame Captain Marvel stayed on Earth and became a popular figure. They'd just have to had a line "Fury asked me to stay" and that's all you'd need.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

She had to find her flerken if nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

The worst part of the Jamie Foxx news was seeing Humberto Ramos tweet "now bring back Andrew Garfield". Goddammit Ramos.