Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You forgot 5: It's all a lie to garner sympathy. And he'll come out in 2 weeks cured thanks to Hydroxy-whatsit.

We can enjoy the schad though if it's true. Don't get drawn into the debate of "HOW DARE U LIB HAVE NO EMPATHY FOR ARE PRESIDENT BEING SICK" poo poo though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Manuel Calavera posted:

You forgot 5: It's all a lie to garner sympathy. And he'll come out in 2 weeks cured thanks to Hydroxy-whatsit.

We can enjoy the schad though if it's true. Don't get drawn into the debate of "HOW DARE U LIB HAVE NO EMPATHY FOR ARE PRESIDENT BEING SICK" poo poo though.

Suggesting he has the forethought, patience and discipline to pull off such a charade is the true conspiracy theory here

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A fair point, that. I still wouldn't put it past him though, unlikely as it may be.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
If he dies they’ll have to pick one of his kids to join Pence on the ticket. If we’re lucky it’s Eric.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

Manuel Calavera posted:

You forgot 5: It's all a lie to garner sympathy.

No you're right tho - it's entirely possible he didn't like how he looked in the debate, so now he's using an excuse to skip this next one. He then sits in his bunker and watches fox while eating fast food, then lies about how he's so healthy he beat the deadly chinese virus (which is no worse than a flu and is also not real) in only 4 days.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Pirate Radar posted:

If he dies they’ll have to pick one of his kids to join Pence on the ticket. If we’re lucky it’s Eric.

Can't they pick whoever? Like isn't it basically the electors and all that which it comes down to?
Actually, I'm legit unsure. Is this like the Holy Roman Empire where the electors could technically elect someone who hasn't even announced their candidacy (although unlike the HRE, obviously must be a citizen over 35).

EDIT: Like putting aside all the logical and realistic reasons why it would never happen, is there any law that says the electoral college can't unanimously vote for Joe Smith from Wisconsin as president, assuming Joe is a natural born citizen over the age of 35?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Chris Wallace said before the debate that everyone up there had been tested for COVID prior to the debate. I find it incredibly odd that Donny Dipshit would have actually contracted COVID in the span of, what, one day?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Dirk the Average posted:

Chris Wallace said before the debate that everyone up there had been tested for COVID prior to the debate. I find it incredibly odd that Donny Dipshit would have actually contracted COVID in the span of, what, one day?

Considering the White House tried to hide this news and considering Trump is Trump, how do we know that Trump and friends didn't just lie and say they tested him? I mean the test is unpleasant and Trump is both a child and someone who believes the disease isn't even real. Why is he going to submit himself to routine unpleasantness to find out if he has a made-up disease that even if he did have it and even if it was real, would just be a cold.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Literally Esoteric posted:

No you're right tho - it's entirely possible he didn't like how he looked in the debate, so now he's using an excuse to skip this next one. He then sits in his bunker and watches fox while eating fast food, then lies about how he's so healthy he beat the deadly chinese virus (which is no worse than a flu and is also not real) in only 4 days.

This sounds like coward's talk that a loser would follow but TRUMP won't because he's POWERFUL and BRAVE and IN CONTROL. He DID GREAT at the debates.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Dirk the Average posted:

You can test negative while the infection is in an early stage because there isn’t enough of it in your body yet to give you symptoms or be detectable in your fluids.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Very first thing I thought of, sadly. Not sure if that says more about me or Trump tbh.

A while back, I suggested he might pull a "Bob Roberts" if he's trailing the polls (in the movie, Roberts fakes a an attempt on his life)

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

We can vary correctly say that there should be (or should have been) a plan in case the president gets sick. Pence should continue the campaign if he can't, Pence should run the country if he can't. poo poo doesn't stop happening just because the President is sick, they should have a plan.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

BiggerBoat posted:

Very first thing I thought of, sadly. Not sure if that says more about me or Trump tbh.

A while back, I suggested he might pull a "Bob Roberts" if he's trailing the polls (in the movie, Roberts fakes a an attempt on his life)

*Never* go full Bob Roberts.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/TravisAllen02/status/1311937044562804742

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
My local RW radio douche is theorizing that Hope Hicks contracted it from Biden while being around the democrats and why isn't the media discussing that possibility?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Rip Testes posted:

My local RW radio douche is theorizing that Hope Hicks contracted it from Biden while being around the democrats and why isn't the media discussing that possibility?

Could they take responsibility once in their loving lives?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Wait, are you telling me the "party of personal responsibility" has never once taken responsibility for their actions? :monocle:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
"Maybe she ate her own face" says leopard.

Random Words
Jan 21, 2015

This is actually pretty telling. Not only that he's wearing a mask in all the pictures, but that it's phrased, "After traveling with Hope Hicks." It's HER fault you guys, SHE is the diseased one! Not our Dear Immortal Leader Who Isn't Sick Anyway!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Random Words posted:

This is actually pretty telling. Not only that he's wearing a mask in all the pictures, but that it's phrased, "After traveling with Hope Hicks." It's HER fault you guys, SHE is the diseased one! Not our Dear Immortal Leader Who Isn't Sick Anyway!

The troops just find her too drat huggable.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1311985641194958849

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Random Words posted:

Looks like a lovely photoshop anyway the more I look at it.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

I feel like this irresponsibly reinforcing the idea to Fox viewers that masks are useless.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

And...there it is.

Expect a lot more of this moving forward.

https://twitter.com/kloeffler/status/1312018923420778496?s=21

Or backward I guess.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Liberal she-devil Ginsburg died as part of a clever demonrat plan to have Trump deliver a Supreme Court nomination to a tightly packed crowd who wanted to get close and shake hands.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Liberal she-devil Ginsburg died as part of a clever demonrat plan to have Trump deliver a Supreme Court nomination to a tightly packed crowd who wanted to get close and shake hands.

God...I didn't even think of that.

*tabs over to FB or Infowars*

Seriously, I give it a week (or maybe just through the weekend) before we start hearing that this virus, which was a hoax anyway and no big deal, was really a secret weaponized attack on specific people (Trump) conjured up by THE LORD SOROS right during the election and "what a coincidence, hmmmmm?" bullshit to start if hasn't already. Insert Hillary and Obama in there somewhere because of course they're involved. The pieces all fit, "it's the only way they could stop him" and it's plain as day they colluded with China, etc.

Watch.

And these dumb dumbs will believe it even though it's been the left begging Trump and his cronies to mask up and take this seriously.

Expect more stupid poo poo like this very soon

https://twitter.com/DeAnna4Congress...pagenumber%3D12

LOL, no, not really, lady. SInce one side of the aisle calls this a hoax, acts like it's no big deal and willfully refuses to take precautions to prevent it mostly out of childish Freedom Spite. Not really all that odd tbh but don't let that stop anyone.

Also, what's up with all the Avatar uh....avatars...I'm seeing lately? It's very confusing since I always associate the goon with the avatar rather than the user name and I keep thinking one dude is posting 200x a day.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

BiggerBoat posted:

Also, what's up with all the Avatar uh....avatars...I'm seeing lately? It's very confusing since I always associate the goon with the avatar rather than the user name and I keep thinking one dude is posting 200x a day.

There's a "Not That Avatar" thread over in Sci-fi Wi-fi, and for at least a little while someone was awarding Avatar avatars to anyone who posted in it.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Manuel Calavera posted:

Finally following through on actually dying to own the libs

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Anyone notice that the people calling the virus a hoax ar getting the virus more than the people taking it seriously? its all obviously a plot by the side taking it seriously to control the side taking it not seriously.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Or sweet, sweet nature finding a way.

:coronatoot:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

GOP?FOX News logic

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1312193205098569729?s=20

God drat. Tucker making a run at Hannity's title for "most punchable face"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

BiggerBoat posted:

GOP?FOX News logic

This seems to be a Florida GOP thing, because you had Gov DeSantis also saying that he now regrets closing schools in March.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

GOP?FOX News logic

If it wasn't going to get other people killed I would be quite happy to see the Republicans stupid themselves to death.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

quote:

RUSH: President Trump has a 99% chance of a full recovery. That took me aback, because I have been under the belief that President Trump, as somebody who’s over 65… By the way, he’s not obese. They’re trying to say that he’s obese. He’s overweight, but he’s not that obese.
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/10/02/if-i-had-a-medal-to-give-donald-trump-id-give-him-one/

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone else think old, skinny Rush bears a striking resemblance to Jim Bakker?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

BiggerBoat posted:

GOP?FOX News logic

Why does he always look like a confused toddler lost in a supermarket?

This isn't meant as a joke either, he's making a choice to pull that face and he does it all the time, whether he's agreeing with what the person's saying or not.

EDIT: Also JFC, Trump put 0% effort into social distancing. What are they even talking about?

Christ, I don't even live there and still I'm furious.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I always like "Looks like a dog being shown a magic trick"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The man is pushing 3 bills lmao

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Dirk the Average posted:

Chris Wallace has had more to say on this subject.

quote:

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace said President Trump did not arrive in Cleveland ahead of the first presidential debate in time to get tested in Ohio before the event took place.

Wallace, who served as the moderator for the event, said the president "didn't arrive until Tuesday afternoon" in Cleveland to face off against Democratic nominee Joe Biden. The time of the debate was Tuesday at 9 p.m.

The timing of the arrival did not allow enough time for the president to be tested for the virus there and receive a result, according to the anchor.

"The difference was I arrived on Sunday, you arrived on Monday,” Wallace told fellow Fox News colleague Bill Hemmer.

“[The Trump family] didn’t arrive until Tuesday afternoon. So for them to get tested, there wouldn’t have been enough time to have the test and have the debate at 9:00 that night. They didn’t show up until 3:00, 4:00, 5:00 in the afternoon. There was an honor system when it came to the people that came into the hall from the two campaigns.”

...it goes on.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

:911:

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1313077048039092225?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
TL;DR: Rush bitches about the discussion of 25thing Trump because he's totally drugged up to hide his illness while simultaneously a walking biohazard, takes a rather long segue to whine about how conservatives are persecuted in the media, dips his toe into the conspiracy that White House reporters that are infected with COVID-19 as a result of the administrations non-existent precautions are fake, then caps it off with some good old fashioned misogyny.

quote:

RUSH: David Axelrod, who was part of the coup from the Obama administration and Biden, part of the coup that operated for four years and still is, in my estimation, trying to get rid of the president, tweeted — and I referenced this mere moments ago: “If the president is taking a steroid –” this is dexamethasone “– that sometimes produces wild mood swings, shouldn’t he surrender authority to the vice president under the 25th Amendment?”

See how this all works? This is all done in coordination with the media. I just watched a little bit of CNN during the top-of-the-hour break, and they got Jim Acosta. And you would think there might be just a twinge of compassion for Kayleigh McEnany. You might think. But you would be deadly wrong. There’s nothing but long-knive hatred.

Jim Acosta, he’s out there saying that she is the spokesperson for the United States of America. That’s how you have to see here. She’s the spokesperson for the president. That makes her the spokesperson for the United States. And she has been putting people’s lives at risk by not wearing the mask and by not taking other precautions. People have come in contact with other journalists and so forth, and she has been putting their lives at risk.

And then he went on to describe how the communications office in the West Wing is deserted because everybody in there has been sent home because they’ve either got it or they don’t want ’em to get it. Meaning COVID-19. I mean, the hatred and the viciousness. You know what I don’t understand, folks? I really don’t understand this. And I don’t think I ever will understand.

I do not understand how the undisguised sheer mean-spiritedness of the mainstream media the past four years is not seen for what it is by average, ordinary Americans who consume that crap — i.e., watch it or read it. I’ll never understand this. You know, my entire career for 32 years plus, I’ve been told, “You gotta be real careful, Rush, you gotta very careful how you say things. You don’t want people to hate you. You don’t want people to misunderstand.”

Apparently, being hated is something very easy for us conservatives to do, and we have to make sure, we have to go the extra mile to make sure that what we do is not seen as bigotry and hatred and racism and homophobia and anti-women, anti-black. But yet these people can amplify, they can brag about, they can exude full-fledged hatred as the normal order of their day, and nobody calls them on it, nobody describes it that way.

It is extremely frustrating. I’m sure you’d have to agree. These people never get called on it. I never run into anybody who watches the Drive-By Media who ever concludes, “Man, these people are filled with hatred.” Now, I see the polls and I see the stories that they’re the least respected business on earth. I see that. But people still watch it even though they say they don’t. The unmistakable hatred.

And it isn’t just for Trump. It’s for all of us. The hatred for you. The hatred for me. You are deplorables. I am who I am. Sean Hannity is who he is. All of us conservatives are to one extent or another hatemongers. We’re racists. We’re bigots. We are none of the sort. They are. They are the exact same things they accuse us of being. They put it on display, and they don’t even hide it.
But the abject hatred that these people exhibit and engage in in the normal course of their jobs, how it is not seen, how the people that watch CNN — maybe they do. I don’t know, maybe this is why CNN’s ratings are as low as they are. I don’t know.

Even if people see them that way, CNN doesn’t care. They’re not altering or changing the way they go about the way they do business. In fact, it’s getting worse. But to me — and I know this is so unrealistic, but I’m gonna say it anyway. To me, if you watch the mainstream media and you watch all of the undisguised hatred for Donald Trump — and it’s not just the reporters. It’s every guest they get, every person they get to talk about Donald Trump or his administration or his accomplishments. It’s nothing but raw hatred. It just amazes me that it does not convince more people to support him or to oppose what CNN supposedly stands for.

Like back to Axelrod. “If the president is taking a steroid” — this back to dexamethasone here — “If the president’s taking a steroid that sometimes produces wild mood swings, shouldn’t he surrender authority to the vice president under the 25th Amendment?” Mr. Axelrod, could we get a list of the medications your client’s taking, Joe Biden? Could we get a list of meds this guy is on? He’s suffering from a stage or two of dementia. But we’re not told what meds he’s taking. They put another lid on the campaign at nine or so this morning. So Biden is nowhere to be seen. There is no contact with Biden.

Do you realize that Donald Trump, with the COVID virus, is more active and more engaging with the American people than Joe Biden is, who does not have the COVID virus. Now, stop and think of that. (interruption) Oh, no, no. I’m dead serious. For my whole career I’ve been told, “You gotta watch it, Rush. You gotta be very careful. You cannot make people think you hate. ‘Cause you already got two strikes against you. You’re a conservative.”

And I never do. I don’t hate anybody or anything, and I’ve never, never portrayed it. And yet I come in here every day with two strikes against me. The Drive-By Media and the left says that’s my normal state. Whereas it is theirs. And they are not called out on it. They don’t seem to be harmed by it. (interruption) Yeah, you might say it’s the epitome of unfairness, yeah, but, you know, I’m the guy that says there’s no such thing as fairness anyway. So to fall back on that is I think a waste. People do react to fairness. I mean, depending on who’s talking about it, you can make some political hay with it, but doesn’t seem like we can.

Mollie Hemingway has tweeted: “Who are the three White House reporters who tested positive?” Last week it was reported three White House reporters tested positive for COVID-19. Since then, there has been no information on this. Who are they? “How are they doing? When were they diagnosed? What was their testing protocol? Do we know how they got it and who they may have transmitted it to? Are there stories out there that I’m missing?”

She’s raising an excellent point here. You got three White House reporters that came down with COVID-19, and you can’t find another word about it. You can’t find people they’ve infected. You can’t find out whether they were wearing masks or not. No. But every one of these drat Trump people, every aspect of their behavior has come under the microscope and has been reported, including this abject lie that dexamethasone causes wild mood swings.

Medicines react differently in everybody. I’m not a doctor. I don’t pretend to be a doctor. I have taken dexamethasone. It’s not resulted in mood swings. It was not given to me for COVID-19 reasons. It was given to me to counteract chemo side effects. And I can’t even tell you whether it worked or not. Because I had no actual awareness of any significant change.

So when I hear that it can cause massive mood swings, well, hell, have you ever looked at your average over-the-counter drug, looked at all the potential things that can go wrong, including that this could kill you? There isn’t a drug out there that doesn’t cause potentially bad side effects. But the ones the president is on, oh, my God, these could cause him to have to transfer power under the 25th Amendment. (interruption) Yeah, I know. I keep waiting for there to be some payback for the media and the Democrats for the attitudes, for the things they have done, you know, the price that they should be paying for the lying, the deceit.

They ran that four-year coup. They refused to accept the election results. They spied on Trump. They denied him civil rights and human rights, did everything they could to get him thrown out of office, phony impeachments. If anybody ever deserved comeuppance, if anybody ever deserved a providential strike from on high, it’s these people. Man, are they owed big time. But I’d settle for people just abandoning them. I would settle for their audiences telling them to go to hell.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Say, I have been told I — and I think it’s pretty much accurate — I’ve been told that menopause, PMS, can cause drastic mood swings. Right? So if that’s the case, maybe we shouldn’t have any women presidents, say, under the age of 60.

Well, I mean, if we’re gonna suggest that we gotta transfer power to Pence because Trump is taking a steroid that might cause mood swings, therefor we gotta avoid mood swings, well, what causes mood swings? I don’t think there’s any doubt out there that menopause does. And, what, Kamala Harris is 55. So, as far as I’m concerned, she disqualified. Disqualified. She can’t ever become president. Mood swings.
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/10/05/axelrod-trump-must-hand-power-to-pence-because-of-dexamathasone-mood-swings/
Yep, those dastardly Democrats sure enacted a coupe against the Republicans by accepting the election results in 2016 and peacefully transferring power so your bloated rear end could bitch endlessly about it :jerkbag:

Go gently caress yourself.