Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Not enough digits, too many for (how most people write) non-020 numbers.

Correct number for a US local call tho

Edit: 1965, Canada gets a new flag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
I'm not usually one for judging people by their looks but there is definitely some correlation between being a lovely politician and looking like a plastic bag full of boiled ham.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
On a whim decided to see if there were any IDLES tickets for their show at the Portsmouth Guildhall next year and managed to snag myself one, so there is finally something for me to look forward to

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

winegums posted:

Sounds like it's one of those "nod and tick the boxes" teaching sessions, where any sort of critical thinking or challenging of what's put forward triggers the "independent thought" alarm.

Part of the reason I actively refuse to do PREVENT training.

I got called up because the company does these "short internships" which 100% are just 2 months of paying the failchildren of management to walk around the offices and pad their CVs and take a wage before loving off. I said that if we publically advertised those "short internship" positions, which we're all just pretending are legit and not nepotism, to people in the local community then it would inevitably lead to more PoC being involved in the company and would maybe even increase the retainment of those positions beyond literally zero.

Thinking nepotism is bad and opportunities should be afforded to people that aren't universally white scion children is racism apparently, it's all very coherent and definitely isn't a crock of shite.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Hiring the one Ghanaian accountant from your golf circle - progressive and anti-racist.
Hiring the best 10 applicants from your nearest 40% BAME council estate - very racist.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

feedmegin posted:

Correct number for a US local call tho

Edit: 1965, Canada gets a new flag

I mean that's not much use to add to graffiti about British politics on a TfL bus stop.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Guavanaut posted:

Hiring the one Ghanaian accountant from your golf circle - progressive and anti-racist.
Hiring the best 10 applicants from your nearest 40% BAME council estate - very racist.

Hiring the best six Ghanaian dancers you can find as pallbearers for a Tory's funeral - progressive, anti-racist and funny.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm still counting that as the top missed opportunity of 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmuWnKqOo5c

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Jedit posted:

Hiring the best six Ghanaian dancers you can find as pallbearers for a Tory's funeral - progressive, anti-racist and funny.

I want those lads at my funeral.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Trump's got the 'roni lol.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Pistol_Pete posted:

Next debate appearance : wearing specially engineered ventilator barnacled to his face

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
it would be absolutely typical for him to be completely fine despite his age and generally horrid health, but I hope I'm wrong and he dies

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Paperhouse posted:

it would be absolutely typical for him to be completely fine despite his age and generally horrid health, but I hope I'm wrong and he dies

The American public are painfully patriotic, and would see this as their duty to vote for Pence, at least by enough to get Pence elected, especially when the Dems have been so laser focused on trump being the issue.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Someone was posting in the USpol thread that Bojo and Bolsonaro both had short term popularity bumps from getting the disease. Depending on severity the same might happen in the US I guess.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If he dies will they cancel the Borat sequel? :ohdear:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Beefeater1980 posted:

Someone was posting in the USpol thread that Bojo and Bolsonaro both had short term popularity bumps from getting the disease. Depending on severity the same might happen in the US I guess.

Boris at least has a basic level of likeability, outside of his base Americans loving hate Trump.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Back when Boris got it there was this feeling of "we're all in this together" being actually true for this tiny shred of a moment in history. Trump has none of that now. He and others have newspeaked the entire concept of 'together' out of american parlance.

The only bump that could happen for him is if he fucks off and leaves Pence acting president for the rest of the election. That could be really, really bad for biden.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pistol_Pete posted:

Guavanaut posted:

I'm still counting that as the top missed opportunity of 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmuWnKqOo5c

Perhaps that was just the teaser?

I mean it definitely is either way, either he dies, or bojo surviving is definitely not the biggest missed opportunity of 2020.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Oct 2, 2020

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Not entirely sure he does have it or if this is a way to distract from his awful debate performance and keep him out of the spotlight for a while.

If he does, hope he dies but 2020 isn’t kind

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Octolady posted:

Not entirely sure he does have it or if this is a way to distract from his awful debate performance and keep him out of the spotlight for a while.

:tinfoil:

:tipshat:

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Never before have I rooted so hard for this virus.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Octolady posted:

If he does, hope he dies but 2020 isn’t kind

I don't know. He lives for the spotlight, and loves holding his little Nazi rallies more than anything. I don't know if faking sickness and weakness are typical fascist moves either - unless the intention is for him to have no symptoms and have actually become stronger and braver because of the virus.

If anything I can see his campaign team suggesting that he step back but him refusing. Hell I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he insisted on holding a rally this week anyway.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The weirder outcome is if he survives but ends up super hosed up by it and they have to decide what to do with him.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

OwlFancier posted:

The weirder outcome is if he survives but ends up super hosed up by it and they have to decide what to do with him.

As if they wouldn’t just continue pretending there isn’t already something wrong with him lmao.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ObamaAkbar. posted:

As if they wouldn’t just continue pretending there isn’t already something wrong with him lmao.

That's one option, but vegetable trump or mike pence as being the more likely to win the election is an interesting choice :v:

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

stev posted:

I don't know. He lives for the spotlight, and loves holding his little Nazi rallies more than anything. I don't know if faking sickness and weakness are typical fascist moves either - unless the intention is for him to have no symptoms and have actually become stronger and braver because of the virus.

If anything I can see his campaign team suggesting that he step back but him refusing. Hell I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he insisted on holding a rally this week anyway.

Fair point actually. I’m definitely just being paranoid but I’m too pessimistic I suppose

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Yeah, you could imagine Boris faking it 'cos running away when things get tough is something that he's often done in the past.

By contrast, Trump lives for being the center of attention: trying to weasel out of rallies and tv appearances would be hugely alien to his character.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I hope hes got someone to do his shopping and stuff for him.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

keep punching joe posted:

Boris at least has a basic level of likeability, outside of his base Americans loving hate Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9b7wmRsy9g

OwlFancier posted:

That's one option, but vegetable trump or mike pence as being the more likely to win the election is an interesting choice :v:

That's where the 26th Amendment gets invoked. Pence automatically becomes President if Trump is rendered permanently incapable, and because he will have served less than two years he'd get two full terms of his own.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Oct 2, 2020

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Going back to UK politics, does anyone remember a month or so ago when Parliament voted to block members from voting remotely, effectively discriminating against vulnerable MPs and disenfranchising possible thousands of people and it got like one day of coverage? What ever happened with that?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

jiggerypokery posted:

Back when Boris got it there was this feeling of "we're all in this together" being actually true for this tiny shred of a moment in history. Trump has none of that now. He and others have newspeaked the entire concept of 'together' out of american parlance.

https://twitter.com/maddow/status/1311898510699134977

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jedit posted:

That's where the 26th Amendment gets invoked. Pence automatically becomes President if Trump is rendered permanently incapable, and because he will have served less than two years he'd get two full terms of his own.

Sure, yes, but trump is likely to be incapacitated or not before the election so it's going to be potentially interesting to see how they handle that. Also depends on whether he's incapacitated enough for it to be unavoidable.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Libs gonna lib.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I would imagine that trump thinks that people that catch covid do so because of personal weakness. Like how the soldiers that die in war are "losers". I very much doubt he would fake this.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
My own relentlessly forensic breakdown of the current US political situation: :lol:

Subscribe for more top political analysis!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Joe Biden = Be Joined = die en JoB

:tinfoil: :mason:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9b7wmRsy9g

25th, but it doesn't cope gracefully with the lame duck period between election and inauguration, so I'm taking that as my prediction using the ever-reliable "what's the single dumbest loving thing that could happen?" prediction criteria.

(incidentally the first suggestion you get when you start typing "26th a" into wiki is the 26th Adult Video Network Awards. Never change, nerds, never change)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

(incidentally the first suggestion you get when you start typing "26th a" into wiki is the 26th Adult Video Network Awards. Never change, nerds, never change)

OwlFancier posted:

Perhaps that was just the teaser?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I can't believe I haven't seen the dancing funeral gif even once yet today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Marmaduke! posted:

I can't believe I haven't seen the dancing funeral gif even once yet today

I'm building a rapid response gif folder for Trump Death Day - we got Ghanaian funeral guys, crab dance, M Bison rejoicing. All your favourites are here!