Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Gripweed posted:

I just heard that they were bringing back an old toyline that I loved as a kid and got very excited, only to be very disappointed that when they said "bringing back" they mean releasing some army men type figures completely different from the original toys. I'm phrasing it that way so no one here will hear the name of the toy line and get very excited only to be disappointed why they see the product like I was. I have spoilered the image because, frankly, it's very disappointing. You don't have to look if you don't want to.

That is terrible. Those were by far my favorite toyline as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

I had to heat up the hands to put them on as well. It don't like the ankles, but as far as complaints go its pretty minor. I think its an older fig rereleased (barrett too) so I expect the rest of the line to be a bit better.

I was trying to find reviews that would compare version 1and 2, out of curiosity, which is how I ended up finding that guy that scraped the hell out of his sword. Most of the videos are in Japanese but I think they re-engineered his hips a little, did a new head sculpt, and made the hair translucent, which some people don’t like but I think looks great. I don’t know if they have made any changes to Barrett, but that one was also released a few years ago.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I wish that Sister of Battle had an unmasked head with that awful haircut; I prefer that look. Has it been mentioned if there's gonna be an unpainted one?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

radlum posted:

I wish that Sister of Battle had an unmasked head with that awful haircut; I prefer that look. Has it been mentioned if there's gonna be an unpainted one?

They’ve done an unpainted of the other two molds so I’m sure they’ll do the same with her.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Lmaoooooo saving my dollars instead of buying cool new dino riders toys

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Rhyno posted:

AND SO THE TRUTH FINALLY COMES OUT

I don’t know what you refer to

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Man, I just discovered that there's not one, but at least two companies out there making sexy Arcee variants or accessories.

One's a literal new robot with some kinda car transformation, and even comes with replacement boobs that are squishy.

One is a literal 4 pack of squishy boobs in various sizes too go on your regular Arcee figure, with bonus chest plate lifting action so she can flash, your other anime statues I guess?

It's 3am and I dunno what the gently caress to do with this information other than share it so others can be confused with me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Really leaning towards jumping in the truck tomorrow and going to a toy show near Dayton.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Man, I just discovered that there's not one, but at least two companies out there making sexy Arcee variants or accessories.

One's a literal new robot with some kinda car transformation, and even comes with replacement boobs that are squishy.

One is a literal 4 pack of squishy boobs in various sizes too go on your regular Arcee figure, with bonus chest plate lifting action so she can flash, your other anime statues I guess?

It's 3am and I dunno what the gently caress to do with this information other than share it so others can be confused with me.

The least you could do is provide links.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nooo, you don't want this.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Really leaning towards jumping in the truck tomorrow and going to a toy show near Dayton.

In pre-pandemic times I'd been hitting up the one in Fairborn, but I haven't been to this one. If you go and don't die let us know!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So the vintage-sized Joes are showing up in Wal-Mart, is that right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

In pre-pandemic times I'd been hitting up the one in Fairborn, but I haven't been to this one. If you go and don't die let us know!

We're planning on going to the Kane county show at the end of the month, this is just a random jaunt. But there's two other things in the vicinity we want to check out.

So maybe!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Look, I get being super excited about toys, and going to a store is one thing, but you really should not go to an event with lots of people right now, dude.

Just eBay that poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

EBgames in Canada had the Pulsecon exclusives briefly, though only the Logan/Xavier set and Ghostbusters Tully thing are left. Significantly cheaper than buying through Pulse, and also available in Quebec.

Also available much sooner if the ship dates are to be believed.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Look, I get being super excited about toys, and going to a store is one thing, but you really should not go to an event with lots of people right now, dude.

Just eBay that poo poo.

Seriously, even with a mask it doesn't mean you're fully protected. Avoid big crowds, especially with numbers increasing as they are.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
But what if I WANT to die

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Seriously, even with a mask it doesn't mean you're fully protected. Avoid big crowds, especially with numbers increasing as they are.

Yeah it's important to remember a mask is mitigation, not protection.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, that's the rumor. Although I've yet to see a single one.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

But what if I WANT to die

I can arrange that, and your toys will be well taken care of

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sidebar:

I really don't understand how anyone can enjoy Retroblasting's content. Michael is just such a fuckin prick.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Yeah, that's the rumor. Although I've yet to see a single one.

While I was able to pick up He-Man and Skeletor this week, I never saw in any of my Wal-Marts The Real Ghostbusters Retros or the Retro Empire Strikes Back Kenner figs

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Dawgstar posted:

Yes. I found a lone Snake Eyes at mine about two weeks ago. He's quite good, but I'm confused why a ninja would need SO MUCH gear. Like, you can't be stealthy and carry that much crap.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Davros1 posted:

While I was able to pick up He-Man and Skeletor this week, I never saw in any of my Wal-Marts The Real Ghostbusters Retros or the Retro Empire Strikes Back Kenner figs

I saw a single TRG Slimer. Pixel Dan did a video about how bad distribution is on that but I won't link it because it sounds like he won't flip on Megadickbag Toys so I don't want him to get ad clicks until he changes his mind.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Rhyno posted:

I saw a single TRG Slimer. Pixel Dan did a video about how bad distribution is on that but I won't link it because it sounds like he won't flip on Megadickbag Toys so I don't want him to get ad clicks until he changes his mind.

Dang. Sucks that he's more concerned about his own $$$ than standing up to the company that's very publically dicking over its customers. He can do better.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

I got an add for that thing on Instagram the other day and couldn't believe it was a real thing. Why does a transformer have tits?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Even the official design's color scheme is made to imply.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dunno off should mention it, but factory entertainment had life sized prop replicas of stuff for sale, such as Skeletor's staff from the cartoon. It's up for pre order now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dunno off should mention it, but factory entertainment had life sized prop replicas of stuff for sale, such as Skeletor's staff from the cartoon. It's up for pre order now.

Just the staff is up. I can live without that, I just need the sword.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sword's coming later this year I believe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wonder how long until there is a cheap KO. Most large cons have a dozen places to buy weapons at and they all stock the same Zelda and Thundercats swords. Hell like 15 years ago I bought a weird semi-replica of Skeletor's 200X sword. It was super lovely and only had one half of the blade but it was clear what it had been modeled after. Wish I'd hung on to it.

As for going to a con.

I have a lot of poo poo going on in my life right now. I've been trying to get into regular therapy with little success and the real world outside of my house and job is loving SOUL CRUSHING. I've been out in public plenty in the last few weeks, my paranoia and hatred of people has kept me distant from everyone. I kind of need to go do something for myself or I'm worried about my mental health.

And besides, you jerks told me to drive to fuckin Jersey.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Stay home and play with your unending mountain of toys, and revert back to a child-like state.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Get massively into weight lifting and turn yourself into a life size He Man figure.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Get massively into weight lifting and turn yourself into a life size He Man figure.

This.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Rhyno posted:

As for going to a con.

I have a lot of poo poo going on in my life right now. I've been trying to get into regular therapy with little success and the real world outside of my house and job is loving SOUL CRUSHING. I've been out in public plenty in the last few weeks, my paranoia and hatred of people has kept me distant from everyone. I kind of need to go do something for myself or I'm worried about my mental health.

And besides, you jerks told me to drive to fuckin Jersey.

Oh believe me, I absolutely get it. I’m used to being super social and going out with friends three or four times a week and now the best I can do is the occasional online game or zoom call with them. It loving sucks being isolated from your support group and toys have become a very easy source of retail therapy to supplant that this year. But you still have to be careful about this poo poo and right now crowds are a big risk. Castle Greyskull ain’t worth myocarditis or impaired lung function or worse.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
But Buzz Saw Hordak might be worth it.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

These both rule.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Rhyno posted:

But Buzz Saw Hordak might be worth it.

We might be having a Weekend at Bernie’s scenario with the President soon. So who know what’s happening in this country. Do what makes you happy! Take that from someone who feels like he got backed over everyday by customers for being a essential worker and not getting poo poo for it.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

So Target doesn't have a listing for the new cobra Infantry figure thats coming outin wave 3. What do you guys think are the chances that they will continue to stock the cobra island trooper instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

What’s the answer that makes people the most mad.