Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

EdsTeioh posted:

It's such a good kit. Here's a pic of mine; this was the first kit I ever finished, so it's got issues, but I like it.

This looks awesome! I especially like the downward rust on the turret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
drat, so SAGA really is just that good huh.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Cassa posted:

drat, so SAGA really is just that good huh.

It's a really great game but what makes you say that

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Mostly it's the simplicity of the rules, the ease of army construction and the thematic genius of the battleboards.

My mate and I bought armies on the 25th of Sept, and had them tabletop ready by the next friday. I need to base mine, still.

Honestly the main thing about it, is it's refreshing in how streamlined and well written the rules are.

Picts vs Goths

Ordenstaat vs Crusaders

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Cassa posted:

Mostly it's the simplicity of the rules, the ease of army construction and the thematic genius of the battleboards.
That's a succint as hell review of the game.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
The main thing my mate and I stumbled over, was being trained to look for complexities and expect mistakes, when no. The game is just that clearly written and specific.
Sure it's got an FAQ that cleans things up, no game is perfect, but mannnnn. It's close.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Zuul the Cat posted:

This looks awesome! I especially like the downward rust on the turret.

Thanks! I was really proud of that. Just simple oil streaking and the first time I ever used it. Yours is rad also!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Has anyone tried the Punic Wars era saga yet?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Zuul the Cat posted:

Finished up my first Tiger I

That is a very good Tiger!

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Der Shovel posted:

That is a very good Tiger!
It's G-R-R-R-R-R-eat!

:dadjoke:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

People on Facebook have been raving about it and the armies look really neat

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I thought it was still pre-order only.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Class Warcraft posted:

I thought it was still pre-order only.

My local saga pusher ordered it but haven’t received it yet.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Wargames Atlantic's doing plastic WW2 stuff, starting with partisans! :toot:

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Oct 4, 2020

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Holy poo poo! Finally!

Also

quote:

WW1 French will be previewed soon
:dance::france::dance:

Still waiting on Victrix to release their WWI line, but wow!

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
I’ve found WA stuff to be a bit subpar in quality, but I have to respect their hustle. They’ve pumped out a ton of kits this past year and they’re giving people what they want and filling long-neglected niches in the market.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

WA have put out more plastic kits this year than like all other historical manufacturers combined, it’s nuts.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

They're like Wargames Factory was ten years ago, just weirder. Napoleonic Spanish? Here, have some. Persian infantry? Fits the theme. Time-travelling French? No problem. Mutated sci-fi laser spiders? Sure, have a box, it is in no way a strange development of our miniature range.

That said I totally want to get some of the halflings and make a small detachment for my clubmate's Warhammer Empire army.

E:

This month I'll try to paint up all my regimental artillery for the French. 12 crew members are done before, I painted these four this weekend, and 21 remains. Then there are 6 guns to build and paint.

I love the guy in blue with the unbuttoned jacket, he just looks like he's fed up shooting kaiserliks for today.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 4, 2020

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
I want some of those fuckin' spiders. Spiders were in WW2 right?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

spectralent posted:

I want some of those fuckin' spiders. Spiders were in WW2 right?

I'm pretty confident that spider-carried LMG teams were a thing.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

Class Warcraft posted:

WA have put out more plastic kits this year than like all other historical manufacturers combined, it’s nuts.

It's just rough that two of those -- Achaemenid Persians and Afghans -- came out right around the same time as the exact same, far superior kits released by Victrix and Perry Miniatures, respectively. If there's no alternative, their kits look pretty good; but when you can compare them directly to competitors' products, the hasty production definitely shows.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
The Space French are pretty dang nice though.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Arquinsiel posted:

The Space French are pretty dang nice though.

I can attest to that, having built and painted two from the free sampler.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Yvonmukluk posted:

Wargames Atlantic's doing plastic WW2 stuff, starting with partisans! :toot:

Just in time for starting my GURPS Jedburg outing :getin: thanks!

lilljonas posted:

I'm pretty confident that spider-carried LMG teams were a thing.

I always wanted a technomancer arab strap game with flying carpets toting machine guns

Tias fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Oct 5, 2020

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Tias posted:

I always wanted a technomancer arab strap game with flying carpets toting machine guns

Sopwith Camelhair?

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

GotLag posted:

Sopwith Camelhair?

9 Kelimeter for lyfe, yo

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
How many people even make plastic 28mm Great War, especially for anyone that isn't the germans and brits?

Sure sucks still being broke from covid while having so much drat time I could spend on hobby, and seeing models I've wanted for ages (plastic french, punic wars saga, forever siren song of napoleonics) rolling out.

If y'all ever start hearing about a wargaming miniatures bandit on the news, that's me.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

punic wars saga

That's supposed to be available today, but I don't see a way to order it. It's listed as "out of stock" with no option to pre-order.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
I still don't get why they have never offered PDFs of their rules.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was talking with Class Warcraft about how much I want to build & paint up some Samurai.

Anyone know if there's an official one coming or homemade Saga: Age of the Daimyo?

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Springfield Fatts posted:

I still don't get why they have never offered PDFs of their rules.

I think they're trying to prevent their battle boards from getting pirated, but it's kind of a pain in the rear end for people that don't have a local gaming store nearby. I'd happily pay them and print the boards myself if given the option.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Dumb as balls considering that the boards are the easiest thing to scan.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Zuul the Cat posted:

I was talking with Class Warcraft about how much I want to build & paint up some Samurai.

Anyone know if there's an official one coming or homemade Saga: Age of the Daimyo?

I vaguely recall they had some pictures of Samurai stuff in the previews for the new edition of Saga, so it’s possible there’s an official book coming, but who knows when that would be.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I didn't know that was even being talked about but that would be an amazing period for Saga.

Like other than a few special models from here to there, you could build one force, paint them and the special models in your favourite colours, declare they're the retinue of Lord Nobody and his famed turncoats, and play them as practically any faction without even feeling any shame about the proper shade of green.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Paint the Seven Samurai

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Phi230 posted:

Paint the Seven Samurai

Now I'm interested in seeing an army painted up in black and white

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

I'm planning to paint a samurai pirate gang for Saga; age of Magic. I haven't seen any official talk about an eastern Asia setting in the works, but the game is so generic that it's pretty easy to just proxy a battle board, maybe changing the names if you don't want to call down the power of Thor when getting stuck in.

the moose
Nov 7, 2009

Type: Electric Swing
How compatable are the various SAGA ages to each other? I was looking to get into it the other day and saw that there were multiple ages.can 2 people with warbands from different ages still play each other?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

the moose posted:

How compatable are the various SAGA ages to each other? I was looking to get into it the other day and saw that there were multiple ages.can 2 people with warbands from different ages still play each other?

Technically yeah, I think. They use the same basic rules, there just some addon stuff from each Age book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
The books all have a couple throwback armies in them to help you keep using old stuff.