Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Fargin Icehole posted:

Part of me is thinking he actually doesn't have it and someone in marketing told him that saying he has the rona will net him a bump in the polls or something

You’ll lose more votes from looking weak than you’ll gain from playing the sympathy card. If he’s faking, it’s to chump out of the debates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Hazo posted:

You’ll lose more votes from looking weak than you’ll gain from playing the sympathy card. If he’s faking, it’s to chump out of the debates.

Yeah, if you're somehow on the fence about who to vote for, that segment of society is going to pick the person not on the ventilator

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

he's not faking it a bunch of people who have been around him have it now

unless you think they're all in on it and going full qanon

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
and the bunch keeps growing, with increasingly more innocent people caught in it

https://twitter.com/jttkemp/status/1312207699921133568

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
This is all such great news I am overwhelmed with gratitude. Not only will Trump probably not be re-elected which will save untold thousands of lives at least but now perhaps this pandemic will be taken a little more seriously overall.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!

This, of course, doesn't apply to Trump himself.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Spinz posted:

This is all such great news I am overwhelmed with gratitude. Not only will Trump probably not be re-elected which will save untold thousands of lives at least but now perhaps this pandemic will be taken a little more seriously overall.

the CDC page still denies spread by breathing and aerosol

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/how-covid-spreads.html

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I think its clear the virus is airborne and not just droplets, which also probably means it goes greater distances than known right now.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

yeah, i'm just pointing out that the us government is still fractally clusterfucked

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I've never understood the distinction between "spread by droplets through the air" and "airborne".

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

droplets are strictly ballistic

aerosols can float for limited time

basically water spray vs fog

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

biznatchio posted:

The judiciary committee's quorum is nine members, with at least two from the minority party. It would really be a shame if the Democrats didn't show up to allow the nomination to be referred to the Senate floor from the committee.

Can the Republicans rewrite the rules without a quorum, either in the committee or with a full session?

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mithaldu posted:

droplets are strictly ballistic

aerosols can float for limited time

basically water spray vs fog

:waycool:

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Sick.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Platystemon posted:

Can the Republicans rewrite the rules without a quorum, either in the committee or with a full session?

Laws and rules aren't real.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Celexi posted:

I think its clear the virus is airborne and not just droplets, which also probably means it goes greater distances than known right now.

Also there's certain activities that greatly increase the likelihood of spread like doing choir practice indoors for several hours even if you're spread out or equivalent activities such as ..... oh I don't know ..... yelling and screaming at the top of your voice for two entire hours during a televised debate. We've known since May that engaging in any activity like that would be reckless and irresponsible.

Oh well, gotta roll them dice!

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

I'd never wish that as it would probably put me permanently on some kind of list.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Yeah I'm trying to impress as much as I can on everyone I know that six feet is not nearly enough if you're indoors for any appreciable amount of time due to the likelihood of aerosol transmission.

I'm finding it incredibly difficult to get people to understand this and its implications :smith:

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Just finished listening to the Wild Thing podcast and reading Devolution. I wish I lived near somewhere I could go squatching.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Illuminti posted:

Just finished listening to the Wild Thing podcast and reading Devolution. I wish I lived near somewhere I could go squatching.
I'll probably do a post in the hiking thread, or just in GBS cause GBS is where I like to post but it was 14 hours on a trail and I've got lots of pics, none of the squatch though, maybe next time for Drew's sake. I'm a pretty fit guy but it was hard as heck. Summiting even a modest mountain is such a cool feel though.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Spinz posted:

theres still the possibility of Pence taking over so...:thunk:

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

DickParasite posted:

I've never understood the distinction between "spread by droplets through the air" and "airborne".

Droplets through the air:

I'm peeing on an electric fence and you yell at me to stop, and I'm startled, turn around and spray you with pee covid

Airborne:

Your next door neighbor in your lovely Apartment complex is taking mad rips of weed and you can tell it's a special event because you can smell it's hydro, and not the regular shwag he normally smokes, even though he lives next door, and there's no obvious openings between your two apartments

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Hadlock posted:

Droplets through the air:

I'm peeing on an electric fence and you yell at me to stop, and I'm startled, turn around and spray you with pee covid

Airborne:

Your next door neighbor in your lovely Apartment complex is taking mad rips of weed and you can tell it's a special event because you can smell it's hydro, and not the regular shwag he normally smokes, even though he lives next door, and there's no obvious openings between your two apartments

:popeye:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Droplet spread and airborne are on a continuum. Respiratory diseases cannot be cleanly divided into one or the other. As particles get smaller, brownian motion becomes increasingly significant, and it’s not like every particle produced by every COVID sufferer is the same exact size. They are distributed in a range and that range differs from yet overlaps the range produced by other diseases.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Spinz posted:

:lmao:

There's nothing in the rulebook that says a rotting corpse can't be president

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Happy to see someone is still fighting the good fight and searching for samsquanch :patriot:

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

Son of Rodney posted:

Happy to see someone is still fighting the good fight and searching for samsquanch :patriot:

What person ever moved like that in the history of people?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

woods. the final frontier. these are the searches for squatch. our continuing mission. to boldly get totally loving trashed where no drew has blacked out before. :canada:

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Oct 3, 2020

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

numberoneposter posted:

woods. the final frontier. these are the searches for squatch. our continuing mission. to boldly get totally loving trashed where no drew has blacked out before. :canada:

I am become xansquatch :wookie:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/CMSeeberger/status/1312224736936701952

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Droplet and aerosol are broadly defined categories into which the virus does not need to entirely fit. It is somewhere in the middle, both able to spread in bits smaller than most droplet-spread viruses yet not as small as other aerosol-borne viruses such as measles. These are just human-created categories that need to be adjusted to match reality.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

the biggest category error is when people talk to average citizens and try and get them to understand the intricacies of medical and physical science that only matter to the actual scientists

all you need to say is:

the stuff can make you sick via the air, wear your mask

at this point harping on anything else causes harm because all you do is confuse people and not give them a simple clear reason to loving wear the loving mask. keep your nerdling poo poo to when you know for sure you're talking to a fellow nerdling (and i say this as a full time and open source programmer, i'm highly familiar with being a nerdling)

oh, and if you think that's a little too harsh or whatever, listen to this podcast explain how exactly this type of normal/nerdling mixing of communication delayed the public communication of asymptomatic carriers: https://podtail.com/en/podcast/the-daily/a-missed-warning-about-silent-coronavirus-infectio/

unrelated

the dedication to the death cult is amazing

https://twitter.com/Charles_Darkley/status/1312229721204293632

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Oct 3, 2020

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

I love when our healthy president receives the highest dose of an experimental antibody treatment that only 300 people have taken and then a course of remdesivir. Normal stuff, I'm sure

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Lol, most of them are ancient. Good luck hiding your positive when you're hospitalized.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

:crnasickos:

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DeAnna4Congress/status/1312037149546614786

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

I do find it strange that Republicans keep getting sick from what you et. al. assured us all was just a Democratic hoax.

If only we could make a guess as to why...

:birdthunk:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

:hmmyes:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Those lyin' demoncrats and their fake phantom virus are making everyone sick :coronatoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Yeah it’s up there with why young adults have high rates of car accidents.

Truly a mystery for the ages.