Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Sleepy

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Oct 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

how can she be consistently the stupidest person in the room? brain injury? drug fried brain?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

how can she be consistently the stupidest person in the room? brain injury? drug fried brain?

The quiet discrimination of lowered expectations: wingnut welfare's a hell of a drug.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
they believe their own propaganda

https://twitter.com/drdavidsamadi/status/1312067213105471499

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
yeah teetotaling and Sudafed® can totally bridge

checks notes

two point four orders of magnitude

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
There's nothing wrong with being fat but it is quite impressive he's able to get that fat without alcohol

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

She's getting loving destroyed in the replies. I don't know how she thought this was a good idea.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

later on she'll pick out the meanest replies and complain about them

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/johniadarola/status/1312419658780176384
https://twitter.com/johniadarola/status/1312419121368190977
https://twitter.com/johniadarola/status/1312421521785192450

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

:toot:

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1312424936586252288

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
But the schools must remain open, otherwise their servants would have to stay at home and parent

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

lol is this woman's account a parody or a real person? thanks to 2020 i'm no longer able to tell the difference

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/1312429131079057409
https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/1312430494022340608

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

I did a count the other night, half of the Senate is 65 and up. 28 are 70 and above. That garden event might as well have taken place in a nursing home.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

What is the anonymous statement they are referring to?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Click through and scroll up, it's a whole thread. :)

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I did a count the other night, half of the Senate is 65 and up. 28 are 70 and above. That garden event might as well have taken place in a nursing home.

especially since part of that event was inside small closed rooms

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Outdoor announcement, indoor reception. :doh:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Ultraklystron posted:

Outdoor announcement, indoor reception. :doh:
My brain is struggling to resolve all the contradictions here. We know Trump actually knew how dangerous the virus is back at the beginning, but repeatedly lied about it. A lot of these folks probably fit into that camp too. So do they just think they're invincible or that being Important People somehow magically protects them from tiny death machines or what?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zugzwang posted:

My brain is struggling to resolve all the contradictions here. We know Trump actually knew how dangerous the virus is back at the beginning, but repeatedly lied about it. A lot of these folks probably fit into that camp too. So do they just think they're invincible or that being Important People somehow magically protects them from tiny death machines or what?

Trump believes in magical thinking.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Zugzwang posted:

clearly he had his best MEME MAGICIANS on it

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Zugzwang posted:

Good people don't get sick, only bad people. And I'm a good person and surrounded by good people, so why worry about it?

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Trump might actually end up draining the swamp after all

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The real swamp was the lungs we filled along the way.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

There's a lot of weird poo poo happening...

https://twitter.com/i/events/1312441029329477635

Basically, AP is claiming Trump was on oxygen before they took him to the hospital.

Also Telegram is spreading some interesting information...albeit without sources..

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

re sources, scroll up to the tweets by olivia nuzzi

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Oxygen concentrators are bulky things, even Trump's weird suits couldn't conceal them, and there's no way that thin little line (probably just a hair) is oxygen tubing. This is just liberal Qanon stuff.

e: For reference the smallest commercially available one is the size of two hardback books.

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 3, 2020

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Oxygen concentrators are bulky things, even Trump's weird suits couldn't conceal them, and there's no way that thin little line (probably just a hair) is oxygen tubing. This is just liberal Qanon stuff.

For travel, they’d just use a bottle, but those are also deeply unpocketable.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Yeah those images could easily be lighting/how his clothes happened to be crinkling at that moment. I saw a claim elsewhere that he was given oxygen before doing the walk, but who knows.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
They make tiny, portable emergency oxygen bottles, guys.

It's not like you have to wheel around a little cart with a 3 foot tank on it. Little tanks like that can last 15-30 minutes.

It's like we've forgotten the lessons of all the Everest threads over the years.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It's not like you have to wheel around a little cart with a 3 foot tank on it. Little tanks like that can last 15-30 minutes.

It's like we've forgotten the lessons of all the Everest threads over the years.

That rich people are even more prone to killing themselves than the rest of us because they can afford to do even more really stupid stuff?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That's even bulkier and heavier than the thing I posted. Unless they've cracked James Bond technology and can package a usable amount of oxygen and a regulator into something the size of a nitrous canister, the very smallest oxygen cylinders are still around the size and weight of a household fire extinguisher - i.e. something you could only hide under a muumuu without it being blatantly obvious, certainly not a suit already full of Trump.

(Source - being oxygen-supply-wrangler for my mother in the two years she needed supplemental oxygen)

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

That's even bulkier and heavier than the thing I posted. Unless they've cracked James Bond technology and can package a usable amount of oxygen and a regulator into something the size of a nitrous canister, the very smallest oxygen cylinders are still around the size and weight of a household fire extinguisher - i.e. something you could only hide under a muumuu without it being blatantly obvious, certainly not a suit already full of Trump.

(Source - being oxygen-supply-wrangler for my mother in the two years she needed supplemental oxygen)

i dunno i just googled but:

https://healthoxygen.com/product/airsep-focus-miniature-portable-oxygen-concentrator/

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Just use the James Bond artificial gill that’s the size of two cigars.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
The clear lack of any transparency about any of this is going to be a major issue. Until there is some definite verifiable proof of his condition that's pretty much all the media can talk about. It's 2020, things are hosed up and people would very much like them not be, and for things to start going back to normal, just chucking even more uncertain in there right now going to be the real killer.

Like just everything about this is demonstrating what a mess this administration is. Jesus could they of handled this any worse.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The battery is separate and the flow rate is pitiful.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

goddamnedtwisto posted:

That's doesn't look the size of a fire extinguisher though, looks more like a Sodastream bottle size.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

That's the thing I posted!

Like I say, that's probably about as small as something can be to give a usable amount of oxygen, and it's gonna cause more than a slight crease in a pocket.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It only needed to provide enough oxygen for like two minutes, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Fame Douglas posted:

That's doesn't look the size of a fire extinguisher though, looks more like a Sodastream bottle size.

*Household* fire extinguisher, so about 20cms tall by 10 wide. A Sodastream bottle (which is at much, much lower pressure than an oxygen tank) is still around that size and still something that you can't easily conceal.