Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah and what I'm saying is you don't need a concentrator, just the bottle, a valve to dispense it and hosing.

I mean, these exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fame Douglas posted:

It only needed to provide enough oxygen for like two minutes, though.

Yeah but no one stocks medical devices that are “it’s good for like two minutes, three tops if you need to fool reporters on the way to a helicopter”.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Fame Douglas posted:

He's unlikely to have been likely to just drop dead in two minutes without supplemental oxygen if he was healthy enough to walk unassisted. Seems super unlikely to me, could be any amount of poo poo in his pockets. loving tube of pringles, perhaps.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
They literally sell lovely "easy scuba" minitanks that's just a mouthpiece and a canister not much bigger than a deodorant can. Said tanks are useless and lovely because when diving the air gets compressed and you end up getting much less dive time than advertised if you pass your average snorkeling depths.

But they work. It is a tiny canister which delivers a regulated supply of gas, and weight wise you're supposed to just hold the thing with your mouth. Sure that's easier underwater, but strapping one underarm and walking around with it would be trivial. You'd be only looking at maybe 10-15 minutes worth of gas, but if it's just so you can walk from a house to a vehicle without any visible medical apparatus it's plenty.

Mind you I think it's pretty drat tinfoily to think Trump was actually doing this, but calling it unfeasible is like 80s thinking.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Jeza posted:

loving tube of pringles, perhaps.

Honestly, this seems pretty likely too.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Fame Douglas posted:

That's not how it works. Because oxygen liquifies at pressure, there's a very hard limit caused by the diminishing returns of how much of the tank has to be thermal insulation and safety factor for the cylinder walls. Like think how quickly a can of air duster gets too cold to touch despite flowing at a much lower rate.

I mean theoretically it's not *impossible* to make a cylinder that only holds 10 or 12 litres of oxygen but nobody's ever bothered before because literally the only use for it would be this, and I bet it'd still be the size of a drinks can and weigh at least a kilo, so again, even if the special CIA psyops labs whipped something up so he could walk across the lawn (as opposed to, say, just getting in the limo) it'd *still* be noticeable under his clothes.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Jeza posted:

loving tube of pringles, perhaps.

Trump has a homemade Fleshlight, confirmed.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

goddamnedtwisto posted:

That's not how it works. Because oxygen liquifies at pressure, there's a very hard limit caused by the diminishing returns of how much of the tank has to be thermal insulation and safety factor for the cylinder walls. Like think how quickly a can of air duster gets too cold to touch despite flowing at a much lower rate.

I mean theoretically it's not *impossible* to make a cylinder that only holds 10 or 12 litres of oxygen but nobody's ever bothered before because literally the only use for it would be this, and I bet it'd still be the size of a drinks can and weigh at least a kilo, so again, even if the special CIA psyops labs whipped something up so he could walk across the lawn (as opposed to, say, just getting in the limo) it'd *still* be noticeable under his clothes.

He could use a chemical oxygen generator and set his pants on fire.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's obviously a DARPA exoskeleton duh

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
BREAKING NEWS: Trump’s suits fit poorly LOL

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Kerning Chameleon posted:

All these articles about how loss of sense of smell is an important diganostic symptom, and here I am sitting over here like "boy, being in the .01% kind of sucks for once."

On the other hand, watching people lose their minds about it happening to them is a little funny.

Huh, me too! I texted my family that I'm in the top .01 percent of all people due to this :smug: so thanks for the link!

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

That is absolutely an oxygen tank and nasal cannula. That's a pretty standard size for a portable modern one when you need less than 3L. We use the same ones when walking ortho patients post surgery and they weigh like 2 pounds tops with a shoulder strap which we usually have on as the therapist or we sling it on the walker.

They need to be refilled several times a day though.

Edit: its like this

https://www.healthproductsforyou.com/p-inogen-one-g3-portable-oxygen-concentrator-system.html

but ours are smaller since they only accommodate .25 to 3.0 liters at a time.

Fenarisk fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 3, 2020

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Absolutely eh

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Fenarisk posted:

That is absolutely an oxygen tank and nasal cannula. That's a pretty standard size for a portable modern one when you need less than 3L. We use the same ones when walking ortho patients post surgery and they weigh like 2 pounds tops with a shoulder strap which we usually have on as the therapist or we sling it on the walker.

They need to be refilled several times a day though.

Edit: its like this

https://www.healthproductsforyou.com/p-inogen-one-g3-portable-oxygen-concentrator-system.html

but ours are smaller since they only accommodate .25 to 3.0 liters at a time.

https://twitter.com/ImplausibleGrrl/status/1312318326807367681

That's not a very well-fitted cannula mate.

e: Also you were talking about oxygen cylinders then posted a concentrator.

And the concentrator you posted is *huge* - well okay not huge but considerably bigger than the one already discussed. Like considerably larger than the outside pocket even on Trump's clownsuits.

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Oct 3, 2020

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
its like these motherfuckers just completely slept through March and April

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1312495930310971392

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i get why everyone wants him to be on oxygen so soon after the positive test, but i really doubt his condition is that bad so soon. this next week will be interesting to see how it progresses and if that changes his narrative on the virus (hint: it wont or he'll just double down on the CHINA FLU thing)

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

OMFG FURRY posted:

i get why everyone wants him to be on oxygen so soon after the positive test, but i really doubt his condition is that bad so soon. this next week will be interesting to see how it progresses and if that changes his narrative on the virus (hint: it wont or he'll just double down on the CHINA FLU thing)

We only heard about it quite a bit later when he had his stroke last year.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Fame Douglas posted:

We only heard about it quite a bit later when he had his stroke last year.

Wait, what?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1312525833505058816

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I imagine if he survives it it's just going to add fuel to his stupid narrative about how it's not a big deal. 200k dead people? Well clearly they were just losers who deserved to die.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Gologle posted:

I imagine if he survives it it's just going to add fuel to his stupid narrative about how it's not a big deal. 200k dead people? Well clearly they were just losers who deserved to die.

It's 2020, my assumption from the beginning is he gave it to Biden who will have a terrible time, but Trump will have a mild course and completely recover.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
Seriously if he is well enough to walk completely normally then there is no way he is in such a bad state he can't be off the oxygen for 30seconds. This is just pure conspiracy thinking. No different from qanon claiming Tom Hanks is wearing an ankle monitor.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Illuminti posted:

Seriously if he is well enough to walk completely normally then there is no way he is in such a bad state he can't be off the oxygen for 30seconds. This is just pure conspiracy thinking. No different from qanon claiming Tom Hanks is wearing an ankle monitor.

Yeah thats why they parked the helicopter right next to the white house instead of across the lawn like normal

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Another Bill posted:

Yeah thats why they parked the helicopter right next to the white house instead of across the lawn like normal

I mean they're probably doing poo poo like that because "POTUS has COVID" is a major loving oh-poo poo situation even if he's feeling OK

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It's been theorized that Trump's very abrupt trip to Walter Reed last year was either a cardiac or stroke type event. The WH has never really said much about why they had to rush over there but the prevailing theory is that it was heart-related

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I realize the CDC isn't the greatest source these days, so make of this what you will (see "Clinical Progression"): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/clinical-guidance-management-patients.html

It says that in patients with severe cases, the median time to dyspnea (difficulty breathing) is 5-8 days after onset of symptoms. If it gets real bad, median time from symptoms to ICU admission is 10-12 days.

So even if his case is severe, it will still probably take some time for things to progress to that point.

And as always, we have no loving clue what's going to happen because it's 2020.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

He seems more lucid and focused than I have ever seen him.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Maybe he's been forced off his European uppers for once.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Gologle posted:

this is 100% what is going to happen, remember this is 2020 after all

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's been theorized that Trump's very abrupt trip to Walter Reed last year was either a cardiac or stroke type event. The WH has never really said much about why they had to rush over there but the prevailing theory is that it was heart-related

I can’t believe we are still passing around this rumor. Allow me to lay this to rest:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...2F5694399002%2F

He definitely did not have a series of mini-strokes. I doubt anyone here would dare to impugn the honesty of our “favorite president, me”

I love how he has to specify “me” just in case someone thought he was talking about their other favorite president Warren G. Harding.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

IncredibleIgloo posted:

He always seems more focused when he has a teleprompter and there are no hard to pronounce words in the statement.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I strongly doubt that he would be walking onto AF1 if that was the case.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang

Another Bill posted:

He literally just released a 4 minute video where he spoke continuously in a lucid manner. They sent him to the hospital because they're being cautious with an elderly obese moron, but his breathing currently appears to be normal and unassisted.

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

IncredibleIgloo posted:

It’s heavily edited, so they probably cut out all of the rambling in addition to the coughing and wheezing

bradburypancakes
Sep 9, 2014

hmm. hmmmmmmmm

teardrop posted:

It’s heavily edited, so they probably cut out all of the rambling in addition to the coughing and wheezing

Yeah there’s some pretty clear edit points where it looks like he’s about to go into a coughing fit and then cuts to the rest of the sentence

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

Zugzwang posted:

I realize the CDC isn't the greatest source these days, so make of this what you will (see "Clinical Progression"): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/clinical-guidance-management-patients.html

It says that in patients with severe cases, the median time to dyspnea (difficulty breathing) is 5-8 days after onset of symptoms. If it gets real bad, median time from symptoms to ICU admission is 10-12 days.

So even if his case is severe, it will still probably take some time for things to progress to that point.

And as always, we have no loving clue what's going to happen because it's 2020.

yea, but usually they say "stay home until you're almost dead". With trump he's getting treatment from the start so that's gotta change things...

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

based on my own covid experience, what would really haunt him the most professionally are the lingering thyroid problems after covid recovery

he's gonna have sore throats for weeks/months

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
that'll make speeches fun

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
He'll probably be fine, but it will really mean nothing. He is one of the few people in the world that have access to whatever treatments he is getting. So if he tries any poo poo talking afterword, you just call him out, "Mr. President, how do you feel about the 200k plus Americans who didn't have access to world class treatment and died?".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

He'll probably be fine, but it will really mean nothing. He is one of the few people in the world that have access to whatever treatments he is getting. So if he tries any poo poo talking afterword, you just call him out, "Mr. President, how do you feel about the 200k plus Americans who didn't have access to world class treatment and died?".

"gently caress 'em" - El Presidente for Life Donald Trump