Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Did this not happen?, and more importantly, is it normal for the public to be informed when it does happen? Like the previous times regarding Reagan etc?

It would not be kept secret. We’d know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

I mean even loving Bautista the wrestler slash large Marvel man figured out what a joke it is that these people went right from 'the president is a dangerous, fascist, russian agent' to 'we must be kind to our fallen president, pray with me for his warrior's heart'.

If you're in the media and haven't figured out how obvious this scam is then you're less equipped to do your job than Dave Big Dick Bautista.

Batista is legit smart, actually.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Jet Jaguar posted:

This is a great thread

I would disagree with this slightly, in that it's also become apparent that they need doctors who can effectively bullshit people, and that kind of hired gun tends to be a bit different from the kind of doctor that you go to for the highest standard of care. So there's a reason, which I'm not saying is the actual reason, for rapidly expanding the team that's independent of his condition.

e:

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Batista is legit smart, actually.

This is quite true, he's an interesting guy to follow.

eviltastic fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 3, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The fact this didn't turn into a Broadway dance number is very sad.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Raenir Salazar posted:

Did this not happen?, and more importantly, is it normal for the public to be informed when it does happen? Like the previous times regarding Reagan etc?

I think Alexander Haig, who was Reagan’s secretary of state, tried to claim that he was acting president when Reagan got shot and Bush got sick or couldn’t be found or something, and tv news was too dumb to know whether he was right or not (he wasn’t).

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

sexpig by night posted:

I mean even loving Bautista the wrestler slash large Marvel man figured out what a joke it is that these people went right from 'the president is a dangerous, fascist, russian agent' to 'we must be kind to our fallen president, pray with me for his warrior's heart'.

If you're in the media and haven't figured out how obvious this scam is then you're less equipped to do your job than Dave Big Dick Bautista.

I got a probe for pointing out that you shouldn't hinge your election campaign on the media's framing of an opponent in the middle of a pandemic that will almost certainly entangle that individual.

The smartest of the strongmen leaders is Putin because he took no chances. Everyone else is just an idiot who risked it all for no real reason. I love this poo poo.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1312474922447323137

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1312475907777470464

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
I'd like for you all to know I'm a team player and not mad.
https://twitter.com/DanKEberhart/status/1312423527711203328
Very, very not mad. At all. And I absolutely didn't just vent about it to someone like Robert Costa or other WaPo reporters.
https://twitter.com/jameshohmann/status/1312356909324926977

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Madkal posted:

The entire White House is being run by Bluths

There is always money in the deutsche bank.

Honestly if Trump is on oxygen then...man this is a really great week to not be a republican.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Nelson Mandingo posted:

There is always money in the deutsche bank.

Honestly if Trump is on oxygen then...man this is a really great week to not be a republican.

the president was not on oxygen on thursday and is not currently on oxygen today, which is saturday

no further questions

edit:

https://twitter.com/SebGorka/status/1312467193343295488

the president's heart, liver, and kidneys are doing great

he has the very best non-lung organs

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"The president is walking around, not on oxygen"

"Walking around, not on oxygen? A 71 one year old, obese, Covid patient, entirely localized in Walter Reed Hospital?!"

"Yes!"

"May we see him?"

"No."

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The lack of publicity photos is pretty telling

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

You just want to see his handsome face.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sexpig by night posted:

"Walking around, not on oxygen? A 71 one year old, obese, Covid patient, entirely localized in Walter Reed Hospital?!"

"Yes!"

"May we see him?"

"No."

*Lionel Hutz writes something* Walking around, not! On oxygen

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

sexpig by night posted:

"Yes!"

"May we see him?"

"No."

74 years now, he's squarely into "high risk group" even with his age alone.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

This is the sort of thing that democrats has to pummel Trump with if he survives.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

if he was even remotely okay they'd have some ugly staged photo of him in bed with a bunch of papers on a tray in his lap and a pen giving a big thumbs up

Professor Skittles
Jul 10, 2008
I'm hearing Boris is much healthier than trump and the virus left him shredded, trump will not be the same after this if he survives.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Professor Skittles posted:

I'm hearing Boris is much healthier than trump and the virus left him shredded, trump will not be the same after this if he survives.
Define 'shredded.'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Professor Skittles posted:

yea Bojo, despite also being a dump rear end sack of poo poo, actually is famously somewhat active and trump has 20ish years on him. Plus he's upper class brit trash so he probably played rugby or soccer at whatever molestation factory boarding school he went to.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Grouchio posted:

Define 'shredded.'

Permanent organ damage, probably. Pretty common among covid survivors of all ages, let alone people in their 50s like BoJo.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
You telling me BoJo didn’t get ripped in hospital? :(

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea Johnson was one of the 'better' world leaders to get it and he got absolutely loving ruined by it probably for life (that now likely has a good decade or so kicked off), Bolsonaro in Brazil seems to be fine from getting it like ten times in a row but he's a giant liar so who knows.

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010
Counterpoint: Boris has done a lot more gear and drunk a lot more booze than Trump.

Edit: but yeah Trump's gonna feel this

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bustin keaton posted:

Counterpoint: Boris has done a lot more gear and drunk a lot more booze than Trump.

true but there's like a 50% chance the rumors of trump just downing diet pills like candy through his life are true so it could be a wash

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

yea Johnson was one of the 'better' world leaders to get it and he got absolutely loving ruined by it probably for life (that now likely has a good decade or so kicked off), Bolsonaro in Brazil seems to be fine from getting it like ten times in a row but he's a giant liar so who knows.

Yeah he’s not always looked great recently

https://twitter.com/davemacladd/status/1305545976682360837?s=21

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

It kind of adds a layer of funny to think that the newly unveiled soviet rose garden Melania unveiled is now being abundantly photographed in the context of the collapse of their dumb empire.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Grouchio posted:

Define 'shredded.'

He dropped out of sight for a long while and now only gets wheeled out to do positive stuff. His evil grand viziers dad blabbed to a random tourist he's no longer up to the job and will retire as a result.

On the positive side they got more serious about covid as a result, on the negative when he retires on the grounds of ill health he'll be absolved as a poor covid martyr who did his best despite being gravely ill and he'll take all the blame with him for the UK's covid clusterfuck.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Correct me if I'm wrong but can't most long-term damage to organs from covid be treated? (That or at least the lungs healing over time?) What percentage of covid survivors have had long-term damage?

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Grouchio posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but can't most long-term damage to organs from covid be treated? (That or at least the lungs healing over time?) What percentage of covid survivors have had long-term damage?

its been 8 months, we honestly don't know. we do know that some people show heart damage similar to a heart attack. does that mean that you can't eventually make a full recovery? maybe not. but he's also an obese 74 year old who doesn't exercise - do you think he's going to go through extensive and painful cardiac and respiratory rehab? and, again, 30 days until the election.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Grouchio posted:

A preliminary study back in the summer showed a whopping 55% of patients who'd recovered from covid had some form of long-term heart damage. This isn't even getting into potential damage to other organs.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/billkristol/status/1312503722560290818?s=21

gently caress Bill Kristol but he’s solidly anti-trump and was Dan Quayle’s chief of staff so he’s had a briefing or two in his life on what actually happens when the President dies.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Grouchio posted:

I mean, it's only been ten months since Chinese Patient Zero, we don't know long term impacts for sure

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Rea posted:

A preliminary study back in the summer showed a whopping 55% of patients who'd recovered from covid had some form of long-term heart damage. This isn't even getting into potential damage to other organs.

Recovered as in not having corona anymore even if it was asymptomatic, or as in was seriously ill before it turned around.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Grouchio posted:

I think if you had bad symptoms it's pretty common. It may be happening on a widespread basis even in the people who don't notice it. Nobody really knows yet.

Trump's an old fat gently caress too, which won't help anything. A 20 year old might bounce back to a fine quality of life even if they lost their athletic edge, but a hamberder enthusiast of 74?

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

https://twitter.com/SebGorka/status/1312467193343295488

the president's heart, liver, and kidneys are doing great

he has the very best non-lung organs

Wasn't this what they basically said about Cain's condition right before he loving died?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Recovered as in not having corona anymore even if it was asymptomatic, or as in was seriously ill before it turned around.

The study was of 1200 people who were hospitalized with covid. Which, y'know, is a group that Trump belongs to now.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Crackbone posted:

Wasn't this what they basically said about Cain's condition right before he loving died?

Yeah almost verbatim iirc

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Rea posted:

The study was of 1200 people who were hospitalized with covid. Which, y'know, is a group that Trump belongs to now.

Okay yeah. But that is still a bit of a different picture, than the idea that every second person who has caught it would have long term heart damage.
Honestly, I wouldn't worry to much about long time effects with Trump. It's not like this will reduce his lifespan from 140 to 130.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/realtimewwii/status/1312504795417067522?s=21

On this day in history...