Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
am i the only one weirded out that the next book is the last book? i had assumed each book would be dedicated to one of the 7. we had mottom, dragon grandpa who wants to die and solomon david. assuming that incubus is killed by the pursurers and that ice cube lady doesnt need dealing with the next book will deal with jag and worm girl.

plus i just remembered the thorn knights arent fully dealt with either.

also i cant help but notice that jag cut a nuclear blast into existence with a sword.

snergle fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Well, the Mammon book is also about Incubus, and the Solomon David book is also about Gog Agog. The last book will be about Jagganoth and presumably Jadis too.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

snergle posted:

am i the only one weirded out that the next book is the last book? i had assumed each book would be dedicated to one of the 7. we had mottom, dragon grandpa who wants to die and solomon david. assuming that incubus is killed by the pursurers and that ice cube lady doesnt need dealing with the next book will deal with jag and worm girl.

also i cant help but notice that jag cut a nuclear blast into existence with a sword.

The the approach of the last book does feel a bit sudden, but this book is already more broad than what you are saying. Sure Solomon David was the principle focus of this one, but there was also a whole lot about Incubus, and Gog had somewhat of a focus as well. One book for each seems like it would be too slow to me. I also think that part of the reason it feels like the end is coming fast is because it isn't going to end up telling the story we are expecting it to tell.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
One book for each of the Seven would become formulaic and overly drawn out. We do not need an Incubus book. He is already enmeshed in events and has been for several books. We do not need a Jadis book. She is a relatively minor character. Gog’s pathology is not substantial enough to warrant a book.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

New Wave Jose posted:

Let's be real here.
I don't think you fully appreciate my level of narcissism

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

snergle posted:

I mean, the thorn knights are basically working hand in hand with Jag so I don't see why they need any more coverage on their own.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Captain Oblivious posted:

One book for each of the Seven would become formulaic and overly drawn out. We do not need an Incubus book. He is already enmeshed in events and has been for several books. We do not need a Jadis book. She is a relatively minor character. Gog’s pathology is not substantial enough to warrant a book.

sir the mass disagrees. The mass is the star of every book. Gog steals every show.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Statistically Gog's already been in more panels than the other six combined.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Gog is the star, the audience, and the advertisers and sponsors funding the show.

Anyway, I'd prefer a book of Nyave and Zaid being cool than Jadis backstory or whatever.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'd say it's a pretty good bet that you're about to get both.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Why do people keep saying Jagganoth controls the Thorn Knights, he’s literally introduced throwing one on the ground going ‘who let this vermin into my place and why was it carrying a dude.’ He’s worshipped by the Knights Belligerent, who are an order of mortal knights. Maya’s new apprentice is a Knight Belligerent.

We suspect Metatron is who granted him invulnerability with iron nails but we do not know what their relationship is.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Is there a source to the invulnerability thing? Or are people just taking untouchable to mean invulnerable?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

TK-42-1 posted:

Is there a source to the invulnerability thing? Or are people just taking untouchable to mean invulnerable?

He literally has nails forged from angel feathers pounded into his back that grant him invulnerability.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

TK-42-1 posted:

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/?comic=ksbd-4-74

Text under the comic.

Admittedly the person who wrote that in universe could be wrong but y'know.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

TK-42-1 posted:

The under text on this page claims he's immortal and impervious to physical harm.

efb

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Also Abaddon said that Jagganoth is so loving invulnerable even YISUN would have trouble hurting him.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

skaianDestiny posted:

Also Abaddon said that Jagganoth is so loving invulnerable even YISUN would have trouble hurting him.

Maybe they can yank out the nails and reverse it.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Acme style giant magnet will be the tool that saves the day

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Tulip posted:

Text under the comic.

Untouchable and ‘impervious to physical harm’ don’t mean invulnerable. I’m not trying to be a pedant at all but I feel like everyone has overestimated Jagganoth’s power. And Tom isn’t going to show his hand on what I assume is the big reveal/twist in the final book.

I’m a Jaggaskeptic I guess.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

The the approach of the last book does feel a bit sudden, but this book is already more broad than what you are saying. Sure Solomon David was the principle focus of this one, but there was also a whole lot about Incubus, and Gog had somewhat of a focus as well. One book for each seems like it would be too slow to me. I also think that part of the reason it feels like the end is coming fast is because it isn't going to end up telling the story we are expecting it to tell.

The comic isn't about the demiurges - they're there to provide a backdrop and contrast for the main crew. Abaddon has mentioned the most recent book was about White Chain, for example.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dr Subterfuge posted:

The under text on this page claims he's immortal and impervious to physical harm.

efb

Impervious to physical harm, but not emotional harm.

It is time to unleash the ultimate Yo Momma joke.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

TK-42-1 posted:

I’m not trying to be a pedant at all

Are you sure? Because if this is what it looks like when you're trying, you should consider going pro.

TK-42-1 posted:

Untouchable and ‘impervious to physical harm’ don’t mean invulnerable.

Actually they do. That is what that word means.

Merriam-Webster posted:

Definition of invulnerable
1: incapable of being wounded, injured, or harmed

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Allstone posted:

The comic isn't about the demiurges - they're there to provide a backdrop and contrast for the main crew. Abaddon has mentioned the most recent book was about White Chain, for example.

Oh for sure. But all seven lords of creation are still going to get their backgrounds fleshed out before this is over.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Walrus Pete posted:

Are you sure? Because if this is what it looks like when you're trying, you should consider going pro.

Actually they do. That is what that word means.

Said nothing of magical or psychological harm. :smuggo:

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Jagg was a child soldier so psychlogical wounds are very much on the table

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Abaddon has also said that Jagganoth never knew love as a child and has the multiverse's biggest case of PTSD.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

TK-42-1 posted:

Untouchable and ‘impervious to physical harm’ don’t mean invulnerable. I’m not trying to be a pedant at all but I feel like everyone has overestimated Jagganoth’s power. And Tom isn’t going to show his hand on what I assume is the big reveal/twist in the final book.

I’m a Jaggaskeptic I guess.

Jaggnostic.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

Abaddon has also said that Jagganoth never knew love as a child and has the multiverse's biggest case of PTSD.

Never known love, period. The final book is going to be Allison and her harem just waltzing in and doing an episode of Royal Eye for the Demiurge Guy.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

Allison will once again pull from her sorority sister skills and unleash some bitchy passive-aggression to make the gods tremble.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Never known love, period. The final book is going to be Allison and her harem just waltzing in and doing an episode of Royal Eye for the Demiurge Guy.

Nyave holds Jagganoth's hand; the force of the ensuing rising blush makes him explode.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tendales posted:

Nyave holds Jagganoth's hand; the force of the ensuing rising blush makes him explode.

Nyaeve is going to be his fashion consultant.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tendales posted:

The entirety of Jaggy's warpath through the universe is based in, oh, let's say Solomon David and the phrase "I-it's not like I like you, b-baka..."

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Darth Walrus posted:

Nyaeve is going to be his fashion consultant.

I'm not sure. Jaggs seems quite confident in his aesthetic.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm not sure. Jaggs seems quite confident in his aesthetic.

and he fuckin deserves to be

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Who What Now posted:

The ultimate baller, his defence is unbeatable. But there are other ways to get dunked on...

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Tulip posted:

Text under the comic.

aside: man, has Abbadon gotten better at the whole drawing thing

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Pattonesque posted:

aside: man, has Abbadon gotten better at the whole drawing thing

I tend to prefer his older art style. I think the muddiness of it added a drearier atmosphere that the cleaner recent art doesn't have.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

There Bias Two posted:

I tend to prefer his older art style. I think the muddiness of it added a drearier atmosphere that the cleaner recent art doesn't have.

Not just drearier but also dreamier. Gog's meltiness, the outlandish angle of Solomon's beard, and most importantly the bizarre curvature of the ground which seems to change panel to panel all really drive home that this isn't just a big meeting room of powerful but mostly recognizable people.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

While I doubt it’s intentional, the art has gotten cleaner and less disorienting as the world has become more comprehensible to both the protagonist and the readers.

Which throws moments of violence into a sharper relief - they’re no longer just the background radiation of this nightmare-world but something Allison is morally involved in and which has more specific meaning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Yeah, the change in art style feels thematically consistent. We're not in the slums of Throne anymore, things should be more clean and defined.