Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Is there an actual good reason why they haven't 25thed this guy and are actively lying through their teeth? Like Rudy claiming a phone call with him?

Is it literally just "Trump's family refuses to give up the throne under any circumstances" and they have cowed everyone else into going along with it?

Like honestly, what's career guys like Meadows, Mnuchin, and Pence getting from carrying water for his bloated living corpse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

Is there an actual good reason why they haven't 25thed this guy and are actively lying through their teeth? Like Rudy claiming a phone call with him?

Is it literally just "Trump's family refuses to give up the throne under any circumstances" and they have cowed everyone else into going along with it?

Like honestly, what's career guys like Meadows, Mnuchin, and Pence getting from carrying water for his bloated living corpse

None of them will have careers without trump. Without trump in power, even.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

TulliusCicero posted:

Like honestly, what's career guys like Meadows, Mnuchin, and Pence getting from carrying water for his bloated living corpse

Getting 25th’d on the eve of the election will probably kill any chance he has left of winning. At least I’m sure that is what they believe.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds
EDIT: Of course this was complete bullshit and I'm stupid for believing it for a second.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TulliusCicero posted:

Like honestly, what's career guys like Meadows, Mnuchin, and Pence getting from carrying water for his bloated living corpse?
Even if Trump is left mute and crippled he will probably have enough hate in him to tweet that the Proud Boys should put (insert traitors here) through Some Things post-haste, and even before then he could command the Base to renounce particular Republicans as apostates. Trump could probably only do this once or twice, but nobody wants to be the guy who catches it in the neck.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

cant cook creole bream posted:

Recovered as in not having corona anymore even if it was asymptomatic, or as in was seriously ill before it turned around.

It's hard to say. But even atheletes are having heart inflammation issues. But yeah if you go to the hospital with covid it seems like it's going to take a year or two off your life even if you're healthy. I think I had it in early march, but it was only bad for a couple days. Who knows if it caused any damage?

quote:

Because Trump is a big strong daddy who will protect you with his tremendously good genes and blood. Also, Pence getting activated as acting president might not be able to break a tie in the senate.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

it's a competition between 'explicit self interest in trying to maintain at least a ghost of a chance of trump winning re-election' and 'need to have a functioning chief executive'. we'll see which way the see saw tilts over the next few days!

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Does news about people who probably caught covid from Trump go here? Because...

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1312511364582182913?s=19

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

Rea posted:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I think we learned about Christie this morning.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Grouchio posted:

I think we learned about Christie this morning.

We learned he got infected, but he was only hospitalized just now.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Why would they give Christie Remdesivir right away, but enroll Trump in an experimental drug trial before starting Remdesivir?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rea posted:

https://twitter.com/Chinchillazllla/status/1312513979005067265

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

There are persistent rumours in the UK that BoJo is still not in great shape and will probably be forced to retire soon.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Simplex posted:

Why would they give Christie Remdesivir right away, but enroll Trump in an experimental drug trial before starting Remdesivir?

Because Trump's new "personal physician" was the understudy of his former "personal physician" and unwilling to tell him, or possibly unaware, that it was a stupid loving idea

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
BoJo was also on a ventilator/intubated for like 3 days (if not in an outright coma) so he got it pretty rough.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

In a very real sense, this isn't an administration. There isn't a structure or organization. This is a despotic court around Trump: all other viewpoints have been squashed and everyone's power flows from him.

If his inner circle allows him to be 25th, their power evaporates because Pence doesn't listen to them. He has his own team that would be running the show.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Feeling very alive, definitely not dead in my alive room, which is where they keep alive presidents.

jetsetter
Apr 16, 2007
wee

Simplex posted:

In Haberman's report, there's some weird language where she describes Trump as experiencing anxiety. She doesn't say it directly, but that people were "dealing with him [on Friday]" in response to that state of mind.

Perhaps, in a state of anxiety Trump fixated on some experimental option unavailable to the public.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Rea posted:

Gosh I hope there’s no traffic on any bridges.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This year has been terrible, but the October surprise of a bunch of delusional assholes infecting themselves with the same disease they were fine with letting kill off the "common folk" is a true delight.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Deptfordx posted:

There are persistent rumours in the UK that BoJo is still not in great shape and will probably be forced to retire soon.

To be honest and a bit off topic, this might have happened regardless of corona and is a good excuse. January first is going to be hard Brexit day and the previous two prime ministers both caused a huge mess in that regard before retiring and handing power over to someone even more deranged, so they wouldn't have to deal with the consequences. By this point it's a tradition.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/MommyBigDick/status/1312075428392136704

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

jetsetter posted:

In Haberman's report, there's some weird language where she describes Trump as experiencing anxiety. She doesn't say it directly, but that people were "dealing with him [on Friday]" in response to that state of mind.

Perhaps, in a state of anxiety Trump fixated on some experimental option unavailable to the public.

Isn't the experimental treatment owned by a buddy of his?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Eh, Hospital Induced Delirium is a thing, especially for people in his age group. Could be he was just belligerent and they had no idea how to say no without declaring him formally unfit

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/1312443979321896960

They were like "better go now while you can still walk because you'll be going one way or another"

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Isn't the experimental treatment owned by a buddy of his?
that wasn't really why he opted for the experimental treatment though:
https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1312130162595512320

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

He really does pay attention only to the last thing that was said to him.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

There have been a bunch of times in American history when the president was sick or injured, and the conventional medical treatment at the time would have probably done an OK job, but some quack came in and hosed everything up.

I've never really understood how that could happen until now.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1312516107547209733?s=19

Christ, Christie is already symptomatic.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
didn't they give Teddy beef and booze enemas when he got shot? Trump's not quite hitting the dumbest treatments for a sitting president yet, but give him time.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
We’re putting President Garfield on an experimental treatment where we poke around in his open wound with our unwashed hands to try and fish out the bullet.

Also we’re gonna pour soup up his rear end.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Instant Sunrise posted:

We’re putting President Garfield on an experimental treatment where we poke around in his open wound with our unwashed hands to try and fish out the bullet.

Garfield that's who it was

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Instant Sunrise posted:

This thread needs to know that whole story.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

Instant Sunrise posted:

The funny pages are sure different from when I was younger

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

vyelkin posted:

https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/1312443979321896960

They were like "better go now while you can still walk because you'll be going one way or another"

presumably the helicopter sitting on the tarmac was part juicing him up for the walk and partly him throwing a very presidential toddler temper tantrum

him holding his breath turned out to be awkward for everyone

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Grouchio posted:

This thread needs to know that whole story.

to be fair, its not entirely clear what ended up killing garfield, but medical care in the late 1800s was not great. his wikipedia page has quite a bit of detail on how he was treated, but understanding of things like infection were very primitive back then, particularly amongst the older generation of doctors - especially the doctor overseeing garfields care.

fun facts: they invented an early version of air conditioning as a way to keep him more comfortable as he was dying.

quote:

One means of keeping the president comfortable in Washington's summer heat was one of the first successful air conditioning units: air propelled by fans over ice and then dried had reduced the temperature in the sickroom by 20 degrees Fahrenheit (11 degrees Celsius).[192] Engineers from the navy, along with some scientists, worked together to develop this version of air conditioning in an attempt to help the president recover. There were some issues, such as it made excessive noise and immensely increased the humidity in Garfield's room, but the engineers worked hard to find solutions for these problems in their efforts to ease Garfield's suffering.[194]

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Didn’t Boris Johnson put out a few videos of how well he was doing before he got tube’d?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1312525833505058816?s=20