Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Antioch posted:

I watch a lot of cooking videos when I get high, so I can answer that.
https://youtu.be/f2kesmAO8VU

Would you like to see my favorite relaxing baking video?
https://youtu.be/iUuKstAWof4

A+ Content, both videos were great. Especially loved the dude baking video, that guy loves his work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmF8LbpT5uM

Also that baking video has me wishing that gypsy drum and bass was a genre that existed and was popular

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
After vaping for under a week I've lost about a pound and a half. Below 220 for the first time since may. gently caress edibles, hooray vaping.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
I got a plate full of outer space cookies ready for friends

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hey when cleaning glass, is that 99% alcohol from Amazon any better at cleaning than the 91% stuff I can get at Walgreens? My glass vaporgenie gets so raunchy and it's kind of a pain in the rear end to clean so I wasn't sure if it was worth getting the high percentage stuff or if that's mostly a waste. I think it'd clean a lot easier if I just soaked it in the alcohol but it takes a lot to totally cover the thing in a bag so I usually just clean the screen out and pretend I don't notice the green and brown film all over the inside of it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
91% is fine for cleaning glass, just soak it a little longer. 99% will only cut down the time to clean it slightly.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Alright thanks, I was never sure how much of a difference there was but soaking it is definitely the way to do it. To make my alcohol last I usually ran really hot water through the pipe first to get the big chunks out, then squirt some alcohol into it and sorta slosh it around. It almost never worked perfectly and I'd need to do some pipe cleaner contortions to really get each bit of gunk out so it's a painful process. Just gonna try to find a jug of stuff at the pharmacy tomorrow, then.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

70% works fine too, the real secret is salt. Pour some coarse salt in there with the alcohol and the whole thing acts like a big liquid scrub brush. Two passes, tops, no soaking, I don't care how dirty it is.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Inspector Hound posted:

70% works fine too, the real secret is salt. Pour some coarse salt in there with the alcohol and the whole thing acts like a big liquid scrub brush. Two passes, tops, no soaking, I don't care how dirty it is.

Well I've done that too, the problem with the VG is there's really not a lot of space for liquid/salt so there's not a lot of abrasion. Too much and shaking it does nothing because the thing is full of liquid, not enough and it just doesn't slosh around enough to knock the big stuff loose. I'll usually fill it up halfway with alcohol and some salt, then plug both ends with my thumbs and shake. Doing this a couple times with running hot water through it in between each alcohol shake does eventually work, but some of the chunks in there are really hard to get loose and in very awkward spots to get with even a pipe cleaner.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

redreader posted:

After vaping for under a week I've lost about a pound and a half. Below 220 for the first time since may. gently caress edibles, hooray vaping.
Hey, nice--congrats! Is it easy enough to dose when you vape? I'm about ready to pull the trigger, but I like how (low-)dosed my usual edibles are, and I'm worried about inadvertently getting stoned out of my gourd with a vape. Plus whatever effects it might have on my lungs, as someone who's never smoked or vaped anything in her life.

I've made it to 43 without any prescription antidepressants, but the cracks are starting to show. I'm thinking about vaping strains specifically noted for helping mild depressive symptoms.

Overnight Blaze
Mar 7, 2017

Hirayuki posted:

Hey, nice--congrats! Is it easy enough to dose when you vape? I'm about ready to pull the trigger, but I like how (low-)dosed my usual edibles are, and I'm worried about inadvertently getting stoned out of my gourd with a vape. Plus whatever effects it might have on my lungs, as someone who's never smoked or vaped anything in her life.

I've made it to 43 without any prescription antidepressants, but the cracks are starting to show. I'm thinking about vaping strains specifically noted for helping mild depressive symptoms.

Depending on where you buy it, the vape's packaging may list thc doses per hit, but your vape dosage might not line up 100% with your edible dose. It's a lot easier to control how high you get, though, since it hits pretty quickly and wears off quicker. I always suggest starting with one hit, waiting about 15 minutes, then take another if you want to be higher.

I'd recommend looking into sativa dominant hybrids, I've found that those help my depression and anxiety a lot more than other types of weed, at least during the day. Check out strains on leafly.com, too, that site's very helpful and you can browse strains by effect, i.e. happy, uplifting, sleepy, etc

e: I was thinking the other kind of vape, other than the packaging part it's still relevant

Overnight Blaze fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Oct 4, 2020

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

Well I've done that too, the problem with the VG is there's really not a lot of space for liquid/salt so there's not a lot of abrasion. Too much and shaking it does nothing because the thing is full of liquid, not enough and it just doesn't slosh around enough to knock the big stuff loose. I'll usually fill it up halfway with alcohol and some salt, then plug both ends with my thumbs and shake. Doing this a couple times with running hot water through it in between each alcohol shake does eventually work, but some of the chunks in there are really hard to get loose and in very awkward spots to get with even a pipe cleaner.

If you're dealing with a glass pathway that can be cleaned with a pipe cleaner, try dipping a pipe cleaner in iso, letting it sit in the glass pathway, then scrubbing a bit more. The secret is letting the isopropyl alcohol soak into whatever you're trying to break down. Solvents work best when they have time to absorb also holy hell I'm high

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

Inspector Hound posted:

I'm going to try that this week. :cheers:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Hirayuki posted:

I got some Indica from caliva and fill the fury edge chamber to about half full, then I turn it on and set it to 370 and have about ten drags, then I set it up to 400 and have a couple more. I do cough a few times and get decently high. I was doing 5mg edibles before that. I'm not a vape expert but that's how I do it. I also start at like 9pm. If I were to start earlier I'd get hungrier I think.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Dynavap with the titanium tip set to the smallest bowl size is pretty great for micro-dosing. I don't even bother grinding, just pick off a teeny bit and smush it in there. Took 2 hits and was good.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
On Friday, I laughed so hard at the goldmined Joining goons P&W thread that I could barely breathe. :420:

Inspector Hound posted:

Excellent! What part was activated and how?

I don't know what you mean. I made mac & cheese and threw some butter in it. :effort:

edit: the mac & cheese was done cooking when I put in the butter because I was worried about accidentally ruining it

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 4, 2020

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

On Friday, I laughed so hard at the goldmined Joining goons P&W thread that I could barely breathe. :420:

I don't know what you mean. I made mac & cheese and threw some butter in it. :effort:

edit: the mac & cheese was done cooking when I put in the butter because I was worried about accidentally ruining it

I didn't know if you did anything fancy with the sauce or something, if it worked it worked!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I'm on weed

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

For like 22 bucks this yocan uni pro was a good pickup, battery seems to last several times longer than my old ooze pen(and I'm not worried about it breaking in my pocket either)

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Inspector Hound posted:

I didn't know if you did anything fancy with the sauce or something, if it worked it worked!

There wasn't exactly sauce -- I basically just boil the mac & cheese in water, then simmer it in milk while I stir in cheddar & American cheese slices (2:1 ratio), and throw in some salt & pepper. There are probably better recipes; this is the bachelorette version.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's a step up from the bachelor version: kraft dinner. Substitute sour cream when you're out of milk. Red pepper flakes for some semblance of flavor.

I could live off kraft dinner, and I'm not even canadian.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Ha right? You made your cheese sauce that's fancy as hell

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That's a step up from the bachelor version: kraft dinner. Substitute sour cream when you're out of milk. Red pepper flakes for some semblance of flavor.

https://youtu.be/8TnWIICkBeE

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

drat, to be honest, I haven't ever made Kraft dinner myself. I'm pretty sure the last boxed macaroni I ate was Associated-brand. We were broke when I was growing up.

Inspector Hound posted:

Ha right? You made your cheese sauce that's fancy as hell

For some reason, this comment reminded me of Velveeta, which reminded me that I should try making shells & cheese instead of macaroni one of these days. Seriously though, mac & cheese is really good with cannabutter, especially if you don't like the weedy taste. Personally I do, but still.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I think I was thinking velveeta; once you reach a certain level of classy adulthoodedness, you can afford and frankly see the wisdom of finer things like pre-mixed cheese sauce

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Had this girlfriend back in the day and we'd eat like 50 of those little corn dogs dipped in jar cheese in one setting. Cheese in a jar! Without weed even

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

grillster posted:

Had this girlfriend back in the day and we'd eat like 50 of those little corn dogs dipped in jar cheese in one setting. Cheese in a jar! Without weed even

The only time I ate anything with a boyfriend was when my then-bf & I got stoned as hell and ate ham & pineapple pizza while watching Doctor Who. Despite the fact that the pizza tasted like vomit I ate three slices, and I'll save my opinions of Doctor Who for the unpopular opinions thread.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

The key is to eat the Doctor Who and watch the pizza.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

The only time I ate anything with a boyfriend was when my then-bf & I got stoned as hell and ate ham & pineapple pizza while watching Doctor Who. Despite the fact that the pizza tasted like vomit I ate three slices, and I'll save my opinions of Doctor Who for the unpopular opinions thread.

It's poo poo. But ham and pineapple pizza is good actually

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

communism bitch posted:

It's poo poo. But ham and pineapple pizza is good actually

I'm telling you -- this pizza tasted like literal vomit. The ham, pineapple, and pizza flavors combined in a way that made it taste like literal vomit.

Maybe my vomit would taste really super good to other people or something, I don't know.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's the mixing of acids. Acids from the tomato sauce (or worse, bbq sauce), acids from the fruit. Hawaiian pizza isn't for everyone.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
People get their blood hot over it but pizza is like weed in that it's inherently at least decent even when it is relatively bad. Talking about normalish pizzas though, no mayo corn monstrosities.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Agrinja posted:

People get their blood hot over it but pizza is like weed in that it's inherently at least decent even when it is relatively bad. Talking about normalish pizzas though, no mayo corn monstrosities.

are you throwing shade at mestre da pizza?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5gTx1fVU4

tbf you have to be pretty cultured to appreciate art pizza like this

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Agrinja posted:

Chicken bacon ranch pizza rules.

Especially when you throw tomatoes and onions on it, and use spicy ranch for the sauce. poo poo, I know what I'm having for dinner.

Ranch is the only way I take mayo. poo poo's disgusting otherwise.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://piescipizza.com/

This poo poo still blows my mind. I can put back a small if I'm high af and it's the best pizza I've ever had. Even their 'normal' pizzas and cheesebread is loving tops. I'm buddies with the guy who runs in, and that dude fuckin' LOVES pizza.

edit - actually weed relevant, the first time I had their pizza I was high as gently caress fighting off a terrible hangover and I got their BLT and it was pure magic, cured me right on the spot

bagmonkey fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Oct 6, 2020

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Agrinja posted:

People get their blood hot over it but pizza is like weed in that it's inherently at least decent even when it is relatively bad.

This is absolutely false.

quote:

Talking about normalish pizzas though, no mayo corn monstrosities.

Corn and (non-American) mayo on a pizza is fine by me. :shrug:

bagmonkey posted:

https://piescipizza.com/

This poo poo still blows my mind. I can put back a small if I'm high af and it's the best pizza I've ever had. Even their 'normal' pizzas and cheesebread is loving tops. I'm buddies with the guy who runs in, and that dude fuckin' LOVES pizza.

edit - actually weed relevant, the first time I had their pizza I was high as gently caress fighting off a terrible hangover and I got their BLT and it was pure magic, cured me right on the spot

I want the Lil Kimchi and the Devastater so bad.

edit:

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Chicken bacon ranch pizza rules.

Only if the chicken isn't breaded.

Martin
Jan 17, 2004

All I know in life is how to pour whiskey and run my mouth off
Dinosaur Gum
My friend works as a baker. He also sells hasch. I’m now on my way home at 2am with pockets full of drugs and freshly baked ciabatta

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I think it's cool that there are so many weird national variations of pizza. It's just flatbread with whatever you like for sauce and toppings, so it adapts quite well to all sorts of cultures. Even Chicago has a dish that superficially resembles pizza.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

YeahTubaMike posted:

Only if the chicken isn't breaded.

Grilled and seasoned.

I've never encountered fried chicken, or baked breaded chicken, on a pizza. Is that a regional thing? Are there people cutting down frozen chicken patties or nuggets and tossing it onto home made pizza?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Grilled and seasoned.

:hmmyes:

quote:

I've never encountered fried chicken, or baked breaded chicken, on a pizza. Is that a regional thing? Are there people cutting down frozen chicken patties or nuggets and tossing it onto home made pizza?

I swear, the last time I got chicken bacon ranch pizza, it had breaded chicken on it. While it wasn't HORRIBLE, it definitely wasn't good.

Also, for the record, I've only eaten chicken bacon ranch pizza that was made in Brooklyn -- the one I had at an office party had grilled chicken on it, the one I ordered in had breaded. :smith: