Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
Man, remember back in the day when it was said that Trump would just surround himself with competent people and let them do all the work while he got to be the face of things?

How many people correctly assessed what ended up happening back then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Cornwind Evil posted:

Man, remember back in the day when it was said that Trump would just surround himself with competent people and let them do all the work while he got to be the face of things?

*raises hand*

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Cornwind Evil posted:

I'm old enough to remember when people said the same thing about W.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Nessus posted:

I'm old enough to remember when people said the same thing about W.

I mean, Dubya mostly did. Awful ghouls of people, but fully competent in their evil.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

I mean, Dubya mostly did. Awful ghouls of people, but fully competent in their evil.

Dubya pretended to be dumber than he was, and wasn’t addicted to praise. Still pretty stupid and evil though.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
GW couldn't get his pet project immigration bill done because the GOP were so aligned against immigrants and gays that one cycle.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

*raises paw*

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

Like Dick Cheney, Rove and all them were pretty heavy lifters.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1312565408310976512

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Still lines up with Herman Cain's case?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Low Oxygen Don

SAD!

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Blood oxygen levels dropping is a pretty major development in the progression of the disease, right? Like, that's usually the sign that means that it's hospitaliztion time?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Haystack posted:

Blood oxygen levels dropping is a pretty major development in the progression of the disease, right? Like, that's usually the sign that means that it's hospitaliztion time?

Would be pretty wild if trump was hospitalized!

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Paul Zuvella posted:

Would be pretty wild if trump was hospitalized!

I know, right?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I like Presidents who don't have low blood oxygen. SAD!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

There's no way that video is from today. And it's clear that the rest of the administration is in cover-up mode while Meadows has thrown four-sheets-to-the-wind.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

so he 100% recorded that Twitter message yesterday as soon as he arrived, huh

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

A neighbor just set off a single firework somewhere nearby. I guess they're just testing to make sure when they're needed. :v:

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

His lack of constant tweets really make me think he's too ill to do his job (which is to tweet apparently)

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

The last doctor's note implies that his BO levels went down to at least 96% which is pretty alarming from what I understand.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Zophar posted:

The last doctor's note implies that his BO levels went down to at least 96% which is pretty alarming from what I understand.

Not remotely. 95% is normal at sea level; 90-94% at a mile high.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
and BO is body odor? that going down sounds good.

Donnie : I smell less? but I love my musk. isnt that right sweetie? *gestures to fever illusion*

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Zophar posted:

96 is really rather decent even for a healthy person

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Ya under 95% is cause for concern, under 90% may be hospital time.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

COVID isn't that fast usually. He probably is off and on well enough to do some things. The fact that he's doing badly at all this early on is a sign that it's going to be real rough within a week though.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Ah, I didn't know. I don't think I've ever had a test below 99%.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zeron posted:

COVID isn't that fast usually. He probably is off and on well enough to do some things. The fact that he's doing badly at all this early on is a sign that it's going to be real rough within a week though.

yea that is true, it took Herman what, a good month to go from 'covid's not so bad, I'll beat this' to 'what ever happened to that Herman Cain guy, oh poo poo he died!'

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

sexpig by night posted:

yea that is true, it took Herman what, a good month to go from 'covid's not so bad, I'll beat this' to 'what ever happened to that Herman Cain guy, oh poo poo he died!'
*checks calendar* Ah, wonderful.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nessus posted:

*checks calendar* Ah, wonderful.

yea we're in for possibly some INCREDIBLE timing if the best happens.

"Donald Trump has lost the presidency so hard he fuckin died"

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Yea O2 Saturation levels above let’s say 93-95 aren’t unusual for a big boy like trumps. But once we get to around 90, 89, 88 its bad. And if that’s what it is on O2?

it’s Hermann Cain Time baby.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Unless Trump's comorbidities include sleep apnea. In which case that and the COVID could gang up on him in once he dozes off and drop that 02 way too low.

I did a sleep study a few weeks back, got the results back yesterday... and now I'm way more worried about COVID than I was before. (and I was already being cautious) So that particular combination has been on my mind today.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Robot Hobo posted:

Unless Trump's comorbidities include sleep apnea. In which case that and the COVID could gang up on him in once he dozes off and drop that 02 way too low.

I did a sleep study a few weeks back, got the results back yesterday... and now I'm way more worried about COVID than I was before. (and I was already being cautious) So that particular combination has been on my mind today.

I'd be surprised if he didn't have sleep apnea issues at his weight.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Who signs official documents with a sharpie?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

davecrazy posted:

Who signs official documents with a sharpie?

My boss when they're feeling lazy. :smith:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Trump does, and has for ages. You can find all kinds of pictures of him signing stuff with them.

Edit: top hit on GIS for "Trump signing bill."

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

White House posted photos. More photos of Trump in supposedly in Walter Reed's executive suite, but it looks like he's signing blank paper...
https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1312587904015835142?s=20

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Young Freud posted:

White House posted photos. More photos of Trump in supposedly in Walter Reed's executive suite, but it looks like he's signing blank paper...
https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1312587904015835142?s=20

Huh.

This is the first picture I can recall showing him with his jacket off. Is it just uncommon or am I crazy? (Or both!)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He will sign the loving wall or bedpan before he leaves

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
e^ remember when he signed a wall ( like a shelter wall of a recent WEATHER hit place)

Skippy McPants posted:

Trump does, and has for ages. You can find all kinds of pictures of him signing stuff with them.

Edit: top hit on GIS for "Trump signing bill."

sharpie is a good brand, but i kinda really want this to be the timeline where McD, Goya, and every big brand / corp that tried kissing Donnie to get the kiss of death.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
How much is blood pressure tied to mental stress? I get that in some ways the fate of the nation doesn’t keep ol donny up at night, but he’s seemingly been on maximum stress since inauguration because his personal character is always under attack.