Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

notable non-armenian genocidal state "turkey"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
can’t do it twice, then your predictable!

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
double jeopardy, but for ethnic cleansing

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

the warfare-knower has logged on

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Gaupo Guacho posted:

have you ever considered not being a gigantic loving pussy?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gently caress off fed

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

wow uh

watching people get blown up in first person is remarkably grim

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

was this aiming for the engine block?

nsfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taEQcL4Q6mU

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Avynte posted:

man, if russia doesn't step in to lend a hand, the airpower provided to the azeri just seems brutal

(vehicle closeups, no bodies)
https://twitter.com/FreakingBeasts/status/1311621720223019010

(cw: squad of mustering troops directly hit by an airstrike)
https://twitter.com/FreakingBeasts/status/1311359897582223360

That vid is old but at :20 the "MLRS" it's blowing up is a canvas decoy. The drone that is flying into it costs $10 million

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i guess the best counter drone strategy is burying all the real stuff until they waste all the drones on decoys

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

They started doing that about 30 seconds after the first dude dropped the first rock off a plane back in WW1

THS
Sep 15, 2017

bappin levels are off the charts

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

Zedhe Khoja posted:

I feel like people are interpreting pretty much everything through the one or two things they know about the history of the region sometimes.
there's a first time for everything

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god

Zedhe Khoja posted:

I feel like people are interpreting pretty much everything through the one or two things they know about the history of the region sometimes.

wrt: International Relations...? why i never

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
so is armenia hosed unless russia joins in? seems like they can't do anything as long as the azeri's have air superiority.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

human garbage bag posted:

so is armenia hosed unless russia joins in? seems like they can't do anything as long as the azeri's have air superiority.
Russia said they will not send troops unless both sides agree to peacekeepers.

https://ria.ru/20201004/peskov-1578166479.html

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/WASBAPPIN/status/1312614703219175424?s=19

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

been laughing at this for five minutes now

loving incredible

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
congrats to the bapster for doing the I love Mexicans! taco bowl tweet but even dumber

sum
Nov 15, 2010

human garbage bag posted:

For all their flashy drone vids it seems like Azerbaijan has made only extremely limited advances on the ground, like sub-Verdun levels. Assuming they're using a conventional strategy it seems likely that they've already expended a lot of their offensive power and gotten next to nothing in return. Wars are almost always declared with an expectation of a quick victory, so the fact things are already stalled it would seem to me that the Azeris are likely to cut their losses soon.

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god

sum posted:

For all their flashy drone vids it seems like Azerbaijan has made only extremely limited advances on the ground, like sub-Verdun levels. Assuming they're using a conventional strategy it seems likely that they've already expended a lot of their offensive power and gotten next to nothing in return. Wars are almost always declared with an expectation of a quick victory, so the fact things are already stalled it would seem to me that the Azeris are likely to cut their losses soon.

those An-2s tho

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

sum posted:

And if Turkey's contribution is "here, we'll send you some Syrians as a blood sacrifice" then, yeah, this poo poo's basically over and done with. The only way it can keep going into "actual conventional war" territory without Russia sticking their dick in or Turkey invading Armenia would be if Armenia decided "well, we have all these volunteers, let's go take over Azerbaijan", and that's the kind of insanity that would lead to a war that spills over into into neighbouring regions.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

sum posted:

it would seem to me that the Azeris are likely to cut their losses soon.

quote:

Չնայած բազմաթիվ նախազգուշացումներին՝ Ադրբեջանի ահաբեկչական բանակը շարունակում է թիրախավորել Ստեփանակերտի խաղաղ բնակչությանը՝ օգտագործելով «Պոլոնեզ» և «Սմերչ» համակարգեր:

Ադրբեջանի խոշոր քաղաքներում մշտական տեղակայված զինվորական օբյեկտները այսուհետ դարձան պաշտպանության բանակի թիրախները: Ադրբեջանի բնակչությանը կոչ եմ անում արագ լքել այդ քաղաքները՝ հնարավոր կորուստներից խուսափելու համար:

Այս ամենի ամբողջ պատասխանատվությունը կրում է Ադրբեջանի ռազմաքաղաքական ղեկավարությունը:

Despite numerous warnings, the Azerbaijani terrorist army continues to target the civilian population of Stepanakert, using "Polonez" and "Smerch" systems. From now on, military facilities permanently located in major cities of Azerbaijan became the targets of the Defense Army. I call on the people of Azerbaijan to leave these cities as soon as possible to avoid possible losses. The entire responsibility for all this lies with the military-political leadership of Azerbaijan.

it just keeps escalating

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
WELL'P NEVER MIND MY POST THEN

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Kazinsal posted:

WELL'P NEVER MIND MY POST THEN

Armenian MoD reporting that they just hit Azeri targets with strategic weapons, probably Iskanders

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Vasukhani posted:

Armenian MoD reporting that they just hit Azeri targets with strategic weapons, probably Iskanders

Specifically it's the Ganja airbase that has been targeted.

https://twitter.com/ArmenianUnified/status/1312650060614823937?s=19

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

OhFunny posted:

Specifically it's the Ganja airbase that has been targeted.

https://twitter.com/ArmenianUnified/status/1312650060614823937?s=19

Azeris are also reporting strikes in two other cities. Ganja airbase is right in the middle of the town too. If something were to spark a general war, this is it.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Vasukhani posted:

Azeris are also reporting strikes in two other cities. Ganja airbase is right in the middle of the town too. If something were to spark a general war, this is it.

It's already a general war. Azerbaijan already stuck Vardenis in Armenia proper a few days ago.

Edit: I like to note Armenian MoD denies these strikes were launched from Armenia.

https://twitter.com/ArmenianUnified/status/1312650841329934336?s=19

The announcement of these strikes come from Infocom's telegram channel, citing Vahram Poghosyan, Arayik's (President of Artsakh) spokesman.

OhFunny has issued a correction as of 08:22 on Oct 4, 2020

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

aphid_licker posted:

They started doing that about 30 seconds after the first dude dropped the first rock off a plane back in WW1

This won't work against the thermal cameras and targeting systems of missiles. Maybe if the decoys were steel and you heat them up. And that fake Sherman is from WW2, there were never used in WW1 aside from training.

sum posted:

lol what? They have destroyed so many tanks and air defense systems and are now bombing cities so it logically it follows they will soon cut their losses? :thumbsup:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Didn't they claim to have taken out a dozen or more air defense units but in reality they non-critically damaged three?

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

OhFunny posted:

It's already a general war. Azerbaijan already stuck Vardenis in Armenia proper a few days ago.

All combat has focused on NK though, It's clear that the Azeris haven't committed their armor yet too, which would be useful in the north.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
hope these kids don't get killed

https://www.criticatac.ro/lefteast/anti-war-statement-of-azerbaijani-leftist-youth/

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Pryor on Fire posted:

This won't work against the thermal cameras and targeting systems of missiles. Maybe if the decoys were steel and you heat them up. And that fake Sherman is from WW2, there were never used in WW1 aside from training.

lol what? They have destroyed so many tanks and air defense systems and are now bombing cities so it logically it follows they will soon cut their losses? :thumbsup:

If the shoot down count is anywhere near correct then Azerbaijani's drone fleet is sustaining heavy losses.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Where are the numbers on how many drones have been shot down and how many they have?

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

A good statement, but honestly I'd be terrified of any grassroots movement in either country at this juncture.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Pryor on Fire posted:

Where are the numbers on how many drones have been shot down and how many they have?

https://twitter.com/ArmenianUnified/status/1312463807403360256?s=20

I've been getting my numbers from here. As for Azerbaijani's total inventory who knows.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

OhFunny posted:

https://twitter.com/ArmenianUnified/status/1312463807403360256?s=20

I've been getting my numbers from here. As for Azerbaijani's total inventory who knows.

lol dude, I think this source might be a tiny bit inflated

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2020/09/the-fight-for-nagorno-karabakh.html

here is a tally of video verified losses, again the Armenians film less poo poo, so its data bias.

wisconsingreg has issued a correction as of 09:14 on Oct 4, 2020

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Vasukhani posted:

We don't really have any better sources than the two sides estimates and I don't see why modern war wouldn't produce high causalities in a short period of time.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Vasukhani posted:

In every war, every side will inflate their kill claims. It's always safe to assume the real number is at most around half of what's claimed, and that's a generous estimate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
https://twitter.com/HovhanNaz/status/1312668896726523904

lmfao no way right