Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rhesus Pieces posted:

all of those things should be fair game for destruction imo

we all knew what those would be used for when video first came out years ago and they just sloppily admitted to it

oh word? there are police surveillance robots just like this but you swear these are the nice ones that are programmed only to help blind people cross the street?

sorry, you hosed up. you blew the public trust and now these multi-million dollar robots decades in the making all deserve to be hogtied and chucked off the nearest pier because you fuckers absolutely cannot be trusted with poo poo like this
Im gonna ride it like a little pony and you can't stop me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/ChangeTheRef/status/1312024331225051136

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Oh yeah this is the kinda poo poo I come here for. This is going to keep me hosed up about the state of the world for a good while

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I've wanted to try making post-death message app where you script videos that go with a dialog tree, if I had time and funding for such a project, but AIs putting words in people's mouths makes that idea sadder

https://www.deadmansswitch.net/ and http://www.deadman.io/ are similar concepts

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 19:40 on Oct 3, 2020

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Dixie Flatline says vote!

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
Hi, Malcom X here reminding you that the decision we face this November is the most consequential of our lifetimes...

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

galenanorth posted:

I've wanted to try making post-death message app where you script videos that go with a dialog tree, if I had time and funding for such a project, but AIs putting words in people's mouths makes that idea sadder

https://www.deadmansswitch.net/ and http://www.deadman.io/ are similar concepts

That was a big plot point in some movie or TV show, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it

They showed you people filming all their dialogue. Of course, it was all in an expensive studio as it was the time before apps

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Amphigory posted:

That was a big plot point in some movie or TV show, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it

They showed you people filming all their dialogue. Of course, it was all in an expensive studio as it was the time before apps

I think you may be referring to the incredibly highly forgettable - despite it's stacked cast list - Things To Do in Denver When You're Dead?

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg29TuWo0Yo

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Devs was a pretty good show

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
It was my mom's idea

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/JoshFeldberg/status/1312084177425256449

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
the Culture but instead of reaching political decisions through consensus we rely on the decrees of mind-state abstracts from the Founding Fathers

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

twitter is cool b/c you can watch a video and then chastise people for not getting over their sons murder in a way that satisfies the true ubermench, someone with the internet

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

eSports Chaebol posted:

the Culture but instead of reaching political decisions through consensus we rely on the decrees of mind-state abstracts from the Founding Fathers

this is just the gippers from wasteland 3

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Kitfox88 posted:

this is just the gippers from wasteland 3

I stole their AI then drove off in my clowncar that was piloted by that AI that was supposed to serve the original Reagan.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I stole their AI then drove off in my clowncar that was piloted by that AI that was supposed to serve the original Reagan.

same, also immediately dicked down the horny robot at the Denver airport

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Kitfox88 posted:

same, also immediately dicked down the horny robot at the Denver airport

Jodie had a good time.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

Somehow it's still fundamentally insane to me that conservatives accept this kind of corrupt, dishonest "help" with no reflection on what it means about them that they are OK with constant cheating and lying.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

ynohtna posted:

I think you may be referring to the incredibly highly forgettable - despite it's stacked cast list - Things To Do in Denver When You're Dead?

loving hell, well remembered. It's all coming back to me now

Boat drinks to you, my friend *places palm on your palm*

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Literally Esoteric posted:

Somehow it's still fundamentally insane to me that conservatives accept this kind of corrupt, dishonest "help" with no reflection on what it means about them that they are OK with constant cheating and lying.

lmao if you've ever thought that the "me first and the gimme gimme" types are ever going to play by the rules. Every single thing they can get away with will be done and more.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

they're bad people. it's not complicated

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It's called being a winner, chump. Losers are gonna whine anyway so who cares what they say :c00lbutt:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Amphigory posted:

loving hell, well remembered. It's all coming back to me now

Boat drinks to you, my friend *places palm on your palm*

boat drinks

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/SwarmFeral/status/1312604002912071681

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

It's good, but I still prefer the one where you slayed a balrog

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

"the battle to belong begins" would be a hammy line in a YA scifi novella about evil school nazis that are always repressing the burger King kids club ripoffs

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

The Glumslinger posted:

It's good, but I still prefer the one where you slayed a balrog

The other branches, as I remember it, ail have ads that focus on selling themselves as a gateway to a fulfilling life serving an important cause; Marines stuff is more like “be Ghost Rider and ram a jet ski made of boobies right into the side of Darth Vader to stop him from killing a noble samurai with the One Ring.” which makes me think they mainly want to entice only the loneliest psychotic dorks to join the Corp.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
A loving dress blues commercial

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

mysterious frankie posted:

The other branches, as I remember it, ail have ads that focus on selling themselves as a gateway to a fulfilling life serving an important cause; Marines stuff is more like “be Ghost Rider and ram a jet ski made of boobies right into the side of Darth Vader to stop him from killing a noble samurai with the One Ring.” which makes me think they mainly want to entice only the loneliest psychotic dorks to join the Corp.

Royal Marines had an advert way back that was literally "do you want to be the badguy in a horror movie": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf-ptEYBEtE

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Milo and POTUS posted:

A loving dress blues commercial

You shoulda rolled into battle with a sword, Brad. That woulda loving rocked

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

All the comments are pointing out it's some zoomer meme making fun of maga freaks, not an actual botnet, hence "thank you for ending racism" and the slightly more incoherent than usual emoji vomit

the real russian bot was the out-of-touch fake-news-forwarding grandpa inside us all along

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 18:39 on Oct 4, 2020

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Royal Marines had an advert way back that was literally "do you want to be the badguy in a horror movie": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf-ptEYBEtE

Lol, a certain percentage of humanity having a brain like a Slipknot & Xbox fan site is universal.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Carnage4Life/status/1311133926354690048

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

mysterious frankie posted:

Navy advertising at the time I almost joined when I was young and dumb was all "learn useful skills! We'll get you a job when you get out! You probably wont ever do war crimes look at this guy we got whos taking care of turtles!" which was all mostly lies I'm sure, but at least they pretended to offer you something.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Blockade posted:

Navy advertising at the time I almost joined when I was young and dumb was all "learn useful skills! We'll get you a job when you get out! You probably wont ever do war crimes look at this guy we got whos taking care of turtles!" which was all mostly lies I'm sure, but at least they pretended to offer you something.

that’s all more likely to be true in the navy at least

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

they should collaborate. i'm sure the police have a facial recognition algorithm that can only see black faces

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Blockade posted:

“Are you Patriot enough to sit in front of a bank of switches and talk to helicopter pilots over a headset for half a decade in order to buy into a gated welfare system that will pay for your economics degree?” Is the gist of the Navy commercials I remember from being a kid, but I did just see an Army commercial where soldiers are portrayed as emergency workers saving children’s pets from the various environmental disasters befalling our planet as of late, which is just... packed with fretful meaning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.