Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

If you're not in the defense fleet, stay the gently caress out of W-U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

are the space racists going to lose another timer and then claim a victory lmao

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

now that i think about it they haven't ever set a timer on it too busy welping for content

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
it's funny that the games market is small enough it can be manipulated so easily.

I'm trying to buy some t5 cruiser modules in Jita and someone has bought everything within 10 jumps and relisted it for 5x-10x the usual price

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

that's basically the only way to profit from relisting with these taxes

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Aren’t T5 modules pretty easy to farm though? Can’t see that being a sustainable strategy.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Got with the janitor today and got wiki oauth set up through discord. You might have to login twice, but it works. :unsmith:

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

This is amazing and I love you.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Rectal Death Adept posted:

it's funny that the games market is small enough it can be manipulated so easily.

I'm trying to buy some t5 cruiser modules in Jita and someone has bought everything within 10 jumps and relisted it for 5x-10x the usual price

Well, time to empty my looting inventory

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Khris Kruel posted:

Everyone, we have word there was a possible leak that W-U is an important system to us. Spread the word

B-but I was told there's nothing in W-U. IS LEADERSHIP LYING TO US? WAS SSH ACTUALLY RIGHT?!

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Now that we're all rolling in deadspace bux I highly recommend getting a BATTLE VENTURE.

This can literally be you, to every other venture in vale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCpYqWAIwFA

honk

Context for potential new honkers - miners in nullsec are skittish fellows, as combat ships often try to blow them up. They typically leave their guard down when other mining ships show up though.

Enter the Battle Venture - a mining ship equipped with missiles and special equipment to keep other ships from warping off as your loving barrages of missiles embrace them. As an added bonus, the venture gets a boost to locking onto space rocks for mining, but this boost also applies to locking your warp scramblers and missiles onto other ventures, meaning you can lock and hold someone in a battle venture faster than you can in most combat ships.

A GIANT PARSNIP fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Oct 4, 2020

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

OniPanda posted:

B-but I was told there's nothing in W-U. IS LEADERSHIP LYING TO US? WAS SSH ACTUALLY RIGHT?!

There is nothing in W-U. We have always been at war with SHH.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

OniPanda posted:

Under no circumstances should anyone go to W-U. There is nothing in W-U.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Earlier on an op there was a false alarm, I thought we might be headed into W-U. But thankfully, we were just visiting a system that has WU in it. No "-" between them. Not that there would have been any problem with that, of course, since there's nothing at all...special...about W-U.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

There is especially not a link between the two W-Us that lets you traverse time and space, no no.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Hey y'all, just about to jump into W-U to check on the...

Hold up, someone's at the door. Brb.

DRWN
Aug 29, 2020

OniPanda posted:

Who is SHH? Is it a corp from that chinese alliance?

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

DRWN posted:

Who is SHH?

The enemy

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012
haven't seen this much propoganda good propoganda in a while! waiting for the go goosefleeters, go goosefleeters, GOOOOOOO! (speed racer) my banned rear end is completely entertained. thank you! i might clean my van out now to the new theme music.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I guess now is the time to start skilling up and accumulating wealth before things like scanning, interdictors and industry potentially get added in the future.

Running gatecamps in a cruiser and ignoring hostiles in local since its impossible for them to find me in a mission is a nice change.

Still is nuts that points cost as much as cruisers since modules are only created by loot drops currently.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

DRWN posted:

Nah its a bunch of racists and racist enablers that live in Dek. Conveniently, enough some of us “goons” are part of one of their little corps who totally arent racist!!!!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

DRWN posted:

you clearly know you quoted ssh and said the correct shh.

can't even pull that one off

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Just started this because I am stuck in quarantine with nothing else to do. Is there any reason not to spend my free points?

Also is there any reason not to join a Corp? Doubt I’ll play for long but who knows.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Just started this because I am stuck in quarantine with nothing else to do. Is there any reason not to spend my free points?

Also is there any reason not to join a Corp? Doubt I’ll play for long but who knows.

You get 500k sp for joining a corp. Spend your points in whatever you want to match your preferred ship.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

You get 500k sp for joining a corp. Spend your points in whatever you want to match your preferred ship.

But does joining the Corp mean people can kill me wherever or whatever?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

No, wardecs aren't in yet.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

drat Dirty Ape posted:

It's sometimes worth saving your free points for when you hit the next tier if there's something you can't put points into, Cruisers at T5, BCs at T7 mostly. You hit T5 pretty much instantly though if you join a corp.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

DRWN posted:

SHH is an alliance run by a jackass from Eve Online that got banned from one of the alliance tournaments or whatever for carrying 1488 gas in their ship inventories all the time so it would show up in killmails. He was a fleet commander for Pandemic Legion or something like that?

Anyway he and all his cronies are giant screaming manbabies that constantly poo poo up reddit, etc. to the point where most of the rest of the game wants them dead. Conveniently one of the corps in the alliance, China Man Bad, is where most of the fake goons that we've given the boot are hanging out.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Shoutout to SHH and other would-be opsec gatherers perusing this thread!

Do you like our free ships? They were handed out at no cost to us for free!

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Is it time to beef up security on the wiki? Looks like we've attracted a couple users with names of alliance members that are acting like bots or vandals.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Gotta say I missed how paranoid Eve corps get.

All we need is an idiot blowhard like Mittani to pretend to be Space CIA and talk about background checks and cutting power lines to peoples houses

Sivias
Dec 12, 2006

I think we can just sit around and just talk about our feelings.

Hello Sailor posted:

Is it time to beef up security on the wiki? Looks like we've attracted a couple users with names of alliance members that are acting like bots or vandals.

It seems it was -

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Got with the janitor today and got wiki oauth set up through discord. You might have to login twice, but it works. :unsmith:

If it's not too much to ask (and totally ok if it is), is it possible to keep some of the newbie training material available for some of us honkers-to-be?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

I'll talk to Jazz, but I think you have a weeks top. Once they lose the station on friday night, their alliance will implode with failure

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

I'm out but thanks for the fun guys! I hit the logical high point for earning money while working, and hoenstly it was just becoming a bit of a chore.

Games fun as gently caress and can't recommend it enough. Whoever's speedy enough can grab some of my hoard of named story poo poo. Couple mallers in there as well and big mchuge nabbed my prophecy

See ya later SA Goons! Get well Clousey

w00tmonger fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Oct 4, 2020

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Later w00tmonger, come back any time.

Sivias
Dec 12, 2006

I think we can just sit around and just talk about our feelings.

Khris Kruel posted:

I'll talk to Jazz, but I think you have a weeks top. Once they lose the station on friday night, their alliance will implode with failure

It's all good - I'll just keep on keepin' on until the time is right.

Make those space racists pay!

Honk!

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

w00tmonger posted:

I'm out but thanks for the fun guys! I hit the logical high point for earning money while working, and hoenstly it was just becoming a bit of a chore.

Games fun as gently caress and can't recommend it enough. Whoever's speedy enough can grab some of my hoard of named story poo poo. Couple mallers in there as well and big mchuge nabbed my prophecy

See ya later SA Goons! Get well Clousey

We'll be here, honkin in the free world

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Jesus I joined the discord and there is a whole lot of stuff I don't understand going on in there. Is there a place for idiots like me to just press buttons on my phone when I'm pooping and still contribute somehow? Does it matter which goon corp I join? Regbot suggested one, but I don't know if I'm gonna go combat or industrial yet and that seems to be the main differentiation. This game is a lot more advanced than I initially expected it to be.

Also the wiki just asks me to authorize with my discord over and over again but never lets me see anything, but that could just be me being an idiot with discord or something. I'm basically just looking for some newbie guides for making money and picking skills.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Jesus I joined the discord and there is a whole lot of stuff I don't understand going on in there. Is there a place for idiots like me to just press buttons on my phone when I'm pooping and still contribute somehow? Does it matter which goon corp I join? Regbot suggested one, but I don't know if I'm gonna go combat or industrial yet and that seems to be the main differentiation. This game is a lot more advanced than I initially expected it to be.

Also the wiki just asks me to authorize with my discord over and over again but never lets me see anything, but that could just be me being an idiot with discord or something. I'm basically just looking for some newbie guides for making money and picking skills.

Eve Echoes has a much steeper learning curve than most phone games. It's dumbed down EO, sure, but EO is insanely complicated and it only dumbs it down a little. The wiki should allow you to authenticate through discord? You might have to click login a few times to get it to work, we just switched over to discord auth last night.

Once you auth successfully, you can read the gosling guide. More generally you probably want to get some destroyer skills to start, skip frigates entirely. Get a free Coercer Navy I ssue/Coercer 2 to play with, then start skilling into cruisers and pick up an Omen. You can order free boats from #boats-r-us in discord, you can ask in #newbie-questions-skills-and-fits and someone will probably be happy to help you. We're still trying to rope someone into being our new player helper.

You'll need the basic omega to receive the free ships, though there maybe Coercer 2s just in hangars you can pull out even as an alpha. As far as corps go it's probably better to just go into HAUS/XBUX to start and switch to MEAN later if you really want to be an industrialist.

There's probably different stuff you can do if you want to mine, I don't mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Read this guide. Ask questions in the newbie channel. Join the corp the bot tells you to join. You can pretty safely ignore a LOT of things, but you'll need to have some idea of where you'll want to focus first. Eve's skill system heavily rewards focus, but you pretty much can't screw anything up too badly.