Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

FilthyImp posted:

The Fall thread is pretty much done but did anyone stay with Misfit of Demon Academy. I enjoyed it as kind of a low-stakes thing with some ok twists and a decent ending -- definite BL vibes from the Great Hero and Demon Lord.
That was pretty much my impression. It was much better than I expected it to be from reading the summary.

Also it was genuinely funny and heartwarming whenever the parents showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

FilthyImp posted:

Was that framerate always so smooth??

I'm getting the feeling that's interpolated

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
nipah~

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

chumbler posted:

Where are the beeps?

Literally the first thing that came to my mind.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gundam Wing is good, gently caress the haters.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Sindai posted:

Also it was genuinely funny and heartwarming whenever the parents showed up.
Yes!!

Part of their over the top sincerity and cuteness is because Anos is, like, literally 3 months old or someshit. But the coda where he brings another girl home and his buddies mention they technically have 10,000 kids was amazing and a really fun way to end things.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Io4aHizWvQ

pv for the new gridman thing happening in like 30 seconds from this post

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
my av have a hat yet

not yet

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Endorph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Io4aHizWvQ

pv for the new gridman thing happening in like 30 seconds from this post

Doesn’t tell us much but neat nonetheless. Do we know when this show is supposed to start yet?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/Irritabilitybot/status/1310639392772550658

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 4, 2020

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Furnaceface posted:

I am glad you showed up on the field of battle that favours your opponent

I will literally be the only hockey fan in Canada who will applaud when fighting is finally banned.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

The stakes in the adventures of overpowered spider are a bit weird

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Are these transformers references again I can’t tell

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

I will literally be the only hockey fan in Canada who will applaud when fighting is finally banned.

Yeah, good luck man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxFS2JAyleo

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mister Facetious posted:

As boomers die the percentage of fans that enjoy/want fighting will shrink since they all have Don Cherry brain poisoning. You can already see the rage bubbling to the surface since the game has mostly changed to a skill/speed based one where having a goon or grinder will hamper your ability to roll 4 lines successfully, which has reduced the number of fights that occur.

Ice hockey is seriously such a good fit for a sports anime and Im sad no one has capitalized on it yet. :(

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Good looking stoner couple.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm caught up with Ore-tachi no Field, the translation is still bad but the art is so, so good. Sometimes the action gets a little confusing though, although you can tell the author is getting better. Kenichi Muraeda had really refined his skills by the time he started Red, but seeing his younger art is really cool too. He wears his influences on his sleeve a lot more, you can see a lot of Ishinomori, Ken Ishikawa and Yoshihisa Tagami here. Weird thing about the translator is that I looked them up and they're a pretty successful graphic designer with a pretty wide resume, which probably explains by the scans are well done even though the translation is terrible.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

El Burbo posted:

im thinking they might be doing beast wars references this time? The girl looks a bit like Inferno's color scheme.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Furnaceface posted:

As boomers die the percentage of fans that enjoy/want fighting will shrink since they all have Don Cherry brain poisoning. You can already see the rage bubbling to the surface since the game has mostly changed to a skill/speed based one where having a goon or grinder will hamper your ability to roll 4 lines successfully, which has reduced the number of fights that occur.

Ice hockey is seriously such a good fit for a sports anime and Im sad no one has capitalized on it yet. :(

Ranka 1/2. :haw:

"Charlotte, Charlotte, CHARRLOTTE!!"

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

Endorph posted:

im thinking they might be doing beast wars references this time? The girl looks a bit like Inferno's color scheme.

I think you might be onto something. Gauma does remind me a bit of Megatron, and the dragon alt-form seems like it lines up with the guy's relationship to Dynazenon.

The others seem like they could be Predacons too. Koyomi has similar colours to Quickstrike, Yomogi to Scorponok, and Yume to Dinobot.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Halloween av tomorrow woo woo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

IBO is very much on the polyam rights train, yeah.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/LuigiThirty/status/1312859732248592389

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bakarina's alternate story is alright but I really feel like making basically everything the exact same as in the regular story is a real missed opportunity.

El Burbo posted:

I don't know but yes.

I'm not holding out I'll like it as much as Gridman because the giant monster fights aren't really what I was interested in but it'll probably be a good time.

Waffleman_ posted:

IBO is very much on the polyam rights train, yeah.

That was probably the second weirdest part of IBO to me.

After Edmonton being a major world center. I mean, come on.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/VintageHenshin/status/1312797561967783939?s=20

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Acerbatus posted:

There was also the adult nobleman who was in an arranged engagement with a literal child and I think it was supposed to be commenting on how hosed up that was but it wasn't very critical about their relationship at all.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

The turbines are weird but I think the Atra/Mika/Kudelia thing works fine. It's clear that Atra and Kudelia love each other, too, its not just Mika focused, and everyone's pretty onboard with it immediately.

Waffleman_ posted:

There was also the adult nobleman who was in an arranged engagement with a literal child and I think it was supposed to be commenting on how hosed up that was but it wasn't very critical about their relationship at all.
That's one where it's easy to miss but there's a lot of lines later on where people talk about how McGillis has the mentality of a child, doesn't thinks his plans through, etc. I think less than 'wow this is hosed up' it's meant to get across that hes basically a 12 year old in a grown man's body. Of course it's a weird way of getting that across, but.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Also tbf Dynazenon is the exact same creative staff as Gridman so I can't imagine they'll double down entirely on monster fights. It'll probably be pretty character focused in the same way Gridman was.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Acerbatus posted:

Wasnt Winnipeg a major city in some anime? And then it had a moon dropped on it or something?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was always amused that Ghost in the Shell took place in Newport even though it's unlikely that it was Newport, Wales

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the sdf-1 macross accidentally blew up ontario, in one episode

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lmfao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

its loving real too, from yesterday

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

homeless snail posted:

the sdf-1 macross accidentally blew up ontario, in one episode

A worthy sacrifice to prevent Lynn Kaifun from entering the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

lmfao