Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
how many Jag’s tested positive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

JT Jag posted:

who's playing football this week and who isn't

Is that something you want though?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Metapod posted:

Is that something you want though?
Only when watching the offense

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I think for everyone's safety we should cancel the 2020 football season and oh would you look at that this makes the Titans the AFC South champs good season everybody!

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

JT Jag posted:

Lmao I never expected somebody to "Scoreboard" this in 2020

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

JT Jag posted:

I wouldn't call what the Jags do "playing football"

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The Jags are only not reporting because they've adopted the "herd immunity" ethic of their future home city of London.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Probably Magic posted:

The Jags are only not reporting because they've adopted the "herd immunity" ethic of their future home city of London.

Boris Johnson the new mascot of the London Jags

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No more "Oh they played such a tough schedule" excuses

They're getting jobbed by the Vikings now

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
It's a good thing I've decided to root for a coach firing because I would be incandescently angry at the catch rules otherwise

e: also this dumbass motherfucker in charge of my team called two run plays to start that series and really that tells you whatever you need to know about the dipshit

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

fast cars loose anus posted:

It's a good thing I've decided to root for a coach firing because I would be incandescently angry at the catch rules otherwise

That play was a win win for me. Either we have a chance to tie or it's one step closer to BoB loving off forever.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm hoping the Texans lose the first overall pick to the Dolphins because it might be the one thing that gets BOB fired

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
haha wait Jacksonville is about to lose to Cincy? This fuckin division I swear

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Titans the best team in the division, even at home with the roni

Lol texans

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The Titans are never going to play again for the rest of the season and win the AFC South.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

I'm hoping the Texans lose the first overall pick to the Dolphins because it might be the one thing that gets BOB fired

The dolphins already have that pick though

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Give me the afcs champion banner

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

The dolphins already have that pick though

The Dolphins have one win, an insurmountable lead over the Texans

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Metapod posted:

Give me the afcs champion banner

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/1313220830118248448?s=19

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Congratulations, Texans fans!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's finally over

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
He took one too many up the chin.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens in the off-season. Watson should make it an attractive spot, but the lack of draft picks will hurt.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Not pleased by this

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
It's ok, BOB basically tanked their season. We have to worry about the future, where some coach might not waste Watson.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

It's ok, BOB basically tanked their season. We have to worry about the future, where some coach might not waste Watson.

They won't be able to get talent around him for a few years at least. Trading away Hopkins and the draft picks next year along with other bad contracts has screwed them. This is like when Luck was in his prime with Grigson and all they had were aging FAs all around and Luck and TY were left to drag everyone along. But the Texans don't even have someone like TY.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Fuller is good for 4 healthy games

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I still think it's funny that David Johnson had half of a good game against the Chiefs and some people were like "Oh maybe he's back" and since then he's been butt and Nuk has been legendary with Kyler

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Codependent Poster posted:

They won't be able to get talent around him for a few years at least. Trading away Hopkins and the draft picks next year along with other bad contracts has screwed them. This is like when Luck was in his prime with Grigson and all they had were aging FAs all around and Luck and TY were left to drag everyone along. But the Texans don't even have someone like TY.

Yeah this is a tough situation to turn around because Watson is going to continue to take abuse while you try to build around him. There are solid veterans on the team that you could trade, but that would just open more holes. And they won't be getting good picks both because of the Miami trade and because the roster is good enough to stay out of the top 5 picks. Going to have to get a lot of value out of mid round picks in the next few years.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I read that the Jaguars' James Robinson has the most total yards from scrimmage for an undrafted rookie in NFL history, which makes cutting Fournette make a lot more sense.

quote:

Robinson has gotten off to such a good start he became the first undrafted player in NFL history to garner at least 300 scrimmage yards and multiple touchdowns through three career games.

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/04/nfl-legend-london-fletcher-praises-rb-james-robinson-after-impressive-start/

Dude is really good if you haven't seen him and has a weird mix of speed, power and pass receiving skills.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Having to cut Tunsil to create cap room because you gave away too many picks for Tunsil is going to be peak Texans

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1313233737174454272

lol Dabo to the Texans

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

fartknocker posted:

He took one too many up the chin.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens in the off-season. Watson should make it an attractive spot, but the lack of draft picks will hurt.

Cross quotin’ from the BoB thread:

:sickos:

I mean, obviously it’s way too early to judge things, but holy poo poo that’d be potentially amazing on a few levels.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'd take him over loving McDaniels, but like most long term college football coaches I doubt he wants to give up his fiefdom and get a job where the coach is less important to the team than the players

e: His current salary would also make him the 3rd or 4th highest paid NFL coach so they'd probably have to pay him Belichick money to get him

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 5, 2020

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The record of college coaches going to the NFL is overall not great and even the god amongst men coaching college, Nick Saban, failed absolutely miserably in the NFL.

Leave Dabo to dunk his recruits in South Carolina and hire someone else

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pete did just fine, but he'd already been moderately successful as an NFL head coach before going to USC

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Yeah you can always point to someone like him or Jimmy Johnson or Switzer who was good but then you have the Sabans and Spurriers of the world who were great college coaches and couldn't do it

It's essentially a crapshoot so you might as well grab someone who has been around NFL teams and at least then you avoid the "college coach has to learn he isn't king and highest paid guy in the room anymore"

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

If I were hiring a college coach I'd hire Ryan Day, especially if I have a young QB. Pls don't though.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The ones that win by being good at scheming have a good record the ones that win because of recruiting are almost always awful. Dabo would be awful in the pros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

Yeah you can always point to someone like him or Jimmy Johnson or Switzer who was good but then you have the Sabans and Spurriers of the world who were great college coaches and couldn't do it

It's essentially a crapshoot so you might as well grab someone who has been around NFL teams and at least then you avoid the "college coach has to learn he isn't king and highest paid guy in the room anymore"

Seems to me that hiring first time NFL head coaches in general is a crapshoot