Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Maxwell Lord posted:

Hades: You can pet Cerberus.

Yes, but if you only tell one head that he is a good boy, does it count as 1 pet or 1/3rd of a pet? This is important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

thepopmonster posted:

Yes, but if you only tell one head that he is a good boy, does it count as 1 pet or 1/3rd of a pet? This is important.
It's the same animal, you don't have to pet every square inch of a dog for it to be a full pet and frankly I would be worried if you did.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
To be fair, most dogs don't have 3 heads, which implies three brains. Are they three separate dogs on one body, like most things portray it as, or are they a shared consciousness, in which case touching one touches all of them?

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

There's only one animation for the pet and it's on one head but there is a voice line that indicates the other heads don't like it when he pets them so Zagreus is being considerate :3:

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Cerberus brains are actually spread throughout their whole body, like an octopus.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

thepopmonster posted:

zagreus may be forgiven for not using the grammatically awkward but more accurate "good boys"

only one of cerb's heads likes pets anyway

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I mean most dogs prefer being pet in one place over another. Basic dog science.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Morpheus posted:

I mean most dogs prefer being pet in one place over another. Basic dog science.

They all like butt-rubs, therefore the amount of heads is irrelevant. At worst you only have one happy dog head. At best you have three happy dog heads.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Overminty posted:

There's only one animation for the pet and it's on one head but there is a voice line that indicates the other heads don't like it when he pets them so Zagreus is being considerate :3:

They actually put in that line specifically to head off questions as to why you can't pet all 3 heads individually (because the real answer is that it would have been a lot of work).

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
If Cerberus was a real ally he wouldn't stonewall you in Styx. No pets for the tool of the oppressor.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

If Cerberus was a real ally he wouldn't stonewall you in Styx. No pets for the tool of the oppressor.
Most dogs will come to the door with you hoping to accompany you. Zagreus is the dick for not inviting him along.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you take Cerberus for a walk do you use one leash or three?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
One of those chest harness thingies.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

madeintaipei posted:

They all like butt-rubs, therefore the amount of heads is irrelevant. At worst you only have one happy dog head. At best you have three happy dog heads.

Cerberus' counterpart who guards the gates of heaven has only one head, but three butts to rub

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/BG7tOUK.mp4
Surprisingly relevant, I'm getting close to wrapping up this runthrough of MGSV and I am now accepting suggestions of other games in which it's possible to airdrop in a dog to pet

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

high-fiving Quill in Moss is just the most adorable thing :3

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://i.imgur.com/BG7tOUK.mp4
Surprisingly relevant, I'm getting close to wrapping up this runthrough of MGSV and I am now accepting suggestions of other games in which it's possible to airdrop in a dog to pet

I like how that's started becoming an expected feature in games. The petting part, I mean. Not the airdropping.

Unless...?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

christmas boots posted:

I like how that's started becoming an expected feature in games. The petting part, I mean. Not the airdropping.

Unless...?

Well how else will they be vetted by literally the best twitter account? :colbert:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Still waiting for more dog airdrop recommendations

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Captain Hygiene posted:

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Captain Hygiene posted:

If there’s one thing I know it’s that Kojima is a visionary and it’ll take the rest of the industry another few years to catch up.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Somebody patch this friendly fellow into Death Stranding and I'll give it another try

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

christmas boots posted:

Unless...?

With a bit of imagination, previous games can also have petting. In MGS2 I sometimes hug guards too hard so they need to chill out for a while :kiddo:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
In Red Alert 3 you can airdrop - but not pet - bears. I'm not sure where this tracks on the good game scale.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Pretty sure airdropping any animal is pretty up there, dogs are just worth more points because you can pet them.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You can pet a bear, but usually only once

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Looks like MGSV's going back in the "bad" column, I was previously happy with the ability to punch and fulton out a bear, but that is no longer enough to satisfy me.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

John Murdoch posted:

In Red Alert 3 you can airdrop - but not pet - bears. I'm not sure where this tracks on the good game scale.

Red Alert 2 has dogs but they do not want pets. Nope. Not at all.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Far Cry Primal was well ahead of the trend allowing you to pet all the tamed animals (or be affectionately mauled by the Honey Badger).

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Oxxidation posted:

zagreus may be forgiven for not using the grammatically awkward but more accurate "good boys"

only one of cerb's heads likes pets anyway

I believe the term is "goods boy".

In relevant to the thread news, I've just got a gun that fires other guns in Borderlands 3 and it's a delight.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Ooh, I get to fly with Wedge in Star Wars Squadrons. It caught me by surprised despite how obvious it should be.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

moosecow333 posted:

Ooh, I get to fly with Wedge in Star Wars Squadrons. It caught me by surprised despite how obvious it should be.

I like how i can get a porg in my cockpit and also how Frisk is badly trying to card shark you

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

I like how i can get a porg in my cockpit and also how Frisk is badly trying to card shark you

Hey, he’a just trying to learn! So distrusting.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm playing Ghost of Tsushima, and really like the duels, they are a lot of fun. I also like how the sidequests run the gamut from down to earth war drama, to epic supernatural swordplay. The Yasuhiro Koga fight was awesome

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
In Squadrons, yes you can totally get a Gonk bobblehead. GONK

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
My buddy just mentioned this

What was that one GTA Clone were you could heal by leaning against a wall?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

verbal enema posted:

Saboteur? I don’t remember if it healed you but you could hide by leaning against the wall and having a cigarette.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

verbal enema posted:

Getaway? (I never played it)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkfxsOM45fQ&t=357s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, Getaway tried to do a whole "cinematic" thing where they removed a bunch of hud stuff, health packs and the like. For example in that video you can see that instead of a minimap the turn signals would tell you when you had to turn to get where you were supposed to be going.