Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

jetsetter posted:

Weird to reference this but this is how LeRoi Moore died. He had an injury and was hospitalized, but could not stay away from the action of the tour. Against medical advice he left the hospital, got on an airplane and died in LA.
This is also what happened to Tiny Tim. Had a heart attack while performing, survived, but was told by doctors that he was no longer healthy enough to perform. Did it anyway, had another heart attack, and died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Nessus posted:

From an electoral perspective, living might be worse.

Much like there was basically no 'good' option for Republicans electorally once RBG died, the moment Trump was diagnosed with COVID-19 there was basically no 'good' outcome for Republicans electorally. His death would probably the best possible outcome for the GOP in general, but we'll see how it all plays out.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
People had to say goodbye to their loved ones over Zoom because of strict isolation protocols. Then this rear end in a top hat decides to spend his treatment having a loving parade. I wish he could take SOME self-reflection and realize how insensitive this stunt was. But no. He is incapable of any empathetic or sympathetic thought whatsoever.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/yasminv/status/1312871726108356608

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
https://twitter.com/JoshNBCNews/status/1312873557974749184?s=20

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

My Twitter Account posted:

This is also what happened to Tiny Tim. Had a heart attack while performing, survived, but was told by doctors that he was no longer healthy enough to perform. Did it anyway, had another heart attack, and died.

Things that bother you never bothered him, after all

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:kheldragar: :kheldragar: :kheldragar:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

:yeshaha:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I really shouldn’t have posted that tweet because there are others that say he’s repeatedly tested negative.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I almost want this more than Trump

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I really shouldn’t have posted that tweet because there are others that say he’s repeatedly tested negative.

yeah well, you report negative every time until you don't

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

wilderthanmild posted:

Why are they giving him melatonin?

It's a sleep aid. There's also some speculation that it can fight lung inflammation.

no mom very hungry
Oct 5, 2004

You are getting sleepy...

"When you wish upon a star"

:pray:

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

:pray:

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

The way the WH has handled this is so strange. It continues to be strange. In a lot of ways I think they were hoping the Biden and Democratic side would fall for what I can only rationalize as their attempt to spin Covid. It remains to be seen if they will.

I’m not doubting that he and many others have Covid. What I think is they absolutely had a contingency plan to leverage confirmed infection to reframe the admins failures on covid, and we are seeing that. Dems took down negative ads, they have been boxed into wishing well and Trump will come out as a person with first hand knowledge of the virus.

You heard it right there in the video. Not that ‘book kind of school’ they are trying to argue experiential learning beats out any of this ‘science stuff’ that the Biden camp has.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

I need to get out of these jeans and into sweatpants, I need less restriction.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

clam the gently caress down posted:

The way the WH has handled this is so strange. It continues to be strange. In a lot of ways I think they were hoping the Biden and Democratic side would fall for what I can only rationalize as their attempt to spin Covid. It remains to be seen if they will.

I’m not doubting that he and many others have Covid. What I think is they absolutely had a contingency plan to leverage confirmed infection to reframe the admins failures on covid, and we are seeing that. Dems took down negative ads, they have been boxed into wishing well and Trump will come out as a person with first hand knowledge of the virus.

You heard it right there in the video. Not that ‘book kind of school’ they are trying to argue experiential learning beats out any of this ‘science stuff’ that the Biden camp has.

I assume they had a plan of some kind, or someone did, because Trump getting COVID is the most obvious thing ever, but there's a lotta 4d chess in this post that I do not think is real

To the extent the response is strange I think it's because Trump makes bad decisions and has progressively surrounded himself with dumber and dumber people

if there's 4d chess, it's Biden saying "no more attack ads!" while superpacs continue the negative messaging unabated, maybe making the trump campaign look bad when they don't follow suit. if "making trump look worse" is possible in 2020 TYOOL

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/kevinliptakcnn/status/1312869794656514048?s=21

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

creating superspreader events bigly, hugely

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Barr is honestly #1 on my list. Even before Mitch.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

reminder that a day or two ago the secret service was complaining about Trump placing them needlessly at covid risk and bearing significant responsibility for like a dozen plus agent infections to date

if he's alive in January something tells me they're not going to support him clinging illegally to office

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
what I'm saying is, don't cough on the Praetorian Guard

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

GreyjoyBastard posted:

what I'm saying is, don't cough on the Praetorian Guard

Great NOW you tell me

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
I'm listening to the latest TWiV and they're just now talking about Trump getting covid (it was recorded on Friday).

Daniel Griffin, a regular guest doing clinical updates, is an MD/PhD in infectious disease who is treating tons of COVID-19 patients in NYC so he's incredibly knowledgeable in disease progression.

His opinion: As an elderly obese white male, Trump has about 20% odds of developing serious disease but we really won't know until Oct 15 (two weeks in). It's the second week that is really telling, all of the newspapers saying "the next week is critical" are wrong; it's the second week, not the first.

Also he recommends Trump get on remdesivir and steroids ASAP as both will improve his chances (Griffin writes this 7am Friday morning before it was announced Trump was on either).

So based on this letter by an extremely qualified physician scientist, I don't think we should read too much into Trump being on all those medications. He's not dying, if he develops serious disease it won't be for another ten days or so. He's a VIP who has access to those treatments so he got them. Most Americans only get hospitalized once they develop serious disease so they don't have the luxury of remdesivir, antibody therapy, and steroids early in the disease.

Here's where they read the letter, it's very much worth listening to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNRsI9p6M5U&t=7363s

tl;dr it's way too early to know how ill Trump will be and it is really not that unusual for him to be on all those treatments because he's friggin POTUS, was diagnosed early, and has access to all of them.

Fritz the Horse fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 4, 2020

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
The secondary round of infections from the Rose Garden event will start to show up this week, I’d imagine.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Fritz the Horse posted:

I'm listening to the latest TWiV and they're just now talking about Trump getting covid (it was recorded on Friday).

Daniel Griffin, a regular guest doing clinical updates, is an MD/PhD in infectious disease who is treating tons of COVID-19 patients in NYC so he's incredibly knowledgeable in disease progression.

His opinion: As an elderly obese white male, Trump has about 20% odds of developing serious disease but we really won't know until Oct 15 (two weeks in). It's the second week that is really telling, all of the newspapers saying "the next week is critical" are wrong; it's the second week, not the first.

Also he recommends Trump get on remdesivir and steroids ASAP as both will improve his chances (Griffin writes this 7am Friday morning before it was announced Trump was on either).

So based on this letter by an extremely qualified physician scientist, I don't think we should read too much into Trump being on all those medications. He's not dying, if he develops serious disease it won't be for another ten days or so. He's a VIP who has access to those treatments so he got them. Most Americans only get hospitalized once they develop serious disease so they don't have the luxury of remdesivir, antibody therapy, and steroids early in the disease.

tl;dr it's way too early to know how ill Trump will be and it is really not that unusual for him to be on all those treatments because he's friggin POTUS, was diagnosed early, and has access to all of them.
Bummer.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1312882760466354177

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

volts5000 posted:

People had to say goodbye to their loved ones over Zoom because of strict isolation protocols. Then this rear end in a top hat decides to spend his treatment having a loving parade. I wish he could take SOME self-reflection and realize how insensitive this stunt was. But no. He is incapable of any empathetic or sympathetic thought whatsoever.

This! This is what makes this so horrific. Over 7 million infected by this "school" of his, more than 208,000 are never coming back, people were dying in hallways while saying goodbye over FaceTime. And this piece of poo poo thinks it's cool and good to take a joyride around the hospital and infect Secret Service agents in the process.

Months of intubation are too good for him.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I am now depressed that we won't know for another week if Trump is dying or not. Godamn my euphoria has serious withdrawal.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Grouchio posted:

I am now depressed that we won't know for another week if Trump is dying or not. Godamn my euphoria has serious withdrawal.

yea this is the truth of it, we still have a good week ish before we really know if the fucker lucked out or if he's gonna have serious problem.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

It's been said again and again that government functionality has always been predicated on a mountain of gentlemen's agreements that the GOP in general and Trump in particular have absolutely no qualm in ignoring.

Even IF we ultimately somehow get out of this mess unscathed alive, I have no idea how we are supposed to build a functioning government in a post-decorum world.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Oct 5, 2020

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Dear god, I know I don't talk to you very often. Honestly, I am not ever sure if you are there or maybe some nerd tweaking his latest sim that's really going to 'wow 'em this time'. But, please, please, please put AG Barr and President Trump out of action until Nov. 4th.

Sincerely,

The Human Race

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Trump has once again managed to turn the news against him, this time with his idiotic photo op that endangered Secret Service agents. Got CNN straight-up saying he lives in an alternate reality re: covid.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

The person writing this is confused. Trump does not see those other people in the car as people. HTH.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

sexpig by night posted:

yea this is the truth of it, we still have a good week ish before we really know if the fucker lucked out or if he's gonna have serious problem.
And another week or two before we know how many of the people he's around right now are in serious trouble, possibly dying, just because they had the misfortune to work with or around Typhoid Donny today. The secret agents in the car with him on his little joyride, their health and lives and families have effectively been officially declared to be of less worth than Trump's fragile ego. Historians & epidemiologists will write books about the events of the past week, because it's going to be fascinating to see how one heartless idiot changed the course of US politics through nothing but the power of not giving a poo poo about anyone around him.

If we could calculate the Dunbar's number on that fucker, we'd see a decimal point at the front.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I assume they had a plan of some kind, or someone did, because Trump getting COVID is the most obvious thing ever, but there's a lotta 4d chess in this post that I do not think is real

To the extent the response is strange I think it's because Trump makes bad decisions and has progressively surrounded himself with dumber and dumber people

if there's 4d chess, it's Biden saying "no more attack ads!" while superpacs continue the negative messaging unabated, maybe making the trump campaign look bad when they don't follow suit. if "making trump look worse" is possible in 2020 TYOOL

Whenever I find myself mulling over the potential for a Trump camp plan to be 4D chess, I remind myself that this is the group of clowns who has to print out full-size photos of boat parades to put on Trump's desk in the morning so he stays in a good mood and doesn't yell at them for a blessed extra 20 minutes that day

4D chess my bony rear end, these guys are lucky if they can get him to play pin the tail on the donkey

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Murgos posted:

The person writing this is confused. Trump does not see those other people in the car as people. HTH.

It's literally their job to lay down their lives for him! What are people complaining about???

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

feedmyleg posted:

It's literally their job to lay down their lives for him! What are people complaining about???

"This is what they signed up for" is gonna be the admin's response to this. Which is literally what Trump told the family of that green beret who was killed in Africa a year or two back.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Murgos posted:

Dear god, I know I don't talk to you very often. Honestly, I am not ever sure if you are there or maybe some nerd tweaking his latest sim that's really going to 'wow 'em this time'. But, please, please, please put AG Barr and President Trump out of action until Nov. 4th.

Sincerely,

The Human Race

I'll be less subtle here. Just straight up let Barr die, quickly if possible. The man is the fascist behind the curtain and he will absolutely start building camps for undesirables in a second term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Absolutely, Barr's the only one I legitimately hope dies. The others, I hope realize the seriousness and perhaps have the lingering effects to keep it in mind (but still lose). But Barr is insane.

Though if God's doing a two-for-one, I would recommend Cotton or Hawley.