Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Jeb! horny for Supergirl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Seeing the rally outside Walter Reed Hospital made me think of #RomneyDeathRally.

lol

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Tunicate posted:

ron paul suing the fans of his who owned ronpaul.com (and who offered to give him ronpaul.org for free).

He dropped the premise that he hated big government intervention the moment something mildly inconvenienced him

Ron Paul’s extensive legislative history of shrimp subsidies.

Rand Paul’s primary campaign going up in smoke because just about his whole team (or so it felt) got arrested for grifting.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Ron Paul’s “we the people” act, introduced 8 times, which would prohibit the court from hearing first amendment cases.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I hadn't heard the name Harry Enten in four solid years, I feel like I just lost The Game

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

"Da Nang" Dick Blumenthal

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Boris Johnson starting to recite a pro-colonial Kipling poem in Myanmar and the ambassador telling him to knock it the gently caress off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqLIm0HOvuQ

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Chris only cares about feet, this ranking is useless to me

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

this comic

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
missed opportunity to have them smoking cigars

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/335393426973552640?s=21

When he’s right he’s right

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

broken clock, etc.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

frankenfreak posted:

Jeb! horny for Supergirl

Jeb saying he would kill baby hitler, a huge no no for fans of hitler

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Jeb!. Just everything about Jeb!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO4TsHKvZuA

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
thank you for bringing up jeb, because it made me suddenly remember The Sword Of Chang

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/01/jeb-bush-marco-rubio-relationship-114308

quote:

“I can’t think back on a time when I’ve ever been prouder to be a Republican, Marco,” Bush said, before recounting the tale of “Chang.”

“Chang is a mystical warrior. Chang is somebody who believes in conservative principles, believes in entrepreneurial capitalism, believes in moral values that underpin a free society. I rely on Chang with great regularity in my public life. He has been by my side, and sometimes I let him down. But Chang, this mystical warrior, has never let me down.”

Then Bush presented Rubio a golden sword, and solemnly explained its significance. “I’m going to bestow to you the sword of a great conservative warrior.”

Only … a closer look at the sword and its display stand Rubio kept in his Florida Speaker’s suite showed that the inscription read “C-H-I-A-N-G,” not, “C-H-A-N-G.” Specifically: “Unleash Chiang.”

“Unleash Chiang,” as in the rallying cry of John Birchers in the 1950s, who urged the United States to arm Chiang Kai-shek, the Chinese Nationalist leader of Taiwan, so he could retake Red China from Mao. “Unleash Chiang,” which later morphed into sports trash talk in the Bush family, like when George H.W. would warn from the baseline that he was about to “unleash Chiang” with his next serve.

just lmao

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Shook Nate

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
when trump met general "raisin" cain and said "oh like the fruit" because he'd never heard the phrase "raising cain" and thought that was his real first name

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

babypolis posted:

this led me to the wikipedia article for nauruan civil war, caused by europeans bringing guns and spirits to the island. everyone in the island was constantly drunk and had a bunch of guns, and a drunken argument turned into a shootout that turned into a civil war that lasted 10 years and killed 1/3 of the population

wow, its true: an armed society is a polite society... after a 10 year civil war kills 1/3rd of everybody

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
remember how hillary refused to do a concession speech :haw:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
the best part of trump winning was hillary losing lmao

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

one time I went to the George w Bush childhood museum in Midland TX, which is where the bushes lived for like, a year lol. a nice old lady gave us a tour and I kept asking where Jeb would have sat, or slept, etc. all she wanted to take about was junior

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Vim Fuego posted:

remember how hillary refused to do a concession speech :haw:

no one has ever confirmed it, but I 100% believe that the real reason she didn't give one is because once it was clear she lost, she got piss rear end drunk and they all had to wait for her to sober up enough the next day

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Azathoth posted:

no one has ever confirmed it, but I 100% believe that the real reason she didn't give one is because once it was clear she lost, she got piss rear end drunk and they all had to wait for her to sober up enough the next day

This is not mutually exclusive but I assumed she had an angry blowout that couldn't be contained long enough to be sufficiently composed for a speech

I assume it least 1 rooms worth of stuff was trashed, Citizen Kane style

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You just know she was lambasting everyone within eyeshot. The poor janitor couldn't escape the blame game

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Azathoth posted:

She probably started with a celebratory glass of wine or two when polls closed, switched to the harder stuff when it started tightening up, and then was loving long gone by the time it was all over.

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy

Flavius Aetass posted:

when trump met general "raisin" cain and said "oh like the fruit" because he'd never heard the phrase "raising cain" and thought that was his real first name

Tbf it's the most low effort fast casual place

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

MD2020 posted:

She probably started with a celebratory glass of wine or two when polls closed, switched to the harder stuff when it started tightening up, and then was loving long gone by the time it was all over.

yeah, this is how I imagine it happening. Once things started getting bad, she kept drinking and none of the enablers she kept around had the guts to physically remove all the booze and force her to sober up enough to give the concession speech

and, in the spirit of funny poo poo just remembered, think about neera tanden in this scenario

when she woke up that morning, she was going to be the chief of staff, i.e. the gatekeeper, to the most powerful person in the world and by the end of the night, it all came crashing down, and within a few months, she'd be up at 2:00 AM arguing with randos on twitter

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Getting thrown out of a tall window in Prague was a historically relevant event 3 different times, with the last one leading to the deadliest war Europe saw until the 20th century.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
when all those doctors in Russia would say something like "this covid stuff is kinda bad" and then a day later they would fall out of a hospital window and die

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

zegermans posted:

Getting thrown out of a tall window in Prague was a historically relevant event 3 different times, with the last one leading to the deadliest war Europe saw until the 20th century.

I spent years thinking that "defenestration" was something extremely brutal along the lines of disembowelment and then I learned that "The Defenestration of Prague" meant throwing some people into poop and was like "lol that's not so brutal" and then it killed like a third of germany.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Tulip posted:

I spent years thinking that "defenestration" was something extremely brutal along the lines of disembowelment and then I learned that "The Defenestration of Prague" meant throwing some people into poop and was like "lol that's not so brutal" and then it killed like a third of germany.

Nobody died in the incident that started the 30YW because the window was right above a huge pile of poo poo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tulip posted:

Uhh. Maybe read up on it a bit more.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

StashAugustine posted:

Nobody died in the incident that started the 30YW because the window was right above a huge pile of poo poo

If you're protestant scum, yeah, but good Catholics know that the fall was divinely slowed.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Benagain posted:

If you're protestant scum, yeah, but good Catholics know that the fall was divinely slowed.

Synthesis: God providentally caused people to dump their poo poo under the window

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
The debat

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

quote:

Robert Bork's America is a land in which women would be forced into back-alley abortions, blacks would sit at segregated lunch counters, rogue police could break down citizens' doors in midnight raids, schoolchildren could not be taught about evolution, writers and artists would be censored at the whim of government, and the doors of the federal courts would be shut on the fingers of millions of citizens for whom the judiciary is often the only protector of the individual rights that are the heart of our democracy.

this is evergreen

also, Bork is a funny name

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Tulip posted:

Oh poor ol’ 1/3 of Germany, thought of poop and died

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/prageru/status/1255255227663597571

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Earlier this year when a trillion dollars was created and then disappeared