Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Imagine if Trump gave a wounded vet the rona though, it would be :discourse:

What an honor it would be to be fragged by the president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Sounds like a loser and a sucker to me.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Probably voted for low *pant* energy *cough hackkk* Joe Biden.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
any word on why they called the press to Reed? Is he seriously gonna leave?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

sexpig by night posted:

any word on why they called the press to Reed? Is he seriously gonna leave?

No specific word yet, but let's be honest, we all know he was gonna leave regardless of how he actually felt.

Leaving is his only option for even a chance at salvaging his campaign by way of maintaining his Strong Daddy image. If he stays at Walter Reed for even just a few more days, he's basically conceding the election.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I seriously believe they are building some sort of hospital room at the Whitehouse with everything he needs just so he's not officially at a hospital anymore.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Imagine if Trump gave a wounded vet the rona though, it would be :discourse:

Pick posted:

Sounds like a loser and a sucker to me.

efb

was gonna say, if you're wounded in combat you're a sucker anyway

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rea posted:

Leaving is his only option for even a chance at salvaging his campaign by way of maintaining his Strong Daddy image. If he stays at Walter Reed for even just a few more days, he's basically conceding the election.

Of course, if he leaves now, and later is forced to go back when he takes a turn for the worse, that shatters his strong daddy image even harder.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

haveblue posted:

Of course, if he leaves now, and later is forced to go back when he takes a turn for the worse, that shatters his strong daddy image even harder.

well well well, if it isn't the consequences of my own actions

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

cr0y posted:

I seriously believe they are building some sort of hospital room at the Whitehouse with everything he needs just so he's not officially at a hospital anymore.

Except stuff like MRI machines or other radiographic analysis devices aren’t small or easily movable. He’d still have to go back for imaging.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

cr0y posted:

The White House already has a hospital room. They were probably just making it more appropriate to communicable disease issues.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
later this week, Donnie holds a press conference to a room of very uncomfortable journalists. question time.

Journalist: Sir, why are you not wearing a mask, aren't you concerned about the safety of your staff and the press?

Trump: Well, I already got the China flu. I don't really need to wear a mask. And I'm not so sick anyway. Feeling great.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
These loving people

https://twitter.com/RepMattGaetz/status/1313125654897008641

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

haveblue posted:

If nothing else, this administration is committed to doing things for short-term gain that come back to bite them in the rear end.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Murgos posted:

Except stuff like MRI machines or other radiographic analysis devices aren’t small or easily movable. He’d still have to go back for imaging.

Imagine how drugged Donnie would have to be to lay still for an MRI.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

That poor covid, having to settle for a mere 200,000 unnecessary deaths

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1313121341487316993
They're trying to beat The Onion to it.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Murgos posted:

They do have mobile MRIs packed into 48 foot trailers but they're limited to 1.5 Tesla which while serviceable, isn't the best these days.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Gaetz catching Corona would be nice.

The other day I wondered if they were dumb enough to do something like Trump caught Corona so he could defeat it himself and use his antibody perfect genetics for a cure.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

This is beyond loving stupid, but exactly what I expected

Go downhill you gently caress

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1313086643516080129?s=20

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1313138387994509313

ESSENTIAL WORKER

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The adulation poured on the North Korean Dear Leaders is less intellectually insulting than what some Republicans do with Trump.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Loooooooooollllllll

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao his entire staff has it

loving beautiful

Any word on Pence and mother?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Was she at the scotus ceremony?

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

She's the press secretary for one of the most powerful countries in the world. I'd consider that to be pretty essential. :shrug:

It also makes me wonder how many of the people who tested negative will end up testing positive in the coming week.

Doesn't the white house have access to really fast testing? I wonder how many times the inner circle are being tested right now.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Bioshuffle posted:

Doesn't the white house have access to really fast testing? I wonder how many times the inner circle are being tested right now.
The really fast testing has a terrible accuracy rate. It might be doing more harm than good right now.

Pasty Doughboy
Dec 23, 2006
With red way hair. One day it will all be gone, I’ll go blind from the glare

Why does her twitter bio still say “Former press secretary...”?

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Time to update the list!

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1313141243300515840

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1313141547404267524

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

BigglesSWE posted:

I’ve said it before: the only way he gets substantial sympathy from others than pearl-clutching talk show hosts is if Trump lives, but Melania dies.

Don't give him any ideas...

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I can 100% guarantee that the people around Trump (family, staffers, etc) don’t think that they, as the upper class of society, should have to take precautions to protect others, even if they get sick. The serfs will have to fend for themselves, and if they get smitten by Don Jr. or Ivanka, that’s on them.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao his entire staff has it

loving beautiful

Any word on Pence and mother?

Pence tested negative today.

Pasty Doughboy posted:

Why does her twitter bio still say “Former press secretary...”?

Former campaign press secretary. She left that position to become White House press secretary.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Teeeeee heeeeee heeeee

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Cancel the debate tomorrow. The ENTIRE White House is suspect including Pence since he’s been around exposed people every day over the last week. A negative test tomorrow doesn’t mean poo poo if he catches it today from someone. They never isolated him they never isolated anyone!

Literally everyone in the VP’s party tomorrow could be infected we have no way of knowing and god knows they won’t take this seriously. To hell with them they forfeit their privileges to take part in these events.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

To hell with them they forfeit their privileges to take part in these events.
The image of Graham's opponent bringing his own plexiglass shield was pretty good. Putting Pence in a cone of shame would be good tv.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Cancel the debate tomorrow. The ENTIRE White House is suspect including Pence since he’s been around exposed people every day over the last week. A negative test tomorrow doesn’t mean poo poo if he catches it today from someone. They never isolated him they never isolated anyone!

Literally everyone in the VP’s party tomorrow could be infected we have no way of knowing and god knows they won’t take this seriously. To hell with them they forfeit their privileges to take part in these events.

Or at the very least convert it to a Zoom/Hangouts/Team/Whatever debate. It's 2020, setting this up is not hard.

Really, I don't see a reason why the Biden/Harris campaign should not be requesting this as loudly as possible. At best, this gives a huge rake for Pence to step on. At worst it just makes it safer for everyone involved.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 5, 2020

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Aramis posted:

Or at the very least convert it to a Zoom/Hangouts/Team/Whatever debate. It's 2020, setting this up is not hard.

No, cancel it. They’ve lost the privilege to be involved. gently caress them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

No, cancel it. They’ve lost the privilege to be involved. gently caress them.

Mike debating Kamala isn't going to be helpful to them. Make them debate in a safe way, she's gonna destroy him.