Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Ed probably misdialled the wrong agent for the wrong Traore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1313081359875936258

Here we go from Romano, but he'll only come over in January. 30m€ + addons for a kid who has played 25 minutes of first team senior football, here's hoping he'll be worth it.

But hey. A right winger, madness.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Can’t wait to see Lacina Traore back in the PL

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Bundy posted:

Ed probably misdialled the wrong agent for the wrong Traore

Nah, there's been chatter about Traore all summer

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Starting to doubt Arsenal's chances for top 4 this season if they don't look likely to get a midfielder

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Mr Snips posted:

Starting to doubt Arsenal's chances for top 4 this season if they don't look likely to get a midfielder

man u brought on fred and mctominay to shore things up at the weekend

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Breath Ray posted:

man u brought on fred and mctominay to shore things up at the weekend

It worked as well we only conceded 2 more

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

the sex ghost posted:

Walcott could be going back home to Southampton on loan. In my head he's still a promising youngster who just needs a run of games to reach his full potential but its probably not happening at this point is it

Reminder that one year Arsenal was so desperate to have him sign a new contract that he let Walcott take all of the penalties and set pieces and play wherever he wanted.

Mr Snips posted:

I’m looking at Arsenal’s website and it looks like Willock is the only central midfielder they have if one of their starting 3 get injured? It’s an absolutely bizarre decision.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Bundy posted:

It worked as well we only conceded 2 more

i was making a point about somethign else!

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I would argue that Walcott had a few good seasons during the middle of his Arsenal stay but it gets easily overlooked due to how his knee injury made him drop off significantly by the time he was sold.

Anyway yes Man U might have had poo poo midfielders to sub on during their thrashing, and for the first time in forever look worse defensively than Arsenal, but they can actually create chances in a game. Arsenal have already had 2 games this season where they were lucky to end up winning and most of that is due to them barely creating any chances game after game after game.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Breath Ray posted:

i was making a point about somethign else!

I was helping you make it

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1313098937973256197?s=19

It's happening?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Orrrrrnnneeeeyyy

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Great look, spending £45M on a guy the day you can a part timer with 26 years service.

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

Don't worry, he's got options

https://twitter.com/SevillaFC_ENG/status/1313101312020680705

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

blue footed boobie posted:

Reminder that one year Arsenal was so desperate to have him sign a new contract that he let Walcott take all of the penalties and set pieces and play wherever he wanted.

I’m looking at Arsenal’s website and it looks like Willock is the only central midfielder they have if one of their starting 3 get injured? It’s an absolutely bizarre decision.

Did Walcott ever actually score a free kick for Arsenal? I also remember this being very funny.

Also Celtic might be signing Diego Laxalt on loan from AC Milan. Apparently he can't defend but at least tell me he can cross a ball or something.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Her Dryer posted:

Did Walcott ever actually score a free kick for Arsenal? I also remember this being very funny.

I’m fairly sure he did, but he certainly wasn’t good at them. It was the same time they were telling us that Walcott would *definitely* be a striker despite never actually looking suited to that role. The whole saga was bizarre.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

i hope there's a ridiculous legal battle when someone picks him up as a sponsor for a laugh

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Der Shovel posted:

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1313081359875936258

Here we go from Romano, but he'll only come over in January. 30m€ + addons for a kid who has played 25 minutes of first team senior football, here's hoping he'll be worth it.

But hey. A right winger, madness.

Don't poach players from Atalanta you fucks

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Her Dryer posted:

Also Celtic might be signing Diego Laxalt on loan from AC Milan. Apparently he can't defend but at least tell me he can cross a ball or something.

He’s poo poo. This is a galaxy brain move by the club to give us better chances in the EL group.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
If Partey goes to Arsenal apparently atletico are looking at Zaha to replace him. Would simultaneously love to see that and also sad to see Palace get immediately relegated without him

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

He’s poo poo. This is a galaxy brain move by the club to give us better chances in the EL group.

But is he "not good enough for the SPFL" level poo poo?

Either way yeah I'm not exactly hearing a lot of love for him from any Milan fans online, uh oh.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Her Dryer posted:

But is he "not good enough for the SPFL" level poo poo?

Either way yeah I'm not exactly hearing a lot of love for him from any Milan fans online, uh oh.

He'll probably be fine in Scotland but he was straight up stealing a living "playing" in Serie A.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Was trawling articles about Walcott getting called up for the world Cup in 06 and there are some blinding quotes:

quote:

We know enough about Lennon, following his 114 minutes on the pitch against Trinidad & Tobago, Ecuador and Portugal, to feel confident that there will be no need to spend too long mourning the departure of David Beckham.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Don't poach players from Atalanta you fucks

tbh that's the best type to poach, they're not reliant on him but get 30m for him

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Karl Sharks posted:

tbh that's the best type to poach, they're not reliant on him but get 30m for him

I meant in the sense Atalanta is a fun as hell team to watch and I want to see Atalanta compete this year

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I meant in the sense Atalanta is a fun as hell team to watch and I want to see Atalanta compete this year

Don’t worry I’m pretty sure Atalanta are just loving with Utd, that kids barely played a full game for the senior team and United just bought him for 30m ahahaha

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Conflicting reports on Gunnersaurus. BBC are reporting he’s in a car park outside West Ham’s training ground waiting for his transfer while Sky report that he’s in a helicopter circling London waiting to touch down at whichever club signs him before the deadline.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

the sex ghost posted:

Was trawling articles about Walcott getting called up for the world Cup in 06 and there are some blinding quotes:

Aaron Lennon had a wonderful way of making end line cuts and making fullbacks look silly.

What's that have to do with Beckham

:iiam:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Signing an ancient crocked striker that is years past his prime is such a beautiful pooshited move, I love it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/1313162098793476098

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Looks like it'll be a Partey partey at Arsenal.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1313161232401215489

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Matteo Guendouzi joins Hertha Berlin on loan

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Spurs being linked with Rodon the welsh cb from swansea now.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bold that poo poo

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/1313163095284609029

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jippa posted:

Spurs being linked with Rodon the welsh cb from swansea now.

After the weekend every top PL side (and Spurs) were going to be looking at him given the international window is closing. He's like Ben White but better in the air.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Sandwolf posted:

Don’t worry I’m pretty sure Atalanta are just loving with Utd, that kids barely played a full game for the senior team and United just bought him for 30m ahahaha

"A Bebe" if you will

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Is partey good?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Looks like Chris Smalling has made his escape.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1313176439831900161

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I wonder if there were Roma fans whinging on their forums about execs dragging the deal out rather than just paying United the £18m they asked for