Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Book 9 is real, and strong and it’s my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

looks great. return to the eye of terror mi'lord

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

I have a squad of ten Night Raptors that need basing, and everything else in the army is assembled and primed! But here is the currently, fully-finished Night Lords:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
...and some classic DIY terrain!

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Those dudes and that terrain both own

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
In celebration of book 9 I stuffed as many new DA goodies into a single 2500 point list as I could and watched them get annihilated by Ghazks “actual army” method of bullshit.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Building a good army is actually cheating.

In other news this Deathwing Rite of War seems like a real winner.

for my opponent

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
if you think about it each new RoW is like its very own -D3 VP

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Sep 25, 2020

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Hey, thanks for the feedback, guys! The Night Raptors are now done too:

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
Hello 30k thread, cross-posting a question I asked in the 40k thread and hoping someone can help me here since this model is kinda your domain:

What are the dimensions of a Deimos pattern rhino's doors? Specifically, I would like to know if the SoB Exorcist doors will fit on a Deimos rhino body before I start what is likely to be an expensive conversion.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Giant Isopod posted:

Hello 30k thread, cross-posting a question I asked in the 40k thread and hoping someone can help me here since this model is kinda your domain:

What are the dimensions of a Deimos pattern rhino's doors? Specifically, I would like to know if the SoB Exorcist doors will fit on a Deimos rhino body before I start what is likely to be an expensive conversion.

Roughly 3cm (30mm) diameter.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Major Spag posted:

Roughly 3cm (30mm) diameter.

So about the same size then. Awesome, thank you very much!

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
are they restocking all of the stuff that's temp out of stock? i feel like i read something about it? a LOT of this stuff is showing oos

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

are they restocking all of the stuff that's temp out of stock? i feel like i read something about it? a LOT of this stuff is showing oos

:unsmith: Maybe one day...

Endman
May 18, 2010

The upgrade kits like combi-weapons have gone in and out of stock a bunch of times lately, so I assume yes, as soon as they’ve casted more

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
++ Crusade (Talons of the Emperor) [3,000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Legio Custodes Shield Captain [250pts]: Close Combat Weapon, Custodian Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Legio Custodes, Melta bombs, Paragon Spear, Plasma + Krak Grenades, Praesidium Shield, Warlord

+ Elites +

Legio Custodes Aquilon Terminator Squad [480pts]: Legio Custodes
. Aquilon Terminator: Aquilon Pattern Terminator Armor, Lastrum Storm Bolter, Solerite Power Gauntlet
. Aquilon Terminator: Aquilon Pattern Terminator Armor, Lastrum Storm Bolter, Solerite Power Gauntlet

+ Troops +

Legio Custodes Sentinel Guard Squad [485pts]: Legio Custodes
. Legio Custodes Coronus Grav-Carrier
. . Twin-Linked Arachnus Blaze Cannon: Twin-Linked Arachnus Blaze Cannon
. . Twin-Linked Lastrum Bolt Cannon: Lastrum Bolt Cannon
. Sentinel Guard: Close Combat Weapon, Custodian Armour, Plasma + Krak Grenades, Praesidium Shield, Refractor Feild, Sentinel Warblade
. Sentinel Guard: Close Combat Weapon, Custodian Armour, Plasma + Krak Grenades, Praesidium Shield, Refractor Feild, Sentinel Warblade

Legio Custodes Sentinel Guard Squad [485pts]: Legio Custodes
. Legio Custodes Coronus Grav-Carrier
. . Twin-Linked Arachnus Blaze Cannon: Twin-Linked Arachnus Blaze Cannon
. . Twin-Linked Lastrum Bolt Cannon: Lastrum Bolt Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Legio Custodes Caladius Grav-Tank [220pts]: Flare Shield, Machine Spirit, Searchlight
. Twin-Linked Illastus Accelerator Cannon: Twin-Linked Illastus Accelerator Cannon
. Twin-linked Lastrum Bolt Cannon: Lastrum Bolt Cannon

Legio Custodes Caladius Grav-Tank [220pts]: Flare Shield, Machine Spirit, Searchlight
. Twin-Linked Illastus Accelerator Cannon: Twin-Linked Illastus Accelerator Cannon

+ Lords of War +

Ares Gunship [640pts]: 2x Arachnus Heavy Blaze cannon, Arachnus Magna-Blaze Cannon, Eclipse Shield, Macro Arae-shrike, 2x Two Infernus Firebomb Cluster

++ Total: [3,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Sorry for the text dump. Is it worth taking this many caladius? Same with the coronus. I've noticed that people like powerfists from watching battle reports - what else is cool that people could recommend?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I know it seems to be mostly a 40k painting tutorial, but I assume everyone in this thread is probably going to want to watch this. You'll know when you get to the bit that makes me say that.

(You can go ahead and start at around 26:20 if you don't want to watch the whole thing.)

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Stephenls posted:

I know it seems to be mostly a 40k painting tutorial, but I assume everyone in this thread is probably going to want to watch this. You'll know when you get to the bit that makes me say that.

(You can go ahead and start at around 26:20 if you don't want to watch the whole thing.)

hey that’s exactly how I play

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Stephenls posted:

what is he using to soften the decal?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Tommunist posted:

:stare:

Sorry for the text dump. Is it worth taking this many caladius? Same with the coronus. I've noticed that people like powerfists from watching battle reports - what else is cool that people could recommend?

In Custodes everything is aggressively good, so this seems like it will perform just fine. I would recommend taking one unit of everything just because it is cool (and everyone is going to be so disgusted at playing Custodes that trying to build a good list will just push them into never wanting to play you again).

Personally I love the Gunstodes, but they are not as good as a tank for a heavy support.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

JcDent posted:

what is he using to soften the decal?

Earlier in the video he said microsol.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I don't think I've ever had microsol eat my varnish layer much less the paint.

I have, however; put too many decals on a model at once and later found some dried on my fingers.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Ghazk posted:

I don't think I've ever had microsol eat my varnish layer much less the paint.

I have, however; put too many decals on a model at once and later found some dried on my fingers.

He mentioned that he didn't varnish, so the lesson here is that applying five immediately-consecutive layers of microsol directly over paint via an abrasive like a q-tip is a bad idea and to be avoided.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I skimmed it and didn't see anyone throw a beer so I'm hesitant to say it reflects our values.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Stephenls posted:

He mentioned that he didn't varnish, so the lesson here is that applying five immediately-consecutive layers of microsol directly over paint via an abrasive like a q-tip is a bad idea and to be avoided.

This is probably it. I've never put transfers on a surface that isn't glossed first, and I drench stuff in sol and set.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I like how the micros smell like easter. They're probably just relabeled vinegar.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It is just acetic acid iirc. Why do you relate that to easter?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I want answers.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Oh, wow, it's been ages, but I vaguely remember dyeing easter eggs using food coloring and vinegar...?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

TTerrible posted:

This is probably it. I've never put transfers on a surface that isn't glossed first, and I drench stuff in sol and set.

I think he said that he varnished, but he rubbed enough microsol to get through to the paint.

Also, that Custodes list is only missing the sword-and-and board Galatus to be utmost terrible to play against.

Thought at least it looks good, unlike sword and board custodes.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

TTerrible posted:

I want answers.

At Easter my family does the annual vinegar chugging contest.

No wait, my memory is fuzzy. It might be this:

Stephenls posted:

Oh, wow, it's been ages, but I vaguely remember dyeing easter eggs using food coloring and vinegar...?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

JcDent posted:

Also, that Custodes list is only missing the sword-and-and board Galatus to be utmost terrible to play against.

Thought at least it looks good, unlike sword and board custodes.

++ Crusade (Talons of the Emperor) [3,000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Legio Custodes Shield Captain [295pts]: Tribune , Close Combat Weapon, Custodian Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Legio Custodes, Paragon Spear, Plasma + Krak Grenades, Praesidium Shield, Warlord

+ Troops +

Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad [195pts]: Legio Custodes
. Custodian Guard: Adrasite Spear, Close Combat Weapon, Custodian Armour, Plasma + Krak Grenades, Refractor Feild
. Custodian Guard: Adrasite Spear, Close Combat Weapon, Custodian Armour, Plasma + Krak Grenades, Refractor Feild

Legio Custodes Sentinel Guard Squad [325pts]: Legio Custodes
. Sentinel Guard: Close Combat Weapon, Custodian Armour, Plasma + Krak Grenades, Praesidium Shield, Refractor Feild, Solerite Power Gauntlet

Legio Custodes Sentinel Guard Squad [325pts]: Legio Custodes
. Sentinel Guard: Close Combat Weapon, Custodian Armour, Plasma + Krak Grenades, Praesidium Shield, Refractor Feild, Solerite Power Gauntlet

+ Fast Attack +

Legio Custodes Agamatus Jetbike Squadron [550pts]: Legio Custodes
. Custodian Agamatus: Custodian Armour, Plasma + Krak Grenades, Twin-Linked Corve Las-Pulser
. Custodian Agamatus: Custodian Armour, Plasma + Krak Grenades, Twin-Linked Corve Las-Pulser

+ Heavy Support +

Legio Custodes Caladius Grav-Tank [225pts]: Extra Armour, Flare Shield, Machine Spirit, Searchlight

Legio Custodes Contemptor-Galatus Dreadnought [250pts]: Dreadnought Praesidium Shield, Galatus Warblade with inbuilt Twin-Linked Infernus Incinerator, Refractor Feild

+ Lords of War +

Orion Assault Dropship [615pts]: 2x Arachnus Heavy Blaze cannon, Eclipse Shield, Macro Arae-shrike, 2x Nose-mounted Twin-Linked Lastrum bolt cannon, 2x Spiculus Heavy Bolt Launcher

+ Use Playtest Rules +

Use Playtest Rules Errata 1.0 (From FAQ 1.1 Feb/2019): Playtest Rules Errata 1.0 On

++ Total: [3,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Something like this then?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Yeah, this will make friends, lol.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

JcDent posted:

Yeah, this will make friends, lol.

gently caress yeah

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Stephenls posted:

why did he not use gloss to begin with

buffoon

absolute incompetent

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Speaking of friendmakers:

KILLBOT

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Ghazk posted:

KILLBOT

:hmmyes:

Anacharis Scoria
Jan 5, 2018

The Xanophane Tyrant, The Fallen Master, Lord of the Nine Cohorts, The Apostate Magister

Ghazk posted:

KILLBOT

K̴̡̢̧̨̧̢̢̧̨̢̢̡̢̧̨̨̛̛̰̱͍͓̦̫̦͈͈̻͎̞͎͓̝͍̖̰̭͍̫̹͔̺̱͔̙͇͙͇̠͉͎̺̻̗̙̥͇̺̮͇͎̙̻̘͚̻̤̟̳͚͎̼͇̦̭̞̗̪͔̳̖̫̰̘̫̮̱̱̘͍̩͍̫̣̞̱̹͓͙͙͕̰̤̯̟͈̱͎̟͓̰̺̯͕̪̩̼̻̟̻̺̫̺͖͍̥̮̪̘̰̼͍̫̜̜̣̹̱̟̜̥͉̘̳̤̻͖̟̃͊̎̈́͊͌̔̅̂͊͛͗͐̐́̆͌͛̈́̊̎̋̀͊͒͂́̀͗̀͐͑̉̑̏͐̓͐̅̔̌͋̓̔̌̊͂͂̓͗͊̔̓̈́̿́̎̌͒͆͗̂̓̒̓̂̓͐͊̅̀̏̿̈́̄̅̏̍̌̏̎̉̉̒̍͋͋̉͆͋̃̓͗̽͊̉́͌͐̈́͆̒͐̑̅͋̃̊̌͌͆̋́́̎̇̃͒̽͋͛̈̉͌̈̈́̿͒͗̎̐̊̊́̓̓̎̆̓̾̅͂͐̉͋̀̿́́͛̃͆͆͐͆̈́̆̇̃̌̊̔̅̑̿̾̏́̒͗̇͑͑̽͐̾͆̈́̔̉͛̍̔̀̓̈́̓̍̋̒͌̌̓͛̔͗̓̄̍͗̽̃̌͛̂͂́̍͂̚̕̕̚͘̚̚̕̕͘̕̚̕͘̚̕̚͜͜͜͝͠͝͝͠͠͠͠͠͝͝͝͝͠ͅͅͅI̷̡̧̧̡̢̧̡̨̡̧̧̛̛̺̰̟̮̹̜̙͇̻̻̫͕̺͍̳͇̳̥͍̳͕̩͕̩̯̱͎̮̦͚̻̱͚̝͓̹̼̳̟̞͎̜͎͓͔̝̮̣̘͔̘͖̫̟̝̝̰̘̬̜̞͚̪̘̭̟̠̟̫͉͇̙̥̱̖͕̙̣̼̯̻̺̫͖͚̼̝͈͕̗̱͓̳͉̘̼̼̥̺̙̝̩̭͑͂̈́̀̂͂̀̋̍̈́̓̂̍͊̂̐̿̓̆͂̊̅̽̇̅̓͂̍̽͊͑͊̄̀̓̔̇̄͌͗̈́͋͒̾͒͑̃̅̈́̎͋̀͋̎͌̓͐̒̏̐̄̔́̈́͗̿̐̐̽͂̂̿̉̒̈́̅̃́͛͂̋̈́̃̈̓̊̉̆̃͛̊̒͂̂͗̀̏́̌̈́͗͐̓͂͊͊̏͒̔̇̊̈́̾͋̌̓͋̓̒͗̄̕̚̕̕͘̕̕͘͜͜͜͜͠͝͠͠͝͝͠͠͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͠L̷̨̨̧̧̡̛̛̛̛̛̛͚̠̞̦̭̪͈̮͓͈̫̲̯͉̙͕̟̪̗̳̺̩̳̜̪͍͕̗̝̖̬̲̰̝̟̟͎͔̭̳͐̏̏̈́́̓̌̊̀̅̃̆̌̐͋̋́̃͒̈́͆̈́̿̀̏̄͆͌́̈͂̎̾̾̏̈͑̇̊͊̊̀̓̔͆̽̋̅̀̇͑̈͛̑̔͐͗̾̈̑̽̿̽̀̿͌̐̾͌̇̒̑͗̽̈̓͆̽̂̑̆̈́͂̑̋̓̐̍̐̈́́͂̇̋͗̽̔̋̈̽̅͋̂̽͐̉̃͒̆̒̆͒̑̋͛͋̽͊͐͛̋̀̔̆͌͑̍̃̈̈́͐̆̒̒͌̀̃̓̏͌̉̌͊̒̈́̍̌̌̈́̀̀͒̇͒̌̄͐̂̽̽̅̃́̀̏́̔͒́̽͆́̐̑̇̒̑͛͐̃͗͌̿̄̔̀́͘̚̕̕͘͘͘̕̕̕̚̕͘̕̚͝͝͠͝͝͝͠͠͝͝͠͝͝͠͝ͅĻ̴̧̢̢̨̧̧̧̢̢̡̢̨̧̢̨̧̢̡̡̡̡̛̛̲̤̣̬͖̻̺̣͖͔̞͔͍̘̱͉̜̠̳̰̗̲̘̱͕̱̻͎̪̳̣͍̼͈̲͓̮̹͇̬̯͎̣̗̤̰͖͈͔̮͓̱̻̝͔̗͔̼̺͎͇͎̪̺̞̩͚̮͎͍͙͎̥̰͕͚̳̦̳͎̖̖̟̥̦̮̭̹̱̞̮̺̳̜͚̖̞͖̮̰͔̼͎̳͓͓̳͕̼͍̮̥͖̞̺̦̟̝̲̙̗̞̝̩̦͔͈̬͇̤̬̪̥͈̠̰̮̣͙͍̹̮̞̳̮͖̳̥̺̤͇͍̜̯͖̗͖̭̼͎͎̩͓̹̳̲̱̳̹̫͍̱̬͙̻̫̹̺̠̦̞̗͔̜̰͓͖̠̮̹̝̯͕̲̦͉̬̖̝̦̥̝͇͉̗̳̘̫̪͆̈̀̀̌̌͋̋̂͌͊̋͌͒̽̈́̈́̍͌̋́͒̄͌̃̌͌̔̀̀̊͂̉̏͛͒̀̈̊̑̑̿̓̏̄̈́͑͋̏̿̅̿͒̊͋̒̎̐̆̓̈́̀̆̓͋̂̓̇͌͊̌̔̿̈̂̈́͐͆̓̉̎̔͊̎̿̍̋̑̃͒̊̿̈́̏̽͋̈́̽̒̏̊̔̌̎̑̈͂̔͑̓̈́̈́̀͆̃̔̑̔̈͒͂͗̔̓̂̂̌̎͗̾̈́̌̐̀͑͗͂̉̈́̌̈́́̓͛̉̈́̓̉͋͛͋̇͒̑̈́͊̄̌̉̈́̓̀̌͌̀͆̃̇͊̈̅̊̍́̋̎͆́̄͗̀͑̔̈́̐̃̈́̀͘͘͘͘̕͘͘͘̚͜͜͜͜͜͜͠͠͝͝͠͝͝͝͠͝͝ͅͅͅB̴̢̢̢̢̨̢̧̪̳͙̙̙͈̦̯̗̫̩͕̥̙͚̮̞̬̼̖̙̰̪͔͚̮͓͔͔̳̤͓̣͎̣̯̻̲͖̻̮̹̰̮̱͉̩̺̭͚̣͓̟̣̦̙̳̹͔̤̺̹͙͎̞̭̻̖͍̳̭̺̠̺̹͖̙̪̲̘̠͔͖̲̥̩̬͖̝̜̳͍͉͙̭̠͇͚̪̓̅̈͌͛̉̒͆̈́̋̀́͑̌̏̏͐͒̐͋̉̂̄̊̍̔͒͊͌̄̒̿̒̂͂̇̽̎͑͋͋̎̾͒̒͛͆̏̌̉͛̔̎̾̔̎̏̕͘̚͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͝O̴̢̨̨̧̢̡̢̡̢̨̨̡̧̧̧̨̨̧̨̢̧̧̡̧̢̼͙̩̤̺̖̮̦̠͕̗͇͉̘͉̪̭̯͚͇͚͈̰̬̝̗̙̯̳̟͇̮̺̻͉̦̯͕̲̹͚̳̣͉͈͚̙̺͈͉̬͇̲̮̖̫͍̺̼̪͔̼͔̩͈̗̟̫̰̼̙̳̪̪̳̼̳̦͖̩̪͖̖̗͎̞͈̱̣̘̗̠̭̙͚͉͔͇̞̫̟͚̥̤̳̠̪̖̪͔͚̰̲̦̤͉̝̟͍̪̰̹̪̲͇̳͙͉͚̗̞͈͕̭̝͙̼̫̗̤͍̜̖̯͚͔̜̗̥̪̜̯̦̬͓̖͕̲̪̗̥͖͚̱̠̠̥͙͙̲̝̪̹͕̤̳͈̩̗̥͇̦̘̥̩̜̺͔̞͙̘̟̠̖̩̗͓̜̼̥̼̖̭͈̱͚̱̳̯͍̥͇̬̲̥̩͍͕͉̳̲͈̗͒͑̐͑̔̒̿̽̒̄̿̆̓̆̊̎̔͌̀̃̒͒̈́̍̊̎̓̉̃͐̐̑̊̉̉̑̈́̍̔͒̊̂͑̀̀͒̚͜͜͜͜͝͝ͅͅͅͅŢ̴̡̧̨̧̢̛̛̛͚̥͖̙̰͖͙̮̹͇͈̻̤͍͎̰̺̭̬̳̩̟̮̩͕͉̘̠̠̭̟̞̹̟̤̤̦̠̮̳̮̞̩͔̹͔̹̖̞̗̝̱͓̟͉̜̪̱͎͖̦̲̫̲͖̞̜̤̬̪̠͚̻̿̐̆̅̈́͐̃͗̐̎̅̈́̈́̑̈́͆͐̍̾̾̃̓̀͊̓̀̃̈́́͆͆̑̽͑͒̀͋̐̓̋͂̅̎͒́͗̏̾͛̀̿̃͐̉̔͆̓͑̊̈́̔̃̿̏̋̂̈́͌͑̆͑̿̉̏́͑͆̐͋̓̿̾͌́͗̓̉̓̑̃̂͆͆̇̊̆̍̂̾̄̎̽́̈̓̈̆̾͒́̂̕̕̕͘͘̚̚̚̕͜͜͜͜͠͠͠͝͝͝͠͝

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Stephenls posted:

That man has admirable brush control

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Tommunist posted:

Lemme in slack so I can talk endlessly about my two loves: custodes and the necron 30k fan codex

I ran a rogue trader with necron allies at the ACT of heresy event in Canberra last year, and 'crons were super fun and chill.

My first fight of the day vs Dark Mechanicum with lots of Peltasts and Hoplites and other troops ~ great match up.

So yeah, I totally understand your 30k Necron feelings.

Looks like my local scene is starting up again and the locals are running Centurion again, I should make a new list to throw in.