Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
The last few days it hasn't been the first villager, it's been someone later in the day. Mitzi made the spooky candy recipe last night around 8pm, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Thanks all.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

A villager has given me the recipe for what was in Nook's that day, every day so far!

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Metaline posted:

A villager has given me the recipe for what was in Nook's that day, every day so far!

Yeah, compared to other events, the recipes are flowing, and pumpkins are ubiquitous (colour notwithstanding; though my patch of 35 is giving me good coverage).

Edit: Jeez, I'm going to be drowning on pumpkins. The current harvest netted 69 orange, 15 yellow, 12 green, and 9 white.

magimix fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 5, 2020

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Metaline posted:

Haha same! I only get mad when they give me a normal DIY. NO, I DON'T WANNA MAKE A BIRDCAGE! I wanna make spooks 'n haunts!

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Dodo code is CLosed
We're now on Day 5 Sand Souci will be open daily in Celebration of Halloween
I am your gracious host Stonks the Dark Wizard

The main attraction is The General's Fun Park the biggest attraction in Sand Souci. Come see the various stands and purchase goods, ride on one of our four teacups, perform a spooky show on our updated haunted stage and of course Visit the World Famous Sand Souci Haunted House

Six rooms of terror await you, can you survive?.

Marina is crafting the spooky fence at the moment

We'll be getting the island more and more spooky as the month goes on, so visit as much as you can, the villagers and the business district are starting to come along

Construction is moving along on our Haunted Forest on the east side of the island.

If you enjoyed your stay please leave a note on our billboard in the town square

The ables has animal hats for your costume needs, and Nooks has candy up for sale

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 6, 2020

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I feel like this event has the right balance between doing things throughout the month and waiting for one-day a year to try and get everything like older entry holidays had.

There's like, five or so items/recipes that you can ONLY get on Halloween night but at least it's not like a bundle of twenty items you only have a few hours to try and collect.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

You can only get the special reactions on Halloween night, right? My neighbors are about 50/50 with crafting holiday and normal stuff. Haven't gotten a spooky one yet today. I look forward to trading recipes as it gets later in the month to help everyone fill out their missing ones!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The only reactions I want are CJ's insane selfie explosion and Orville's salute.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

In that case, I wanna be able to lie down passed out like the seagull twins.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Metaline posted:

In that case, I wanna be able to lie down passed out like the seagull twins.

Your wasp friends are happy to help you with this goal any time you like.

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

Zardoz is open for Halloween costume cataloguing!

Buy anything at Nook's! Don't forget your candy!
Able's has magic-academy hoods and frugal dresses!
Agnes is making a spooky fence!
Shep is in boxes! Let me know if you decide to take him!

Dodo: closed thanks for stopping by!

unmeidestiny fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 6, 2020

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

unmeidestiny posted:

Zardoz is open for Halloween costume cataloguing!

Buy anything at Nook's! Don't forget your candy!
Able's has magic-academy hoods and frugal dresses!
Agnes is making a spooky fence!
Shep is in boxes! Let me know if you decide to take him!

Dodo: F3946

Thanks for hosting! Left you a meager tip on the soccer field

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

Hobo Clown posted:

Thanks for hosting! Left you a meager tip on the soccer field

Thank you!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Open for Candy!

Able's has beaks and Bunny hoods. Not sure which is Halloween specific.

Redd is here, with Basic Painting (fake), Famous Painting (fake), and Flowery painting (real).

If you feel appreciative, please water my roses in the north, or toss a few bells for me, since I blew all my wad on the turnip market and land sell plots, and have nothing left for construction. :geno:

DoDo: Closed

edit: Thanks for the bells! I will be sure to pay it forward when my ship comes in!

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 6, 2020

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Hey I actually have a meteor shower on Eisbär tonight!

Come get candy
Check out my outdoor goth dance club (still working on it)
Watch a urinal marry a bidet
Relax at my mountain top spa
Buy some clothes!
Whatever!
Oh and I would love to get some new notes on my bulletin board :)

My island isn’t as fancy as a lot of yours, but it’s still got some weird poo poo going on

Dodo code: Done

CherryCola fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 6, 2020

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Hey hi howdy everyone~!

Today, Redd's on Mofufu, and he's rather generous, because he's got multiple pieces of Genuine art!

Both the Common and Wistful paintings are up for grabs, as is a fake version of the Michelangelo's David!

Additionally, the Able sisters are selling the new Mage's Dress, and there's a bunch of free DIYs on the beach.

Dodo code is CLOSED. Art is first come, first serve!

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 6, 2020

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Mau-Mau is open once again for procuring candy and pumpkins!

Dodo Code: CLOSED

Ursala is making a Spooky tower. Her house is right in front of the airport.

Help yourself to the items in the giveaway area next to Ursala's house (Cute music player is red, there are brown and black retro stereos, mermaid shoes are pink, hammock is dark brown)

Feel free to take pumpkins. I only have orange and yellow available right now.

Buy whatever at Nooks!

Able Sisters have Flashy round-ear animal hats and other things.

I will probably be AFK, so thanks for visiting!

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 6, 2020

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Blaziken386 posted:

Hey hi howdy everyone~!

Today, Redd's on Mofufu, and he's rather generous, because he's got multiple pieces of Genuine art!

Both the Common and Wistful paintings are up for grabs, as is a fake version of the Michelangelo's David!

Additionally, the Able sisters are selling the new Mage's Dress, and there's a bunch of free DIYs on the beach.

Dodo code is H4VN6. Art is first come, first serve!

e: Rolf is crafting a Spooky Scarecrow™

Hey, I got kicked a couple times and then it completely froze on me on the third attempt. Sorry if I screwed up the dodo code. Your pirate area looks great!

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

I have a surprise meteor shower in my town tonight. If anyone wants to visit to buy candy, see a different town, and wish on some stars, feel free to come visit!
Dodo code is D9CX9

nevermind, I can't stay online for long enough to host tonight.

Tenik fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 6, 2020

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

SilentChaz posted:

Mau-Mau is open once again for procuring candy and pumpkins!

Dodo Code: GH1DH

Ursala is making a Spooky tower. Her house is right in front of the airport.

Help yourself to the items in the giveaway area next to Ursala's house (Cute music player is red, there are brown and black retro stereos, mermaid shoes are pink, hammock is dark brown)

Feel free to take pumpkins. I only have orange and yellow available right now.

Buy whatever at Nooks!

Able Sisters have Flashy round-ear animal hats and other things.

I will probably be AFK, so thanks for visiting!

Hey, I liked your decorations! I might steal that idea for the rainbow flower bed. It looked very nice.

My island kind of accidentally ended up with trans pride colors. Husband designed the flag to look "tropical" and happened to pick pink, blue, and white. So I kinda took that and ran with it.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Come on down to Donne, where no man is an island and the Bells toll for thee!

Redd is in town and he's got fake versions of the Quaint and Serene Paintings, plus a real Common Painting.

Knox is visiting the campground. You can't recruit from other people's islands, but come check out his extremely fresh helmet.

Nooks are selling a Fancy Violin (black) for a steep 140,000 bells.

I can never tell what's going to get people excited at the Ables, but I'm super jazzed to finally get my guy some wingtips for when I'm feeling fancy. Also a wide variety of novelty kitty hats.

Dodo Code is closed

Nameless Pete fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 6, 2020

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Anyone want Pancetti? She's in boxes today. I can open up for any interested parties.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Carcosa is open!

My DIY pile needs some studious players to teach, with lots to choose from!

Able's has Mage's boots to complete your costume.

Gala is crafting a tiny library

Nook's has an upright piano, a tool rack, candy, and a spooky chair! Turnips are doodoo.

Message board doodles and watering the pumpkin patch are greatly appreciated! I'm finally dressing things up, and your efforts are helping to make my island beautiful!

Visit scenic Carcosa today!

GN909

e: Thanks for visiting! Extra thanks to Breab for the gold tools!

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 6, 2020

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Hey does anyone have some spare Virgo Star Fragments from last month? I need two. let me know if you have any and what you want for them.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Dodo code is CLOSED
We're now on Day 6 Sand Souci will be open daily in Celebration of Halloween
I am your gracious host Lil' Imp Stonks

The main attraction is The General's Fun Park the biggest attraction in Sand Souci. Come see the various stands and purchase goods, ride on one of our four teacups, perform a spooky show on our updated haunted stage and of course Visit the World Famous Sand Souci Haunted House

Eugene is crafting the spooky candy set at the moment, will probably be done in about 2 hours from this post

We'll be getting the island more and more spooky as the month goes on, so visit as much as you can, the villagers and the business have pretty much finished their construction

And most importantly we have finished the Haunted Forest on the east side of the island.

If you enjoyed your stay please leave a note on our billboard in the town square

Kicks is also here with red and orange impish wings

The ables has raggedy outfits for your zombie costume needs, and Nooks has candy up for sale

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 7, 2020

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Update: Turns out Beardo is moving out If you need an absolute unit and a gentleman bear in your town, he's all yours.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Update: Turns out Beardo is moving out If you need an absolute unit and a gentleman bear in your town, he's all yours.

Oh poo poo

Sadly nobody wants to leave lately, no matter how much I follow them around glaring. :sigh:

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Dodo code is 3XQQT
We're now on Day 6 Sand Souci will be open daily in Celebration of Halloween
I am your gracious host Lil' Imp Stonks

Eugene is crafting the spooky candy set at the moment, will probably be done in about 2 hours from this post

We'll be getting the island more and more spooky as the month goes on, so visit as much as you can, the villagers and the business have pretty much finished their construction

And most importantly we have finished the Haunted Forest on the east side of the island.

Kicks is also here with red and orange impish wings

The ables has raggedy outfits for your zombie costume needs, and Nooks has candy up for sale

Where is Eugene located? I always get lost exploring other islands.

EDIT: found em

notthegoatseguy fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 6, 2020

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh poo poo

Sadly nobody wants to leave lately, no matter how much I follow them around glaring. :sigh:

Time travel two weeks ahead and you’ll usually get at least one villager that wants to move

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

notthegoatseguy posted:

Where is Eugene located? I always get lost exploring other islands.

You can bring up the island map on your Nook Phone. Highlight residents or buildings and the cursor will show you where they're located.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Desperate Character posted:

Time travel two weeks ahead and you’ll usually get at least one villager that wants to move

Yeah, I'm also too lazy to put in the effort, especially with the odds of having to retry if one of my good villagers asks.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I'm in the awkward spot of having 10 villagers I love and can't bare to part with any of them. But I still want the excitement of getting new neighbors.

Life is hard.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah, I'm up to four cats and three rabbits now and don't really want to lose any of them. If it was for another one of those types, I probably would deal with the hassle.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yeah, I'm up to four cats and three rabbits now and don't really want to lose any of them. If it was for another one of those types, I probably would deal with the hassle.

I have Doc, Chrissy, Mira, and Coco (rabbits), Ankha and Raymond (cats), Agent S (squirrel), Molly (duck), Fuchsia (deer), Rory (lion).

My favorite animal only appears in this game as a dirty crook. I want a fox villager!

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Opening Vista
Sahara is here
Mabels has all the mage boots, and of course candy!

Closed

Moose-Alini fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Oct 7, 2020

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

I've had to adopt a philosphy of "embrace change" when it comes to villagers. I'm dearly attached to everyone in my town, but I have to learn to let go.

Except for Coco. She's NEVER leaving.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

My favorite animal only appears in this game as a dirty crook. I want a fox villager!

Most of the wolves could pass for varicoloured foxes. Chief and Audie look closest to typical red foxes, and are probably meant to be in the same way that a lot of the tigers are leopards and a lot of the ostriches are random assorted birbs.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

And Raddle is clearly a snake doctor in a frog's body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Just found Lucky on a nook island! Perfect Halloween friend.