Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

The Little Death posted:

I've never seen that, can you post it?

This is the one I was thinking of, but there's another black and white one I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Combat Theory posted:

Owning cars is expensive like everything else regarding complex, privately owned machinery is expensive. If you know what you are doing it'll be cheap but it will occasionally cost you time and effort.

Cars are (or at least used to be) infinetly more accessible to fix and keep operational than a lovely MacBook or smartphone and a lot more fun to work on too, but if you are not making use of that and instead tread cars like black box machinery only the manufacturer can ever possibly touch, sure it can be loving expensive. On the other hand the majority of vehicles i bought cost no more than 3000 Euro and I have been motorized for the majority of my life. And I also never bought something more expensive than brake Discs or a new mass air flow sensor to keep them running.

Funnily, as someone who knows all this (but can't drive), I don't find smart devices all that much harder to keep operational as long as I pick repairable smart devices.

... is the loving Paula loose AGAIN?

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Combat Theory posted:

Or generally speaking, if you can get a Haynes repair manual for it, you can keep it running.

The Haynes Book of Lies

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

chilton supremacy

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

it was only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

My dude just discovered the fire escape feature early

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

https://i.imgur.com/5eIVjAv.mp4

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

lost my roof. love the car though

"The manager at the dealership said that either the seal for the roof was faulty, or the factory just … forgot to seal the roof on?"

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:eyepop:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
adds "sticking things together with glue" to the list of technology tesla one day hopes to perfect

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
can't wait for them to ship a car where they forgot to put lugnuts in the wheels

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

ynohtna posted:

it was only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Surprised the dealership didn't tell them that since they drove it off the lot it's not the dealerships issue and they have to schedule a service appointment.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Roosevelt posted:

can't wait for them to ship a car where they forgot to put lugnuts in the wheels

thanks for reminding me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii8rC6CPCvM

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Everyone knows that cabriolets are cooler and more valuable cares. The roof being detachable was simply a surprise bonus for the customer.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"my roof was leaking but i didn't think much of it"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's a "known issue" with tesla mdoel 3 and later

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
mother loving Stockholm syndrome lmao

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

"my roof was leaking but i didn't think much of it"

i kinda understand this, having at one point been such an enormous dumbass i drove a car with no coolant until the engine block cracked (i was not expecting that result). on the other hand, i was an enormous dumbass and so is that guy

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Also "they're not using the V-shaped bead for the glue, which I know is the industry standard, but I forgive them because running a company ... is hard"

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

I'm pretty sure loving up the window seal and not managing a V bead has to be deliberate at this point. I mean you can't even get application robots for that job anymore that produce a non V bead. Holy poo poo.

You can buy an 80 dollar battery powered extractor gun on eBay that will produce acceptable V-beads. Hell the bead is formed by the single use throwaway nozzle that you get with the bloody glue.

I can't wait for when tesla decides to go defense industry and the first tank reports come in.

Love the tank, though

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Oct 5, 2020

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Combat Theory posted:

I'm pretty sure loving up the window seal and not managing a V bead has to be deliberate at this point. I mean you can't even get application robots for that job anymore that produce a non V bead. Holy poo poo.

A V is just not fast enough!!!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

gschmidl posted:

A V is just not fast enough!!!
Elon builds roofs like he's sticking a LED cooler on an Athlon. Few dots in the corner, let gravity sort it out.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

make sure to get your roofless car from a dealer and not the factory i guess

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

pretty cool how you have to accept the car before you’ve even seen it. i guess you could just go there and not accept until you’ve done the exterior inspection though you can’t open doors until it’s in your account.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

yeah, they do everything they can to avoid customers inspecting the car before paying for it.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Spatial posted:

yeah, they do everything they can to avoid customers inspecting the car before paying for it.

someone's going to accept and pay for a car that isn't even there in the parking space, and there will be nothing Tesla will do about it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

has the "the front fell off" sketch been posted to death itt or is there life in it yet?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

lmao that is insane

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

If I'm reading this right you have to accept delivery of the car before they'll tell you where it is?

So you don't actually get to inspect it before accepting delivery. You have to full-on try to return it if you discover a defect

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you can't return it.

also, there are no dealers.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Combat Theory posted:

You can buy an 80 dollar battery powered extractor gun on eBay that will produce acceptable V-beads. Hell the bead is formed by the single use throwaway nozzle that you get with the bloody glue.

willing to bet the used value of a tesla in five years time that they're just using shower sealant guns because they're cheaper and "hey it's waterproof stuff that sticks glass on, loving idiot dinosaurs with their "special" tools".

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

jesus WEP posted:

has the "the front fell off" sketch been posted to death itt or is there life in it yet?

posting it anyways because i want to watch it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m5qxZm_JqM

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

good news for female employees looking to be promoted at Tesla!

mr Scoop
Feb 13, 2006

Help! Someone! Cut my head off, it's trying to murder the rest of me!

Grimey Drawer

Combat Theory posted:

I can't wait for when tesla decides to go defense industry and the first tank reports come in.

are we sure Tesla hasn’t already been building the f-35?

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

tesla model 35, the first military aircraft inspired by a sponsored line in a superhero movie

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

PIZZA.BAT posted:

posting it anyways because i want to watch it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m5qxZm_JqM
if you squint your ears you can even imagine the aussie accent is seff effrican

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

https://electrek.co/2020/10/06/tesla-dissolves-pr-department/

quote:

Electrek can confirm that Tesla has dissolved its PR department — technically becoming the first automaker who doesn’t talk to the press.

Another first in the industry!!! Amazing!!! Wow!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

the canopy of my model 35 gets ripped off by the wind immediately upon takeoff and i exclaim "wow it's a convertible too??"; these are my last recorded words

i hit the ejector button, but its only effects are to slide the seat backwards and to play a loud fart noise from every speaker

the autopilot engages the afterburner. it has spotted a firetruck near the airfield

"love the jet though"
— my epitaph