Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Belan
May 7, 2007
https://twitter.com/djsourmilk/status/1313260835813244928

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Morter posted:

Like a boosted ego :jerkbag:

i mean yeah kinda. steroids gently caress up your mid term thinking and poo poo. he is probably thinking way way less clearly than he already does.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean yeah kinda. steroids gently caress up your mid term thinking and poo poo. he is probably thinking way way less clearly than he already does.

I also mean somewhat of a god/messiah complex (informally) for having 'beaten' this or however he'll spin it to make it seem less deadly.

I mean he's already literally doing that. But if he somehow survives this beyond the critical spots he'll be strutting about it as much as he can.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I’m curious to see what this looks like

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

gay picnic defence posted:

I’m curious to see what this looks like

i mean we are seeing it. dude just left the hospital because drug make him feel good and than he did ANOTHER dumb stunt while visibly having distress.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Gasping is trending on Twitter.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Vorik posted:

Not sure how reliable this is but Kellyanne Conway's daughter posted these
I literally trust Claudia Conway more than I anyone on the loving administration.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
holy poo poo he looks like poo poo, swallowed coughs, gasping like a fish, him on 'roids is gonna be his high point too. He's got, what, three more days of the steroid treatment?

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/1313260810588893184

yeah, he is just putting off the inevitable. doing this poo poo with a MASSIVE steroid boost with out fixing the underlying issues will possibly kill him.

It's almost like he took the exact same approach to beating covid as he's taken to winning the economy. Inject steroids into the stock market/his body while ignoring (and obviously failing to address) the fundamentals.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

JazzFlight posted:

Probably worse feeling for him than the weekend because now he has a tie on.
The few times a year I have to wear a tie I'm like "uhhh this sucks."

Under the Trump administration we have developed the most advanced, most BEAUTIFUL clip-on ties the worlds has ever seen. People often tell me, where did you get such a wonderful tie?

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
TWiV just posted a half-hour Presidential Update special: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFpp3pIRjGQ

that's going to be your gold standard analysis from one of the most qualified clinicians in the world on COVID-19

existential anger
Jun 4, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

holy poo poo he looks like poo poo, swallowed coughs, gasping like a fish, him on 'roids is gonna be his high point too. He's got, what, three more days of the steroid treatment?

Yeah I thought it was just libs being libs and seeing imaginary things in Trump but he really does legitimately look like barely walking garbage.

And that’s him on steroids. If this doofus is truly that stupid, he’s probably doing to die like Stalin.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If Liberal Decorum Well Wishes ends up curing Trump they are going to need all the Well Wishes for themselves :argh:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Uglycat posted:

It's almost like he took the exact same approach to beating covid as he's taken to winning the economy. Inject steroids into the stock market/his body while ignoring (and obviously failing to address) the fundamentals.

He's never encountered a situation he couldn't buy his way out of and by God I just hope he's lucid when the realization that there's no way out sinks in

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
So what are the odds that they will now claim that he's fine and won't need to give updates on his health?

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

sexpig by night posted:

Has there been any discussion about how dexamethasone is meant to be administered later, when the immune system is going bonkers? All I've read about it suggests that taking it early might even make things worse by suppressing the immune response.

Remdesivir makes sense early on, but it's delivered intravenously and is typically a 5+ day treatment. I don't know much about the Regeneron treatment, but it sounds like it is also suitable early on.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Smeef posted:

Has there been any discussion about how dexamethasone is meant to be administered later, when the immune system is going bonkers? All I've read about it suggests that taking it early might even make things worse by suppressing the immune response.

Remdesivir makes sense early on, but it's delivered intravenously and is typically a 5+ day treatment. I don't know much about the Regeneron treatment, but it sounds like it is also suitable early on.

I'm almost done watching that special TWiV episode, recorded today. Daniel Griffin is pretty confident that Trump was past day 7 of symptoms on Friday when he went to Walter Reed and he's in that second week.

Week one: viral infection, use remdesivir and antibody cocktail
Week two: cytokine storm, lungs getting hosed up, need O2, use steroids

Meaning he could "decompensate" and crash any day. Also that he was probably symptomatic with fatigue and maybe other symptoms for up to a week before Friday, including at the debate. He wasn't getting tested daily or he tested positive and they lied about it until he was too sick to cover it up.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

Astro7x posted:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJfHDBpy/

Curious to see how accurate this ends up being.

Totally whiffed on "The President told us he would dress up for Halloween this year. His costume will be a skeleton."

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Uglycat posted:

It's almost like he took the exact same approach to beating covid as he's taken to winning the economy.

Gonna start yelling at the fed to raise his oxygen levels any minute.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

redbrouw posted:

Totally whiffed on "The President told us he would dress up for Halloween this year. His costume will be a skeleton."

I imagine he'll be looking more like Gluttony from Seven.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

BigglesSWE posted:

So what are the odds that they will now claim that he's fine and won't need to give updates on his health?

Normally pretty high but he won't be able to hide it during an election.

What a loving gong show.

jetsetter
Apr 16, 2007
wee

Fritz the Horse posted:

I'm almost done watching that special TWiV episode, recorded today. Daniel Griffin is pretty confident that Trump was past day 7 of symptoms on Friday when he went to Walter Reed and he's in that second week.

I don't know this show but TWiV is "This Week in Virology" a series by a Virology Professor at Columbia University.

Here's a link to where they discuss the steroid use and speculation on where Trump's likely at on the infection timeline: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFpp3pIRjGQ&t=974s

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Trump killing himself (or at least doing himself serious long term damage) out of a desire to look strong in the very short term is just so on brand. Shame that other people will have to suffer for this too.

BigglesSWE posted:

"The President has never been in better health, see?"

*everyone looks over at Mark Meadows in a Trump mask looking out the window and giving a thumbs up*

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Oct 6, 2020

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Smeef posted:

I also listened to that TWiV special, and they confirmed that, yeah, both Remdesivir and Regeneron are best suited to the early viral phase. Trump likey got little to no benefit from it.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
The best explanation is he demanded everything and everything right now and he got it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

sexpig by night posted:

downturn expected on Wednesday through Friday

downturn from his current condition

downturn from finding it unpleasant to fully inhale

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Morrow posted:

The best explanation is he demanded everything and everything right now and he got it.

I’m surprised he didn’t insist on HCQ though

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
This is the thing that's finally making me kind of :tinfoil: about Trump. Did he have it for another week, and know it, and spread it?

but probably it's like everything else in this admin and it's all just stupidity compounded by arrogance

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GreyjoyBastard posted:

downturn expected on Wednesday through Friday

downturn from his current condition

downturn from finding it unpleasant to fully inhale

I'm almost excited for the, at least, one full day of him and his taking victory laps about 'beating' covid before the steroids wear off

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Cabbages and Kings posted:

This is the thing that's finally making me kind of :tinfoil: about Trump. Did he have it for another week, and know it, and spread it?

but probably it's like everything else in this admin and it's all just stupidity compounded by arrogance

We don't know and in fact the Trump administration probably doesn't know. They've treated all countermeasures with contempt and even now aren't doing contact tracing.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Sodomy Hussein posted:

We don't know and in fact the Trump administration probably doesn't know. They've treated all countermeasures with contempt and even now aren't doing contact tracing.
The purpose of this one, I reckon, is so that people can't sue Trump in a few months for giving them Covid on purpose.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Morrow posted:

Yup. Imagine you are Trump.

You have a horrible virus and you will live or die.

If you die, you dont get to be president, if you look like you are dieing you dont get to be president.

You have one gamble that technically is in your favor.

Hes gona sharpy over his vitals.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Morrow posted:

He doesn't know what the treatments are but he's surrounded by sycophants who do and who probably mentioned all of the various treatments to Trump trying to curry favor, and Trump demanded them.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

cowofwar posted:

All DOs are technically equivalent to MDs but no good doctor is a DO. You’re not going to find DOs matching to highly competitive specialties at high tier institutions at any significant fraction. They make fine family doctors.
:chloe:
1: There are plenty of good DOs and just as many bad MDs. This is uncalled for and flat-out wrong elitism.
2: More physicians should be encouraged to go into family med/GP/pediatrics/etc.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

existential anger posted:

Yeah I thought it was just libs being libs and seeing imaginary things in Trump but he really does legitimately look like barely walking garbage.

And that’s him on steroids. If this doofus is truly that stupid, he’s probably doing to die like Stalin.

don't be silly, stalin didn't ignore and persecute his doctors

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GreyjoyBastard posted:

don't be silly, stalin didn't ignore and persecute his doctors

This post is a joke, right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cabbages and Kings posted:

A really depressed part of me thinks that he was hoping Biden would get it but that seems to involve more planning than Trump is capable of.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

ImpAtom posted:

A really depressed part of me thinks that he was hoping Biden would get it but that seems to involve more planning than Trump is capable of.
Lol, is this like Dune with Duke Leto and the poison tooth?
"...closer, Biden... come closer..." [bites down]

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

ImpAtom posted:

His medical team won’t or can’t answer when he last had negative test. There’s a theory that he wasn’t being tested on a regular basis *at all*, that only those around him were being tested.

This would mean that there was a gap in testing until he started showing symptoms, which I guess was Thursday? So, it’s entirely plausible that he was contagious at the debate, though probably not out of cunning but rather gross malfeasance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

Lol, is this like Dune with Duke Leto and the poison tooth?
"...closer, Biden... come closer... [bites down]"

Please. Trump is Baron Harkonnen and we all know it.

Shitshow posted:

His medical team won’t or can’t answer when he last had negative test. There’s a theory that he wasn’t being tested on a regular basis *at all*, that only those around him were being tested.

This would mean that there was a gap in testing until he started showing symptoms, which I guess was Thursday? So, it’s entirely plausible that he was contagious at the debate, though probably not out of cunning but rather gross malfeasance.

Yeah, I assume that is the case. Never assume cunning when stupidity will do.