Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Chairman Bob go on Chapo.

Or Adam Curtis or Alan Moore return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
why the gently caress have none of these podcasts had Boots Riley on yet. he said he’d do it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pirate Jet posted:

why the gently caress have none of these podcasts had Boots Riley on yet. he said he’d do it

scared as all hell

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

at one point boots said he wanted to go on chapo but then a bunch of people on twitter yelled at him that they were racist and sexist and he dropped it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Serf posted:

at one point boots said he wanted to go on chapo but then a bunch of people on twitter yelled at him that they were racist and sexist and he dropped it
good call. everyone knows chapo is a secret crypto-fash nazbol strasserite malthusian transphobic racist homophobic sexist alt-right chud factory

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

how could you forget honkler, smh

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Moviebob go on chapo

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

Chairman Bob go on Chapo.

Or Adam Curtis or Alan Moore return.

Bob Avakian is sort of boring when he talks. he's funny for making people wear t-shirts with his shirt on it.

last time i saw a Rev Com thing they were celebrating the pick of Kamala Harris for VP as a victory of BLM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OpgpeMEXjc

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

Honest Thief posted:

wahts up with phil these days?

he's all about how covid is a conspiracy these days

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

lol trump pretty much gave chapo a layup with all the content he gave this weekend and today. right in their wheelhouse.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Marianne Williamson on the newest bad faith said we need to elect biden because of the horrible poo poo trump's done, imagine what he could accomplish in another term, and then listed a bunch of poo poo that happened under Obama.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Also this happened after she said that people put their heads in the sand and ignored what happened under Obama and/or let him off the hook.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Gio posted:

lol trump pretty much gave chapo a layup with all the content he gave this weekend and today. right in their wheelhouse.

i was almost grumbling about them not being able to record it AFTER he went home, but tbh that's going to be kindling for the next ep so it's all good

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

cenotaph posted:

Marianne Williamson on the newest bad faith said we need to elect biden because of the horrible poo poo trump's done, imagine what he could accomplish in another term, and then listed a bunch of poo poo that happened under Obama.

she's dumb. people forget she's a loving grifter. that term is overused in politics but she is literally a self-help inspirational grifter for women

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

dang i cant believe marianne williamson said something stupid her credibility is ruined

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Judakel posted:

she's dumb. people forget she's a loving grifter. that term is overused in politics but she is literally a self-help inspirational grifter for women

Yeah she speaks well but she has an amazingly high opinion of her own intelligence. Like making the argument that if we elect trump again we might not have another election. Why wouldn't he just take over now? Absolute donkey brains.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

cenotaph posted:

post + podcast title combo

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/527838268529074176

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Get the guy that used to write MIM in the podcast. That was a classic website. United $nakes of AmeriKKKa.

Civilization 3 is cool because it's communist because it's a strategy game where you control things.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

if the chapos house gift is predicting the dumbest and therefore funniest and most likely outcome surely that is trump winning in a landslide after nearly dying from an illness he doesn't believe is real

gh0stpinballa has issued a correction as of 13:05 on Oct 6, 2020

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
virgil insisting trump was pwned and the american people would find him getting covid embarrassing was a lowpoint, come on man

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Honest Thief posted:

virgil insisting trump was pwned and the american people would find him getting covid embarrassing was a lowpoint, come on man

The polling seems to be proving him right

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
i dunno i saw a that video of a woman face down on the floor thanking jesus for saving trump
wouldnt put past this madness to galvanise him, if he doesnt die in the next couple of days

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

gh0stpinballa posted:

if the chapos house gift is predicting the dumbest and therefore funniest and most likely outcome surely that is trump winning in a landslide after nearly dying from an illness he doesn't believe is real

I never understood how they say that “Biden’s gonna win because it’s the funniest outcome” when the actual funniest outcome would be the Dems outright rigging the primary and turning voters into human shields to nominate the worst guy running who nobody liked and then losing to the least popular president of all time yet again.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Eustace posted:

The polling seems to be proving him right

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

he was closer than basically everyone else on election night though? he gave trump a 1/3rd chance while everyone else was like "lol there's like a 1% chance at best"

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Shipon posted:

he was closer than basically everyone else on election night though? he gave trump a 1/3rd chance while everyone else was like "lol there's like a 1% chance at best"

he wasn’t

the only reason why 538 had trump at 35% is because they overrode all of their “fundamentals” and boosted their fudge/gut feeling metric

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Shipon posted:

because nate isn't a statistician and he just arbitrarily picks numbers for his calculations

well for different reasons than why statisticians arbitrarily pick numbers for calculations

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Phone posted:

he wasn’t

the only reason why 538 had trump at 35% is because they overrode all of their “fundamentals” and boosted their fudge/gut feeling metric
boosting your gut feeling is probably the only realistic way to predict american elections at this point

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Phone posted:

sounds to me like they were all the more right for subjectively recognizing that the numbers didn't reflect reality well.

in fact, stating that the polling was poo poo is just about the most correct but non-obvious case possible to make on the eve of that election.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

sounds to me like they were all the more right for subjectively recognizing that the numbers didn't reflect reality well.

in fact, stating that the polling was poo poo is just about the most correct but non-obvious case possible to make on the eve of that election.

The whole notion of electoral chances in the form of percentages is extra dumb because elections aren't probabilistic outcomes. The percentages don't reflect the chances the way they do in, for example, poker shows showing the chance if hitting an out on the river. Instead, they represent the chance that the data is bad, statistical uncertainty, etc.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Honest Thief posted:

that was will? virgil wasn't on the latest chapo ep unless you're talking about something else

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Pirate Jet posted:

I never understood how they say that “Biden’s gonna win because it’s the funniest outcome” when the actual funniest outcome would be the Dems outright rigging the primary and turning voters into human shields to nominate the worst guy running who nobody liked and then losing to the least popular president of all time yet again.

That was funny in 2016. Them doing it again having learned nothing only for it to work this time would be funnier than if it failed again.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Honest Thief posted:

he’s right, though.

just because he has a rabid and unwavering base of supporters doesnt mean thats enough to push him over the finish line. he is losing by 22 points among seniors in MI. 22 points. that is well beyond the margin of error.

e: anyways the most embarassing things were said by amber. her not knowing how, exactly, the right interprets covid (“overblown” or “just the (bad) flu, bro”) was pretty bad for the self appointed “working class whisperer”.

Gio has issued a correction as of 16:37 on Oct 6, 2020

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

crepeface posted:

that was will? virgil wasn't on the latest chapo ep unless you're talking about something else

oh wow, i told on myself there

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

Gio posted:

he’s right, though.

just because he has a rabid and unwavering base of supporters doesnt mean thats enough to push him over the finish line. he is losing by 22 points among seniors in MI. 22 points. that is well beyond the margin of error.

e: anyways the most embarassing things were said by amber. her not knowing how, exactly, the right interprets covid (“overblown” or “just the (bad) flu, bro”) was pretty bad for the self appointed “working class whisperer”.

yeah there were some bad Amber takes this ep for sure

I can’t believe anyone thinks this won’t hurt trump. the people that love him or hate him will continue to do so, but swing voters will now be concerned about his health. that alone will make a difference even if the optics of how he handed this weren’t a factor

trump is probably going to lose. he’s had net negative approval ratings for his entire presidency. no other president has ever been so unpopular for so long. he barely eked out a win 4 years ago. the only thing going for him is how pathetic his opponents are

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
as long as you understand that if Trump does win Amber is your dad now

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Pirate Jet posted:

More people like Biden than Harris, and they're going to install her as president, so that's pretty funny.

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

This won't hurt Trump. The most likely outcome is that is has no real effect at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

More people like Biden than Harris, and they're going to install her as president, so that's pretty funny.
when the primaries first happened my thoughts were pretty much "i want bernie and will donate to him but if it's not him i'll accept biden because idk it'll get people to be quiet" until they decided to push harris. gently caress her, i would rather trump win again than potentially have her as president because she is the epitome of the worst democratic party impulses