Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

This is a lunch pail 9-5 podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Chapos have literally never done an emergency pod. Not once in the two years this show has been running. I don't know why you would expect one now

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
He'll be fine anyway

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

He'll be fine anyway

Yeah they said last night he's going to be released today.

Oh wait, this morning the doctors announced they will be considering whether or not he will be released today.

Oh wait,
https://twitter.com/josh_wingrove/status/1313131525903392768?s=20

Yeah see he's getting released tomorrow. No big deal

Clibanarius
Sep 22, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/josh_wingrove/status/1313131525903392768

bari weiiiiiiisssssss~ (Borat!)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
*Leaning over an intubated unconscious Trump*

"It'll be another 12 hours at least Mr. President"

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Gripweed posted:

The Chapos have literally never done an emergency pod. Not once in the two years this show has been running. I don't know why you would expect one now

it's not 2018 anymore, I'm sorry to tell you.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

PostNouveau posted:

Call me crazy, but if I had a huge politics podcast and the president got COVID and started putting out weird proof-of-life videos and taking 8 different experimental drugs at once, I might do an episode on it over the weekend.

you WON'T BELIEVE what SOME DIPSHIT DC JOURNALISTS are SAYING

about the PRESIDENT of the UNITED SNAKES of AMERICA

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
if you really want, i'll record an emergency bonus pod for you, i'll even provide the transcript ahead of time

quote:

it's funny that trump has covid

all of the breathless media coverage is annoying

please subscribe to my patreon

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Phone posted:

if you really want, i'll record an emergency bonus pod for you, i'll even provide the transcript ahead of time

please subscribe to my patreon

You stretch that out to an hour and add some Fortnite streaming and you've got :10bux:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

PostNouveau posted:

You stretch that out to an hour and add some Fortnite streaming and you've got :10bux:

you can't stretch it into an hour because there's nothing to say

gossip, sure. but who gives a poo poo?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Phone posted:

gossip, sure. but who gives a poo poo?

i love gossip

Serf
May 5, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Call me crazy, but if I had a huge politics podcast and the president got COVID and started putting out weird proof-of-life videos and taking 8 different experimental drugs at once, I might do an episode on it over the weekend.

it started out very funny but now that its over who cares

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Yeah, if they'dve done an emergency pod only for the dude to get out two days later it would've been another thing to get filed away in the Weird Dude Rolodex

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
maybe you fine folks can help me out with this question?

Race Realists posted:

totally off topic here:

one thing Ive seen some centrists argue with regards to the Japanese Politics thread is the severity of the threat the Japanese "Red" Army posed while downplaying or outright denying any CIA influence on suppression of any type of Left Leaning dissidents.

was there ever really a Red Army to begin with that wasn't just a giant front for CIA-funded Far Right reactionaries?

if I'm wrong, im wrong. given the knowledge of poo poo like gladio, what makes my observation flawed or delusional?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Serf posted:

it started out very funny but now that its over who cares

It got really funny again today so maybe they were right to wait!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah trumps rushing to get out of the hospital with the Roni even though he's still sick so once the manic state leaves he's gonna crash hard again and probably poo poo his pants on tv.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Every single podcast that did an emergency podcast over the weekend is already outdated as new info is coming out today and he’s going back. I’d rather have the episode tomorrow so they can recap all of it or whatever than react in real time

E: you can watch their reactions on twitter if anything in real time

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Every single podcast that did an emergency podcast over the weekend is already outdated as new info is coming out today and he’s going back. I’d rather have the episode tomorrow so they can recap all of it or whatever than react in real time

E: you can watch their reactions on twitter if anything in real time

If they record the episode tomorrow morning it'll be outdated by tomorrow afternoon after Trump has relapsed and been rushed to the hospital.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

everything becomes quickly outdated honestly the best thing to do would be to never record podcasts. the entire idea is hubris

Serf
May 5, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

don't count your chickens before they hatch

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

THS posted:

everything becomes quickly outdated honestly the best thing to do would be to never record podcasts. the entire idea is hubris

Only listen to live commentary while events are actually occurring. The past is bullshit.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It just keeps getting funnier what are you talking about. The second he got to the White House he took his mask off lmao.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

It just keeps getting funnier what are you talking about. The second he got to the White House he took his mask off lmao.

lmao fr

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Where everyone could see! LMAO

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

If you had a face like that you wouldn't want to cover it up either.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

just look at that beautiful face struggling to suck in air through his teeth and wincing in obvious pain

https://twitter.com/brenonade/status/1313263278613827585?s=20

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1313270907239124992

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1313266078039109633

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

This made me lol real hard.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

In Wraith: the Oblivion, Qin Shi Huang took over the Asian afterlife with his magic ghost Terracotta army.

(Then got replaced by a powerful evil dead spirit)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

I feel GREAT!

https://twitter.com/justingaynor/status/1313285647130669057

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Gripweed posted:

you're forgetting episode 300 - EMERGENCY POD - MUELLER REPORT

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

lol Amber

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I didn't think the COVID sympathy take was that out there (I really don't think it's true but I've had friends articulate a similar line), but what was that she said about COVID not spreading through the air?!

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

porfiria posted:

I didn't think the COVID sympathy take was that out there (I really don't think it's true but I've had friends articulate a similar line), but what was that she said about COVID not spreading through the air?!
it mostly spreads through droplets which travel out of your mouth and nose, up to about 6 feet before hopefully landing on the ground and not another person. but some people (especially early on) have a misconception that it's floating around everywhere like a gaseous miasma and they think they need to wear masks outside even if there's like 50 feet between them and the next person. it was the source of a lot of hysteria early on back in March and April. Only a limited amount of viral particles actually become "airborne" (lighter than air) and they stop being infectious much faster under those conditions, separated from the nice warm cell-rich liquid that is your snot.

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Oct 6, 2020

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Juul-Whip posted:

it mostly spreads through droplets which travel out of your mouth and nose, up to about 6 feet before hopefully landing on the ground and not another person. but some people (especially early on) have a misconception that it's floating around everywhere like a gaseous miasma and they think they need to wear masks outside even if there's like 50 feet between them and the next person. it was the source of a lot of hysteria early on back in March and April. Only a limited amount of viral particles actually become "airborne" (lighter than air) and they stop being infectious much faster under those conditions, separated from the nice warm cell-rich liquid that is your snot.

This is also why masks work. There were a ton of facebook things going around at the time showing that a virus is only THIS big but the gaps in a mask's netting are THIIIIIIS big, as though each virus just travels whole in the air and not riding along on a much, much larger moisture droplet.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
the next bet that matt loses, he should have to watch the Enola holmes thing on Netflix. it's purely about the 2020 American election, and girl power with several rgb quotes thrown in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

I think if trump dies he can still win the election as a corpse.