Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Aren't we all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I would like to inform the thread I am on medication that prevents me from making bad posts.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

bell jar posted:

check out the unicameral state lol

get a upper house nerds

You're just jealous on how streamlined our political system up here is.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Anidav posted:

I would like to inform the thread I am on medication that prevents me from making bad posts.

Oh where can I get some of that, I'm clearly in desperate need

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Anidav posted:

Maybe you need an adjustment of the dose.

Also tax cuts to help spending. What a joke. Record unemployment and they are cutting taxes mostly for those on higher incomes. I am still in work and I’m gonna chuck it on the bank. They really have nothing else in their playbook do they.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I lost my ability to make bad posts during the Falklands, but I got better

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Watching the breakdown of the new covid tax cuts.

Sure is nice that the people making the most money will be getting the most help. That makes perfect sense.

Meanwhile, it looks like those on the subsistence payments won't be seeing poo poo because they won't be bringing in more that $40k, which is the cut-off.

Finally, everything is back to normal now! I mean in the federal government, not the country.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

MythLisp posted:

Approximately 100% of the reactions are angry ones.

Looks like the Central Alliance have poo poo the bed like the Democrats did with the GST.

They were already on the way out - they didn't win any Senate seats in 2019 without Xenophon's personal popularity around and Rex Patrick already quit the party in the hopes of boosting his re-election chances. Word has been that the Libs have been trying to recruit Stirling and Sharkie for a while, I think with the promises of a ministry?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Jerbs and grauth!

PB overdosed on heroin which had been smuggled into the Emu Plains minimum security correctional centre by a visitor. She was only 21 years old. Guards admitted to the coroner that they would have found the contraband if they had followed correct daily procedures, including searches and perimeter checks. PB's cellmates also failed to alert authorities to her condition during the evening. "The tragedy of this matter is that, apart from the failings by Corrective Services staff on the night of her death, had any of the other inmates in House 3 chosen to “buzz up” there seems little doubt PB could have been saved," the coroner wrote.

ISSUES RAISED
Medical care required but not all given, procedures not all followed.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
This is exactly the garbage we'd expect from the libs and I'm still pissed off anyway, what the crap. Can't wait for Labor to complain a little and then vote every part of it through anyway.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

meteor9 posted:

This is exactly the garbage we'd expect from the libs and I'm still pissed off anyway, what the crap. Can't wait for Labor to complain a little and then vote every part of it through anyway.

Maybe given that the situation is so unprecedented that the Liberals actually increased welfare for people who need it (for a while), Albo will take the unprecedented step of actually doing something?

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."

Buttcoin purse posted:

Maybe given that the situation is so unprecedented that the Liberals actually increased welfare for people who need it (for a while), Albo will take the unprecedented step of actually doing something?

I'm pretty sure Labor's already on record agreeing to the bullshit tax cuts so I dunno about that. Based on years of prior evidence I really have no faith in anyone in any sort of position of power on this one.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I like how it all depends on there being no other outbreaks of covid (there will be), a vaccine to be available next year (there wont be) and for WA to open up borders in April (probably not)

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

NPR Journalizard posted:

a vaccine to be available next year (there wont be)

What makes you say this?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Suffering is certain

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Geneouses

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

lih posted:

They were already on the way out - they didn't win any Senate seats in 2019 without Xenophon's personal popularity around and Rex Patrick already quit the party in the hopes of boosting his re-election chances. Word has been that the Libs have been trying to recruit Stirling and Sharkie for a while, I think with the promises of a ministry?

Sharkie is a former Liberal staffer, Stirling and Griff are both business mates of Xenophon. The fact that any of them have ever taken any positions that aren't 100% tory is more surprising than them being poo poo here.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

CelestialScribe posted:

What makes you say this?

There will almost certainly be vaccines available next year, there's quite a few that are very close to finishing there human trails at the moment. How effective they will be, and how widely they will be available/how they will be distributed is still a bit of a question though.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
This country has such poo poo for a political system yet somehow manages to still be one of the best places to live in the world, in my opinion. Maybe I need to divorce myself from all news, because my social media feed just depresses me.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

MythLisp posted:

Approximately 100% of the reactions are angry ones.

Looks like the Central Alliance have poo poo the bed like the Democrats did with the GST.

I thought this might be an exaggeration, but...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Senor Tron posted:

I thought this might be an exaggeration, but...

drat left agitators rigging the reacts

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Huuuuuuuuuurg kill me. 'People Who Reacted' is not English gooding.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

meteor9 posted:

I'm pretty sure Labor's already on record agreeing to the bullshit tax cuts so I dunno about that. Based on years of prior evidence I really have no faith in anyone in any sort of position of power on this one.

This. Albo was on 24 grumbling about procedure and needing enough time to read the whole thing, but sounded like he's just going to agree with it all anyway.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Knobb Manwich posted:

okay grandma nazi

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Maybe the abc didn't get the memo.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Anidav posted:

i guess the placebo effect stopped working

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Apparently 1.5% is high interest now.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Knobb Manwich posted:

It’s totally normal and fine. What do you want them to put, “Reactors”? “Reactionaries”?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

CelestialScribe posted:

What makes you say this?

Because we live in the hell timeline where we cant have things that are good

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Ah yes, all those plentiful high interest no risk accounts...hmmm

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

It’s totally normal and fine. What do you want them to put, “Reactors”? “Reactionaries”?

I posted that then immediately after thought the picture cropped out the names of people who reacted beneath.

E: it's been six maybe more Facebook free years for me, bliss

hambeet posted:

okay grandma nazi

lol

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFexFlQVsSs

Good job bike helmets are mandatory

:greenangel:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

tithin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFexFlQVsSs

Good job bike helmets are mandatory

:greenangel:
He'd have a decent concussion I bet

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Hmm, yes, this will stimulate the economy well.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Well, you'll love this then:

High-income earners to reap 88% of Coalition's tax cuts by 2021-22

quote:

The Australia Institute’s analysis found that in 2020-21, 41% of the government’s tax plan will go to the top 20% of income earners, who earn about $102,000. The bottom 20% of taxpayers receive only 4%.

In 2021-22, 88% of the government’s tax plan will go to the top 20% of income earners. The bottom 20% get nothing, the thinktank found.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Responses I've seen to the budget so far are along the lines of "People who earn more money pay way more tax, so they need the tax cuts to make things fairer. Why can't people understand this?"
Also stuff similar to the old Joe Hockey line, that if you want more money/more returns, you should just get a better job. Nothing has changed about the way people think.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Oct 7, 2020

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Cormann is retiring from the senate to be nominated by Morrison as OECD Secretary-General.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Senor Tron posted:

Cormann is retiring from the senate to be nominated by Morrison as OECD Secretary-General.

80 years too late to parachute a Nazi into France.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Senor Tron posted:

This wont trigger a by-election, will it. The libs will just nominate someone to fill the seat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

NPR Journalizard posted:

This wont trigger a by-election, will it. The libs will just nominate someone to fill the seat?

Yeah senate seats as a parliament rule are filled by whoever the party is, that's why every independent senator has their own "party" so if they decide to retire they can hand pick who replaces them.