Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Would we give them partial points for correct region names, but still a failing grade because of those terrible borders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Getting rid of “South Texas” and “Central Texas” to put subregions instead and grouping everything else in “East Texas” is interesting. Waco as part of East Texas makes sense on a map with no cultural context, I guess. Splitting Houston from areas that would strongly identify with it is also interesting.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

DuckHuntDog posted:

Getting rid of “South Texas” and “Central Texas” to put subregions instead and grouping everything else in “East Texas” is interesting. Waco as part of East Texas makes sense on a map with no cultural context, I guess. Splitting Houston from areas that would strongly identify with it is also interesting.

What a polite way to say :wrong:

This is a political map of Texas in the same way Europeans' drew pictures of African megafauna pre renaissance.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Grouping baytown/mont belvieu/exxon/all the refineries into East Texas is actually just a gerrymandering effort to cut revenue off from Houston while also raising the per capita GDP of the new proud state East Texas to a whopping $17,000.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the panhandle is not really "North Texas" but there is nobody up there to dispute it

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/amalykinz/status/1313482159563378690

Hawkline
May 30, 2002

¡La Raza!
https://twitter.com/dallasnews/status/1313327623586689025

I don't have a good sense of scale since apparently Clinton only allocated $100k to Texas in 2016 (not that it made any sense to spend here), and I'm having trouble finding commitment numbers in the larger sized battleground states for this cycle (there is a big bundled number mentioned but i don't know how it divides up, and florida is weird cause bloomberg seems to be spending money there outside of that bundle).

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Texas is not going blue and I can't see national Democrats as anything but a hindrance to local candidates considering how badly they hosed the chances of tossing Cornyn by backing Hegar

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Texas is not going blue and I can't see national Democrats as anything but a hindrance to local candidates considering how badly they hosed the chances of tossing Cornyn by backing Hegar

Lol after some of the polling today idk

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

zoux posted:

gonna have the :piss: locked and loaded

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

hosed up they ignore the great rocks the Silurian era provided us.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Sign talk. The old white lady in my neighborhood who is racist but loves to garden and rescues dogs added a new sign today. She has 8 now all supporting Republican candidates. The new sign added this week "Latinos for Trump" she not Latino...

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

I don't understand why these maps always have Amarillo and Midland but not Lubbock. Lubbock is the largest of them and has Texas Tech which is the only goddam reason anyone goes out there. Shut up about WTAMU and oil. I get it, it's not really west and not really panhandle, but come on.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Sign talk. The old white lady in my neighborhood who is racist but loves to garden and rescues dogs added a new sign today. She has 8 now all supporting Republican candidates. The new sign added this week "Latinos for Trump" she not Latino...

Craziest signage I've seen in my (northside San Antonio) neighborhood is a yard with a Trump flag at each corner of the house and a large black sign that screams "NELSON WOLFF IS HUMAN GARBAGE" in big white letters. (Nelson Wolff is the Bexar Co. judge who first cracked the Riddle of the Governor back in May or June or whatever.) It's the only one like it I've seen around town, so I'm trying to figure out if there's a market for people who really hate the county judge, or if it's a custom-order job and I found the house of that guy who tussled with Wolff in a Lowe's a few months back over being asked to wear a mask.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
I’ve seen a handful of the standard trump pence yard signs in my runs around the neighborhood out here in old Katy. Mostly seems to be a bunch of mike Schofield signs. Really shocked there isn’t more judging by next door. None on my street thankfully, dude flying a giant rear end trump flag moved out a few months ago. Only one Biden sign though.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

zoux posted:

Bah gawd that's Wendy Davis' music

https://twitter.com/allymutnick/status/1313509245346873347

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Yes, That is certainly where I live, in Dallas :thunk:

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Yes, That is certainly where I live, in Dallas :thunk:

Dallas packed up its bags and moved to McKinney. Recursive urban sprawl.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Manager Hoyden posted:

Dallas packed up its bags and moved to McKinney. Recursive urban sprawl.

If there was any way to make Dallas worse, you just found it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

McKinney is too close, it's Melissa now

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Pretty soon there are going to be people saying they live in DFW but their mailing address is in Oklahoma.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Manager Hoyden posted:

Pretty soon there are going to be people saying they live in DFW but their mailing address is in Oklahoma.

Plano?

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Plano's spiritual address is definitely in OK.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

everywhere between cedar park and denton is just varying levels of how far south and north of leander it is, as leander is the spiritual center of texas, in the chinese heaven/universe sense

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/BetoORourke/status/1313495020155043842?s=20

:eyepop:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I swear, if they work willie to death phonebanking for MJ,

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TXElects/status/1313535914447167488

:eyepop:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao this is bigger news than dan patrick dying of covid

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

nice

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

gently caress

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I mean, there's going to be an ultracon PAC for the Tim Dunns and Wilks Bros of the state to pour money into, but it may be that the Empower Texans brand is toxic.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Invigorate Texans PAC

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Hawkline posted:

https://twitter.com/dallasnews/status/1313327623586689025

I don't have a good sense of scale since apparently Clinton only allocated $100k to Texas in 2016 (not that it made any sense to spend here), and I'm having trouble finding commitment numbers in the larger sized battleground states for this cycle (there is a big bundled number mentioned but i don't know how it divides up, and florida is weird cause bloomberg seems to be spending money there outside of that bundle).

To me this feels more like Biden pressing Trump to allocate funds in a state that Republicans feel should be pretty safe - potentially taking those funds away from states that are more closely contested.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

they've dropped like $100m on amy mcgrath and texas has like a hundred times the downballot blowout benefits

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

i say swears online posted:

they've dropped like $100m on amy mcgrath and texas has like a hundred times the downballot blowout benefits

Yeah $6M is basically a rounding error for state level spends. This is fishing for an over reaction response from the GOP to tie up their resources.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1313551795646541824?s=20

Looking forward to when Texas public schools go to three-day weeks next year

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I don't even understand the reasoning behind phone banking anymore. You're trying to convince people that are too stupid to ignore an unsolicited phone call to vote for your guy. Who the hell even answers an unsolicited phone call in the year 2020.

radical meme fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 6, 2020

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1313551795646541824?s=20

Looking forward to when Texas public schools go to three-day weeks next year

It's astonishing.

https://twitter.com/AllenWest/status/1313563364379914240

Did he, this guy who is definitely from here, just say "our Texas" in a tweet disparaging WILLIE NELSON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

radical meme posted:

I don't even understand the reasoning behind phone banking anymore. You're trying to convince people that are too stupid to ignore an unsolicited phone call to vote for your guy. Who the hell even answers an unsolicited phone call in the year 2020.

People will vote against your candidate if they get enough unsolicited calls.