Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Once Obama got elected my mom wanted to borrow my school copy of the communist manifesto because of course.

I think a classmate scribbled "gently caress communism" on the back too which didn't help matters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

I hope she gives corporate the “she calls that the PTO the paige tap out”

She's going to make sure her and her fellow wrestlers all get PTO. No joke, just paid time off.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/StephMcMahon/status/1313474496087699462

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Barstool Sports is about right

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

would you like to go into more detail about what exactly she was refusing to apologize for, stephanie

seems maybe kind of relevant to your current climate

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gonzo McFee posted:

Part of me wonders why Dave was hiding his own inhalers and why WWE didn't work to accommodate it better but then I realised that Vince would totally book a comedy inhaler gimmick and "Rib" him by hiding his inhalers

it reads more to me as him hiding them so people wouldn't see him use them mid match if he could help it but you're also probably absolutely right about vince

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

it reads more to me as him hiding them so people wouldn't see him use them mid match if he could help it but you're also probably absolutely right about vince

Honestly a wrestler who looks and acts like Batista, but openly has asthma, would be a not bad baby face thing if handled right. "I could literally die doing this but look at me anyway," is impressive.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Vince MechMahon posted:

Honestly a wrestler who looks and acts like Batista, but openly has asthma, would be a not bad baby face thing if handled right. "I could literally die doing this but look at me anyway," is impressive.

getting a huge pop for grabbing your inhaler and using it during the middle of a new japan finishing sequence

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Vince gets R-Truth to blow cigarette smoke into Batista's face.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Love to book fitness models wearing custom WWE logos to reference my child’s name for his bar mitvah.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

The 2nd thing they pitched to CM Punk as his character when he was getting called up was a deaf wrestler. Much like your idea, a character like that, handled with nuance, could be good. Punk turned it down, probably for the same reason any non deaf person would, it would be really hard to do that well and if you didn't, the firestorm could kill your career dead.

The first thing they pitched was the Spirit Squad. Which was then turned into an angle in OVW.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

ItohRespectArmy posted:

getting a huge pop for grabbing your inhaler and using it during the middle of a new japan finishing sequence

countering xavier woods' trombone by revealing a novelty trombone-sized inhaler

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The 2nd thing they pitched to CM Punk as his character when he was getting called up was a deaf wrestler. Much like your idea, a character like that, handled with nuance, could be good. Punk turned it down, probably for the same reason any non deaf person would, it would be really hard to do that well and if you didn't, the firestorm could kill your career dead.

The first thing they pitched was the Spirit Squad. Which was then turned into an angle in OVW.

Oh yeah, like the deaf thing, even though this is much less than that, no wrestler without asthma should do it. And WWE should 100% not do it. But an Indy guy could get over with it.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Vince gets R-Truth to blow cigarette smoke into Batista's face.
Reminder that this angle was instigated by R-Truth being caught on camera drinking water in between matches in a gauntlet match that he was in for the duration. The next week John Morrison called him out for being out of shape because he needed water in the middle of a thirty minute athletic competition. Oh yeah, and he smoked. But he attacked people with water bottles/drank water during his matches for longer than he smoked on-screen.

So yeah, who knows what would have happened if Vince saw an asthma inhaler broadcast out to the WWE Universe.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

ItohRespectArmy posted:

He calls it the High Fly Flovent

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Edge & Christian posted:

Reminder that this angle was instigated by R-Truth being caught on camera drinking water in between matches in a gauntlet match that he was in for the duration. The next week John Morrison called him out for being out of shape because he needed water in the middle of a thirty minute athletic competition. Oh yeah, and he smoked. But he attacked people with water bottles/drank water during his matches for longer than he smoked on-screen.

So yeah, who knows what would have happened if Vince saw an asthma inhaler broadcast out to the WWE Universe.

This could have been an all timer of a gimmick had they handled it right. R Truth is ruined beyond repair, but imagine Eddie Kingston stopping to light up in the middle of beating someone's brains in.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

And "Unapologetic approach" is definitely fitting in with the WWE business strategy

Terrorist deals, harboring sexual predators, trying to own the entire lives of their roster members, knowingly endangering said roster members, etc

You gotta have a thick skin

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

MotU posted:

He calls it the High Fly Flovent

hell yes

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Vince MechMahon posted:

This could have been an all timer of a gimmick had they handled it right. R Truth is ruined beyond repair, but imagine Eddie Kingston stopping to light up in the middle of beating someone's brains in.

I mean look what it did for Sandman.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CombineThresher posted:

I mean look what it did for Sandman.

I want it more cocky than him. Sandman just never stopped smoking, not because he was so confident, but because he was a scumbag. Which was great! It was literally all he had but it worked. I want it more as a guy who's just so efficient if he's trying that he can stop and do that stuff. An evil inversion of Orange Cassidy.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
i would prefer a wrestler who took time out to warn impressionable fans about the dangers of smoking.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cody and Kazarian co-own a cigar brand, AEW is firmly pro-tobacco.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Real bold assumption Eddie is lighting up tobacco

edit: eh, if he smokes weed it's probably blunts so I guess it's tobacco.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

Real bold assumption Eddie is lighting up tobacco

edit: eh, if he smokes weed it's probably blunts so I guess it's tobacco.

Sorry I should have been more clear: he should start cooking heroin in a rusty spoon in the middle of the ring.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

Sorry I should have been more clear: he should start cooking heroin in a rusty spoon in the middle of the ring.

AEW if a show for families, they can learn how to roll a blunt. Save that poo poo for hoodslam

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

AEW if a show for families, they can learn how to roll a blunt. Save that poo poo for hoodslam

Drugs Bunny to AEW when?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

...loving love HOODSLAM

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If Tony brings in anyone from Hoodslam I'd have my own personal jesus pop in my house

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Mr. Squishy posted:

i would prefer a wrestler who took time out to warn impressionable fans about the dangers of smoking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebN17xoJbLg

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
Didn't Big Show (or possibly The Giant, I forget when it was) turn heel once by walking to the ring smoking a cigarette, murder a jobber, and walk back up the ramp, without losing the cigarette?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

If Tony brings in anyone from Hoodslam I'd have my own personal jesus pop in my house

Honestly they could just get Shiek if she's free and it wouldn't even be THAT weird.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Best part was Rock talking about how he & Austin would bet cases of beer on how crazy he could bump for a stunner :lol:

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Silly Newbie posted:

Didn't Big Show (or possibly The Giant, I forget when it was) turn heel once by walking to the ring smoking a cigarette, murder a jobber, and walk back up the ramp, without losing the cigarette?

Yeah, that was a Giant thing in WCW. I think he might have done it more than once, he definitely had more than one segment where he was just smoking while standing around in one of those “all fifty-seven members of the nWo are in the ring to stand behind Hogan, Bischoff, and Nash as they cut promos, one after the other, for twenty-seven minutes” sort of segments.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

we need someone to do the putting the cigar out on the back powerbomb spot with a real cigar.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

https://twitter.com/iamjericho/status/1313594412719640578?s=21

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Being called out on your poo poo is just so hard

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol why would he even respond to that

Demo god is shook

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

He shouldn't sign his tweets.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Orange Carlisle posted:

lol why would he even respond to that

Demo god is shook

looking at his timeline, I think he's upset about Eddie Van Halen dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010