Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
https://twitter.com/chasestrangio/s...agenumber%3D599

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Thom12255 posted:

f's in the chat for Microsoft and Sony.

This might actually play out in MS’ favor much moreso than Sony’s- right now their big ace in the hole is GamePass, and they just added Bethesda and EA to that roster.

They also have the least expensive among the new consoles, though that particular model isn’t able to capitalize on the 4K screens people may have bought in the last few years, and it doesn’t have an optical drive.

But a $15/mo subscription that works on both PC and Xbox is probably looking super enticing to a lot of families that might’ve otherwise ignored it.

As it’s been said, all of the new consoles to be had in 2020 will be preordered and purchased away, so by that metric neither company will be hurting. I just see a lot of kids getting GamePass subscriptions in lieu of more expensive gifts this year.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a wrong thread but with a quote before

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

BigglesSWE posted:

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1313593121754828801?s=21

Next power move will be to fire Fauci and replace him with Ted Cruz.

i dont think he can fire him. but i can see him sidelined and poo poo which he is already doing. but i can see him just trying to shutdown covid poo poo outright more now.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Yeah we were talking about this a bunch in the thread yesterday

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I feel bad I used to find cults of the gods of pestilence, etc. unbelievable in D&D games.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Aidan_702 posted:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a wrong thread but with a quote before

whatever dude. I can’t even figure out what this post is trying to say

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

berserker posted:

Yeah we were talking about this a bunch in the thread yesterday

So, what?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I can think of nothing that would delegitimize the court faster than overturning the ban on gay marriage. Overturning Roe V Wade is close behind, but abortions aren't something that is seen as a super positive thing in people's lives. They're still really complicated.

People getting married? That's different. You take that poo poo away and everyone goes "hey, what? I thought we were done with this poo poo." It'd be like bringing back anti-miscegenation laws, suddenly people can't do a thing that society views as pretty universally positive anymore because of who they love, and society has moved the gently caress on from gay people being strange. Even the fundies are more interested in trying to chip off trans from the LGBTQ block than attacking gay people anymore.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

The media should just frame it that by failing to follow the rules that Pence is conceding the debate.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

may have been posted already:

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/...r%3D389lastpost

but imagine being such a massive loser that people hate you even more after you get a potentially life threatening virus. absolute zero of a president. total beta par excellence

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Ok Comboomer posted:

whatever dude. I can’t even figure out what this post is trying to say

Not being mean I’d just literally never seen it before ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

He (or his handlers) clearly think the debate is going to be a disaster if that’s the sticking point they’re picking. That should be the messaging - Pence is so afraid of the debate that’s he’s looking for an excuse to bail.

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

Glumwheels posted:

I imagine if they try to do this or try to ban abortion, things won’t go so well for them. They’re not going back in Pandora’s box even if they get their handmaiden on the court.

Edit: Trump doesn’t care anymore because he thinks he will sue his way out of a loss and get the Supreme Court to rule him as king dictator of the US. He’s trying to create as much chaos as possible in the meantime but this is all just pissing everyone off more and making them more determined to vote.

I mean, I imagine at a certain point that people are just going to think "Why are we letting 9 unelected judges decide whether or not basic rights exist for minorities or LGBT?" then that becomes a whole thing.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Bizarro Watt posted:

I mean, I imagine at a certain point that people are just going to think "Why are we letting 9 unelected judges decide whether or not basic rights exist for minorities or LGBT?" then that becomes a whole thing.

“And who is going to enforce it? Lmao look at this clown court.” Is a whole nother track indeed

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
This president guy is a real craphead

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Bizarro Watt posted:

This is why I'm not -super- worried (a little bit worried, but not super) about a 6-3 court dashing all climate change hopes for the next 30 years. Millenials and Gen Z, once we hold the levers of power, are simply not going to lay down in the street to die merely because some group of fuckers in robes says it's not allowed.

If it comes down to The Supreme Court as an institution vs massive, generational change then I do not see the Court coming out on top.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The court has not been legitimate for some time thanks to Mitch and I wish people would stop pretending like court packing is breaking norms too much or whatever

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Starting to think DC should be admitted to the union as two to four new states— at the very least North DC and South DC

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

The Sean posted:

So, what?

So yesterday is literally 200,000 years ago

just saying he should read the thread

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

How are u posted:

This is why I'm not -super- worried (a little bit worried, but not super) about a 6-3 court dashing all climate change hopes for the next 30 years. Millenials and Gen Z, once we hold the levers of power, are simply not going to lay down in the street to die merely because some group of fuckers in robes says it's not allowed.

If it comes down to The Supreme Court as an institution vs massive, generational change then I do not see the Court coming out on top.

I'm not too worried about that either but it's because by then it'll be way, way, way too late

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Grondoth posted:

Even the fundies are more interested in trying to chip off trans from the LGBTQ block than attacking gay people anymore.

That's not true. They just see trans issues as an easy way to fracture the LGBTQ block but hurting gay people is still part of their plan. They've admitted in their hate conferences that once they get gays and lesbians to turn against trans folks the next step is to get gays and lesbians to fight each other (and to exploit class and racial divides in the gay and lesbian communities) at which point they hope they can slip a gay marriage ban through because there won't be organized opposition.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Vire posted:

Did they negotiate with Pence's wife first so that he could take to Harris on tv?

New strategy: have moderators technically in a separate room, then Pence will be forced to put up a wall between him and Harris

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Mr Interweb posted:

may have been posted already:

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/...r%3D389lastpost

but imagine being such a massive loser that people hate you even more after you get a potentially life threatening virus. absolute zero of a president. total beta par excellence
I love this but also am skeptical about this big a swing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1313593121754828801?s=21

Next power move will be to fire Fauci and replace him with Ted Cruz.

at this point itd be nice if everything was great by thanksgiving

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

dwarf74 posted:

:same:

reality is no way this cool. but it's still a really loving funny poll

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Aidan_702 posted:

Not being mean I’d just literally never seen it before ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was on the previous page.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dwarf74 posted:

So am I but let's digest this

It could be DOUBLE DIGIT wrong in Trump's favor and he'd still be absolutely loving toast. And this doesn't even factor in the stimulus move.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Delthalaz posted:

Starting to think DC should be admitted to the union as two to four new states— at the very least North DC and South DC

I mean, how many Wyomings is it?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Delthalaz posted:

The city is split into quadrants...

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

berserker posted:

just saying he should read the thread

How many people actually read through the whole thread every day? I think this could be an argument for keeping slow mode on, otherwise I don't think I would expect people to read through the whole thread every day.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/HallieJackson/status/1313611970655006721

heh

e: vvvvvvvv I'm shocked it was able to jump species

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

More accurate to say Covid has contracted Stephen Miller

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

:sickos:

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Man this thread title switched fast.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Man that was a fast thread title change.

Also :woop:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

cochise posted:

https://twitter.com/HallieJackson/status/1313611970655006721

heh

e: vvvvvvvv I'm shocked it was able to jump species

Hail Satan

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Didn't Giuliani blurt out that Barr tested positive?

I think we can assume everyone in the administration and all the GOP Senators and their staffers are likely infected, just to on the safe side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Superrodan posted:

Man this thread title switched fast.

it was very exciting news

skylined! posted:

lmao get hosed Miller I hope you get to see your grandma soon.

Edit page snipe. Have a deg.

pretty sure he's headed in the other direction

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Oct 7, 2020