Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

StashAugustine posted:

Never been couped by the CIA or had a coup that wasn't CIA?

the former, though even in the latter I feel like you can find material support if you look enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I looked for KGB coups last year but I can't recall what I found

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

first they came for the qanon facebook groups and i said nothing

nut
Jul 30, 2019

what the gently caress, just learned about this deet (i'm sure at least some of you knew about it but fuckkkk)

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Dr. Dick Tubb

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

inferis posted:

first they came for the qanon facebook groups and i said nothing

The timing on this feels *twitter eyes looking left*

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

sleeptalker posted:

There is a weird thing with "chronic Lyme disease" which seems to be one of those things. Lyme disease itself can cause effects that persist long after the infection is gone, but there's a community of people (probably a majority of whom have never had Lyme disease) who believe that their feeling unwell is a form of Lyme disease caused by some kind of undetectable persistent infection. They tend to pursue insane antibiotic medication regimens against doctors' advice and/or go for whatever natural cures.
Someone really close to my family for years got trapped in the "Chronic Lyme Disease" bullshit. She's a great person who fell for a scam, and the "chronic lyme disease" quacks milk her for big money while not only doing nothing to help her, but prescribing IV antibiotics that don't help and are disastrous to gut flora. These doctors prey on patients and if anything, make their symptoms worse with the IV antibiotic treatment.

I hat big pharma as much as any other leftist, but the charlatans pushing BS treatments for symptoms after the infection is long gone are dangerous and keep people from seeking real medical treatment.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

nut posted:

what the gently caress, just learned about this deet (i'm sure at least some of you knew about it but fuckkkk)

the more i read about it the more convinced i am it was a saudi intelligence op, and that mossad actually tried to disrupt it but met resistance from the CIA, who already knew what "the planes operation" was and were perfectly ok with it

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

mossad trying to stop an attack on americans would be so 2001

nut
Jul 30, 2019

getting into the serial killer portion of programmed to kill and I feel like, even in the craziest situations, the simpler explanation is that criminals were co-opted by authorities or elites as hitman/drug runners/abductors either while they were arrested or probably just from earlier interaction, given a promise of freedom to do what they wanted as long as they'd also help out their co-opters. The idea that any of these criminals were MKUltra'd seems wildly superfluous

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

drjuggalo posted:

Obama’s mom is white, just white archer with jungle fever

Well this is a gross post

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

ptkfvk posted:

mossad trying to stop an attack on americans would be so 2001

As in Space Odyssey, because sci-fi?b

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I looked up something because I wasn't sure how Barack's mom was found out, or why his fans never seem to find themselves in the position of defending this stuff. They ought to. Spread it far and wide.

quote:

Topic: Barack Obama
Barack ObamaBy Sherwood Ross
September 6, 2010

President Obama – as well as his mother, father, step-father and grandmother – all were connected to the Central Intelligence Agency – possibly explaining why the President praises the "Agency" and declines to prosecute its officials for their crimes.

According to a published report in the September Rock Creek Free Press of Washington, D.C., investigative reporter Wayne Madsen says Obama's mother Ann Dunham worked "on behalf of a number of CIA front operations, including the East-West Center at the University of Hawaii, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), and the Ford Foundation." The East-West Center had long been affiliated with CIA activities in the Asia-Pacific region, Madsen says.

What's more, Obama's father, Barack Obama Sr., arrived in Hawaii from Kenya as part of a CIA program to identify and train Africans who would be useful to the Agency in its Cold War operations against the Soviets, Madsen says. Obama Sr. divorced Ms. Dunham in 1964.

Ms. Dunham married Lolo Soetoro the following year, a man Madsen says assisted in the violent CIA coup against Indonesian President Sukarno that claimed a million lives. Obama's mother taught English for USAID, "which was a major cover for CIA activities in Indonesia and throughout Southeast Asia," Madsen reports. That USAID was a cover for CIA covert operations in Laos was admitted by its administrator Dr. John Hannah on Metromedia News. Madsen says the organization was also a cover for the CIA in Indonesia.

Ms. Dunham worked in Indonesia at a time when Midwest Universities Consortium for International Activities(MUCIA) – a group that included the University of Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Minnesota and Indiana – was accused of being a front for CIA activities in Indonesia and elsewhere. Ms. Dunham traveled to Ghana, Nepal, Bangladesh, India and Thailand "working on micro-financing projects" for the CIA, Madsen reports.

And Ms. Dunham's mother, Madelyn Dunham – who raised Obama while his mother was on assignment in Indonesia – acted as vice president of the Bank of Hawaii in Honolulu, which Madsen says was used by various CIA front entities. She handled escrow accounts used to make CIA payments "to U.S.-supported Asian dictators" including Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos, South Vietnamese President Nguyen van Thieu, and President Suharto in Indonesia, Madsen says.

"In effect, the bank was engaged in money laundering for the CIA to prop up covertly its favored leaders in the Asia-Pacific region," Madsen writes. "It is clear that Dunham Soetoro and her Indonesian husband, President Obama's step-father, were closely involved in the CIA's operations to steer Indonesia away from the Sino-Soviet orbit after the overthrow of Sukarno."

"President Obama's own work in 1983 for Business International Corporation, a CIA front that conducted seminars with the world's most powerful leaders and used journalists as agents abroad, dovetails with CIA espionage activities conducted by his mother," Madsen says. "There are volumes of written material on the CIA backgrounds of George H.W. Bush and CIA-related activities by his father and children, including former President George W. Bush. Barack Obama, on the other hand, cleverly masked his own CIA connections as well as those of his mother, father, step-father, and grandmother," Madsen points out.

A review of the influence on the Oval Office by the CIA, particularly since the presidency of Bush Sr., a former director of the Agency, it becomes apparent the Agency has played a major role in the shaping of U.S. foreign policy – a role that has been largely kept secret from the American public and one which most Americans would not have approved. The CIA's overthrow of the democratic government of Iran in 1953 is an example. The overthrow occurred after the Iranian government nationalized the oil industry following alleged cheating on payments by contractor British Petroleum, then known as Anglo-Iranian Oil Co. For another, the CIA's widespread use of illegal rendition and torture of suspects is repugnant to Americans who still believe in their Constitution.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
That's a lot of CIA fronts... Hmmm.

Maybe I worked at a CIA front.

Oh Jesus lol the primary source is Wayne "Obama cruised for men at pickup basketball games" Madsen.

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 06:58 on Oct 7, 2020

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

GWBBQ posted:

Someone really close to my family for years got trapped in the "Chronic Lyme Disease" bullshit. She's a great person who fell for a scam, and the "chronic lyme disease" quacks milk her for big money while not only doing nothing to help her, but prescribing IV antibiotics that don't help and are disastrous to gut flora. These doctors prey on patients and if anything, make their symptoms worse with the IV antibiotic treatment.

I hat big pharma as much as any other leftist, but the charlatans pushing BS treatments for symptoms after the infection is long gone are dangerous and keep people from seeking real medical treatment.

I feel like chronic lyme is sorta a manifestation of how hard the US healthcare system sucks and people are totally wiling to believe they have some nutty disease because of course our healthcare system is too hosed to diagnose it. Then the OTHER half of of our hosed up healthcare system comes in and starts milking them for cash with expensive bullshit treatments and next thing you know you're hearing about someone you know trying to raise money for lyme stuff and ugh

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Chronic Lyme is in my experiences been "I'm a HFCS-for-blood diabetic, but I refuse to change my diet or exercise so it must be something else making me tired and my limbs hurt."

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Wasabi the J posted:

Chronic Lyme is in my experiences been "I'm a HFCS-for-blood diabetic, but I refuse to change my diet or exercise so it must be something else making me tired and my limbs hurt."

tbh I think a lot of people that have it are just really depressed or something and no one in the situation is comfortable dealing with mental illness but everyone is ok with DEADLY TICK BACTERIA causing the same problems

and thats how people get chronic lyme

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

nut posted:

Me and my friends downed cipro like crazy while workong in Ethiopia. Not a good idea, its a powerful antibiotic iirc

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
hey so is this just the kooky conspiracy thread now? what happened to Maxwell? didn’t she get arrested like a month ago? isn’t she... like... the key to all of this still potentially meaning consequences for anyone or justice for the victims?

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Bust Rodd posted:

hey so is this just the kooky conspiracy thread now? what happened to Maxwell? didn’t she get arrested like a month ago? isn’t she... like... the key to all of this still potentially meaning consequences for anyone or justice for the victims?

is this a request that we google it anew today for you and then post it here?

as far as I’ve known there hasn’t been any significant updates, just waiting in the legal system and a steady number of alleged victims coming out since the opening of the Epstein compensation fund since June

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

nut posted:

is this a request that we google it anew today for you and then post it here?

as far as I’ve known there hasn’t been any significant updates, just waiting in the legal system and a steady number of alleged victims coming out since the opening of the Epstein compensation fund since June

sorry I thought the threat labeled “Epstein thread” would be a good place to check in on Epstein but then I scrolled through 5 pages of spook poo poo and had none of the info I was looking for.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
shame that. check back in three months and maybe you cna make the same post again

nut
Jul 30, 2019

ya a couple of pages discussing a wildly popular meme that positions Epstein in a hierarchy of conspiracy theories and suggests how the public should classify it, focusing only on his suicide and pizzagate

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
when you wake up one morning and there's been 300 posts in the Epstein thread, you'll know that GMaxx finally got got

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

when you wake up one morning and there's been 300 posts in the Epstein thread, you'll know that GMaxx finally got got

luckily we'll never have to worry about such a thing!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Lmao thinking she was ever in jail

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Was that reddit power user account ever definitively linked to her?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
There was an article about how some large majority of reddit posts come from an Air Force, suggesting that a lot of the content there is an op, but darned if I can find it.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

There was an article about how some large majority of reddit posts come from an Air Force, suggesting that a lot of the content there is an op, but darned if I can find it.

here ya go: https://web.archive.org/web/20160604042751/http://www.redditblog.com/2013/05/get-ready-for-global-reddit-meetup-day.html

"Most addicted city (over 100k visits total)
Eglin Air Force Base, FL"

bonus pdf Containment Control for a Social Network with State-Dependent Connectivity

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks! The Eglin reference lead me to the specific one I was looking for:

https://medium.com/@MKultrawoke/the-truth-about-the-alt-right-a-destruction-by-facts-and-logic-e3d07f27e8cb

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

sorry I thought the threat labeled “Epstein thread” would be a good place to check in on Epstein but then I scrolled through 5 pages of spook poo poo and had none of the info I was looking for.

loving SORRY okay???

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Suplex Liberace posted:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

E Depois do Adeus posted:

Was that reddit power user account ever definitively linked to her?

Still no activity since the day before her arrest, so ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

nut
Jul 30, 2019

my dad saw a lot of the books i had been reading and offered me one he thought I might like about a "true story" and it was Bill Browder's book about how he heroically made the Magnitsky Act :suicide:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Laterite posted:

Still no activity since the day before her arrest, so ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol at the posters who were all "it's probably just a coincidence!" at first

it's never a coincidence.

NEVER.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
i'm honestly surprised maxwell hasn't been suicided yet or something. no news is good news, as they say! or it's bad news. or it's just no news. this poo poo sucks.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Suplex Liberace posted:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

nut posted:

my dad saw a lot of the books i had been reading and offered me one he thought I might like about a "true story" and it was Bill Browder's book about how he heroically made the Magnitsky Act :suicide:

you have to read us and report back any interesting weirdness that slips through

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Admiral Ray posted:

i'm honestly surprised maxwell hasn't been suicided yet or something. no news is good news, as they say! or it's bad news. or it's just no news. this poo poo sucks.

for whatever reason her name just isn’t as marketable as Epstein. people just don’t seem to care about her as much. I’m still expecting her to show up on the view as the new host though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

you have to read us and report back any interesting weirdness that slips through

i don't think i can lower myself to reading this

if people aren't familiar, Bill Browder was one of the biggest profiteers to Yeltsin's (America's) 1990s shock capitalism in Russia. Browder had also gone through such valiant endeavors as renouncing his american citizenship to dodge taxes. In the same vein, he abandoned Russia following a civil tax judgement of 19 milly, leaving his accounting, Sergei Magnitsky behind to be arrested and answer for his crimes. Magnitsky died in jail (Russians say it was cardiac arrest, Browder and the US by extension say torture). Browder said Magnitsky was actually jailed not for Browder's own indiscretions but instead because Sergei had somehow exposed 230 milly in theft by the Russian govt.

Browder lobbied to get the Magnitsky act passed in America, which introduced sanctions on Putin and oligarchs close to him. Browder also fought tooth and nail to prevent release and screening of a documentary called "The Magnitsky Act: Behind the Scenes" by Andrei Nekrasov, a Russian dissident, because it suggested that Browder had made up most of his story.

Perhaps in the chaotic magic of this thread, I guess this can be woven back into the subjects here because the Magnitsky Act was famously combated by Putin barring the adoption of Russian orphans by Americans, which probably has implications here, sadly.

e: I don't even know where to begin to suggest to my dad that this is wild propaganda. Maybe ask him why he thinks the head of a capital firm that pillaged Russia in the 90s would write this book and not, say, an academic or journalist